Why do you anons prefer anime and manga over other mediums?

Why do you anons prefer anime and manga over other mediums?

Attached: af0.jpg (680x506, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anichart.net/archive
files.catbox.moe/ynp19k.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cute and comfy

I used to, but anime stopped doing adventure series so I’ve been playing vidya more.

Because of the outlandishness and a lot of the settings lets me escape from my problems for about 23 minutes. I also like cute girls and 3D and western cartoons are ugly.

Yeah, I haven't watched anything in the last couple months, been playing Persona 5 instead.

Western animation hasn’t been good in about 50 years

the themes and stories are kinda diverse and unique in anime and manga. also cute 2d anime girls(males/females) and japanese VAs sound cool

when was the first kungfu panda?

This

Attached: 1554578485149.png (1000x1414, 2.08M)

It lets me selfinsert into a kind of life I always wanted to have but will never have.

I don't.

Attached: 90df5b844e1e16a70258da05d7ad239d.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

I like cartoons better than 3d stuff, gives more space to do more things. Plus American/Western cartoons are garbage which leaves me with anime/manga

We still have quite a few of supernatural highschool anime around so Persona 5 didn’t really do much for me as far taking me away from anime.

Pretty much this, but I wouldn't say 50 years more like 30 years. Batman TAS was a masterpiece. Very few things come close to its greatness.

I like it as good escapism as opposed to YA stuff in the west that is probably the best analog. There are some really good adult shows as well that people should watch, but really there is already a fair amount of great western movies if that is what you are looking for. Most American TV is dogshit though imo, especially the dramas people like to make a big deal out of. It's about lasting as many seasons as possible, not making a quality product so even good shows will turn into trash at some point, like GoT. Manga is far superior to american capeshit comics for a simple reason, they aren't a mess of alternate universes and conflicting stories. Capeshit is not worth getting into, it is like 4 or 5 USD for at best 20 pages. Even if you buy manga, it's like 10 to 15 dollars for 200 some pages per volume. Capeshit comics are for wealthy old men that can afford it, and even with capeshit being the most popular thing on the planet they still sell less each year. Other kinds of comics are fine imo though, as long as the story is coherent and the art is actually good it's not inferior to manga.

Variety. Cartoons are now mostly shitty capeshit or some generic fantasy setting. Worst time we've got is isekai and they're not all bad

Ironically, because of the diversity. Western shows are too busy with looking the same or using the same type of humor or stories and even those that pretend to break the mold are overly concerned with not rocking the boat too much so they end up just like everyone else but slightly edgier.

Ever read Kodomo no Jikan? That would N E V E R happen in the West these days.

Attached: 1504963479964.png (268x324, 95K)

Cute girls.
I like a lot of things about anime, and most of the things I don't like isekai or harems are easily avoided. I don't agree with the people that bitch about it being all the same, but even if it was a lot of it is all the same in ways I actually like.

there's not many other options, comics are fucking trash while mangas you can still find a good one once in a while.
also manga can kinda pander to me with anime titties while most western stuff panders to sjw trannies

Everything seems like propaganda, anime and manga not so much.

I don't. Anime and manga is mediocre compared to western stuff.

Higher levels of variety, creativity, technique, instances and ease of consumption. Having proper conclusions, better music and cute girls are bonuses.

They contain the kinds of stories I like to read, which is about self-betterment and martial arts/fighting(Baki, Kengan, Shuumatsu no Valkyrie).

The comic medium also allows for creators to channel their unique singular vision, which results in great series about bizarre concepts(like Ultimate Rock-Paper-Scissors)

Attached: 26991235-BC45-44E5-9D0F-CC182A3BA011.jpg (800x1176, 144K)

it has all my favorite genres
love the aesthetic
girls are cuter
like animation but the west hates it
the action scenes are more blood boiling
has all my favorite archetypes
I like their tropes more than the tropes of other mediums
has more respect for genre fiction
far away enough from freedomland to not be influenced by its bullshit

basically it can be summarized by
it's Japanese and it's animation/comics

The third movie ain't no slouch either. The art direction was absolutely gorgeous.

the stuff I watch is funny, cute and sometimes sexy. western animation has become too jaded and edgy, and everything's just a parody (or "hommage").

It's nice to have different stories to read constantly, whether it's a weekly or a monthly or something that updates irregularly. The series that I end up binging are really easy to read at my own pace.
Videogames are nice too but I only try out 1-2 new games a year and prefer to spend time on games that I already own, and the last western cartoon I cared to watch was Gravity Falls.

