Just finished watching this. Why did everyone hate this again?

Just finished watching this. Why did everyone hate this again?

Attached: 0cb83a5b31bfb272de03f1b229377341.jpg (1191x1684, 222K)

It was shit

The plot is meandering and unfocused, completely falling apart in the last quarter, and the characters are generic and poorly explored. The action wasn't even that great most of the time either.

Because it forgot its own first half and had a meme ending.

Which is fucking insane considering Nishigori, the Director, was the character designer for TTGL...He really rolled snake eyes on those character designs in comparison. The man that designed fucking YOKO and Kamina made unflavored oatmeal compared to his old work.

i think some time within the first like twelve episodes i realized i watched it more as a coming-of-age romance than anything else. the alien shit didn't even really faze me, i was more concerned with how this was going to play out for the protag duo and the rest of the squad. so in that sense with how it played out in the last few episodes, i thought it was heartfelt
>that ending
my feels

Just because someone made something good doesn't mean they will have a track record for doing so. Especially if they're given an entirely new position with much more responsibility (director) compared to what they were good at before (character design).

Character design wad more than fine, but whoever read the script proposal for the last chapters and thought it was okay deserved to be shot.
Plot made the whole effort a total waste of time.

Retards spazing out over nothing. This series was really dope.
Here's the reason that loser otakus spazed out:
>Episode 14 became a meme because itchigo making retards spaz out
>Second cour, especially the last few episodes were at a lot faster of a pace and introduced the plot behind the film, which felt very trigger&gainax like and the spastic otakus that were already on edge from episode 14 went full retard calling it a gainax ripoff ( even though it was literally made by gainax.

Great show. I really enjoyed it. Besides the absolutely mental otakus it's pretty fondly remembered. Even here with the hate it gets it gets a lot of love.

Attached: 3d3cf07898024e5d821da14d90409a8b.jpg (1200x630, 127K)

You don’t get to be the AOTY without a dedicated haterbase.

Masayoshi Tanaka was the character designer, but him and Nishigori definitely should have added some flare to them. Part of the story was Dr. Franxx letting the kids be more creative, so have that show. Let the characters wear their uniforms in a variety of ways. Have more accessories that define them. Just do something to let them stand out.

The last 5 episodes were fucking awful. Anybody who is directly responsible for the direction the writing went in that portion of the show has no business calling themselves competent.

Terrible tragedy ending for the sake of having a Gainax/Trigger ending.

They're becoming the "what a twist!" of the East.

How many times are we gonna have to tell you it wasn't trigger, old man?

Look, I know who the director is.

That's enough to know he's becoming a one trick M. Night Shamalamadingdong

Anything good or at least only mediocre in Darling in the Franxx was made by studio A-1 or CloverWorks.
Any part that was bad or had QUALITY or was directed by somebody incompetent was made by studio Trigger.

He's literally only directed with A1, never with trigger.

fpbp

I miss alpha

t. kyoanus

Attached: 1549223369611.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

that scene in the ending when Kokoro gives birth made me cry

Was it really? I remember it as one of the most popular shows that came out last year.

I dropped this when the show pretended that Ichigo was wrong for trying to keep Zero Two away from Hiro after she nearly killed him and savagely beat every other member of the crew up. Worse still was that waifufag shiteaters in the threads here immediately sided with Zero Two. The show got even worse after I dropped it from the looks of the threads I lurked afterward.

Because it's the worst story written on the face of the Earth.

if you don't understand, then you are a brainlet

This is first big project besides Idolmaster. You can't determine a shtick based one scenario.

Can you fags stop making a thread why people hate a show for every FOTS show that survived being remembered for more than 2 seasons?

Hiro did nothing wrong. Also, Zero Two did nothing wrong.

>le worldbuilding/exposition
I knew two episodes in that this wasn't that kind of anime. You guys just expected different and kept paying attention to whatever the fuck was happening in the background, not the actual romance or the group struggles.

Why can't Nips into shows anymore?
Why does every show need to have a garbage ending.

Brainlet.

It was pretty shit desu

I've ascended.

Anime Fans:
>Now that I reconsider it TTGL is pretty miserable everyone cool dies or gets cucked or gets cucked AND dies or or gets cucked by their waifu dying
Trigger:
>So maybe if the MC and his lover BOTH die so they don't get cucked
Fans:
>...

It changed the game and that rustled a lot of oldfags

Attached: 1534893582000.jpg (2437x1724, 489K)

Ichigo was wrong because what she did is rape

Because it's a trainwreck that introduced good ideas, themes, potentially interesting characters and relationships, and then forgets all that it planted and goes full fanfic on itself.
Not that the show was that great to begin with, since it was trying to rip-off evangelion very poorly from the get go, but it was an original mecha-drama series with some potential.

I personally lost it and didn't want to keep watching after the reveal of the alien hivemind being the surprise villains, forgetting the klaxosaurs

Attached: no more salt.jpg (415x279, 38K)

Yea Forums:
>Has an autistic seizure and calls it the worst anime ever just because of the ending
Yea Forums's contrarianism knows no bounds.

