Why do shithole countries tend to watch more anime?

I was fooling around on Google Trends and realized that most of the anime related searches come from shithole countries such as Philippines, Saudi Arabia. How can El Salvador with a population of 6 million have more anime searches than every country except Japan, Philippines and Saudi Arabia? How do Arabs watch anime anyway? Is it even legal? I'm an ignorant guy please educate me.

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=/m/0jxy

Attached: 00AkoandRiko.jpg (720x480, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
twitter.com/jairbolsonaro/status/1057739622309134340
youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy6HZArHSY
youtube.com/watch?v=S-rlgiAAKnc
youtube.com/watch?v=TDDBKc4GJ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=e6iDscvl_VE
youtube.com/watch?v=eeE0Xgi4S2k
youtube.com/watch?v=S_NYUfSf3TA
youtube.com/watch?v=-8QBUrNNZbg
youtube.com/watch?v=aVps7M4DH4s
youtube.com/watch?v=uG98-pmbZfE
youtube.com/watch?v=I1UQ1Xaljwo
brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chōdenji_Machine_Voltes_V#Influence_and_legacy_in_the_Philippines
interaksyon.com/breaking-news/2018/07/06/130118/role-voltes-v-martial-law-philippines-anime/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

escapism

Escapism my amigo

Might be but I still wonder why El Salvador has more searches than America for example. Does everybody in El Salvador watch anime?

No alternative.
If you live in rich countries you can at least go outside, read things, watch TV shows that aren't terrible or just play games.
If you live in a poor country chances are you don't know english well enough to look at other stuff online, don't want to go outside cause you'll get shanked or robbed and don't have access to other recreational infrastructure and no money to buy a good gaming pc or console/games.

Licensing anime is cheaper than licensing American shows.

Just have some history with those Jap

Really? Most of them don't have internet connection tho.
I didn't know that.
Philippines is okay but Saudi Arabia and spic countries?

people that doesnt what living in a hellhole tend to like more escapism more with imaginary friends

gee who would guess mi hermano

Filipino here, basically every kid here knows about naruto, one piece or dragonball because our free channels plays badly dubbed anime.

spic countries are full of the biggest weebs, always have been, they have a history with Japan

Filipino monkey here, I don't have a decent computer to play games and our country favors making friends with extroverts so people with subpar social skills like me are left with anime to deal with our crippling depression

No, you're thinking of the French.

Our live is shittier, way whitter than non-shithole countries, therefore we increase our escapism dosage

yup this i watched a lot of anime when my pc was dead and i only had my smartphone

Too broke to make their own shit so they export

>my country is 4th place accoding to this chart
vale verga la vida

Er, Import*

Because Google show this numbers in relation to population.

Apparently, people who somewhat knows Spanish are weebs.

im in guatemala we watch the anime all the time

>Saudi Arabia
Noticed it every time I was downloading some yowamushi pedal episode, always a couple of saudis downloading it too.

That reminds me of a village here in southern Spain, many centuries ago a Japanese ship came with some sort of embassy nips and people got along so well they decided to stay at spain and fund a village and I thing today you can sense some nip facial features on the people there.

>Saudi Arabia
It is because they are sexually frustrated

A lot of these english speaking people are probably non white. Who'd have guessed there is a big world out there?

im an Indonigger and we have plenty of weebs here, heck our local tv channel airs naruto almost everyday

used to have even more anime, eyeshield 21, bleach, ueki, etc.

god those were the days

>Random over seas French territory has the second highest searches for Fairy Tail

Attached: 1487812986778.jpg (800x800, 115K)

This thread is not really Yea Forums. Take it to

Nonsese. That's Coria del Río, but claiming that a single Japanese expedition resulted in the local population having even slightly Japanese features 400 years later, or that it created some lasting bond between the countries, is simply ridiculous. It's just an anecdote that the local government likes to bring up from time to time to make it look like the town has a richer history than it has.

It's interest per region, not in absolute terms.

?

