So Miyazaki and many other people say things like Japan isn't actually good at animation, they're just moeshit trash

So Miyazaki and many other people say things like Japan isn't actually good at animation, they're just moeshit trash

then for them, which country makes good animations? America? or is there any other country that is good at it

What is exactly 'Good Animation'?

Attached: hayao-miyazaki.jpg (976x549, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/210911391
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_film
youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E
youtu.be/e9dZQelULDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Miyazaki: Other animators have blinkers on, they just reflect what other anime already are doing instead of looking outside themselves and creating new ideas

Also Miyazaki: Hey, here's this book with totally different themes, plots, characters and ideas to my films. Let's turn it into an anime about how war is bad featuring cutesy characters and a flying bishounen.

>Hey, here's this book with totally different themes, plots, characters and ideas to my films. Let's turn it into an anime about how war is bad featuring cutesy characters and a flying bishounen.
Which one? That describes like half of his work.

>What is exactly 'Good Animation'?
Stylised limited animation like this.

vimeo.com/210911391

>they just reflect what other anime already are doing instead of looking outside themselves and creating new ideas
That's a good thing. If you have a good formula, stick with it.

Howl's Moving Castle. Self-aware YA fantasy novel about with a kind-of-asshole protagonist and a definitely-asshole romantic interest became Hayao Miyazaki Movie: The Movie.

What exactly is wrong with SoL/Moe shows? They're cute, funny and heartwarming. Why does he have such burning hatred for them?

>misconstruing miyazaki this hard
>many others
You know you could have made a thread that's worthwhile about what defines good animation if you weren't such a retard, op.

degenerate incel shows with loli pedo shit add nothing of value to society

But miyazaki's movies do?

99% of SoL shows aren't "pedo-pandering", the only shows that arguably does this (not really since it's played for laughs) is uzamaid and wataten

My loli waifu has far more value than anything society could ever produce

This guy is so far up his ass it's ridiculous. I admit his movies are good but it's annoying hearing him constantly moan about anime industry because it doesn't conform to his vision

>because it doesn't conform to his vision
>his vision
Anime doesn't cobform to ANY vision. There hasn't been a single art anime in decades now.

>Art anime
I hate all of you. Art doesn't have to be good. All books are art, all movies are art, all comics are art, all anime are art, all paintings are etc... Art doesn't mean good, art is just a classification. Like a chair is a furniture. Just because it is it doesn't mean that it's a good furniture. It's the exact same thing.

He hasn't watched Hyouka yet

He's wrong that there aren't any, but you're a smug little shit who just likes feeling superior rather than actually contribute anything meaningful, too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_film

>dude everything is art
don't (You) me you cretin. Go masturbate and smoke some weed instead of polluting public spaces with your philistinism.

> then for them, which country makes good animations? America? or is there any other country that is good at it

France

Through there's no one here who would pay for animation that does not appeal to toddler

>true art
youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E

>tfw you will never be tiwa's pet

Attached: 28636id_013_primary_w1600.jpg (1600x900, 1.7M)

Russian animation is surprisingly good. Unfortunately they're all mostly movies or short things and is almost exclusively family content

>They're cute, funny and heartwarming
they try to be but they're too soulless to actually achieve it

>What is exactly 'Good Animation'?

Animation that will make you pay for discs, merch and source material.
Japan's anime business model is A-okay.
Miyazaki has the international market, which is larger to begin with, so why is he even complaining?

>What is The King and the Mockingbird ?

Chris Landreth, Michel Ocelot and Ishu Patel are the best today.

Norman McLaren is the best ever.

You still don't realise.
But you are the problem in the industry

>he wants niche artistic hq art to be mainstream and marvel

Retarded mutt

La Planeté Sauvage

There is nothing wrong with Moe trash
The problem is otakus shamless wish fulfillment in every fucking manga LN isekai harem with beta faggots. There it's there you have it

His right anime is trash

Anime isn't art faggot anime is hentai to jack off look at japan

I hate artfags so fucking much.

Attached: 1449928719560.jpg (704x396, 17K)

What miyazaki wants is to have animators/LN writers to see from outside otaku culture for more insights and new stories to tell. He wants the medium to grow and not just become a self-referential mess that entertain only people who "gets it".

Like eva is super robot but it also has depression and christianity motifs, no matter how shallow it is. It brings something new to the medium.

Haruhi, no matter how trashy and moe it is, also bring some proper science fiction elements outside lmao VR games.

NHK talks about otaku and hikikomori, but gets real insight from reality.

Compare them to recent titles that only reference video games and other anime, which everyone already knows.

And that's why the isekai genre is now a thing.

Imagine being able to enjoy traditional, 3DGI, stop motion and cut out animation, surreal shorts, multilayered symbolism, moe slice of life and mere tech demos, animation from Japan, China, France and Russia fuck Americans. Wouldn't that be a great life to live? I pity the people who pick no more but ONE very specific field of animation and limit themselves to it. The lack of available content must be frustrating. Must be even worse if you believe for fluent animation to be the only criterion for "good" animation, unable to appreciate the genius required to make a coherent sequence from no more than a handful of frames.

>Compare them to recent titles
Flip Flappers weaven dozens of philosophical concepts into its visual presentation and narrative structure
Little Witch Academia is a commentary on the state of animation, drawing various parallels between old and new guard; show is virtually littered with direct references to Disney animators, traditional and modern animation and so on
Mirai no Mirai addresses the phenomenon of inhereted character traits, the value of family and the impact of nurture on the development of a human being

All of these utilize the visual medium better than Miyazaki has ever made. And I've limited myself to a single title per year. Please don't badmouth modern animation for being uninspired when all you do is consume it in a vacuum of ignorance. Sherlock Hound and Future Boy Conan are no better than SAO. Quite frankly, they carry even less social commentary, so they are downright worse.

Also
>Compare them to recent titles that only reference video games and other anime
Yea, that's what NGE is, genius. A frankenstein show that consists of hundreds of references. A show that directly takes dozens of scene from other works. It's the biggest referential circlejerk in anime history. Even moreso than referential comedy shows.

Attached: 1525317677124.jpg (842x628, 86K)

Maybe because he knows the international market, knows what they want and sees all these retards who just make shitty self insert series pandering specifically to the Japanese NEETs and just shakes his head.
Which he is right to do. You can't name a single harem series that doesn't instantly improve if you replace the stock self insert with a Western chad who fucks anything with a vagina

I dont think Miyazaki isnmad about flip plappers tho, he must be mad about derivative shitnlike hybrix heart, ormthings like that

They aren't pandering to NEETs.
They are pandering to people dropping ridiculous sums of money on plastic discs every fucking month.

Japanese anime fans put their purse - filled with money from hard work - where their mouth is. That's why the market is as big as it is today.
We are all parasites getting entertainment from their big gift to the world.

Man I forgot how good yuruyuri was I'm getting nostalgic

Kek

youtu.be/e9dZQelULDk
This is what true animation looks like
Cancer japan only produce manchild si fantasy underage faggots fuck japan