Daily Aria Chapter

Navigation 15: Festa del Boccolo

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - 000.jpg (1400x1000, 376K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 141.png (976x1500, 349K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 142.png (976x1500, 323K)

Ara ara x1

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 143.png (976x1500, 289K)

Hahi x1

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 144.png (976x1500, 260K)

Ara ara x2

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 145.png (976x1500, 296K)

Hahi x2

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 146.png (976x1500, 268K)

I never liked the optimism of the main character in a slice of life CDGCT before. You name the show and I will never like the main character. But somehow between the diverse cast of Aria, my favorite character is Akari. I don't know why, but she got me.

Hahi x3
Hahi x4
Momiko x1

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 147.png (976x1500, 217K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 148.png (976x1500, 246K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 149.png (976x1500, 268K)

Momiko x2
Kinshi x1

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 150.png (976x1500, 253K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 151.png (976x1500, 250K)

Momiko x3

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 152.png (976x1500, 242K)

Momiko x4

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 153.png (976x1500, 308K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 154.png (976x1500, 294K)

A lot of other protagonists feel like they're being optimistic to be cute, but Akari feels like she really believes it.

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 155.png (976x1500, 377K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 156.png (976x1500, 329K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 157.png (976x1500, 252K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 158.png (976x1500, 244K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 159.png (976x1500, 247K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 160.png (976x1500, 285K)

Momiko x5
Kinshi x2

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 161.png (976x1500, 310K)

Momiko x6
Hahi x5
Ara ara x3
Ara ara x4

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 162.png (976x1500, 252K)

maybe you're right. She's not trying to be cute. She's expecting the world to be beautiful and in doing that, the beauty of the world is reflected by her.

Hahi x6

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 163.png (976x1500, 228K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 164.png (976x1500, 326K)

Tacky comments are prohibited.

Ara ara x5
Fun fact: In the original doesn't say much more than "This is my", so it's plausible that Alicia really didn't know what he was trying to say.

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 165.png (976x1500, 231K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 166.png (976x1500, 266K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 167.png (976x1500, 267K)

Grumpface returns

eeeeeehhhhh

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 168-169.png (2077x1500, 1.08M)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 170.png (976x1500, 285K)

Momiko x7

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 171.png (976x1500, 264K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 172.png (976x1500, 217K)

hey, Yea Forums, let's do Akari challenge. Try to see the world through her rose-tinted mirror. Maybe it can help to get you out of depression

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 173.png (976x1500, 268K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 174.png (976x1500, 335K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - Ch.15 - 175.png (976x1500, 40K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - 176.png (976x1500, 145K)

Attached: Aria - Vol.03 - 177.png (976x1500, 170K)

Attached: Vol03.7z-098.jpg (1072x1400, 165K)

前略
Festa del Bocolo is less than two weeks away. Be sure to get a rose for your favorite undine.

Tomorrow will be near the regular time. Maybe an hour early. That's all for this volume too. See you next again!

Catchphrase Counter:
Ara ara: 72
Hahi: 38
Momiko: 23
Kinshi: 15
Dekkai: 7
Suwa: 2

Attached: Vol03.7z-097.jpg (1099x1400, 255K)

Thank you for your hard work.

Thank you user

Oh

Oooooh

This deep blue.
The great mystery of this world.

Thanks for the dump! Definitely one of my favourite chapters and not just because I'm a filthy shipper who likes Akakari. It's filled with cuteness and comfiness, tugging President Aria in his little boat around while enjoying Acqua Alta barefoot.

I can't say I know much about the Festa del Boccolo, but Acqua Alta is something a bit more up my street. Let's just say that you wouldn't wanna go barefoot during Venice's Acqua Alta, that's for sure! Pack some decent boots if you're heading to town when it's expected, otherwise you'll have to either stay indoors or be forced to buy some cheap plastic temporary shoe/shin covers so you don't get all wet. While the pristine water of Neo Venezia makes for some beautiful imagery during high water, I can attest to the beauty of Venice when she's experiencing it. I remember being at the Piazza San Marco back in 2013 at around midnight, watching the square slowly (and quietly) flood with water making some gorgeous reflections appear. It was a pretty memorable moment from my first ever visit to Venice.

But then I also remember the following day, when I misjudged the depth of the water at one spot in the square and ended up hopping my way around the corner to the Giardini Reali to wring my soaked socks out.

That was the post with some actual trivia about Venice for once - and I'll be damn sure to get the most crimsonest rose for the most gorgeous Crimson Rose of them all - Akira-sama!

