Will anything ever top this?

Will anything ever top this?

Attached: K(yon)ino.png (1359x765, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPm5E6RkchY
youtube.com/watch?v=wpHgZgFBfJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=CCuBj8ozC4U
youtube.com/watch?v=KL_UQHqeM9c&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=sstBzBY7GRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 15 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.47_[2016.07.11_21.0 (1280x720, 102K)

eh...

Whenever I see this screenshot I mistake it for this one

Attached: 1539851767662.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

It was a bit over the top for me.

I want to rewatch the movie but it feel meaningless without rewatching the TV anime but I remember only half of it was good, so I don't.

Silent Voice already did.

Not even close. It was completely dogshit. Your blatant waifubait can only go so far.

that's the best anime medium can offer? both are garbage for braindead monkeys, jesus.

no, this is the pinnacle of anime

So you didn't watch it. Good to know.

Attached: 1528271762524.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>implying haruhi isn't glorified waifubait

A lot of people who didn't get the show didn't like haruhi, based on the threads here.

Attached: 1524983855160.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Fpbp

No that's S1's climax.

This, overall the movie is pretty much Haruhi: for dummies, it makes everything less subtle and super obvious for people who didn't get the show. If you were surprised by Kyon accepting Haruhi's antics at that point you are probably a brainlet.

You can get the show and not like Haruhi. Just because you can empathise with her doesn't mean you have to like her.

Yes, this

Attached: 1332469674097.jpg (1065x597, 57K)

Most people who dislike Haruhi can't really empathize with her, they are more interested in playing moral tribunal.

Your not wrong and anyone with half a brain knew what was going to happen more or less but I felt like the movie was more focused on the journey, how Kyon felt about the whole thing. I also felt like the monologue was over the top and too on the nose but the whole thing worked as it was emotionally satisfying.

Well I can't speak for those people but I'm just saying you can understand a character and still have varied opinions on how you feel about that character.

Find me one scene from television and film that is better than either of those two scenes.

Even if you find one, you'll see that the only scenes of comparable quality are from the most highly rated films.l

It's good but I wouldn't put it above OP

Dunno, I'm of the opinion that the more you empathize with a character the more you appreciate it, rejection comes from not being able or predisposed to understand something.

I'm a Haruhifag but that is disgusting. Don't tarnish one of the greatest ever animated movie scenes with your sick fetishes.

Unironically agree.
This is one of the greatest anime episodes out there. Not much comes close.

Not much can compare.

There are so many shots in evangelion that make everything posted ITT look like a fucking joke that I won't bother posting any for the sake of not wasting minutes of my life pointing out the obvious.

Haruhi is a bad joke.

Not even close. Even though Koe no Katachi has brilliant directing and emotional scenes, it suffers from a completely superficial story. Disappearance creates a much greater impact based on everything that's been building up to that point which gives its defining scenes so much more meaning.

*ahem*
fuck Haruhi, fuck Re;Zero, but most of all
FUCK NEWFAGS

Attached: kimochiwarui.jpg (1908x1068, 297K)

Except for the movie in OP which is what we're comparing it to

nice polished turd there bro

Sadly i did and the movie too. The movie was a bit better tho but still not really worth it.

That scene of Re;zero wasn't that bad but the rest of the show was really dissapointing specially from that episode on, the first ones were not so bad, if they had ended the season right there it would have been much better.

It was great....but they did the thing where they use the horribly unfitting female seiyuu even after the character physically changes into something different which is just...some deeply embarassing bullshit thing that the japanese have to fucking grow out of.

Disappearance could never have impact of Koe no Katachi because its completely fictional and unrealistic story. Meanwhile Koe no Katachi is as real as it gets.

The movie sucked. Should have ended with the TV show.

Attached: 1537857683164.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

>FUCK NEWFAGS
>posts NGE

youtube.com/watch?v=HPm5E6RkchY

You can't tell me this isn't cute.

Are you underage, a girl or both?

