Are anime producers finally starting to realize the untapped potential of wish fulfillment pandering for 30+yo working...

Are anime producers finally starting to realize the untapped potential of wish fulfillment pandering for 30+yo working adults ?

I'm not normally one to self insert when watching anime, because I find it hard to relate to some zoomer brat still in highschool regardless of the situation, but as a working adult, the protagonists of these two shows hit too close home for me.

This is really what panders to me, not getting transported to a different world with game mechanics where I'm treated as a God and I get to build a harem, just simple caring companionship to get through the slow death that is wage slavery.

Anyone else feel the same?

Attached: filename.jpg (1009x1012, 166K)

>zoomer

I expect anime to keep moving in this direction unless the Japanese government tries to explicitly put a stop to it.

>finally
did you only just start watching anime?

With most working males now unmarried and dying before having kids (or having a string of baby mamas that took the kids with them thanks to courts) anime is going to go this direction as more and more adult men seek simplistic wish fulfillment as society continues the slow apocalypse.

What all that crap in the 2000's where the MC has some submissive bitch show up on his doorstep begging to be his servant weren't good enough for you?

if he's 30+ like he says then he's a crusty old shit that probably did or if he's a crossboarder using the term zoomer then he probably did. So in short, yes

I take it you are new to anime.

Name 10 shows from the last decade that feature working adults as MCs in a contemporary setting and are specifically pandering and not action thrillers or whatever.

>only started watching anime this decade
Never heard of Chobits, DearS, etc?

Seriously, watch more anime. This is embarrassing.

Attached: 1515811987916.png (586x634, 284K)

Why are they airing an anime made in the mid 2000s in 2019? This was made in the 00s right? It fucking feels like it

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Amazing Stranger - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_04.04_[2019.04.13_20.25.28].jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

>if he's 30+ like he says then he's a crusty old
teen thinks turning 30 is crusty

>from the last decade
wouldn't such a thing preceding the last decade contradict your beliefs about this being a recent phenomenon? these are incredibly common harem and romcom traits.

Either this or we get MILFS centric Anime and OL romcom harem.

Teenagers don't have the money an adult man in his 30s has acquired.

Abe could insert cute daughters to promote his agenda too.

>>Teenagers don't have the money an adult man in his 30s has acquired.
There are magical creatures called "parents" that are adults in their 30s that spend money on teenagers they call their "children", crazy I know.

What part of adults aren't having teenagers anymore did you miss?

The teenagers that used to buy LN are aging, you gotta pander to them as they age.

Instead of a teenager romcom you can start a romcom in the office or other workplace, picture the entire new market of Cakes that would open up, all mature and dressed in tight work clothes some with panty houses and high heels to boot.

You can't get this kind of appeal with teenagers unless you add a compensating dating gyaru into the harem bowl as she chases for the 30s man virgin attention.

This shit writes itself, most people pair galxshota but we all know teenage gals prey on lonely middle aged salaryman and we could make an Anime based on it.

Chobits MC is 19 years old. I never watched DearS but Google says the protagonist is a student.

I think you're missing the point, it's not just about the story, but the MC also being relatable to an older audience.

"Lonely guy suddenly gets wife-like companion" stories have been done before, but how many of those had MCs that were older than mid 20s?

>but the MC also being relatable to an older audience.
Do you think that someone has to be the same age as a character to relate to them?
Are you retarded?

The premise is "Why aren't more anime directly pandering to me, the 30+ loser?"

Two of the most popular isekai series (Slime and Overlord) have protagonists that are out of the 18-24 age bracket, so this motherfucker clearly just doesn't watch anime.

Where is the salary man who's soul has long since been crushed

Is not fair i want a lolimotherwaifu!!!

You know, I'm not sure if it was the original intention, but considering the use of JOI in Blade Runner as (I assume) a kind of pacifier for disaffected, under-socialized, lonely (and "non-human") men makes these reaction images uncomfortably apt.
There's a real argument to be made that anime like these serve to pander to men more or less cut from the same cloth as K, in a broad sense. It's a bad portent though, that's for sure.

I agree that more relatable, adult protagonists would be nice. But stories like this are unlikely to ever outnumber stories featuring teenagers considering they are the ones with enough time to watch anime.

The original age and situation of the protagonists are completely irrelevant in both of those. They could be high-schoolers and it wouldn’t change a thing.

Because the 80s and 90s nostalgia is fading away, and the 00s nostalgia wave is coming in. And good riddance too, since there are far more good franchises in the 00s to be nostalgic about.

They realised the potential decades ago when they started setting every second show in high school.