Attached: DSCF1359.jpg (2144x1208, 750K)

Nice. Someday I'll also visit Venice and take lots of photos there.

Impressions kinshi

I hope you enjoy yourself when you do go! And it's certainly an insanely photogenic city.

Attached: DSCF1079.jpg (1208x2144, 606K)

Completely necessary panel.

But if I did, I wouldn't be able to appreciate how precious it is when Akari does it precisely because it's so different from my worldview.

suwa, who the hell OKed that hideous LG ad there?

That's the unfortunate thing about Venice. She constantly needs touching up and renovating, but the only effective way of funding those renovations is advertising. Could be worse, you should see what they once did to the Bridge of Sighs. That chapter where Akari and Akatsuki ended up hanging around there would be so much different if it looked like this, wouldn't it!

But my photo there was taken back in 2013, and on my most recent trip last year I can confirm that the LG advert has gone, and the Museo Correr looks nice and pristine. Can't recall if the advert was there when I visited in 2016, will have to check my photos.

Attached: DSC_0018.jpg (851x1280, 227K)

Kind of sad that the fake Venice in Las Vegas had less ads than the real one.

oh, that sounds a bit more reasonable at least. i thought there was a permanent billboard there. if its covering renovation work, i guess it can't be helped.

Well during my most recent trip, I didn't see any scaffolding with advertising on any of the major sights. But still, advertisements or not - you're in Venice. The real deal. All that history, all that beauty, all that grime - it's all genuine. Not something you'd get in the glitz of Las Vegas or Paradise if we're being technical.

But then, my thoughts about the difference between Venice and The Venetian reminds me of something that's brought up in ARIA - where a character talked about Neo Venezia, if it had any merits or if it was just an imitation of the original city. Truth be told, given that much of the city (if I recall right?) was transferred brick by brick to Aqua before the whole place sunk, I think Neo Venezia is both a continuation of the original city while very much being its own, individual location.

Yeah, here's a shot from my latest trip. Still a little bit of scaffolding, but no advertisements.

Attached: Piazza2018.jpg (1200x800, 797K)

I totally get that. The big appeal of the Venetian is that it's a whole lot closer to my house. As much as they try, it does feel like a fake copy.

Attached: IMG_20180704_220300.jpg (4048x3036, 2.92M)

>it does feel like a fake copy.
It's all the plaster-work and the height limits. If you wanted to make it "feel" right you'd have to have it done properly with carved stone and real brickwork.

>The big appeal of the Venetian is that it's a whole lot closer to my house.
Oh yeah, that's something I forgot to mention. That's one of the benefits of the Venetian, or resorts like Paris Las Vegas. If you're closer to there than the actual cities, then I think it does give you the chance to have a 'taste' of the place. Perhaps not the most entirely authentic experience, and certainly not one to supplant the original - but at the end of the day, not everyone is like me, where Paris and Venice are a 'few' train rides away.

Also, I bet the water at the Venetian is much closer to Neo Venezia's than Venice's, in terms of cleanliness. Guess that depends on how much rubbish patrons throw in though!

Attached: DSCF1184.jpg (2144x1208, 659K)

In my view if you build that kind of Neo Venezia "brick by brick", employing actual stonemasons and adhering to the architectural and engineering limits typical to stone, you'll end up with good results. If you just create what are essentially mockups with the usual decorative features glued on, it'll look terrible no matter how much you try to dress it up.

>that depends on how much rubbish patrons throw in though
I'm pretty sure they have rules against that, and Las Vegas security tends not to mess around.

People throw in coins, you can see a bunch here. Not any trash though.

Attached: IMG_20180704_220401.jpg (4048x3036, 2.67M)

Right right. Definitely closer to Neo Venezia's water quality then!

Yeah, exactly. Neo Venezia isn't just plastered facades and condensed spaces, it's the actual city. Part of me seems to remember an approximate percentage of original Venetian material that got transferred to Aqua being mentioned in the series, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Attached: DSCF1202.jpg (906x1608, 442K)

Thanks OP, I've been slow reading it this week keep backlogging the threads to catch up.

Attached: 1335336362967.png (420x420, 110K)

So I re-watch anime on a Sunday evening before bed at their airing pace, I've done all of Aria, Sketchbook and Sora no Woto like this and tomorrow I need to start something else.