?

Is anime some high-tier luxury of the 1%? Why does this surprise you? People like anime.

In first world countries watching anime is something you don't do and if you like anime you hide it.
In third world countries liking anime is like liking beer, you even see shit like the brasil president using the dragon ball ost for his propaganda videos.
Gayming is also seen as childish so there is that.

Attached: 1554135731990.png (265x340, 145K)

Hi user, I think you might want to check out this server.

discord.
gg/bBaZXcp

Attached: 1555137011416.jpg (1000x1000, 544K)

With german and french you have to include the translated searches because those faggots dub everything, as such its difficult to find out true numbers for dub loving countries

>you even see shit like the brasil president using the dragon ball ost for his propaganda videos
Source?

Attached: 1511605799437.png (540x812, 365K)

!?

twitter.com/jairbolsonaro/status/1057739622309134340

So, you can't be what you like in a first world country? Poor thing.

>satania poster
>tripfag
>hue
>tripfag

why exactly did you not kill yourself yet

Their countries produce no good media of their own
So they watch other countries media and are much more open to all kinds of foreign media

because their lives are shittier. who the hell would want to live in the shit hole that is the Philippines?

Flip here. Yeah the media here is much garbage. Also I live in bumfuck nowhere so I only have manga and league to keep me busy.

Argentine here , I can assure you leisure activities are expensive.
Just spare 33 usd monthly and you have yourself a decent internet connection, otherwise almost all activities are more expensive than that.

Wow, I don't know how I missed that before but that's pretty cool.

If he's brazilian chances are he is not going to live past his 20s.

>Yea Forums is full of SEAniggers
what else is new?

Attached: 1462976856324.png (351x350, 115K)

wasnt it seaniggers and canadians during april fools?

We already knew this since /spa/ though

are you sure this is not a spic? or a candidate going for a less popular position?
there are less methods of suicide available, for example, not as many guns go around like in america.

I'm almost 30, not a hue though so maybe that's why.

Attached: 1550254114890.gif (752x678, 949K)

how interesting, please tell us more about yourself. You are like a celebrity to us, your personality is very interesting and I love that you use a tripcode so we can easily identify your posts and follow you. You are of great importance to this board, post most please, Ill do anything for more of glorious, Yea Forums blessing posts

You know, you will be world famous oneday

But people that live in the first world are a bunch of whiny crybabies and escape of reality the same oh as much as this shitholes, you're talking about you stupid nigger. Stop believing all you see in pol/.

The escapism theory doesnt hold up imo because 1st worlders also escape just more often into vidyagames, and drinking, whatever is more socially accepted

anime escapism is on the rise Id say even here, just like how gaming was a nerd thing and is now normal for guys

Part of the reason is also that free anime f2p mmos were the only games running on their computers.

It's the gateway drug to anime.

What is the heroin of anime? loli doujins?

Venezuelan here, you are totally right.

Isn't it haram to watch anime?

breaking news: people from shithole countries migrate to 1st world ones. not the other way around.

How do you even have internet connection?

Loads of anime is translated into Spanish and is easy to torrent, while it's harder and harder to pirate normal movies. Also, Western movies nowadays are gay as shit; it's either Marvel schlock or shitty Star Wars - while anime is still undiscovered territory and fresh, and not infected with SWJ gayness. Also, normie male audience back in the day enjoyed action schlock films like Rambo, Taxi, Die Hard, Mortal Kombat, Conan the Barbarian and so on; because West is producing now mostly gay shit - only anime puts out reliably fun, packed with action movies like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Fairy Tale, One-Punch Man and other stuff. Outside of USA and EU, masculinity is normal thing - and normie guys after work want to grab a beer and see a movie where he doesn't have to think when watching, and he can see stuff blowing and faces being beaten. But well, it's not just limited to males; girls living in traditional cultures want to see females in supporting roles, having cute clothes and being beautiful, not STRONK BALD WOMYN SLAYING VAGINA MONSTAR.