Attached: v4.jpg (424x187, 29K)

It fits my loser aesthetics.

Because Japan doesn't give a fuck still where almost all other entertainment mediums have become normalized to the point of redundancy.

Never change, Japan.

because the developers are pandering to me and not to morons

I don't particularly understand it, beyond that they produce a lot more varied things in larger amounts compared to their American counterparts. I like some European comics, and I've read a few American ones that I do like, but they're very few in number compared to the esoteric stuff Japan puts out.

Also, edgy girls.

Attached: 72888589_p0.jpg (761x1200, 819K)

The art style, cute girls, and the fact that there is an endless amount of things to watch/read that you will never run out of material to enjoy. Theres also so many genuinely comfy and funny anime out there that it makes me feel good watching it. Its also good for escaping this shitty reality for some reason.

Attached: 1540329115426.gif (540x367, 1.97M)

>developers

Its probably the only medium left that still panders to loser like me

Lolis

cute 2D girls

Attached: 1542847984339.gif (245x245, 950K)

It's low-brow and allows me to watch fun colorful things without being reminded of 3D humanity.

>tv
usually so fucking slow and boring, i always feel like im wasting my time
>movies
pretty good, lots of variety in films
>games
used to play a lot of them, now usually play them to unwind. often feel like im wasting my time
>anime
usually boring, but the rare good show can be amazing
>manga
can fit into my schedule easily, allows individual creativity rather than a studio, doesn't waste your time like anime

I like my entertainment without the special brand of political propaganda that seems to be in every piece of western media.

Wow, we've got a business man among us. Why are you posting here instead of working overtime?

Superhero comics are the epitome of no substance whatsoever and movies are made for the normie audience. This leaves anime and games

Because they are better.
Of course you could find good things from other meidums but they are so little that there's just no comparison, movies are shit(I enjoyed Anima Yell more than Infinite Wars), TV shows are beyond shit(to be honest there's literally nothing, NOTHING else to watch once GoT is over), I still enjoy games but even the most average anime is a better way to spend your time, I don't say that is a bad thing but I just don't get the fun people get from playing Fortnite or the fun of watching people playing Fortnite.

Actually is the contrary, the reason why is so good is precicely because nobody is trying to pander you.

This. And cute girls.

Attached: GS GS what is it.png (120x197, 26K)

I don't. I also watch anime, but film is by far the best medium. And no, I have never been to Yea Forums

Bermuda Triangle >>>>> The Shape of Water

I wouldn't say I do really. I like live action film too and some western comics. Western TV series too to some extent. I spent a while watching film though and right now I'm focusing on anime and manga since for as long as I've been watching anime and reading manga I really haven't seen/read as much as I should have.

Because I'm too much of a brainlet for othermediums. Except modern western TV for which I'm not enough of a brainlet.

I don't. I watch tons of western movies mostly old stuff.

>Ever read Kodomo no Jikan? That would N E V E R happen in the West these days
Yeah when was did air again? over 10 years ago.
Also is it really breaking any kinda mold if we are talking about japan?

Attached: [a-s]_slayers_-_09_-_impact!__rs2_[69BDCC37].mkv_snapshot_07.44_[2018.06.01_22.39.28].jpg (640x480, 33K)

There is propaganda in those too. Entertainment in general has always been full of propaganda anyway.

>variety, creativity, technique
Even you know that is bullshit. Anime is full of same shit just as western entertainment.

because less sjws and actually have decent freedom of creation.
It's a fact that manga and anime anything Japanese have more tolerence towards social perversion hence more creative and suits more audience type.

I like interesting and creative characters, designs and settings. Watching real life people bores me to tears.

>almost all other entertainment mediums have become normalized to the point of redundancy
What do you mean?

According to sturgeon's law, 90% of everything is shit but there are more anime coming out every season than western stuff so anime and manga have more good stuff

>watch like 2 shows of same genre
>anime full of same shit like western.
What a shameful display

What do you count as propaganda? That there is black man in the movie?

I think he is trying to say that anime is somewhat niche compared to other entertainment mediums.

You do know that there is other comics that aren't capeshit? It's like saying all the manga is battleshonen.

I am not saying same shit as western shows but same problems as western shows in terms of lacking creativity.

I prefer anime over most ningens.

I guess but it's not like western cinema doesn't have niche stuff.

