Generally speaking, why do you prefer anime over manga?

Generally speaking, why do you prefer anime over manga?

Attached: CjcQBE6_d.jpg (362x346, 13K)

But I don't, OP.

speak for yourself

>manga
I always get confused which way to read that shit, and even if I manage to get it right, it's still hard to draw the connections from one panel to the next.

Attached: 1541483943580.jpg (361x361, 17K)

I cannot get emotionally invested in manga, my brain just processes the information. Colours, voice acting and movement make me feel more connected and immersed in what's going on.
An important character could die in a manga and I just process it as information and move on.
In an anime adaption of the same manga, that character could die and I'd probably feel more of an impact because voiceacting goes a long way towards making characters believable and relate-able .

I don't like reading shit. I'm alright with subs, but manga is just too close to a book. I take up a manga only when I'm in mood for it really.

The only difference to western comic books is that you don't go from left to right, but from right to left, user. It's not that hard, unless the scanlator is one of those fucking morons who make the speech bubbles go from left to right anyway in spite of it making everything overly convoluted.

I don't

because how the fuck am I supposed to come up with so many different voices for the characters?
true patrician is watching clips of the anime so that you know how the characters sound, then read the manga with those voices

based

>akko reaction image
fitting

I like manga a lot but I tend to opt for anime since I can put that on in the background and do something while with manga I have to focus only on that.

True patrician and artist is when you can come up with the voices yourself.

I can't connect with anime because of how embarrassing everything is
just imagine people actually talking and moving like that

I don't.
Nu-anime is Reddit.

Imaginationlet

ADHD and retardlexia

Never admit you're doing this, user. NEVER.

Watch and learn, newfags.

>implying

you can just read 2 pages and focus on something else for a while, I did that all the time
one of the main reasons I started reading LNs is because I can just read a paragraph or two on my phone then pause to do something else that doesn't require me to sit in front of a computer

Because it has voice acting, music, various other sound, color, and animation. I don't particularly dislike manga or anything though. I have been trying to get more into it recently, and I have liked some manga that I've read. Not sure what to read to get me to appreciate manga more though.

Why don't they make "animated manga"? Just take a manga and have some voice actors voice it like a radio show, with special effect noises. This is the future of anime I reckon.

That's only possible if you understand Japanese or you watch dubs and I doubt you understand Japanese.

I believe Drama CD's may be the thing for you, user.

I enjoy voice acting and music.
I don't really like any kind of comics, be they western or eastern. If I'm in the mood to read I'll read a novel.

Because it has higher production values.

Sounds boring as shit.

No, check the QUALITY threads

>
don't make me open my webm folder

Anime lasts longer

That's not a good thing. I end up playing anime at 2x speed because it drags on so much and is full of filler

among normalfags, sure

Well you'd be wrong.

Sometimes you just doesn't want to commit to years long of franchise and just enjoy something short and be done with it

Autism mainly, but some manga is easy enough to follow

Attached: naga.jpg (715x715, 127K)

This. I use anime as a filter. I couldn't possibly read everything out there, so I watch anime to have fun with Yea Forums and get some nice 12 weeks of entertainment. Then I pick up the source only if I like it enough.

Reading is for normalfags.

Anime has voice acting and music. Manga doesn't.

I see the appeal of both and while I do partake in watching anime, I on the whole prefer reading manga. Both of them have different pros and cons; animation, OST, and full color is a major pro for anime, but oftentimes these can also hurt an anime as there are tons of anime with shit animation or voice acting or OST. Another with anime is that you are restricted to a seasonal 13 episodes unless it's a long running shonen or the like. In addition, the fansubbing scene is a ghost of what it once was and horriblesubs have taken over.

Manga on the other hand, while it may not have animation or an OST or the like, still has plenty of pros. Due to being still illustrations, artwork can flourish a lot more without being restricted to being frames in an animation. While the argument could be made that by reading scanlated manga you are not truly experiencing the mangaka's true narrative, more often than not it is closer than if you watch the anime, where things may be left out or rearranged to better fit the anime mold. In addition to this, a number of manga run for a long time, and one can follow a series for years before it reaches its end. A big con however is the fact that you are left at the mercy of scanlators and if a series is dropped then you are more than likely fucked. That being said, the scanlation scene is still a thing, if not filled with egotistical faggots who think they're some savior because they translate Chinese comics. Plus there are tons of manga to read at any one point in given time instead of being stuck with a seasonal list.

Both are good, I just prefer manga more.

Attached: Shino Consider The Following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>normalfags like reading
are you ok user?

You have that backwards.

I like music and voice acting. Sometimes I will read manga on one monitor with the anime playing on the other at the same time just so I can read along to the voices.

People think that being overwhelmed by sensory information is the same as good storytelling. It is not.

Spotted the normalfags

Most normalfags would much rather turn off their brain and watch something than actually spend the mental exertion to read and comprehend something.

t.the brainlet of brainlets

this

soundtrack

Anime originals > Manga > Anime adaptions > Manga adaptions

It depends entirely on what we're talking about.

Azumanga Daioh? Manga. The anime had some weird pacing with the 4-koma style jokes.

Death Note? Anime, for the most part. The music alone makes that show. I wish they had used the manga's ending though. It's way fucking better.

If only normal fags read, and you are not a normal fag, have you got text to speech reading this thread to you?

t.Blind fag

>12 episode weekly anime vs 100+-chapter monthly manga
>anime lasts longer
Huh?

I don't.

I don't