Why didn't she just tell Shinji what was going on?

Why didn't she just tell Shinji what was going on?

Attached: evangelion-3-0-you-can-(not)-redo_Cinema_5040.jpg (1920x815, 221K)

Because she and everyone else are pissed at Shinji for destroying the earth and have had years and years to shift their part of the blame to him
Are you actually seriously that dumb or did you just want an Eva/Rebuild thread

Because the rebuilds are hilariously retarded

because plot

Shit writing.
>Because she and everyone else are pissed at Shinji for destroying the earth
And giving him the silent treatment, when the enemy wants to put their hands on Shinji and simply knowing what is going on would prevent him from leaving and doing dumb shit, seems like the non-retarded thing to do to you?

this I don't know how it got so bad 2.0 was decent

they were about to until they were interrupted

Could Anno really have just gotten lucky making NGE/EoE?
How are the Rebuilds so atrociously fucking bad?
It's like if Kubrick randomly directed a shitty teen film late on into his career.
How can you go from such highs to such lows?

>How are the Rebuilds so atrociously fucking bad?
How do you people still not understand them? You've had over a decade.

I don't fucking get it. Are you purposely dense?

he made shin kinozilla after, so no.
3.0 is still better than your average anime too

I really hated the

>28 year old with a 14 year olds body

Shit was dumb. Literally could have left that line out and had her look exactly the same

I hated Shinji's badass moment in retrospect because it felt like it ruined the mystique around Unit 01.

>Literally could have left that line out and had her look exactly the same
So, the movie should've just said nothing on why Asuka and Mari looked like they hadn't aged one bit?

>shitty plot
>no development
>pointless characters
>terrible fights outside of 1.0 where they were just the same as NGE for the most part
>muh ebin split-second """""symbolism""""" and """""lore""""" which is yet to mean anything and probably never will mean anything
>literally such utter and completely blatant merch shilling all throughout all three films
>no actual consistent and developed themes
They're fucking atrocious, user.
2.0 is literally any random 6/10 mecha show wearing Eva's skin, and 3.0 just has nothing compelling to it at all since we have no reason to care about any of the characters, the plot makes no sense because "muh mystery", everyone acts like they got a fucking lobotomy in the timeskip, loads of pointless new shitty characters are introduced for no reason with no development, and the entire thing basically hinges on 3.0+1.0 somehow retroactively saving it, which is just about guaranteed not to happen even if Anno made another film as good as EoE somehow since the setup is so bad.
The Rebuilds are terrible. No amount of fanwank will change that.

>Could Anno really have just gotten lucky making NGE/EoE?
Maybe you should try watching Gunbuster and Karekano.
>It's like if Kubrick randomly directed a shitty teen film late on into his career.
It's called Eyes Wide Shut.

Attached: eyes wide shut.jpg (565x375, 35K)

Except, Shinji had literally no hand in destroying the world, that was all on Karl, he first shut down Uni 01 with the lance and then went on to start the apocalypse

>we are so passed at Shinji that we're gonna let him fuck up even more and destroy the planet
Bravo Misato 10/10 keikaku

What mystique? That his mother went apeshit everytime he got beat up? Why couldn't he just do what he actually wanted for once?

Wasn't in her plan since they put a fucking bomb on his neck just in case and was going to fully debrief him before teh reh 2472340 showed up

The thing that pisses me off the most is that in 2.0 Misato was all "Go for it Shinji! Take what you really want!". Destroyed her character even more than the mental retardation than everyone suffer from in 3.0.

They left him unatended for hours, had someone specifically to watch over him the entire time who could have debriefed him at any time.

Even worse is how Asuka oscillates between psycho bitch from hell who genuinelly, 100% wants to murder him and cryng for his help.

And then there is Rei who was literally reduced to a doll personalityI don't think there is a single character that wasn't utterly destroyed in this movie, literally everyone got fucked over, its amazing

Attached: 1547831787808.png (492x503, 439K)

I hope you mean "amazing" as in "amazingly bad"
Just assassinating all of your own characters isn't good writing simply for being ballsy.

>Just assassinating all of your own characters isn't good writing simply for being ballsy.
That goes without saying since I fucking hate what happened to every single character, the one I hate the most is what happened to Unit 02 with that godawful leopard mode

Fuck ooooofff pseud. Everyone *gets* the Rebuilds. Everyone knows that they're exaggerations, that they're made to shove the anti-escapist message of the original in the audience's face. It's just that most Eva fans got that message the first time, and seeing it presented again without any of the nuance or scope of the original is just insulting to them.