Manga/anime is no wonderland of creativity. Never has been and today it falls into a very similar deep hole like the west has. Except instead of remakes and sequels, they have a golden goose in the form of adaptations.

Still, it's arguably less severe. Plus, if you want to avoid that, you can still do so within the confines of the media (go through as of yet "undiscovered" manga, focus on anime originals).
If you don't like western shows, you're out of luck unless you learn French and start watching experimental/indie productions. Or just give up and start reading books.

yes, but there seem to be much fewer of them. like I have read asterix, now what?

Seeing as the pinnacle of live action series is Game of Thrones which was the biggest snoozefest I've ever watched, I'll pass

Well if you liked Asterix, i recommend Tintin.

GoT is not pinnacle of western TV. Don't believe the hype.

Literally every other medium has their ass fucked by SJW faggots. Japan doesn't give a fuck and they just focus on making entertaining and comfy shows.

Quick question, sadpanda down for anyone else?

old european comics were great(i haven't read the newer ones) i hate it when people talk like america and japan are the only comic producers

>the pinnacle of live action series is Game of Thrones
This is pretty easily seen to be not true. Thinking this is the case just shows how out of touch you are with western live action TV. Not blaming you but people that hate western media generally don't really know what they're talking about. They're the equivalent of someone that's watched Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion and not much else and who give their opinions on anime.

>Literally every other medium has their ass fucked by SJW faggots
That is hardly true. You just think that because you have been browsing /pol/ too long.

I dunno, post a sadpanda loli link and I'll verify for you.

Works for me.

>people that hate western media generally don't really know what they're talking about. They're the equivalent of someone that's watched Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion and not much else and who give their opinions on anime.
To these people those two are not same thing because in their opinion japan can do no wrong and western media is only either capeshit or sjw shit.

Western media is for normal people.
Anime is for pedos.
That's why I prefer anime.

Well shit.

I don't, films are vastly superior and so are books.
That doesn't stop me from enjoying all of them.

I like animation and art. I would consume more western cartoon stuff, but it isn't to my liking usually. Comics are also hard to get into since there's different versions of everything and I don't know which one I should read. I want to get into Hellboy series though.

there are more anime coming out that movies and tv shows?
[X] doubt

i honestly don't really like anime that much, shit i would say that 8 out of 10 things i've watched have been a completely dissapointing, the things that i enjoy more is a good story and anime really lacks of that, but im too retarded to switch to books or other more sophisticated mediums so i stay here.

Lolis. Also liking anime is the mark of a loser, so I can't not like it.

>I want to get into Hellboy series though
Just start reading the Hellboy. You don't need to read anything before that.

I don't watch anime

The only western stuff I watch are movies and the sad horse guy show, I only play older vidya because newer ones don't interest me and I am done with upgrading my GPU every currentyear just to play poorly optimized shit.

I don't give a fuck about other countries. Only USA makes stuff that worth watching. There are more than 100 shows coming out each season. I don't think US makes that many.
anichart.net/archive

>western movies = 90% of trash
>western books = alright
>western music = pretty good
>mangas = trash for low iq readers
>anime = pretty good
>eastern music = pretty good
>comics = older ones alright, newers ones are political trash
>eastern movies = pretty good
>eastern literature = alright

>western movies = 90% of trash
>eastern movies = pretty good
Your taste is fucked up

>Only USA makes stuff that worth watching
pleb

Say whatever you want. I've seen a good deal of non american stuff thanks to netflix and almost all of them were vastly inferior to their american counterparts. I'm not even American so I'm not biased. USA makes the best live action while Japan makes the best animation. Between them I choose anime but American live action is a close match for me.

>anime above manga
>eastern movies anything but trash
>comics not being 95% shit at any point in time

>old european comics were great
>zagor, tex, nathan never, dylan dog, il grande blek, mister no, alan ford
i spent my childhood reading these

Attached: 1485536434242.jpg (922x940, 288K)

Usually because they have endings and I like it when things have a satisfying conclusion. It doesn't even have to be story focused, K-On and Azumanga Daioh have proper endings. Don't often watch/read battle shonen or LN stuff because those refuse to die.
The only western stuff I'm still into is movies for the same reason.

You clearly haven't read and watched enough. Learn moonrunes and hunt down interesting looking stuff if you really want to see how much more you're not seeing because scanlators rarely pick up the harder more niche stuff, especially these days when isekai stuff hangs super low from the tree.

