Skeleton soldier couldn't protect the dungeon

What are your thoughts on Skeleton Soldier couldn't protect the dungeon? The art isn't great, but the concept; like a reverse Goblin slayer, was something I have not seen before.

Attached: Skeleton soldier.png (525x785, 726K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/186955425/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/187037399/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/186872205/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All this dark fantasy meta/isekai turn so fast into bland harem shit. Even Berserk has turned into one at this point.

Attached: 1434876426666.png (678x500, 331K)

its not really that uncommon. theres a few skeleton isekai, and enough dungeon and monster ones that the concept isnt that new. the time reset on death isn't used that often, and i dont think theres another one from the "bad guy" side i dont thin

Attached: spooked scared skeleton.jpg (719x929, 360K)

The art is ok. Not great desu but there are some close ups of Skeleton Soldier that you can tell had quite a bit of time and energy put into them.

theres no harem in this yet. mostly misery

It's different. And Korean I guess. Not terrible though.

"Reverse Goblin Slayer"

What? It's nothing like that. Its skeleton bro trying to get stronger through a time loop so that he gets a second chance to save his succubus mommy.

>protagonist is a weak monster
I give it 10 chapters until he becomes literally God.

You're correct, I liked it.

59 chapters in and still getting destroyed. he just gained a bunch of skills, but cant really use them and he'll probably get killed by the knight without even making him bleed

Nah, he still gets dunked on by the actual strong shit, but yeah he does become much stronger than other skeletons very quickly (Basically gains the power of video games in a more traditional fantasy world. So stat screens, skills, and infinite respawns. A necromancer he described this to thought he was insane.)

I like how the girls are steadily getting more and more attractive.

More like Re:Zero if Subaru was a spooky skeleton in a grindy Korean MMO and if Emilia was a succubus

It's really, really bad, but I'm too lazy to explain why. You'll just have to trust me when I say it exemplifies literally every foible of amateurish writing.

>Strong guy killing weak monsters because he couldn't save those he loves
>Weak guy killing strong monsters so he can same those he loves

> but I'm too lazy to explain why
Why'd you bother posting then faggot?

Attached: 20181128_194436.jpg (369x910, 283K)

>skeleton soldier couldn't protect any of the waifus
The writer just keeps jumping around between irrelevant semi-arcs that don't lead to anything except some strange new power-up. I still have no fucking idea how he went from strolling around after he left the rogue girl and then somehow ended up naked in a cave in the middle of nowhere with the next easily disposed girl of the week.

>Weak guy killing strong monsters so he can same those he loves

Isn't that pretty much just most fantasy stories? Like the classic knight slaying dragons to save the princess and shit?

>"Its really, really bad..."
>"...it exemplifies LITERALLY EVERY foible of amateurish writing"
Why?
>"Dude, trust me"

Same, that was te most confusing thing in the whole series. I swore it was going to be some sort of hallucination caused by the necromancer and just all in his head or something but apparently he got actually teleported somehow without any real explanation.

I like it. Was ready for trash but it constantly surprises me with how things turn out.

Its fun and it feels experimental, but I can't help but think it won't really go anywhere. Anyway, I'm here for the ride, not the destination.

Just got to the part where hee made the deal with the chick from the thieves guild for her to lure her assassination targets into a cave for him to kill for experience. This doesn't turn in to an MMO type grind series does it?

I liked his blonde waifu

It's shit but I enjoy it

>stat screens
Damn it, I was kind of interested in it.

Does he ever actually get this armor? It looks pretty fucking badass compared to the gay purple plate armor he's got in the chapter I'm on

Attached: 28778.png (868x1078, 1006K)

its fun with meta humour and cute characters, thats it

Fine, you fucking niggers. I had more important thing to do than correct you incorrigible retards content to gulp down this Korean pablum on your poor choices in media, but fuck it.