Attached: 1550724189357.jpg (580x515, 43K)

With will power you can connect to the internet at any place of the world

Internet cafe's are still a thing in poorer places, and I guess fairly cheap

It's quite normal in rural China to get into internet cafe and play World of Tanks with group of 10-15 guys in local clan. Huh, internet cafe's, I miss those.

Idk. If my country had an inflation rate of 10 million percent, watching anime would be the last thing I would want to do

>or a candidate going for a less popular position?
Check his profile

>It would be the only thing I would want to do.
ftfy

This. I was born in a shithole town inside the shithole of Brazil. Back in the day literally no one had internet connection at home aside from some people using dial up. Anime used to make for mainstream TV shows in the 00s, so this was our primary source of anime. Another alternative was to buy pirated DVDs with anime episodes, it was dirt cheap even back then, you could buy one and share with the whole class.
He is our current president.
I'm not sure about these countries, but here in Brazil, the Japanese culture is quite a lot mixed with ours, especially in some few regions. In the city where I currently live, it's quite easy to find Japanese people or their descendents. The most spoken language in my state (aside from Portuguese) is Japanese, which says a lot.

No, user. The countries whete feminism and diversity won are true shitholes. No wonder they don't even watch anime.

This is my perspective as an American
1. America typically does not import media and shies away from subtitled media
2. Animation is excessively ridiculed by the mainstream as being only for children and hardcore nerds
3. We have our own media empire in terms of television, movies, comics etc.
4. While it's not so prevalent nowadays, there was a lot of racism against Japs until about the 90s because of WW2. We saw them as perverted little socially repressed coward gremlins (and they are, really)

The rest of the world is much more import friendly when it comes to foreign media. Many countries rely almost exclusively on media imports. There are also places that are close proximity to Japan (Philippines) or have a long history of cultural exchange with Japan (Bazil, France). The seeds of anime were sown rather early in places like the Middle East and Italy, which means they have a stronger subculture and more mainstream acceptance today. In comparison, anime ("Japanimation") didn't even really hit the shores of America until the late 80s/early 90s and only entered greater mainstream cultural awareness in the early 00s. I hate to say, but Americans are exceedingly ignorant about anime/manga. Which is why we excessively worship works like Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion. I've been an anime fan since 1995, which was highly unusual back then and was very much underground. The only reason I got into Japanese stuff was because of a Hawaiian comic called Usagi Yojimbo, made by the comic God Stan Sakai, which turned me on to all things Japanese. The fandom was completely different in those days. It's almost hilarious to look back at what we considered to be the representative titles of anime: relatively unimportant stuff like Wicked City and M.D. Geist. It's been a long, strange journey.

Attached: neo-tokyo-is-about-to-e-x-p-l-o-d-20196326.png (500x647, 195K)

anime is growing more and more popular and accepted though
its like gaming in the 80s, like you said only for kids and nerds, then eventually mainstream.

Which sucks, because as we all know when something hits the mainstream it will degrade in a desperate attempt to appeal to as many as possible

But it must have some presence. Even Obama thanked Japan's prime minister for giving them anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok

>How do Arabs watch anime anyway?
Filthy Arab here, believe it or not we grew up watching dubbed anime like mazinger, grendaizer, tiger mask, dragon ball, hunterxhunter, Yugi oh, detective Conan, captain tsubasa, etc
Anime was airing since the 90's in tv there
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy6HZArHSY

came to say this

Well they are okay shows, but wouldn't watching ecchi stuff get you stoned or something like that? You know sharia laws?

Less access to western film, easier to pirate than western film, less expensive than video games

are you telling me in shithole countries people watch anime more than western films?

Ecchi stuff don't air on tv, and you are free to watch whatever you want on the net. Not everyone is religious there. Actually Arab people hate censorship as much as other people do.

The one fucking thing you can't do is to import an Onahole which is killing me.