You also have to consider the fact that western entertainment is largely designed by committee as opposed to manga being works of an individuals or small teams that extend into the many adaptations we get and that the west have a history of stamping down on what's culturally appropriate and what isn't. Add the budget and logistic restrictions of a bringing a scene to life and it's not hard to see why western entertainment tends to be limited. Just look at a few of what we have this season:

>postmodern powerlevel parody
>uprising against giants and ancient oppressors
>a girl that helps wereanimals overcome their traumas
>a pair of teen musicians making it big on mars

Meanwhile the only western shows that I can think of in recent times with memorable pitches are The Good Place, Counterpart and Westworld.

I don't think western TV series generally run for longer than anime. I guess they do if you only consider 13-26 episode anime but those are the ones that tend to be adaptations with no endings or that are so condensed that they have rushed endings. I really hate the seasonal structure of both anime and western TV series though. A lot of the big western TV series too I think have like 6-10 episode seasons, which is ridiculous. Then you have to wait a year for the next season. I don't watch Game of Thrones but I heard that there's a new season coming out and it's only 6 episodes for example. And it's been like 1.5 years since the last season (which was 7 episodes) aired.

I don't. I'll read comics about as much as I read manga. I'll binge manga more often than binge comics, if only because, for some reason, manga tends to be able to take an absurd premise and handle it better than comics can, but they both have ongoing's that have their merits.
And as bad as Yea Forums is getting, it's still way better than Yea Forums.

It's not about length of a show for me so much as it is the willingness to meander along indefinitely. Yes most western shows get canceled in a season but they don't properly end in a way they were intended to. Western shows are generally made to go on as long as they still make money, which while understandable is still bad for me since the quality usually drops well before the show decides to end. Game of Thrones got bad enough that even my normalfag friends started making fun of it last season.

>I don't think western TV series generally run for longer than anime
Where have you been these past decades? Even half hour sitcoms usually come in with an order of 13 or so episodes to start with putting them at least on par with most anime in terms of runtime. Longrunning weekly anime aren't exactly rare but they still make up only a tiny fraction out of the total set and the US has those mindboggling soap operas to match.

>13-26 episode anime but those are the ones that tend to be adaptations with no endings or that are so condensed that they have rushed endings
I feel like the point you're trying to make here is that 13- 26 episodes is not enough to tell a good story.

I mean you are right and i do miss when producters and committees used to take some risks but that doesn't mean that anime doesn't have it's own problems of having same shit that sells to masses.
>Westworld
Is it any good? I heard the season 2 is not as good as the first one.

So much this. Also when Anime characters are diverse in appearance, like say, having dark skin, they don't have a stupid stereotype personality forced onto.

Wasn't the third one basically funded by China?

>they don't have a stupid stereotype personality forced onto
I don't know about you but i enjoy those 90s hood movies.

Attached: MV5BZmRjNDI5NTgtOTIwMC00MzJhLWI4ZTYtMmU0ZTE3ZmRkZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (675x1000, 160K)

>that doesn't mean that anime doesn't have it's own problems of having same shit that sells to masses.
Sure but it's definitely not as excessive as what goes on with the west. We still get a pretty decent number of outliers like Made in Abyss, Yorimo, Chihayafuru, Yuri on Ice and Tatami Galaxy every year. Hell, Monogotari has been going on for more than a decade and you definitely can't say that it's a conventional big hit.

As for Westworld, it's not perfect but it's better than most US shows by a good margin. S2 is a bit of a mixed bag, mainly due to the female empowerment eps, but it still has its moments of kino that make it worth watching. The premise will lure you in but you'll likely stay for Ed Harris.

Anime has better music and more emotion than western shows. For some reason the west is afraid of showing real raw emotion and when they do, it's almost always only something negative like rage or frustration. There are exceptions of course, for example I consider LotR movies to be very anime-esque in that regard, and they're one of my favorite movies for that reason

Stuff actually happens and many series actually get legitimate endings unlike most western comics and cartoons

>I feel like the point you're trying to make here is that 13- 26 episodes is not enough to tell a good story.
Not really because there are plenty of series that length that I love. But if you're adapting a manga that's 10+ volumes it more than likely isn't enough and I think episode counts should be more tailored to the story you want to tell while anime these days as far as I can tell is pretty rigidly stuck into 12-13 episode cours. 13 episodes is plenty to tell a story designed for that but I think creators want to do more but still feel like they need to fit it into 13 episodes. Take Fairy Gone for instance. Its first episode was a massive lore dump and it feels like what they want to do can't be done in 13 episodes (or even 26, though at this point I'm not sure if it is 13 or 26).