>completely fictional and unrealistic story
That has nothing to do with how good a movie is. That's like saying all fantasy movies are inherently worse than non-fantasy

Maybe I should rephrase what I said then. I like Haruhi as a character. She's interesting but I don't like her a person I guess. Probably because I empathise a lot with Kyon and even though I don't really like Mikuru much in the show I feel bad for her. Honestly its a testament to the show that they can pretty much play me like a fiddle to make me feel this way for the characters.

>That's like saying all fantasy movies are inherently worse than non-fantasy
You might not like it, but this is how it works. No work of fiction ever can be as genuine and reaching as real tragedy or story of happiness or mans achievements.

Documentaries > fictional movies, movies based on real events > fiction. Because fiction will always remain just it - an illusion. While the reality is interweaved with much more than authors fantasy, so even simple work can has immense higher depth and significance.

Disappearance is about fictional conflict and struggle and naive self relection of young author without life experience. Silent Voice is reflection of existing grim reality, where events portrayed in it even fade to what actually happens in real world - but are in resonance with it.

4/10 for the effort

great scene, shit show

Complain to Cannes, Venice etc. for not recognizing the fairy tailes and young adult fiction or capeshit as worthy of awards as opposed to real works of art that relate to humans as whole.

>and young adult fiction
So Koe no Katachi? try harder faggot

I don't know, i think anime has only a few really well made 'climax' or epic moments, ReZero could be one yeah, uhmm mayb Relife or Plastic memories or some Clannad moments but those have other type of climax i guess, maybe Homu vs walpug too but idk.

Attached: 1555205831781.gif (245x118, 1.38M)

its fiction completely grounded in reality and reflecting what exists, similarly as every good movie is not "fiction" but an ode to reality

I am in a good mood today, so can even give you a favor and start to educate you. I suggest you start your journey into the world of actual culture with the below

youtube.com/watch?v=wpHgZgFBfJ0

>No work of fiction ever can be as genuine and reaching as real tragedy or story of happiness or mans achievements.
Have you ever written fiction before? When you write stories, your storytelling is inspired from your own life experiences projected on to a fictional setting. Documentaries are simply projects done by the less talented because they don't have the writing skills to write actual fiction.

Secondly, Koe no Katachi if you don't realize is also fiction. It is not a documentary on Yoshitoki Oima's own life so it's no less "fiction" than Disappearance is. You should think before you post things that contradict your own points.

This was surpassed by Madoka Rebellion.

>its fiction completely grounded in reality
Maybe for the first 10 minutes or so, after that it's just the typical retarded high-school melodrama that is barely believable. The main characters in Haruhi are better written and act more naturally despite the fantasy elements on it.

>Have you ever written fiction before?
In fact i do.

>Documentaries are simply projects done by the less talented
Absolutely wrong. It is very easy to write fiction. Its hard to make a documentary because its requires actual WORK (something most fiction authors are not accustomed to at all.) You have misconception about writing - any fiction writing is extremely easy task, meanwhile most self called "writers" can't actually write anything when given specific conditions/requirements, no in their field of expertise. You are correct in that most storytelling is inspired y personal experience - and its very very limited for most, unless writer writes about something he knows very well, lived extraordinary life.

Meanwhile, making a documentary is a work, mostly a collective effort - process of creationg is entirely different, with much harsher requirements and whats more important - requirement to understand what exactly you want to show and HOW to show it best.

Fiction, be it myths, fairy tales or just belletristic can be popular and influencial - but aside the entertainment value, best works of litterature are those who deal with Human, and human cannot be dissected separate from reality he lives in. The value of the most recognied "fictional" works, is that they display REALITY better than reality itself - dissect it and show openly human soul, society and civilization.

Do you seriously think filming your own life experiences takes more creativity and talent than creating fantasy that cannot be replicated in real life? If I wanted to learn more about the "real world" and "actual culture" then I would go outside and experience it myself. Why the fuck would I read about it?

Ha ha, good one, anonymous. In fact, this whole thread is comedy gold.