This is literally a leddit brainlet opinion.

The definition of all hype no substance. People were more entertained with the shitposting and "hype" than the show itself

The Aliens really ruined all of the themes. Everything about the kids having to learn to make decisions for themselves and not listen to evil adults? Lol it was evil aliens so no hard choice has to be made. Theme about selfish adults ruining the planet for future generations? Lol it was evil aliens so no introspection, guilt or blame has to dealt with. Nines obviously being written as being part of an agenda, status, and ideology within APE that the parasites were unaware of? Lol it was aliens the Nines were apparently just pretending to have an ideology. The fact the human APE dudes were in on some plan to upload everyones brains in earlier episodes? Lol evil alien plan that half of APE knows nothing about. Hell why even have human members?

Is Darling in the FranXX, dare I say, kino?

>Shit characters
>Shit designs
>Uninspired plot

I knew it was trash from the first episode

>Imagine actually missing all of the obvious symbolism which foreshadowed the aliens being the ones to drain the earth of life and the Klaxos being the good guys.
I almost feel bad for you. Almost.

higher IQ than most of Yea Forums then

Attached: 1341837976792.png (239x304, 124K)

See:

no one had doubts that the klaxxos were the good guys, but the bad guys being aliens instead of just humanity is fucking dumb, like you actually

>Why did everyone hate this again?

Because the people involved were more interested in getting an emotional reaction from the view than telling a good, compelling story.

Also, it wound up being a complete and total waste of really great ideas.

We've discussed all of this to death anyway. It's time to move on. It will never be as good as Evangelion or Gundam 0079.

Hard drop in quality after episode 15

Ending/final episode that robs the two characters carrying the entire show blind.

Hir02 remain profoundly beautiful in spite of the show falling apart though.

Attached: 1527953698140.jpg (2048x1448, 252K)

Even if your post was right, it doesn't prove him wrong.

Zero Two is fine as a character, but Hiro's obsession with her is toxic as fuck.

What are you talking about? Everyone knew the Klaxos would turn out to be misunderstood. No one was ticked off by that. they were ticked of at how the Aliens (who had no setup and indeed contradicted the prior plot) were the bad guys instead of Human Adults. Which is what the entire pre-alien themes were about.

Its the same thing as drinking something sweet and suddenly tasting something bitter. Most people thought this show was generic shit but got something completely different.

we went from generic shit to stinky shit

>just finished watching this
no you didnt

That has nothing to do with what I said. Regardless, you can actually blame poor writing for that scene as well, because Hiro falls in love with someone who tried to murder him and his lifelong friends while also not being mentally ill in-universe. If they want to have Hiro fall in love with 02, fine, but don't have everyone pretend it's normal. Hiro should have social consequences for essentially ignoring 02's crimes.

And that's why it's profoundly beautiful.

Reddit loved this anime, dumbass. As did Twitter and every other normalfag den on the internet.

>since it was trying to rip-off evangelion very poorly from the get go

>Implying he himself goes on Reddit
Kek

Seemes like faggots will keep bumping this shit thread done by the same OP who made his 3rd Franxx thread already this weekend and continues to bash everyone who disliked this series
>Just finished watching this
This is probably his 3rd time using this same line again and why would a guy who just watched this series post fanart instead of images from the show. Such a desperate bait to keep the discussion going when most threads get archived before 60 replies
>Why did everyone hate this again
I actually didn't hate the show that much, I just hate the anons who praise this show like it's some next evangelion. It was always shit and generic. Full of cliches like "pervert", boring bland MC and etc. Just poor mans TTGL full of rip-offs from other Gainax shows. Only thing it had for itself was good character designs, interesting world and sound (music, SFX, VAs). It was a trainwreck and shitshow and deserves to be forgotten already, but some fags just can't let go

Hiro and Zero Two both being clinically insane in their love for each other to the point where they both do bad things but also end up as better people is 120% the appeal of the show.

Attached: 1550311533688.jpg (1442x2048, 502K)

Because you're not watching the good ones

Name a single good one made in the last 5 years.

>it's impossible to know how anime are being received elsewhere on the internet without actively browsing those websites
Retard.

Everything about it was decent until it got to the second half. They kinda started shitting the bed but at least ichigo's cuck tears gave me a chuckle. Real talk hiro really is a fucking retard, he interacted with zero two like once as a child and all the sudden theyre like bonded at the soul?

At last someone who gets it. The waifu shitters who'll think no ill of 02 is astounding.

Attached: 1554352839175.png (675x664, 190K)

dimension high school was just last season, user

I feel like it's almost agreed that the 2nd half of DoTF was awful.

It was like the hunter x hunter of mecha.

>Giantess 02
>No papa uprising instead random alien bullshit
>randomly killing Hiro and 02

I heard that manga is better, is that true?

The manga is awful, way worse than the anime. The only reason you hear that is since the story is fairly different it makes people think things will end up different. But everything that was actually endearing about the show is missing from the manga