Overall it's already trash because it uses fucking video game logic, and even that makes zero sense and is completely fucking arbitrary, but let's just ignore that. Every single character that is introduced that is not a main character is such a laughable caricature of an absolute dickhead and exist only for the MC to beat up for the sake of their self-righteousness. And this happens every. Fucking. Time. Every character beyond that is pretty much the same flavor of smug, self-assured dickhead that seems to leak from every shitty fanfiction writer like shit from a sewer.

The entire plot is nonsensical and shuffles between self-contained arcs that introduce nothing and seem to be completely abandoned before moving on to the next bland, uninspired endeavor and the whole time you're basically hoping the MC will eventually meander himself towards doing something actually interesting. Basically it feels like the author doesn't know what the fuck he is doing and has zero idea how to structure a story. There is no rising action whatsoever and half the things that seem to be important to the plot just get abandoned altogether, like his companions.

Beyond that, his world-building is utter shite and reeks of a nerd whose entire creative well has been poisoned with video games. Shit like randomly getting attacked by some random creatures the author probably thought would be a really cool enemy in a video game and was really proud of, but stick out because there was no foreshadowing. Basically, instead of first creating a fantasy world where it seems natural for such a creature to exist, you just throw in a random enemy on your generic medieval fantasy setting that. The entire world feels small as fuck because everything is through the eyes of one bland MC.

Attached: 1524067780300.png (600x600, 45K)

I could think up way more shit than shit, but it's been a while since I've read it, and fucking going back to reread it just to give you retards a more accurate criticism of why your taste is shit is not something I want to do right now.

Woooooooaoooah boy I hope this is pasta.

Attached: 1333769562197.jpg (944x719, 56K)

i hope this is a pasta and you dont unironically think this, its like when people watch capeshit or mha and expect something more than a fun time

What would he even do with a harem? Have the girls rub his coccyx?

Attached: MORE SPOOKS.gif (194x224, 41K)

If you want to turn off your brain and have a "fun" time you read some shit like Firepunch, not the purile self-insert wank of some Gook.
And for your information, everything you listed fucking sucks, so I sincerely hope you don't enjoy that either.

He is wearing it as of the last few chapters

but iv already read firepunch, you dont have to like it, taste is subjective but you cant write about it like its trying to be something more than a fun read

You can't get away from video game logic in fantasy comics these days. The audience of this shit loves it and it gets shoehorned in even when the author doesn't

But it's not fun, you fucking cretin. Read literally anything else. Hell, I'd rate staring at a wall slightly above this shit because at least then you can think up your own story that is probably better. Literally the only reason I even read this hot garbage was because the main character was a skeleton. It felt like it had potential in perhaps the first chapter or two, but that was just because it was purely a premise then and the author had yet to display their incompetence. Every chapter after that was a slog and I only kept reading to see how retarded it would get so I could feel smug.

I finally dropped it after that random ass tournament arc so if you claim it suddenly got better after that I don't fucking care.

Attached: 1285385666280.jpg (396x360, 26K)

ok

Please tell me that button kills you too.

>Stop enjoying things, the post.

Yes, but it is a noble sacrifice.

Not anime or manga you rucking disgusting cockroach. Your shitty gook threads are always got deleted anyways, why the fuck are you still keep trying to infecting Yea Forums with your crappy amateur bootleg manga?

Is a lot of fun but what's the point of introducing all those fine waifus if they get dropped by the wayside every few chapters?

Whoah i never seen this thread before, goddamn parasite

It really pisses me off seeing fantasy being so unceremoniously buttfucked like this. The concepts themselves could work if done right, but that's the problem; everyone who writes this shit is an untalented teen/tween raised on video games and are more concerned with writing their own self-insert fantasies than writing anything good. Chances are their attention spans are too low to even read books thicker than their own limp dicks.

Is it safe to assume she wanted Sir Skeleton to bone her?

Attached: Sir Bone's wild cock.png (684x912, 584K)

I've turned to getting my fantasy fix from novels, especially older ones. And not light novels, I'm talking classic english language stuff.

