If what Kyubey is saying is true, that energy is being lost, isn't that breaking the first law of thermodynamics...

If what Kyubey is saying is true, that energy is being lost, isn't that breaking the first law of thermodynamics? Does that law apply to this world or is the energy being transferred to other universes or something

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 90K)

What

>isn't that breaking the first law of thermodynamics?
Indeed, speedwatcher-kun. The whole point is to reverse the entropic decay of the universe.

>energy is being lost
It's not so much lost, but being converted into a state where it's all pretty much useless, that is, it would cost more energy to use that energy, so you might as well consider it to be lost forever.

Energy isn't being lost. Usable energy is being lost. You should have gone on to the second law of thermodynamcis.
What Kyubey talked about is actually happening in real life if you somehow didn't know.
Also the whole point of the megucas was to violate the first law by creating energy from emotions.

He created the black hole

Attached: 1554938500613.png (1562x910, 436K)

There has to be a more efficient way of collecting emotional energy than witch tf

It makes you wonder how they even discovered it in the first place.
>I'm trying to figure out how to get more energy out of a system than I put in. The laws of thermodynamics preclude the possibility of getting something from nothing however the very fact the universe exists proves there must be some way.
>Have you tried making little girls cry?

>what is information theory
The entropy of the universe isn't "going away" per se, but being transferred into another structural property of matter.
The energy also isn't lost. Or maybe it is cause lol magic.

Attached: 1554343971802.jpg (640x640, 58K)

Ever heard of the Big Freeze

>Energy isn't being lost. Usable energy is being lost
This
Just add "usable" / "aviable" every time Kyubey talks about energy and his statements roughly comply with the laws of thermodynamics (well, except for megucas, obviously)

I ain’t no physicist, but from what i know the laws of thermodynamics are only absolute in a Newtonian static universe, while in the relativistic universe we live in it can be broken and actually is broken by stuff like dark energy
correct me if i’m wrong

There isn’t. That was one of the main points of a Rebellion.

We have no idea what dark energy is. It's just a cover term for whatever is making the Universe's growth accelerate, so scientists can save face.

>Just add "usable" / "aviable"
Is potential energy the correct term?

Dam metaphor is a good example. The water behind the dam can be seen as potential energy cause hasn't passed through the dam yet. It's waiting to be released. But once the lake/dam is totally drained or dried up, where did the water/energy go? The water/energy still exits but it's flowed downstream out of reach of the dam and hydroelectric turbines that make useful electricity. It's potential is lost at this point. Tho technically you could build a 2nd dam or waterwheel further down stream so it's technically not 100% lost till it reaches the ocean but that's unimportant for the point of the metaphor.

Attached: images.jpg (287x176, 8K)

they know that emotions can somehow generate energy and out of the races they discovered humans had the strongest emotions

I think worse than the thermodynamics problem is the fact Kyubi is trying to stop an event that won't happen for at least quintillions of years.

yeah but we know it violates the first law, since the expansion of the universe is accelerating more dark energy is created that causes even more rapid expansion
it’s a positive feedback loop that creates energy out of nothing

They are trying to extend the star age of the universe, there is no point in extending the second dark age

Entropy is
>a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.

>talks about energy
When does he ever talk about energy? I always heard him (and the translations I always saw) had him talking about ENTROPY, not "energy" except to the extent where he says he's collecting energy which in context is clear enough.

>I think worse than the thermodynamics problem is the fact Kyubi is trying to stop an event that won't happen for at least quintillions of years.
Like said, but also if they're trying to turn the Big Chill into a Big Crunch (or even some finagle it into steady state) then the sooner the better, it's not going to get any easier or better with spacetime continuing to exponentially expand.

Also, if humanity is unusually useful for the purpose then they have to take advantage of it while it's around. All well and good to say "it's not for a long time" but who knows how long it'd be before they lucked out again.

Even if you say Humanity is a 1 in 10 billion year thing, the Heat Death of the Universe still happen after 10,000 cycles of humanity.

We don't know that for sure. The expansion of the universe could be increasing its entropy, which'd release free energy and thus not violate the first or second law.

No. Potential energy is not the correct term.