Kono Oto Tomare!

>[HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv
The 6 people watching this show, get in here.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_20190413_122847.357.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxM1tjTvFAc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Db88Ef6FQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what character type would you call her?

Sexy

Best girl makes her appearance

Attached: 4b43sbys.png (2880x1608, 3.36M)

Bicchi.

An absolute cutie desu

Attached: 08_M05151_201805_0_815_001.jpg (1750x1400, 1.1M)

aw, so this is shojo, is it?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_10.29_[2019.04.13_15.35.19].jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

It's classified as shounen but it does come off as shoujo from time to time.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_20190413_123619.724.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

No it's shounen

What did we think of the short koto playing today?

Attached: satowa_koto_1.webm (960x540, 1.34M)

Attached: satowa_koto_2.webm (960x540, 714K)

Attached: satowa_koto_3.webm (960x540, 1.17M)

The sound itself was okay but the visuals didn't support it. These moments should be enhanced by visual effects to make the scene have more punch.

Decent character but I still feel that megane doesn't have a struggle or goal central to the story compared to the other two club members.
I thought it looked nice.

So she is best girl I assume. And she gets paired with blondie. Who does glasses get?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_04.46.389.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

All the important girls are best girls.

>Who does glasses get?
The other girl of the club. She's gonna be introduced in a few episodes.

The anime won't get good until the last half and everyone will have dropped it by then. Fuck.

At least it's getting a second cour.

Seriously? Shit, I didn't know that. Wish there was more to actually discuss at any rate, there's not much to say about the series except to endlessly sing praise on it.

I'm not watching this show so this chick better not be some sort of tsundere.

She's more like an actual bitch than a tsundere, at least at first. Eventually she warms up to everyone.

best girl

Attached: S30.png (1656x1300, 411K)

I wanted this pairing to happen but she got shipped off with the teacher.

Attached: 1546898018879.png (623x1027, 166K)

>Best girl

Attached: s_IMG-1[1].jpg (300x341, 17K)

the other best girl

Cunt.

I forgot how sassy she was early on the manga, it's nice to see again.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.57_[2019.04.13_15.48.31].jpg (2560x1440, 1.77M)

Would be better if I could actually hear it instead of Kudo babbling about how good it sounds.

>the way she gradually spills more spaghetti and spaghetti with Kudo over the course of the series
Absolute kino.

Because traditional nip insturments sound awful.
the worst part about it is that it's extremely overpriced.
No wonder their culture is dying.

Attached: shamisen.jpg (766x483, 66K)

So basically, you were able to say she's not a tsundere while still managing to keep my interest. I fucking hate Japan. Backlogged in the meantime.

Both her and Hiro's slow romances are so great

>overpriced
Good cats aren't easy to get.

>overpriced
Have you ever bought an instrument before retard? They're fucking expensive.

Not everything. Only the top luxurious brands are expensive. A lot of them are pretty cheap.
My acoustic guitar is pretty good but I bought it less than $300.

Good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=IxM1tjTvFAc

Regular guitars are sold by the millions each year in the US alone. These are probably sold in the thousands, if even that. Economies of scale make a big difference. Those shamisens aren't any more expensive than the instruments any band kid has to procure either, look how much something like a violin costs.

>moments should be enhanced by visual effects
I disagree; the visual effects usually end up looking kind of corny and tryhard. They should focus on simply animating a person playing a koto, from the perspective of an audience member or something to cut down on how much detail they need to put in.

The adaptation comes across as being somewhat lifeless; like the staff don't really appreciate the main thing driving the story which is the koto playing. Instead they seem to treat it as a disposable gimmick (which I guess it is, in the context of these kinds of stories), but it's still an important central focus they glide over without hesitation.

Those scenes aren't just about the music itself. It's actually more about the dramatic impact the music has on the characters, so it's important to use any tools and tricks to enhance that dramatic impact, including visual effects.

Animu always has a problem showing off good musical performances so they glide past over it. Or even worse, directly past it. I suspect it's mostly due to the exponential increase in effort that would go into all the fine motionwork to artistically capture fingering.

I recall they did that in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, but in my view they failed because of the fundamental disconnect between what the music was supposed to express and what the music felt. The visual effects ended up feeling like a forced effort. I think a simpler, more "raw" aesthetic would work best, like that concert scene in Haruhi.