Manga and LN fantasy suffers from the same problem as American capeshit--the people who write it only read secondary and tertiary derivative works in their same genre and thus have no new influences or insights to bring to the table. What's worse, a lot of them are early-20s guys writing stuff as webnovels which then gets snapped up and published with the bare minimum of editing and change. Most authors, outside of poets, produce nothing of value until their early 30s.

My thought is this gookshit isn't Yea Forums related

What the hell with this guy, he spamming weebton every hour after hours, are you trying to start a raid or something?

Tell Hiromoot to make a /gook/ board then.

>Tell Hiromoot to make a /gook/ board then
But you are already has 2 /gook/ board
and

>IP count doesn't increase across all these posts

Can you make it a little less obvious?

Anyone who enjoys fantasy will eventually need to turn to older novels. It's just a fact. Very little of worth in terms of fantasy comes out these days. Someone memed me into reading a Sanderson novel, but it was anime in a cosmic sort of way, but terrible in a definite one.

The only semi-recent fantasy author I've been able to enjoy has been Tad Williams' Shadowmarch and Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series. The first three books of Wheel of Time were good, but it was too much of a slog to get any further in that behemoth of a series. I recently read The Broken Sword by Poul Anderson, and that was a really good short Nordic fantasy/fairytale from 1957.

Good one. Those aren't for discussing manwha though fucktard.

And for some reason it suddenly make this trash Yea Forums related somehow?

>The first three books of Wheel of Time were good, but it was too much of a slog to get any further in that behemoth of a series.

Yeah, that's the main complaint most people have about the series. It's about 3 books too long and gets too side tracked by stupid shit in the middle. The last couple of books were pretty cool though and Mat was best character by the end even though his design looks like a weeb edgelord.

>Those aren't for discussing manwha though fucktard
They are good enough for discussing bootleg manga gook crap, or you can always suck dicks to reddit

Thread's been up for two hours now and I'm sure you've been mashing the report button like your life depended on it so apparently.

Why? Just check the archive and you will see your bootleg manga gookshit always got deleted by mods.

>Yea Forums anime & manga
So what is your relation with anime & manga?

Is this isekai?
I mean, probably, but so far there's no real hint of it being anything other than RPG

You keep calling it bootleg manga. You trying to start a new buzzword or meme or something?

She absolutely does.

? Because its bootleg manga? What do you mean?
>ripoff manga artstyle
>ripoff manga plots
>ripoff manga cliches, stereotypes
>ripoff manga characters

Should i call it the original manga or some shit and Japan is the one who ripping off glorious mandongwha weebton something?

>I'm drawing manga anime art i'm mangaka now
Cringe

Except you could literally apply those to tons and tons of Japanese manga like pic related though. Would you call pic related bootleg manga?

Attached: 23407.png (600x847, 809K)

I think webtoons are not Yea Forums material.

It from Japan it make by japan, how is it bootleg? Do you mean you see gook as human or something?

>Samefagging this hard
>Still hasn't figured out how to reset his IP to make it less obvious

>one is made by jap in japan
>the other is manga wannabe made by some weeaboo
What the hell is wrong with you my man?

Why should i? Is it make your gook shit become Yea Forums related?

>sucks too much dicks
>GIYRYUYTRDGKLNBVXXSANJOITH

>ripoff manga plots
check
>ripoff manga cliches, stereotypes
check
>ripoff manga characters
check
The only thing it doesn't rip off from Ii Orc no Hi was the art style but in terms of that it just went with your average generic manga/anime style

Attached: Totally not plagiarism.png (1294x1004, 850K)

>caring about samefagging this hard
>meanwhile you're samefagging yourself too

How is this make your gook shit isn't bootleg manga?

Both manga is from Japan so nothing wrong with it, its inspiration. But gookshit? know your place you filthy thieving cockroach piece of shit.

Read my previous post if you're going to try to argue with me you dumb fuck. Also your samefagging is blatantly obvious by how shitty your English is you dumb fuck. That series basically checks off every qualification you listed as "bootleg manga" and it's from Japan.