For instance I really love Haibane Renmei but even with it I think it felt rushed at places. But maybe not enough to expand to 26 episodes but for some reason the cour system is standard so they couldn't or didn't want to do say 16 episodes for whatever reason.

>Its first episode was a massive lore dump and it feels like what they want to do can't be done in 13 episodes (or even 26, though at this point I'm not sure if it is 13 or 26).
If Planet With can fit in 2 seasons and a movie's worth of story in a single cour there's no reason that a reconciliation & redemption story can't be done in 13. It's really ultimately up to the staff's competency to tell the story right and if they can't tell it with slots they have then it's on them for wasting the time on scenes that just eat up time.

Nah. It did worse than the previous ones (rightly so), but China was still only its usual percentage of the overall earnings. The film would still make money even without Chinese cinemas.

Well a lot of times those endings aren't very good and it is not like there are no western tv series that have ending.

The problem is also that they adapt a lot on-going manga and finished ones.

I like animation but there's barely anything worth watching anymore. Got sick of incomplete adaptations and moved on to LN/VN. Manga I try to stick to finished series.

>VN
I'm so sorry.

The majority of content of any medium is going to be trash or mediocre, some more than others. But the fun is being to able to find the good stuff.

2D and 3D each have their merits. There are a lot of things that only anime can do well, but there's also something to be said about stuff that is grounded in reality that makes you feel a certain way that anime can't as well. I would hate to think of all the great stuff I would miss out on if I limited myself to just anime/manga. A lot of my favorite stuff aesthetically is from Japanese live action.

files.catbox.moe/ynp19k.webm

Genuinely good movies are very rare
Western TV is 100% garbage and never worth watching
Western comics are a joke with terrible art and writing in a stagnant industry that accepts mediocrity

Western cartoons haven’t been good since the early 2000s and western movies haven’t been good since the 80s.

I don't think it's that it can't be done in anime, it's just prohibitively expensive. God has really dedicated background artists, and He doesn't even have to pay them.

There's that, but there's a certain emotional aspect to it that's just different with live action. For example, I spent time a lot of time in Asakusa while I was in Tokyo, and the first episode of Sarazanmai is set there, and although that resonated with me, the live action shots used in the ED evoked a sense of nostalgia that drawings can't do.

Attached: 001.webm (800x450, 2.63M)

You don't find much self contained chuunishit/drama/thriller etc. in anime anymore.

I’ve liked animation in general ever since I saw WALL-E over 10 years ago
The number of unique plots that often can’t be found in Western shows
Many shows are comforting in a way that Western shows are not
The fact that anime still puts effort into making catchy opening and closing songs while Western shows no longer do since everyone just hits “skip intro” nowadays

literally because of cute girls and anime titties. also because of no jewish influence.

Attached: [Commie] Cross Ange - Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo - 02 [BD 720p AAC] [09948AD4].mkv_snapshot_16.57_[2018 (1280x720, 185K)

>hypnotizing your audience with boobs and ass
>not jewish

I don't actually

These days I mainly only read manga and only watch maybe one or two shows that are currently airing a year, sometimes even none. I still like manga because it can be really varied and interesting to read, and it doesn't take up much time reading it. Back when I was really into anime I liked it because it had more variety than western cartoons on TV at the time but after a while I started to feel that all anime was the same old shit and stopped watching it because it bored me and barely anything was animated well enough to be worth watching just as a spectacle. I used to love watching cartoons as a kid but then as I grew up they either stopped being aimed at me or they became shit all of a sudden, I still think it's think it's the latter but I can't be certain.

As for TV shows everything now takes a million hours to watch and it's too time consuming so I don't bother with it (also part of the reason I don't bother watvhing anime any more). As for movies maybe two or three things come out a year I want to watch, like John Wick 3 this year, but I usually wait to download them a few years later because I can't be arsed to go to the cinema.

Basically I like manga because it's the most varied entertainment medium in my opinion and isn't very time consuming. Pic related, Red: Living On The Edge, is one of my favourite new things I've pikce dup.

