twitter.com/AnonBabble

Code Geass

Code Geass

fate apochrypha

Attached: 03b.png (269x274, 21K)

>moving the king's pawn first
worst anime trope

Gundam Wing.

Attached: 1534129558310.jpg (3087x4278, 3.78M)

Hikaru no Go

Yup, queen's pawn is better

In The Price of Smiles, the main character manages to not lose the war against the Empire by simply disabling all the nanomachine-devouring crystal technology, effectively ending the big chess game by not playing the game.

Code Geass

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 550K)

>we need a setting to unroll the evil plan.png

三月のライオン is practically all about chess.

No game no life
reminder to never let eleven trickery lower the moral of you pawns

highschool dxd

Attached: 6b30fa087ef68dac1a04e989c026a617.jpg (675x900, 381K)

It allows for better development.

Japan is unironically too dumb for chess, they don't even have any GM. That's why they play dumbed down chess ripoffs instead.

hxh with gungi

Real men play tic-tac-toe.

Chess is dumbed down Go.

I want Rias to be MY king!

Isn't Shogi is more complex than chess?

REAL men play nim.

Chess has nothing to do with Go. Also, Go sucks.

deal. I'll take Sona.

Shogi is just Chess folded 1000 times.

Go more like Gay

Nope.

Shogi > Chess

Attached: got em.gif (500x281, 1022K)

>1. f3 e5
>2. g4 Qh4#

Attached: 1467639185729.jpg (600x522, 24K)

Konosuba
>darknessplayingchess.png

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

ping pong

>1. f3

Attached: 1478736195083.png (268x393, 126K)

There was a chess scene in Psycho Pass, wasn't there? There were also "chess" game in No Game No Life, and Terror in Resonance had a game, although it was retarded.

No Game No LIfe?

?

That wasn't the only thing retarded about Zankyo no Terror.

>Liking flat chests.

No. It's a dumber version. Just like Pachinko is dumber pinball

Yeah, you can drop pieces into the board so it's more complex.

>not liking high IQ tsunderes.

chess isnt difficult though, when compared to checkers, sure its difficult. Other than that an easy boardgame pseuds and dorks play to make themselves feel smart

as much as I think the show's good, (spoiler alert) I think the ending went out too fast to give a good impact. The parts before were good

>High IQ
>Challenged Rias to magic slugfest despite Rias having basically erasure magic.

Code Geass

>1. f3
Must be rated

hikaru nakamura. its not like it matters tho, as long as carlsen is still alive everyone else is just competing for second place

Attached: 10084.jpg (500x375, 106K)

TL Note: Schneizel just made an illegal move in chess, so it doesn't make sense that he could say checkmate, he might possibly say check but the use of the term here is wrong. The only way this could be a legal move is if this were blitz chess, also known as "fast chess". However, in this scene, it is never declared they are playing "fast chess", and neither of the players are using clocks to time their turns in the game.

TL Note 2: The reason why Schneizel did this is because the game was going to turn into a threefold rep. By pulling this illegal move, he is able to gain insight into Zero's personality, and "un-mask" part of him, thus fulfilling his victory condition in a subtle and Schneizel-ish manner. To look at the picture more properly, think of the chess board not as a game but as a battlefield. Zero's other options were to take his King, which would have made him similar to his father, or to call Schneizel out on making an illegal move, which would have made Zero look dumb since "lol rules of war". What Zero chose to do was keep his pride and run away from a free victory. Furthermore, by placing his king behind a pawn instead of any other open tile, Zero symbolically shows cowardice.

TL Note 3: Alternatively, read it like this:
Well personally I think the symbolism in Schneizel moving his king is that he wants to be buddy-buddy with Zero. And that Zero moving behind the pawn is because he is afraid of Schneizel's advances. (Geass is about yaoi and shit, so the likelihood of aers being correct is somewhere over 9000.)

TL Note 4:This scene is interesting because it raises the question of whether or not Schneizel "plays dirty" in bed with Canon. :3

Perfect information games aren't all that interesting to watch.
Hikaru No Go is meh for that reason alone.
Mahjong is better, that's why Akagi and Saki are good.

>no war gaming anime

Attached: 1535393511209.jpg (1338x1000, 306K)

based

Stratego > Chess

Attached: 1337719574038.jpg (404x345, 61K)

Well, that's what the Japanese tell me.

I thought e2-e4 is a common move

Name one bad thing about why moving the king's pawn first is a bad thing
>Hint: You can't

came here to post this

It is, it's the most popular opening move. d4 is a meme.

Everybody knows that h4 is the patrician opening move.

It’s a widely used opening. I’m a queens gambit guy myself but I used to open with king’s pawn all the time.

>T.Brainlet

What opening does Yea Forums prefer to play as white? Ruy Lopez? English?

Queens Gambit. It’s been almost five years since I played regularly though. I need to dust off a couple books and brush up on my chess skills and start playing again.

lichess.org/

>no ball buster anime

Attached: pic574052.jpg (575x375, 34K)

Shougi is basically a direct upgrade over chess in complexity.
The board is one bigger in both dimensions, there's more pieces and the game doesn't get eaier as you progress because all the pieces can be brought back.

In computational terms, chess has 10^123 ways it can play out. Shougi has 10^226. In other words about 10^100 times more.

Both are fun variants of the same game, though. Playing one doesn't make you good at the other and neither can even begin to compare to just how ridiculous Go is.

London system

Code Geass

Attached: maxresdefault (79).jpg (1280x720, 60K)

QGD

Aren't there many nuances in chess endgames? Like even if it's just some rook and pawn engame, you need to be very precise with the placement. Carlsen beat Karjakin in the 2018 Sinquefield cup like this. By this I mean even though there's less moves, chess might not necessarily get easier as the game progresses.

Easy Peasy

Attached: ezpz.png (1091x547, 66K)

Precisely. One should also keep in mind tha you have fewer options when it comes to pieces you can move, but more numerous options on where you can move them due to the more open board in the endgame.

チェス盤をひっくり返す!

Attached: But_futekib2.png (599x480, 137K)

I've looked up some opening, but I'm too much of a casual to understand their strengthes and weaknesses.

Solving the chess end-game was the first thing we were able to do. Long before computers started actually winning any real games.

As far as Shougi is concerned, I worded it badly.
The end game doesn't have to go that way . But it absolutely can(putting the pieces back in takes a turn and has its own set of rules).

Attached: Shogi puzzle, note the captured pieces for both sides.png (360x270, 5K)

Hikaru no Go was kino up until Sai disappeared and Hikaru became emo and stopped playing go

Nimzo-Indian Defense, but I'm a brainlet who sucks at chess, so what do I know.

Attached: 1485234339725.jpg (808x446, 217K)

Attached: 1118full-the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-screenshot.jpg (1118x629, 78K)