>b-b-b-but muh weeaboo bugmen and muh weeaboo plastic surgery men
>us weeaboo united
Stop breathing

Its from Japan it isn't bootleg, what are you thinking? Are you gone mad or something? Gookshit make you feel like fucking high something?

>from Japan
>bootleg
huh?

> series literally copies the plot, every single joke, and all of the characters from Ii Orc no Hi
> It's inspiration!
So if I wrote a blatant copy of the Lord of the Rings series and changed the names of the characters as well as the wording for some of the plot that'd just be inspiration?

As long as you are not gook or chink and your shitty fanfic is qualifying as Yea Forums related

It looks like not even the author knows what to do with the plot, it's lost

>one is drawn and written by a jap in japan taking inspiration from other manga of hia fellow mangaka
>the other one is a badly drawn weebcomic manga wannabe by a weeaboo in gookland trying to be Eichhyrodo Odahuyang

At this point I'm seriously wondering if you're actually an ESL faggpt or if you have significant brain damage or dyslexia. Also there's no point in arguing if it's "bootlegged" or not because that's not even the proper term fuckwit. The term you'd use is plagiarism, in which case yeah, the series I mentioned is fucking plagiarism. Feel free to name the series that Skeleton Soldier plagiarizes.

>taking inspiration from other manga of hia fellow mangaka
Ripping off other people's work and stealing jokes is not "inspiration" dumb ass.

Attached: carlos_mencia_2.png (586x582, 506K)

yup

Attached: willow-movie-poster-1988-1020468942[1].jpg (580x823, 64K)

It's the latter. He flips out and spams like this whenever anyone makes a thread for a korean series regardless of whether it's a manwha or webcomic.

Necromancer is the best gril.

We are talking about manga here, your bootleg gookcrap has no place in this board

Mommy necromancer or teen necromancer?

Mommy of course.

Not that user, but teen for me

Might as well have just called it "Skeleton soldier couldn't protect the waifus".

Not even close. I'm talking about shit like renaming it to Nobles of the Finger Jewelry, changing Frodo's name to Jobo, and the name of the ring to "The magical super ring". That's basically what Hentai Elf to Majime Orc did to Ii Orc no Hi. Even the name when translated to English is basically a rip off.

Read veritas instead that garbage

Attached: Veritas.png (900x563, 212K)

Are you seriously already out of arguments at this point?

Is this your?
desuarchive.org/a/thread/186955425/

Wait this is korean, I'm surprised this thread isn't shitposted to oblivio-
Oh there it is

Probably not since that guy was just clearly trying to stir up shit with the mods while pretending to want to discuss the series while OP here actually wants to discuss the series.

This is your then?
desuarchive.org/a/thread/187037399/

But mommy is in the teen's body.

No but I can see plenty of your posts in there. Seriously dude, if you're going to samefag and spam threads you should learn some proper English. It makes it a lot less obvious.

>desuarchive.org/a/thread/186872205/
>b-b-b-ut mods

Fuck off parasite

A shame his series isn't Yea Forums related lol

After you my third world dude.

>Its another episode of gookoo shitposting in his own thread to keep his shitty off topic thread alive

If she hadn't died so quickly I'd have said Spider Mommy was best.

Attached: spider mom.png (716x602, 489K)

Seriously?

All the dead grils were great grils.

Wait necro mommy is not the one that died recently?

Unless these are hot off the shelf gook spoilers, I think user is bonkers.

You mean the thing that managed to set itself on fire by the last arc and whose writer and artist don't communicate with each other anymore?

>typical gookshit shit flinging thread
heh, i wonder why are you faggots so bend on infecting Yea Forums with whatever of your fanfic amateur comic though. This board is for anime & manga not anime & my fiction comic

The only one who seems to have a problem with it at this point is you dude.

This isn't your hugbox club
>114 posts
>33 poster
Nice shitposting thread

>manhwa

I fucking hate this gook style of webcomic.

I liked the premise but it's going nowhere fast.

Yeah, and a lot of those posts are just you samefagging and spamming in the thread which you're fucking terrible at hiding since your shitty English gives you away pretty easily.

