So was it a masterpiece?

So was it a masterpiece?

Attached: [Chyuu-PAS] Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight - 12 [WEB 1080p EAC3] [E4A96961].mkv_snapshot_18.11_[201 (1920x1080, 3.39M)

i bet it was

I don't think so but it was one of the only shows worth a damn in 2018

It was fun.

Attached: karen yes.png (224x224, 16K)

swole start, flaccid middle, whimpering ending

I don't know, but it was the best show of last year at least.

yeah it's fucking great

Attached: 1532017960572.webm (710x400, 2.94M)

>pubic server
fuck off

ameagari, colors, cardcaptor sakura, hinamatsuri, tiramisu, LoGH remake, cutie honey universe, asobi asobase, chio-chan, jashin-chan and swole as fuck hugtto precure are standing in your way right now flexing on you

This was a great take on the henshin sequence concept, a shame we didn't get any more than this.

yeah that sequence is okay. shame not really much of anything else was any good.

Are you describing my dick?

Some of those were good but none even come close as far as direction goes or competence in terms of handling their themes and visual storytelling (because some of them don't even aim for anything beyond simple entertainment). Some of those don't even take advantage of the medium, really.

Calling something a masterpiece is a meme but I Starlight was great. This and Harukana receive were the only great 2018 anime I can think of except maybe Yuru Camp.

Attached: Starlight_karen_yes.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

No. It was just /u/ invading Yea Forums and keeping threads afloat.

>entertainment is supposed to be something other than entertainment
brainlet semantics. if you find phil 101 analogies and existential anguish entertaining in your media that's what you look for in entertainment.

the fact is, revue had a few pretty scenes, zero compelling characters and was boring as watching lime build up on a concrete floor.

It was definitely one of the best anime of 2018

Attached: 1534339794353.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

There was nothing existential about this show, I suppose that reveals your level of comprehension, even though this wasn't something extremely "deep" or anything. There's also nothing wrong with entertainment for entertainment's sake, but when a work simply aims at that level it can and will be surpassed by others which can provide entertainment while also containing other elements of substance.
>the fact is, revue had a few pretty scenes, zero compelling characters and was boring as watching lime build up on a concrete floor.
Let me put this in a meme expression one such as yourself will easily understand
>brainlet semantics

if you find a series with """""substance"""" entertaining then that's your idea of entertainment. brainlet semantics, as I said. I didn't say there was anything existential about the series, brainlet reading comprehension too. it's common for people like you who don't understand the basics of linguistic philosophy to be entertained by things such as existentialism, emotional angst, edginess, metaphor, etc. and not think of it as entertainment for some reason.

what semantical negligence are you perceiving in my statement? are you just regurgitating something I said that stung you? I even explained the semantical error you are making, twice now. it only works if it makes sense...feel free to explain my "brainlet semantics", would be a good opportunity to prove you aren't a brainlet.

have you even watched half those series I mentioned?

What's interesting is behind the scenes is that Kinema Citrus REALLY stretched themselves thin in this but thankfully none of the episodes came across as QUALITY

I think they were also working on Shield Hero at the same time

the storyboarding, script, and directing definitely came across as QUALITY because that shit was boring and clunky as hell. zero payoff

It was forgotten

Sounds like you're jaded as fuck, the banana-related episodes were breaking 1000+ posts from hype and speculation
>zero payoff
there was definite payoff, whether you like it or not is on you I suppose

>the banana-related episodes
speaking of zero payoff
>muh subjectivity
I forgot, sharing opinions is pointless.

damned straight I'm jaded after a strong start to a bad series. rightfully so.

Nah, you're just being petty because the series didn't go in the direction you wanted and you call it zero payoff.

the lack of cult following speaks for it's lack of self.

Started really promising but no

Almost all of those are shit

You should watch Ikuhara's anime. Ikuhara's henshin sequences are superior and Revue was mostly likely aping him anyway.

Maybe if the finale had been good, episodes 1-8 were pretty great but it failed to reach that same level with the later duels, leaving it as a bit of a dissappointment

Attached: deadpan.png (1280x720, 900K)

Give. Kuro. a. fucking. revue.

>the lack of cult following
Revue is still more loved, commented and gets more fanarts/fics than 90% of non-seasonal anime.

Junnanana was the comfiest ship.

Karen vs Maya scene in ep 4 was scene that made me not drop this

Yes

Maybe not a masterpiece but definitely AOTY

I want a piece of Saijou Claudine's master!

It definitely had potential. The first episode was really good but the characters and battles didn´t really improve after that. Only when the Banana/Hikari shenanigans it starts picking up steam again although i still felt unsatisfied after watching the ending. I also hated how paired up the characters felt.

it had flashes of masterpiece status

solid 7/10

Attached: 1535116798959.gif (600x338, 3.48M)

Banana ruined the show.

>Banana made the show.
FTFY

Attached: [Chyuu-PAS] Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight - 07 [WEB 1080p EAC3] [E2E9022C].mkv_snapshot_15.48_[201 (1920x1080, 137K)

Yes.

This.
Her struggle to keep the show as it was
felt more important to the story than the battles against "the top duet" that was later or even helping Hikari out at the finale.

It was pretty empty. The ed was good though

Not quite. It had great animation at times, god tier story boarding, interesting story elements but fell short. Probably had too much focus lesbo melodrama. I dunno if its just me but I literally cant remember what exactly happened in the last episode for the show to conclude.

theater is gay

My lover Nana is so cute!

Attached: Starlight_banana_improvement.png (1280x1700, 521K)

It was great, but it was no masterpiece, production problems didn't help and we needed more time to flesh out some characters.