What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Attached: Alien 9 - Episode 4 [OnDeed] [CD354F32] (V2) - 00:24:58.jpg (714x527, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKPcHCAkOpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wUvoPutc5OM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overrated trash

Alien 9

A masterpiece. Don't worry, just take your time and let it all sink in.

DEEP Edge : The Anime

Attached: terrified.gif (500x336, 996K)

Madoka before Madoka even existed

Attached: 1511357265407.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

Evangelion done right.

Attached: 1456997007787.jpg (1900x1866, 1.61M)

Except that Madoka sucks

The prologue. Now read the manga to finish the story and find the truth beyond the gate.

I know that some people prefer the open anime ending.

There's a sequel as well.

I can't remember anything from Emulators. It's been a while. Recently I've read Milk Closet and I got mindfucked halfway through to the point where I've stopped trying to make any sense of it. As such, I'm a bit reluctant re-reading Alien 9 and Emulators, as I don't want to spoil my recent experience rewatching the anime.

Alien Nine was a much better deconstruction of the magical girl genre than Madoka.

I still liked Madoka better though.

Wait, really? I read the manga and never thought they would do a sequel. Off to take a look.

So what the fuck happened with Alien 9 Next? The 3rd chapter says to be continue but everywhere it says that is over, when it will continue? I was really curious for the space arc.

what a fucking catchy intro

I think I've read somewhere that the author dropped it.
And a feely, melancholic ending. Made me legit tear up at pic related.

Attached: alien9.png (1433x1078, 809K)

Kasumi goes full crazy for her YurixKumi crackship but at the end they solve things and become friends again
Alien 9 > Emulators > Special > Next

I wonder what is Tomizawa up to these days. Also where the fuck can I get a Borg hat?

Attached: 43846.jpg (225x230, 23K)

What are the chances of a remake of the anime? Putting all the content available(not counting Next) together they could easily make a 1 cour season.

About 0%, unless my net worth increases by about 1000x so I can afford to fund it. Let's assume that someone funds it (it will almost certainly be a financial disaster, mind you). Which studio would do it justice? JC Staff is rigthfully shat on, but they did an AMAZING job with Alien 9. Seriously, the visual direction is elder god-tier. Even if you got the same people together, could they recreate the magic?

Madoka before Madoka was Shamanic Princess though. Alien 9 isn't even mahou shoujo.

Attached: shamanic-princess.jpg (720x599, 80K)

>Alien 9 isn't even mahou shoujo

Attached: 1543691501615.jpg (349x344, 22K)

>and I got mindfucked halfway through to the point where I've stopped trying to make any sense of it.
Same happened to me and A9. I got confused so hard that I don't even care anymore now.

You're talking about the manga right? Because anime was quite coherent for me, especially on a rewatch. Wouldn't surprise me if the author was actually autistic though.

Manga yeah. It blew my mind repeatedly so many times I stopped counting. Happened many years ago though, I wonder if there's some kind of A9 wiki with plot explanation for complete bakas.

Can anyone explain to me why Kumi was dying in Emulators? I know she was becoming an alien, but why does that mean that without fusing she was doomed?

>evangelion/madoka type series
you had my curiosity, now you my attention.
show a cool death scene worthy enough for me to pick this up

No one honestly gives a shit if you watch it or not. You're clearly a faggot, so don't bother.

>dude death is so deep amirite
manchild stuck in his teens confirmed

Technically it's mahou shoujo. Yes, they visually don't resemble any of your typical mahou shoujo girls with outfits, transformations, etc., but they do dress up in symbolic outfits (rollerblades, safety gear, borg-helmets) and fight the "evil" with borgs, which are the equivalent of those magical powers. Maybe you can't call it a "mahou shoujo" in a literal sense, but it shares a lot of technical elements with it, so you can't fully refute that. As for Madoka comparison, it's really more of a Madoka predecessor, because it shares a lot of same staples such as moeblob/wide faces, underage girls forming a contract with another being in order to fight off foreign 'disturbances', surreal sections and overall seemingly light-hearted story that turns dark pretty quickly

Attached: 25359748.jpg (600x800, 155K)

look at all of this projecting between these two

You're overrated.

her human body was dead and was replaced by a copy, without the alien life-support organs she was just like a fruit that's fallen from the tree, destined to rot

A mastercake

Imagine becoming a fruit like that

Attached: cantwakeup.jpg (367x202, 12K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WKPcHCAkOpQ

youtube.com/watch?v=wUvoPutc5OM