I stand by you smug-despondent user, I wasted like an hour of my life trying to read that isekai where a female reincarnates as the disgraced villainess of a story and becomes rich by starting a chocolate selling emporium, it was the absolute worst shit I've laid my eyes upon. Even celebrated shit like re;zero, which I tried to continue via LN after the anime, was an absolutely embarrassing read, It was fan-fiction tier

The framing of panels and action looks pretty bad, I think the artist is tracing poser 3D models. That would explain how extremely well-drawn Skelebro is in comparison to the other characters.

stills pretty good tho

The fact that he keeps dying so often is getting annoying.

Do they do that often? There was another manwha I read called Abduction School that had some really stiff action sequences. Kind of makes me wonder if that's what the artist for that series was doing.

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-220921.jpg (1440x2003, 1.12M)

God I love dead waifus.

>Would you call pic related bootleg manga?
yes and an obvious one

> every single girl he comes across gets murdered brutally
> at some point they all end up being resurrected as skeletons
> ends with him living happily ever after with a huge harem of skeletons

Attached: 20190404_091512.png (264x431, 309K)

Well this went to shit faster than expected
Post your favorite Skeleton

Attached: 1490389699562.jpg (509x777, 48K)

Let me guess, next you'll say something to the effect of "fun is just a buzzword"?

Attached: Top Joestar.png (480x268, 302K)

I am getting bored. Nothing is really a threat because he will just respawn. There is also little point in getting connected to a character, particularly if it is a woman companion, because they are going to die.

> art isnt great
Dude! Thats the only reason i even read this trash story. The art is fantastic.

This seems kinda spooky

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

This post has been brought to you by skeleton gang

The best part is that that series managed to completely fuck up every plot point and joke it stole from Jin's series like pic related. In Jin's series that exchange takes two pages and sticks to the point. In Hentai Elf it's the same joke but it drags on for several pages with nothing but the elf talking about how she wants the orc to fuck her brains and all the shit she wants to do to him with the orc just going on about how he's not interested in rape how what she's saying is disgusting and blah blah blah. It's basically what you'd get if Tim Buckley tried to do an ecchi manga, expect the elf doesn't miscarry the orc's child (Or maybe she does. I couldn't be bothered to read the whole fucking thing because it wasn't funny and just dragged on and on).

Attached: x3.jpg (600x800, 145K)

Forget protecting the dungeon, he can't protect jack shit

I'm surprised he managed to stay undead for 20 years in his first unlife when there's so many things that can kill him even with NG+ stats from the beginning of the story.

Probably because he never went out the dungeon he was raised on.

He dicked around and laid low instead of trying to be mister brave swordsman monster slayer.

>Chinese Webcomic

Attached: 1487102881345.png (354x378, 140K)

this is unironically a good post

you did good, user

Attached: 04.png (844x1200, 314K)

>>>CHINKSHIT

I don't get it

>it's another "SEAmonkeys getting butthurt at their chink overlords" episode

Attached: 1509596433755.png (2518x1024, 469K)

Attached: spoiler image.jpg (2048x2687, 670K)

My guess is he probably didn't get much combat experience when he was with the succubus. Maybe she just kept him around as a companion.

Attached: 1531951695132.png (676x559, 428K)

It's Korean tho?

Still not anime or manga.

> Made a joke earlier in the thread about this girl wanting to fuck Sir Skelington
> On ch 22 now
> She's blushing and getting flustered around him and asking about staying with her if she becomes a branch manager of the thieves guild
> she legitimately wants to ride the Skeleton Soldier's wild ride

Attached: 20190226_214345.png (521x421, 80K)

It's your average korean soulless isekai. Nothing to write home about.

Ainz best gentleman spook

fuck off back to the ricefields chinkshit. Not Yea Forums related

> chinkshit
At least get your slurs right

same shit faggot. All of them look the same anyways

>The art isn't great
Literally the only non jap webcomic I can think of off the top of my head with good art is Solo Leveling.