But Haruhi was playing rock. That has more impact in and of itself. Classic musing simply can't do that most of the time. In Hibike they don't add anything too exaggerated when it comes to visual effects but they do increase the bloom and flares. That's the minimum you can do to set the mood, visually speaking. On top of that there's the fact KyoAni can actually animate the characters playing music somewhat properly. Most studios can't do that. Just look at Satowa playing in this episode. It just looked really plain and unimpressive. There was a clear disconnect between Chika's reaction and Satowa's unimpressive performance. The music alone is not enough. There's the need to make the scene LOOK impressive as well to get the message across.

Satowa is supposed to be more than a prodigy. She's peerless. Pretty much the best koto player in the country in her age bracket, and maybe even outside her age too. Do you think that shitty scene portrayed that properly? I don't think so.

You do realize this is not a koto. This is koto
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Db88Ef6FQ

I agree that the depiction in this episode was absolutely terrible, in part because there weren't even that many cuts of her playing (and also talked over by the MC, which was also annoying), but I still think that besides "enhancing" the view of her playing the koto a little by changing the lighting and a few effects here and there, they shouldn't go too abstract and do things like totally changing the backdrop or throwing in special effects like sakura petals or whatever unless they go whole hog and completely alter the setting.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you go too fancy you end up ruining the effect that you're aiming for, so it's better to err on the side of restraint.

The same thing basically.

>one of my favorite running manga has a mediocre adaptation so far
Not like this. Hopefully the ensemble performances see some actual effort put into them.

Attached: 1445890084286.png (600x342, 111K)

Is this Chihayafuru with koto?

good episode

I just started reading this yesterday and I'm up chapter 60 now. One thing that stood out to me is how the MC's biggest rival that he constantly compares himself and trying to catch up to isn't some players from another school but Satowa, the girl the anime introduced this episode. She's his biggest rival and inspiration. She's the top player in the country, individually speaking. That feels pretty fresh to me. I really didn't expect that.

Great observation. The manga is really good and I'd suggest anyone in here watching the anime to pick that up instead. It's not Jitsu Wa tragedy but the manga is just better.

The music sounds better in the manga.

>The music sounds better in the manga.
I agree, but that's largely because the staff making the anime just aren't quite up to scratch for this kind of job.

>6
Eh? It's a good animu. I hope more people watch it.

Attached: 1548835577889.png (2829x3837, 3.87M)

Sadly it's a terrible adaptation so far.

>The music sounds better in the manga.
>I agree

Attached: 1463265722227.png (358x408, 228K)

Anyone else not really liking the 2 new characters in the manga? They've made the current arc a bit of a drag. Heck, I cant even remember their names.

Does anyone like them? They're fucking obnoxious.

It's not that bad. It's pretty average, just like the rest of Platinum Vision's works.

You wanna know really terrible adaptions, go look at Hakyuu Houshin Engi or Berserk (2016-2017).

Yeah, I'm still enjoying it for what it is.

>(2016 - 2017)

Holy fuck was it really that long ago already? Felt like yesterday.

I know they needed new players and all, but yeah, they're pretty annoying. Specially the chad dude.
Hopefully, they will start to focus on something else soon. I'm reading the raw and they just introduced the new rival school so the focus will probably shift to more practice and playing and less stupid character drama.

I noticed they filmed them playing from a large variety of angles and distances, seems like it would be ideal for rotoscope use.

When she was introduced, i thought she was going to be jealous / evil and sabotage the koto club. But she turned out to be the best girl, too.

Agreed. Or 5toubun no hanayome from last season.

>Akira blushes

Attached: file.png (297x335, 135K)

My new waifu.

>It's pretty average
I think the main problem is that it's not easy to adapt a manga about music, so you need a more than average effort to produce an average adaptation. They're just not the right studio for a job like this. If it was a tennis club or a shogi club or whatever it would have been alright, but anything art related was doomed from the start.

I don't see what it is about the adaptation that's bothering people. The source material doesn't pick up until Kurisu starts wrecking the club, at the earliest. There's an argument that nothing really happens until later than that too.

I can't fucking wait for the Kurisu redemption part.

Queen.

Attached: ppwwv1y28y1rhndafo3.gif (540x300, 1.51M)

an empress

Will we even get there? They've been doing one chapter to an episode so far.

I don't see why not. She shows up in the opening, so they'll adapt her chapters. The later episodes will most likely quicken the pace.

Attached: Capture.png (1122x630, 1.26M)

I mean she shows up early enough but her redemption doesn't really start until chapter 14, where she finally starting taking the club seriously.