>Actually Arab people hate censorship as much as other people do.
wait till arabs invade your country
they dont even want women to show skin

Im not going to reply further because were entering /pol/ territory but youre very, very wrong with that statement

Try a goat

I like my country Indonesia and their very fast, diverse and non-localized fansubs.

Cause theyre lonely virgins like us

West is no longer producing visionary stuff like Matrix, why would you want to watch new Star Wars? Maybe in USA and leftist media it's a big hit, but everyone else totally ignores this pile of shit. Shithole countries watch only western horrors and good, older films, that's it.

I have noticed that the Hunter x Hunter wiki ALWAYS has the Arabic names for characters and concepts included as Togashi deigns to release new stuff. I would have thought the gay pedo clown would be an object in a Muslim country, but obviously not.

No. Don't believe these guys. I live in Brazil and anime is not that popular here. The only shows that are insanely popular are the ones that aired on tv years ago. Saint Seiya, Dragon ball and such. Not that many people watch anime here. Maybe 1 million out of 212 million people.

Americans are literally incapable of understanding the Japanese culture, I am happy anime isn't trending with them as much I excepted.

>Compares Hollywood movies's popularity to anime.
That was funny

Back in the day it was cheaper and easier to license anime than burger media.

You misspelled with the bunch of retards it has attracted

youtube.com/watch?v=S-rlgiAAKnc

This and also it is easier to license it than to make your own.

Arabic dubbed stuff suffers from the "Only 5 voice actors" syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=TDDBKc4GJ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=e6iDscvl_VE
youtube.com/watch?v=eeE0Xgi4S2k
youtube.com/watch?v=S_NYUfSf3TA
youtube.com/watch?v=-8QBUrNNZbg
youtube.com/watch?v=aVps7M4DH4s

Except for France, anime isn't really popular among whites.

>eeE0Xgi4S2k

that's every foreign dubbing ever

it is popular but not as much as shitholers

I think it has to do with escapism, spanish speaking countries in LA watch a lot of anime, Peru and Brazil is also full of Japanese people, good thing is that it helps getting more subs.

Those are the only accepted ones as said. Anything else and you're a cringy otaku

You don't even know whether these google stats are accurate. I wish mods deleted this shit thread.

When you coming to take care of someone's grandparents here? t. Israel.

I blame Locomotion.

Attached: 6AD7AD6C-6805-4903-8FCA-18941E53127E.jpg (595x750, 101K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uG98-pmbZfE

Fpbp

I remember masturbating to Agent Aika when it aired on that channel

People from the Philippines tend to be online quite a lot. I'm not certain but they're probably up there as one of the most active in social media. Anime is just one of those things anyone there can easily access.

Because people who have to worry about being killed kidnapped and murdered don't care what people think about their anime watching habits.

Unironically the biggest most stuck up haters of anime and manga are in the US and in the Japan. They think it makes them look bad if they don't strongly oppose it.

If you look closely, the watermark looks like she's holding a wrapped condom in her mouth.

If you add low search volume regions you can see that most of the population with internet in Africa are weebs

>LOLOOOLLO WHO WATCHES ANIME?!??!??!???!??!? XD
Kill yourself Yea Forumsermin.

We need to talk

Talk about what? The resemblance is uncanny.

It is, but we still need to talk

youtube.com/watch?v=I1UQ1Xaljwo

Anime used to be popular in my country when everyone still watched TV. Now kids spend their time on facebook and youtube.

which country?

Vietnam

Why do you feel the need to call these places "shit holes"? Is it an attempt of humor? Are you trying to fit in?

this applies to all center and southamerica

So can we say anime has gotten less popular?

2D is halal

Attached: 1446709162406.jpg (500x658, 70K)

Because its an objective descriptor of how a low IQ genetically less intelligent people produce dysfunctional nations.

>genetically less intelligent
>genetically
That's a pretty bold claim. I hope you can back it up. Would you like to share any academic/scientific articles?