Returner's Magic looks pretty good

>rising action
>foreshadowing

dropped

Boy was I happy when Arthas killed that bitch necromancer

It was good at start, but went to shit too fast.

Attached: RSNOzEdwZSk.jpg (731x941, 263K)

>That futuristic weapon on a fantasy setting
THis is a joke, right?

fucking based

Attached: PkCwnPS.jpg (540x540, 25K)

Peerless dad gets pretty good

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Attached: skeleton puppy wearing a coat.jpg (1117x1053, 204K)

Don't know about the second part since we only saw the succ in one chapter and then just mentioned. But I'd also add "if Subaru wasn't a whinny little shit".

I guess do, I read like the first 4 or 5 chapers of that series when it was coming out (like when he lost the second girl and was in a cave grinding experience, and have his first armour), but haven't check it since then, Do really the writer jump the shark and give the Skelly Soldier a gun?

Attached: NewGame+.png (600x1811, 400K)

It's a steampunk flamethrower, you meathead, not those ayytech pewpews. And yes it's still too relatively advanced for the setting.

I imagine the author will have the skelly dog strapped with dual machine guns or some shit like that.

Nah, he dropped it right after ark ended.
Next ark is pure shit tho, ark after shit ark looks like even more shit.

Not a gun, a flamethrower. A steampunk version of it like said. But it still felt out of place and at the same time made me wonder if the author played too much of that one old RPG games that broke all fantasy rules and have even lightsabers as weapons in it at one point. Can't remember the game's name for the life of me atm.

>steampunk
a steampunk flamethrower is still a futuristic weapon meathead, way to miss the point

Attached: WkoICaQ.jpg (399x457, 64K)

Started great, i just hate all the monologue and flashbacks when he dies as those usually takes the whole chapter. Somehow dropped it when literally who appeared on his death flashback.

I read it for awhile. Was alright for awhile, but then he died again because he went to some monster meeting he wasn't supposed to and basically everything that was built up in that "arc" was lost. Made me question what the point was if the characters introduced are just going to be practically erased because his revival took him back to before he met any of them. Tried to read the chapters with the new necromancer companion, but got bored and stopped.

Just remembered. Pic related was the game I thought of.

Game had non standard fantasy weapons like grenade launchers, lightning guns and flamethrowers (to name a few) and broke a lot of fantasy rules.

Think the author played it too much.

Attached: dungeon_siege.jpg (616x353, 43K)

To be fair, that stuff was easter egg stuff, norrick etc

> flamethrower
> futuristic
Also I'd say it's at least somewhat acceptable given the fact that it's basically an experimental and highly unstable prototype rather than some common weapon in the world. Hell it's so fucking unstable it literally melts skeleton soldier the first time he uses it.

You'd probably hate the Ultima series then.

Nah, I played it and loved it. Just saying that the author might be getting inspired too much by these stuff.

I kind of got a kick out of when he died in the spider temple, mainly because it almost seemed like the series became kind of self aware for a moment with Skeleton Soldier just kind of regarding almost everything up to the temple as "blah blah blah let's get the unimportant shit out of the way by the way fuck you blacksmith I know what you're planning" and just straight up knocking the thief girl out right before entering the temple so he wouldn't have to worry about saving her.

Skelly dog dies the chapter after it's introduced. It gets absolutely fucking wrecked by a dude who overpowers the skeleton with absolute ease.
Skeleton dog is best skeleton.

> every cute person or thing Skeleton meets fucking dies
This shit's almost as depressing as Suicide Boy. I'm starting to think Koreans love endless suffering

Not too sure what to make of it since he doesn't try to fix his mistakes, he just goes off in a completely different direction each time or some shit.
Story seems too meandering.

I'm on ch 22. So far it seems like he starts picking up on shit at a decent pace during the spider temple arc. Honestly the closest I've seen him come to meandering about was at the beginning when he's trying to save the necromancer girl from mercenaries. I'll have to see if he keeps it up though.

spooky

S-s-sorry...

Paul Zero is more entertaining.