>tits
>ass
>anime girl faces

Yes. They looked like 28 year olds to me.

>for hours
you don't know that, they could've put him in his cell while they were setting up the meet. Seems more appropriate for the two people Shinji actually knows and can answer any questions he'll undoubtedly ask to be the ones to do it
>spoiler
because that's not the rei pre-timeskip?

Aside from the character drama between Shinji and Kaworu, it felt laborious. As if no one wanted to do it. Like half the film was padded with fucking explosions. The only people having a field day were the artists, just going nuts with the usual Eva imagery. I love that shot with the Rei skull.

The new Ritsuko design is shit

Not even anime women looks that childish at 28 unless there's a reason

Ritsuko always looked like shit.

This is why I'm rooting for Gendo to win.
Fuck WILLE.

Wille is careful to distinguish between Near-Third and Third Impact, too. Kaworu's the only one to claim they're the same event and Wille made up a second name to be confusing. Neither did Wille say everything was Shinji's fault, he asked about the choker and they explained it with footage of Eva 01 lasering in space. Kaworu is also the source for that.

What secret plan was Mari involved in 2.0 again?

That plotline has been abandoned, don't think about it, the writers sure didn't.

Can we take a moment to discuss how bad the CGI looks? And how fucking much of it there is? And the worst thing is that they seem convinced that it looks good and they even flaunt it, spinning pointlessly the camera around it to better showcase its shittiness.
I'd almost be upset if the movies were actually good, since they would be ruined by the CGI.

Her secret plan was lesbian sex with Asuka for 14 years straight.

I don't think we discuss how bad the CGI is because we all know it.

Even the simple view of the bridge in 3.0 has this pointless camera rotation, the enemies they fight all look like abstract garbage, and during the entire sequence where their dumb whale ship thing flies out of the ocean I have basically zero idea what was going on the whole time, its just a pure mess.

What is shinji's MBTI?

Attached: AB01F3DE-C863-4517-B768-80E548382475.jpg (750x551, 320K)

It's expedient given the gratuitous amount of action included in the film. I have to lean more on the theory that the film is saying 'fuck you' than tooting its own horn, however.

They weren't sure if it was really him. They weren't sure what his capabilities were. They weren't sure he wasn't going to immediately trigger another Impact.

The last they saw of him, he was inadvertently causing Armageddon, and now that they've recovered him he's showing every sign of being an Angel, not the boy they knew, and their chief worry is him not re-initiating another Impact if it is indeed Shinji himself. They don't have absolute information and there's no way to tell it's not some ploy by Gendou, the Angels, or some other element to have the single most powerful entity on the planet just wake up after so many years in assumed hibernation. Emotionally unstable as he was to begin with, him being suddenly thrust into this new context their biggest worry at the time they recovered him was to make sure he wouldn't be able to fuck things up again. And then Gendou makes sure he can't be allowed to adjust to things by plucking him up and removing all other influences besides ones that will keep him in the state they need him to be in: a Rei who won't be able to explain anything or show attachment to keep him alienated and Kaworu there to keep him in check until they are ready to trigger the next impact.

You see later what happens when Shinji is allowed to know things, skewed perception he's given notwithstanding: he tries to fix them and fucks them up anyway.

Because part of human interaction is misunderstanding.

No, Anno just no longer gives a shit about Eva but people want Anno to do more Eva. That's why you get Rebuild. Shinzilla was great.

I don't think the CGI looks bad- I mean, compared to what we've gotten in a lot of other movies, it's pretty damn good. Also, don't forget that 3.0 had a lot of great 2D shots too.
Also

Man this thread is full of brainlets. Go back to your mindless moeshit

>it's SUPPOSED to look like shit!

Lol you are just mad your favorite series will never get the love and praise Eva has for the past 20 years. The new movie in 2020 is one of the most hyped movies of all time, and even after it ends people will still dump money into it. So yeah, have fun being a raging loser who can't move past his totallynot10years old shit tier waifu.

I think it has already been delayed. Again.

Source? I haven't seen anything.

I think he's an INFP but it's possible he's something else

Attached: 8B448E25-4375-41BE-AF66-D90BA018FCE6.jpg (750x422, 214K)

I'm an INFP, and I see so much of myself in Shinji it hurt. Take that as you will.

Because there would be no movie if any of the characters acted like normal human beings.