>Maybe for the first 10 minutes or so, after that it's just the typical retarded high-school melodrama that is barely believable.
You should educate yourself about Japan in particular, because Silent Voice story is completely mundane compared to actual stuff that happened in Japan. There are story that you`d think are fiction if you knew them. Silent Voice manga is not amazing to claim its some masterpiece - but there is no contest in comparing its movie with Disappearance, as Disappearance, just as Star Wars - would forever remain a shallow fiction with fake characters and conflict, while something like Oliver Twist for example always would be better tale than anything by Jules Verne or War of Worlds, because despite fictional events it relates to real world and issues much closer.

There’s validity to what you’re saying, yet I can’t take you seriously because you’re using this argument to praise Koe no Katachi.

It did though. Industry veterans agree.

>industry veterans
your friends over at reddit don't count

Attached: 1545863383075.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

I think KnK's problem isn't shit story as much as shit characters. They are all unlikable people except for lanky chick and tomboy sister.

>10 year long bully conflict with deaf people happens all the time bro!
You are retarded, Haruhi's fantasy coming-of-age tale is easier to relate for more people because the themes it touches are more a lot wider.

Attached: dysonsan_death.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>It's very easy to write fiction
It's hard to write GOOD fiction. This requires actual work. If you've written fiction before then post your work, faggot. Although I can't say I expect anything decent considering how much you don't believe in it.

Fiction is almost always in some shape or form, inspired from reality. The problem is that you don't think you can combine realistic characters into a fantasy setting. You can make the exact same impact a good documentary can make but also spin in into your own version based on your creative ideas and fantasies. This requires more work than creating documentaries.

You also claim that documentaries take more work but this is completely wrong. Making a fantasy movie requires the same work a documentary needs + drawing and designing fantasy that can't be created by just taking a picture or filming it. It's the same analogy to why drawing from imaginination is much harder and takes much more talent than just copying pictures.

>media is better the more relatable it is
So basically you like aelf-inserting.

another retard who doesn't know what that word means

Attached: tumblr_p7fekiPzyx1qkz08qo1_540.gif (540x292, 2.93M)

This was such a great moment, but 3.0 really fucked it up and sort of deflated everything the rebuild had going for itself.

Attached: wo09mw2lmi8y.png (2560x1080, 3.31M)

Attached: crumvh.gif (1024x576, 400K)

This is really sad.

Personally I was cringing at that moment, was very un-Shinji. They made him even more hard than the manga Shinji. It was getting really close to shounenshit til it flipped and 3.0 saved it somewhat.

Hard to empathize when it's not entirely clear where she's coming from. Wanting to pursue whims to overcome the mundane nature of daily life is understandable; going about it in a self-important and tyrannical way without a modicum of self-awareness makes you wonder what happened that turned her into such a cunt. Did her parents hit her not enough or too much? I'm inclined to say the former simply on the basis of lack of relevance. It also doesn't help that she's surrounded by enablers.

The characters are supposed to be unlikable though so it's not really a problem

The fuck, as someone that supposedly writes fiction you have no idea what you're talking about. You even sound like a filthy ESL, you don't even realize what fiction means.
Granted, your version of fiction is probably some garbage in Wattpad or something, so I don't expect much.

Unless you mean Fantasy this whole time, which is more laughable.

Patricians know that while the movie was great season 1 of Haruhi is the true pinnacle of anime.

I miss the days when Haruhi was the biggest thing in anime for a while, it was a great time to be an anime fan

>going about it in a self-important and tyrannical way without a modicum of self-awareness makes you wonder what happened that turned her into such a cunt.
That's the point though, she turned into an antisocial inept as an escape because she felt "imprisoned" in a deterministic reality. It's not much that she's consciously acting like a cunt and more like that just being a consequence of her ditching any value in society. When she realizes her failure/futility of escaping her humanity she changes for the better.

Perhaps that's the whole point. If the rebuilds are what we suspect, then Shinji would have to break from his typical self significantly if he's going to change the outcome of this iteration of the universe.