Attached: y2.jpg (1690x1200, 993K)

No other medium has CGDCT.
Plus the state of western cartoons and TV shows right now make me want to kill myself.

keep up, in zogmerica you aren't allowed to enjoy tits in the media unless they're also pushing race mixing or something.

idol shows are basically CGDCT.

Attached: Crab Slug.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

I guess you could call it nostalgia, after growing up on Disney Channel Asia

It's the only medium that (((they))) haven't gotten their money grubbing hands on yet. It will happen eventually though

>better music
fuck yes. Not just OST, but think about OPs and EDs. Hundreds of amazing artists can get their work in anime, american shows don t even try in comparison because they need to have 15 second openings anyway to fit in more commercials. Just the fact that there's an entire fucking industry dedicated to anime music is fucking astounding. That's something I could never imagine happening outside Japan and I love it.

Everything in Hollywood is a reboot, a reimaging, a remake, or a sequel. Every big movie franchise tries to rip of joss whedon's quippy style that the Marvel movies do. On top of that, now Disney controls so many properties that we might as well have less creative freedom than China.

Everything in anime is an adaptation, a reboot, or something made by people who might as well be high school amateurs. Animators can't even actually draw anymore and anything that's even the least bit complicated is farmed out to the CGI team.

I struggle to think of any standout music in western entertainment after the 90s, nowadays they just use cringy pop music or use the same loud droning "epic" marvel music.

>the only medium that (((they))) haven't gotten their money grubbing hands on yet
But Carole and Tuesday is airing this season, user.

Attached: 1555196694763.jpg (500x500, 21K)

I don't. I used to enjoy it more at some point, but it's more of a timesink than anything to me now.

They both suck, most new anime shows are only good as guilty pleasure. Waifu do not make a show good.

It's honestly fucking garbage, i enjoyed like less than half of the anime i've watched, i havent played any visual novels but i have great hopes for them.-

see

fucking weebs think their cartoons are better than quality western entertainment

Yeah anime doesn't even have diversity

When I was a child I found live action to be disgusting. I always preferred 2D and Japan is the biggest producer of it.

Don't forget Western media is obsessed with politics.

Not as jewed as other mediums

Western animation has always been better and more popular than anime. Even in Japan most people despise anime while enjoying western animation like Disney and Pixar. Only creeps watch anime.

I fucking love eurocomics, they look fucking amazing and their style/format with wider pages and detailed backgrounds is great.
But that leads into just getting a 60-80 page comics every few years, meanwhile a monthly manga has 30-50 new pages every month.

Also I used to watch anime with my older sister and read Bleach with her.

Attached: 4_01.jpg (1000x1414, 288K)

About what?

this is your brain in westen media

Attached: 1555199733307.png (356x536, 174K)

>Unique story
>Pic not related

I like manga as a medium.
1) unlike books, they're much easier and faster to read, so It's much more comfy to read while I'm using the computer;
2) the closest thing to manga are comics, but the american comic industry is rotten and obsessed with capeshit. The manga industry offers much more diversity, probably due to their model for dealing with independent artists;
3) ;
4) finding translated manga is piss easy and I already know where to look;
5) I like Yea Forums.

Anime, on the other hand, is mostly shit, but I watch simply because western TV shows are plagued with SJW propaganda.

>and why that's a GOOD thing!

Because I'm a 15 years old japanese girl trapped in the body of a 28 years old overweight guy, so I use manga and anime to escape reality and self-insert into CGDCT shows.

Attached: 1554555850822.jpg (508x382, 37K)

Modern western animation is fucking garbage, it has none of the soul or wit that golden age stuff has.

>finding translated manga is piss easy and I already know where to look;
Comics are pretty easy to find to download. I like manga too but I've run into a lot of times where nobody is translating something I want to read or you have to wait a while to be able to read new chapters.

The problem with comics is (i) their art isn't cute nor comfy; (ii) sjw stuff; and (iii) capeshit everywhere. Even if it's easy to find, it's not worth it.

when you say "westen" do you mean american

Attached: 155518093790.jpg (1228x2748, 745K)

European animation is dogshit and boring

Non-american western animation and comics are piratically nonexistent.

>practically
Fixed.

Attached: 70DBAE7D-0DC9-4C68-9929-06EA7E77F590.jpg (405x1024, 73K)

>projection.jpg

jidf belongs in /pol/

I wouldn't say all that. Manga is cool but I love Venture Bros and The Wire more than any anime

Attached: dqmh1fe9mcr11.jpg (1840x1210, 747K)

Kike nigger