I'm not that guy but here brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

>Shithole countries watch only western horrors and good, older films, that's it.
I live in a 1st world country and have that exact taste in Western shit. Lots of people here have netflix or TV though so maybe it's just me.

IQ is very much dependent on the environment ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect ), so I don't see how you can reach the conclusion they're genetically less intelligent from that list.

Thai dubs for anime and foreign series in general are around that too. Premium dub groups use 7 or a bit more.

Lots of reasons, many of which have been said already.
>escapism
>lack of good local media
>lack of good media in your native language
>lack of legal options to watch good tv

Brazil is the SA country with Japanese ties, not the Spanish speaking ones.

1/16th of the frame is Gabu

Attached: Sophie_50.jpg (1920x1360, 652K)

Hey that's a pretty neat opening.

What would you do? Grow your own food just to have it stolen by a desperate mob? Work a week to earn the equivalent of what a monster in World of Warcraft drops? Go outside and risk being taken for an insurgent and shot?
Their situation is fucked. Even the other shitholes nearby have closed their doors. When fucking Peru denies you entrance you know you've hit rock bottom.

No one is stopping them.from developing. African countries started to develop a bit lately thanks to the Chinese. They can't do shit by themselves.

>that taste
No surprise they went under.

If you go to muslim heaven, you got 20 virgin anime girls and star in your own hentai romcom allah is 2d

Attached: Allah Head ch'Allah.jpg (800x507, 171K)

How do you expect them to develop when they can't sustain education to begin with? It's not possible anymore to develop without a huge investment first. These nations are not fucked because they are of "low IQ ethnicities", they are fucked because they've lost in history and there's nothing they can do by now without support. You can only grow with prior investment, and developed countries have had these investments from way further back in time. Are your only sources of information internet forums?

God Obama was such a retarded faggot.

Japan and western powers totally fucked China up. after war China was nothing but Chinese were smart enough to overcome all the obstacles and now they are almost a superpower.

>that feel when your native language puts a lot of effort into dubbing

>aweyeah.jpg

Hebrew dubs are the best

if by smart enough to mean kill your own civilizians for preogession no matter the cost then yeah
theyre not impressive at all, they just dont value their peoples lives is all

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

Hey at least third worlders watching anime is more productive than them killing each other all the time. To think anime might be what ultimately civilizes these savages, it's crazy but interesting. Japan has succeeded in matter of a few decades, and in a completely hands-off manner, where hundreds of years of British colonial rule has failed.

>lol just throw money at them
The money will just end up in the hands of dictators and warlords, or in the pockets of some middleman. In order to build any semblance of a society in Africa you need outsiders like the Chinese to literally hold their hands at every step. The whites obviously can't do that because muh colonialism.
>You can only grow with prior investment, and developed countries have had these investments from way further back in time.
After WW2 lots of countries were 3rd world shitholes but managed to build themselves up on their own. Finns for example had to pay war debt to USSR and they refused Marshall aid, and yet they still managed to turn from a starving shithole into a wealthy country. So why can't these African countries do the same?

This. It's not like african countries(?) were superpowers before europeans came. they were always inferior. East asia on the other hand were always on par with or superior to west.

When did I say you should throw money at them?
USA provided developmental aid in secrecy despite Finland's refusal of Marshall aid to preserve their independency.

This has more to do with the fact that abundance of natural resources is correlated with lack of need for development. Shouldn't american natives and asians have similar IQ if such thing is ethnically dependent?

Which shithole are you from?

Is anime not popular now in latin america?

This is a trick question. Don't answer it.

Remember to say the magic words "Fuck off, /pol". And yes they only get info from internet forums.

Another shitholer.

Fuck off /leftypol/

Why the fuck is everybody saying something else?

Lots of South American countries have commercial and historical ties to Japan.They send a lot of people there, and Japanese people go there to manage their industrial work over there.

The president of Peru is descended from Japanese people for this reason.

This isn't that mind blowing, Japan is a huge industrial force and a lot of those countries share the pacific with them.

He was president 18 years ago, but I get the point.