I don't see the thematic purpose of a timeloop added to the lore, it'd just be bs addition that doesn't really add any meaning to the story, which that is basically shown as the purpose in TV ending as we see the lore breaking down into meta. Rebuilds is a cashgrab, while still somewhat competant.

>its supposed to be unrelatable
jesus christ you fucking zoomers sure love your anti bullying propaganda

>Should have ended with the TV show.
Based.
>movie sucked
Unbased.

I mean, it's basically the same thing.

Newfags in full force today.

Attached: 1473509929150.jpg (351x329, 16K)

Does anyone still have the reaction screencaps for the movie? It sucks being years too late to witness the hype.

Too easy

Attached: [gg]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_-_12_[1A2F25C0].mkv_snapshot_23.20_[2011.04.22_14.56.14].jpg (1280x720, 112K)

No, it's the greatest scene in the medium

Open your mouth wider. I can offer my dick.

Wasn't there something similar in Fate?

>people actually comparing KnK to Disappearance
>people actually implying KnK is decent after the trainwreck it became really fast

GUILLOTINE

That's not Haruhi but Kyonko.

Attached: 1538629872987.jpg (2400x3900, 2M)

Attached: [EG]Gunbuster_OVA_06_BD(10bit_1080p)[0192B027].mkv_snapshot_26.45_[2017.11.06_22.54.02].jpg (1436x808, 74K)

Literally was in Japan at the time it premiered.
The trip would have already worth it just for that.

y i k e s

is better

It was a cool moment. But it meant nothing. There was no impact from most of re:zero because most of it got reset. It's own interesting feature was it's drawback too

yikes

No, this is still the most kino moment in anime movies for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=CCuBj8ozC4U

i still can't remember a single god damn thing that happened in this movie
maybe i should rewatch it

English dub was better

>this was the last time they spoke as friends

Will Yea Forums ever like anything the same way they liked Disappearance ever again?

You only say that because you watched that as a kid.

This. I think the show being shit made the scene even better since it was so unexpected.

Madoka (the TV series, not the retarded garbage movie) had great scenes, but that wasn't one of them.

I'm sorry but you could pick any random scene from the Third Impact and it would blow any competition out of the water

Rebellion was better than Madoka

Not really, it looks good though

I don't even remember that scene

Any anime movie is kino by default.
"Kino" is German for cinema.

Attached: Casshern Sins.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

This shot, the out of place symphogear G reference and the legendary 'Touma leaving the apartment scene' made the adaptation worth it.

WAKARANAI WAKARANAI SENSEN WAKARANAI
WAKARANAI SENSEN WAKARANAI
WAKARANAI

Attached: Gintama 047.mp4_snapshot_00.31_[2019.01.08_00.41.46].jpg (960x720, 46K)

>lensflare
>composition isn't particularly impressive
Why do you think it has to be topped? It's pretty mundane and boring save for coloring. You're not suggesting this is sone kind og masterful shot that needs to be anime's measuring stick, right?

the Asakura twirl after stabbing Kyon was better

It's not the shot, it's the entire scene and emotional climax it represents. Although I feel like the rooftop scene was a good contender too.

Attached: 1533207504069.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Same here.

Kyonko is such a fuckin babe, and was unironically my first waifu.

What a garbage series. Haruhi is how you spot tasteless south americans on Yea Forums btw.

"Out of place Symphogear G reference"

Excuse me?

Whoa it's like symbolic and an open ending ... or something...

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 26' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][84BEB803] (1920x1080, 267K)

If only we got a genderswapped season 3 when hirano slutted it up instead of absolutely nothing
>Haruhi is how you spot tasteless south americans on Yea Forums btw.
How to spot newfags more like.

Nah, they changed the tone of the scene from a miracle that merged two broken digimon into one into a generic power of friendship power up scene in the dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=KL_UQHqeM9c&t=

Having one or two unlikable characters is not a problem for sure, having entire cast consist of them is.