>Who does glasses get?

This cutie.

Attached: cute.jpg (465x810, 95K)

As long as they don't fuck up the cute as fuck blushes, I'll be satisfied.

Attached: file.png (571x595, 611K)

ded thread oh no no

Attached: file.png (258x155, 60K)

best girl

It's not amazing so far, but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with this one. I'm enjoying it, and with the mangafags saying it gets much better...

I just wish they didn't go chibi face so often.

Phew, barely held back tears this episode. It's going to get much tougher going forward.

she looks ugly in the anime desu

The blondie is cute as fuck, why isn't he more popular?
I actually like him more than fruits basket guys this far.

>more popular
We're free from the excessive shitposting at least.

Attached: 1117034737963421696_amuse8_105499711.jpg (640x640, 43K)

Attached: x2.jpg (1493x1300, 1.59M)

Series seems to be ripped with a random timing.At least its still out within a day though.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.38_[2019.04.14_12.56.35].jpg (1280x720, 454K)

Lewd.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.16_[2019.04.14_13.05.44].jpg (1280x720, 418K)

>bitchy ojou
Noice.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.56_[2019.04.14_13.08.28].jpg (1280x720, 380K)

The blond and his sidekick kept changing their face art throughtout the episode. Shit funny.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.25_[2019.04.14_13.14.18].jpg (1280x720, 465K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].webm (720x404, 433K)

I know Yea Forumsnons are working on the manga scanlation. I wonder if they're still planning on releasing chapters per volume. I'm sure the number of readers has shot up now.

definitely a cunt

Glasses a shit.

I was saddened when I heard my favorite manga got an anime adaptation. Just look at what happened to Kaguya threads. But luckily retards thought this is a BL anime, so crisis averted.

Same, but for a different reason. I figured this series would be better off as a live-actin with the risk of poor animation due to budget constraints.

the first episode definitely gave off solid BL vibes.
>angsty delinquent blonde with troubled past
>shy dorky musician sempai
>the cool aloof friend who is just sort of there

I loved it. Its a great pleb filter.

cool beauty

Attached: 1547430629198.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

>only walks away huffing
This nigga, I understand hot blooded loud mouth is reserved to the blond guy but fuck that shit.Nigga need a cuss word list.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.02_[2019.04.14_13.53.14].jpg (1280x720, 396K)

What? No.

is this shoujo?

Just watched it. fucking based
can't wait for the episode where she gets sick

i love this manga so much ;_;

It's just the start of a very wholesome friendship between two guys.
WTF are you smoking on?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Oto Tomare! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.13.314.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

i love it

Attached: file.png (959x1400, 1.49M)

wew user then imagine when you come upon the best moment in manga ever probably by the end of the anime

Attached: this almost destroyed me.png (1656x1300, 1.59M)

kaguya was already popular on Yea Forums and had its own subreddit here even, there's no compassion
i'm so glad the pleb filter worked magnificently and we barely have any shitposting. And to think of that newfriends were complaining about this on ep 1

Oh Fuck you! Now that I know it's not BL, I'm gonna watch it and start shitting up the threads.

Attached: file.png (1655x1300, 1.27M)

I dropped the manga after the delinquent was turned into some special snowflake that the rivals from other schools commented on how amazing he is. Why couldn't the author play it straight?

fucking ship fags always ruined my experience.
While I already figure all this out, It really pissed me off that you have to act all mighty and spoil the shit out of it.
I regret ever visit this thread now.
Fuck you all

fuck you.
Spoilfags are the worst

and fucking dropped,
thank you all shipfags-spoilfags for ruining my experience.
You are all disgusting pigs
maybe one day I forgot about this all I will rewatch this show.

calm down your titties user the anime will never reach that part. In fact neither translators did yet

You are fucking retarded and won't be missed. Never join us again.

For some reason this show really reminds me of Hibiki.

literally the same thing except for kumiko

Not Hibike Euphonium, Hibiki.

Attached: Hibiki-P1.jpg (640x902, 294K)

Attached: 1486276133450.png (278x259, 63K)

gonna watch this real quick, thank ya

I'm liking this so far. I hope the animation gets better, though. If it doesn't I'll probablty just pick up the manga.

They're not that similar, but the interactions between the characters kind of remind me of it.
Also the first scene with the club MC tries to join being a delinquent hanging out spot.
"Oh yeah I remember when Hibiki broke a guy's fingers in the same situation, good times"

looks like shit, thanks but no