But this guy and and said it's not popular. Which one is it? fuck

This story behind this is as amazing as it is insane

Attached: ferdinand-marco Voltes V art.jpg (739x759, 118K)

It's still niche, but less so. Think of it like how video games are now. EVERY kid plays fortnite right? Some play a dozen or so games, to other kids that's "a gamer". Now, if you're the kind of person who actually has a huge game collection and follows studios and directors, well, then you're a weirdo again.

Same with anime: Everyone down there loves the big ones, and there's a lot more big ones down there too. If you watch a couple of things online that's cool too, that's the "otaku" thing to do. Get a figurine and you're a god damn weirdo again.

The best tv channel ever create by mankind
Arjuna
Cowboy bebop
Alexander
Saber marionette
Movies
Akira
Ghost in the shell
Even classics
Macross frontier
Danm tv was great back in the day

It's free and they have no money.

>and of course, emojis.
I always bring up that line whenever discussing Obama.

pretty much this

what

>not uncunny
missed opportunity desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chōdenji_Machine_Voltes_V#Influence_and_legacy_in_the_Philippines

interaksyon.com/breaking-news/2018/07/06/130118/role-voltes-v-martial-law-philippines-anime/

because…

Yep, that's it exactly

>I love a Bleach and attak the titan
fucking shit, that's hilarious

>My shithole is number 6
I refuse to believe this shit, how is that even posible

Salvadoran here. All the current youth were raised with Saint Seiya dubs, the Toonami block in CN and the other kids stuff in FoxKids/Jetix. Today they idolize DBZ, One Piece and Bleach, and stuff like One Punch Man and Shingeki no Kyojin are the big things lately.

Such shit taste is shameful. I'd love to talk about anime with other people but they never watch Seinen, only shonen trash. Can't talk about Made in Abyss, LotGH, no one knows them, even Eva is borderline satanic so everyone avoided it. The edgiest shit they've watched is Elfen Lied for the one on the more weirdo side. I am beyond that even.

Salvadoran here. Can confirm.

Everyone has internet amigo, just like Everyone has smartphones. Not everyone has a gas kitchen though, priorities gotten right over there.

Hmm... This topic again. Well, it's time to explain. I'm an indonesia (aka shithole) citizen. and I want to explain as clear as possible the reasons why we like anime so much.

Let's start way back in time. It was the year 1958, where Indonesia and Japan signed a treaty of peace, 13 years after the independence proclamation from Japan invasion. From then, Indonesia and Japan relations are getting better and better.
Suharto's regime helped a lot. When he was in charge, a lot of japanese products went in. Televisions, radios, and vehicles. And of course, animes included. this continues to this day.
Animes, nationally broadcasted, were enjoyed by a lot of people, specifically children. We grew up with anime. Older generations enjoyed Dragon Ball,Captain Tsubasa and maybe Doraemon, and newer generations grew up watching naruto, detective conan, one piece, and more.
Remember the part about relations with japan are getting better? It went so well, we started to sent our students to Japan. They came back with knowledge and a little bit of their culture and language. The results? Now, we start to learn japanese in HIGH SCHOOLS. public ones. There are also universities with japanese literature as one of their faculty.
Anime and Manga, while being two of several japanese products and services we enjoy, are mostly available in japanese. But that's not a problem. we have a lot of speakers and translators (either from japanese to indonesian or english to indonesian) able to do subs. Now animes and mangas subbing and translations are never in drought.

that, or we're just poor fucks.

All I remember is this guy and Sailor Moon
Maybe some gundam and pokemon/yugioh but that's about it

Attached: marsupilami_259543.jpg (1600x980, 295K)

Thinly veiled /int/ thread

Where are you from Brasil? That sounds like my kind of shit hole...

/thread

it's /pol/ too

Not enough obvious virginity and mention of jews to be /pol/

Japan exporting their culture over here, stations showing anime, mainstream anime like Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Doraemon being part of the culture here, and so on.