Not even Kyoani's best of that year.

Attached: 1550720831732.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

it already was topped tho

Attached: [Eupho-Fans] SOUND EUPHONIUM MOVIE2 [BDRip 1920x1080 AVC DTS-HDMA AAC].mkv_snapshot_01.35.44_[2018.0 (1920x1080, 214K)

There is no objectively correct answer, OP. Different folks prefer different genres even, and even if a majority of people could agree on, say, the most impactful "character-driven drama anime scene", what has the most impact within a given genre can significantly differ from what has the most impact in another genre.

Pic related.

>keishit
>better than disappearance
lolno

>nothing fucking happens plus yuribait the series
>better than disappearance
kyoanus fags out in force today

Attached: Patlabor the Movie 2 [1912x1032.h10p.flac.ac3][niizk].mkv_snapshot_01.46.07_[2019.02.22_18.24.47].jp (1912x1032, 463K)

Way too many scenes to decide from in the series and movie.

Attached: [Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-1080p_FLAC][45D40AAC].mkv_snapshot (1920x1080, 183K)

i really want that les paul to fall down and break

Who asked for nuanced opinions? Fuck off dude it's Yea Forums not reddit

K-on2 is genuinely good though. Not as good as Haruhi of course, but still.

Disappearance is phenomenal, but the second season of K-On is higher in my book. Still not the best though.

a... a... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Good thing he has return by death.

kill yourself

Attached: 1111403477402545.jpg (712x712, 80K)

>Subaru has unfitted Japanese seiyuu
The dub 1uped the raw/sub on that one.

Calling it keishit was overly harsh sure, it was at least better than most of what was airing at the time, just not my cup of tea.

MOOOOODS HE MADE A PUN GET THE BANHAMMER

What was his name again?

Attached: Schooldays.jpg (704x396, 37K)

Machete Monkey

youtube.com/watch?v=sstBzBY7GRc

Attached: 243463-fist-of-the-north-star-musou-tensei.jpg (900x237, 151K)

>cup of tea
That's fine. It isn't for everyone.

Attached: [JnF]_Chrno_Crusade_24_[DVDrip][1D0C8C7B].mp4_snapshot_15.47_[2019.04.08_17.53.50].jpg (640x480, 179K)

You are just gay who hates cute girls.

God damnit user.

Attached: Noriko crying.gif (500x376, 166K)

Very very few things even have the possibility of matching, let alone surpassing, the final episode of Gunbuster. That scene in particular still sends shivers down my spine for minutes during the yearly rewatch.

Attached: d38502056223b723ac371e3090b0ef91.gif (300x225, 1.48M)

One thing I completely enjoyed about the film, was how well it made you feel cold. The atmosphere in that film was amazing. I didn't really enjoy the series, but in contrast with the movie. It paints a very good contrast on how perspective is the key to happiness. About enjoying the journey. It is such a simple message, but its so hard for many people to accept. So this scene really was amazing, but for topping it? I don't think it needs to be a competition. There are many anime out there, that have equally impactful scenes in different aspect of human nature.

Attached: 1469926339655.png (1280x720, 813K)

Gunbuster is poor man's eva in terms of content. diebuster is better in terms of art and animation.

Ejem , Ejem.
Fate Vn Best Vn

Attached: SaberShirou.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>diebuster is better
"no"

Read full sentence before jumping to conclusions, retard.

I read the full sentence, retard, and it's wrong. I merely chose to respond to part of it as it didn't merit a more specific reply.
Diebuster's art and animation is more exaggerated and stylized, not "better".

Attached: 51029640_p0.jpg (531x2717, 943K)

>not understanding EoE in 2019

Attached: 1498765755292.jpg (515x1037, 93K)

Is not even the best ending of NGE

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (678x800, 80K)

Based KinoAni cannot be surpassed

It is better considering how shit and genetic gunbuster's art and animation is.

>Shit art
The Exelion and Eltreum are among my favorite anime spacecraft designs.