Anyone have any suggestions for what next, I was thinking either Non Non Biyori + Repeat, Hanasaku Iroha, Shirokuma Cafe or Hidamari Sketch I can't decide. Re-watching at the airing pace and re-enjoying the series over a much longer time span is always tends to be more fun that the first watch, just like these threads where you get to enjoy it piece by piece and savour the experience it makes it much more memorable.

I feel like Hidamari Sketch is the best choice for just plain comfy.

Attached: 6bc3b3e9ac617f5b11e2d349b02f2dbc.jpg (600x800, 119K)

For relaxing I do like the rural/scenic stuff which you don't really get from Hidamari. Non Non, or something like Flying Witch are nice for that.

>Hanasaku Iroha
>comfy
I'd go with Hakumei. Manga is super comfy too.

i think a night at the hidamari-sou would be the comfiest way to punctuate a week.

I would say Non Non only because it's a very summery show, so it's a good time to start.

hakumei to mikochi

Too recent, same reason I'm not gonna re-watch yuru camp yet.

Think you're right, Non Non next, then Hidamari for winter.

is the line on the bottom left ripper-sans hair?

Try "To Heart" (the first season) for a sort of 90's Japanese high school nostalgia trip.

i mean, she knows right? she has to know. akatsuki can't be the first or only weirdo obsessed with her.

He'll be forced to grow up a bit when she inevitably makes a daddy out of him.

Attached: 8219935c330ad887d3d0fbd37aed71c9.jpg (500x600, 59K)

Try the YKK OVAs if you haven't already.

I found NieA Under 7 to be pretty comfy too though it's not your typical CGDCT SOL

Attached: 1548570131373.jpg (720x480, 34K)

>NieA Under 7
I couldn't stand that one because when you think about it NieA is responsible for basically every single inconvenience or other bad thing that happens to the main character. I had that same problem with that one loli in Ichigo Mashimaro, the one with the red hair I think. Just one character constantly making life harder for the others.

Thanks OP
Being Akari must be really fun and comfy.

Her chesta isn't really that granz. Maybe in the future...

dekkai

I see why some readers would ship them, but I, personally, hate guys like him. Not in a shoujo protagonist tsundere "hate" way, but in "can't fucking stand how this guy behaves" way. Self-important buffoons with no sense of personal space really rustle me up. Akari is a saint to not just get a restraining order.

Grand doesn't have to be big.

Akari, next time try to make a face more Alicia like, you can't just say ara ara and ufufu and call it a day.

finally someone with some sense in these threads. god i hate akatsuki so much.

I figure the reason readers ship them is because the author very clearly does, director for the anime was allegedly a bit of a crybaby about it and omitted quite a bit of it. And I won't make excuses for Akatsuki, his whole relationship with Akari is that he teases and bullies her all the time, so while he's kind of a dick for that it's not like he does it with everyone, and Akari's tolerance for it is more than just simple patience. Like I said, he's immature now (that's a young man for you) but he'll grow up and properly cherish her in good time, he'll have to since their falling in love is pretty much inevitable.
You can if you want, Akari doesn't.

Attached: 1449135026745.jpg (818x1200, 318K)

Put Yuyushiki somewhere in your list.

>I figure the reason readers ship them is because the author very clearly does, director for the anime was allegedly a bit of a crybaby about it and omitted quite a bit of it.
I've also heard rumours that the Arietta was deliberately heavy about the relationship between Akari/Alicia. Do you know if there's a kernel of truth in that?

>Neo Venetia
>Ancient Romans built sewers even in the shittiest towns
>Venetia still hasn't fixed sewage
>Make a cute anime girl walk in fecal waters
WHY?

Attached: 1533073087878.png (853x482, 433K)

Well it isn't exactly debatable that there are at least a couple chapters in the manga pretty much dedicated to showing that Akari and Akatsuki are going to end up together, moments that were conveniently never adapted as well as other moments of relationship development they had that were dropped in favor of focusing very heavily on Akari's bond with Alicia. I'm not going to fly off the handle and suggest the staff were such militant yurifags that they intentionally tried to make the show as gay as possible, just as I won't support the notion that the author married off the most heavily yurishipped characters to men as a form of retaliation or some such, I'm just saying that it's evident which direction the studio was working in when they chose to make these decisions.

Fortunately key plot points like Aika falling in love with Al and the revelation that her admiration for Alicia was always just a very strong sense of respect and not one of romance were a bit too much to work around so they had to play fair on that.

Attached: 1467132838326.png (282x206, 113K)

Well, it's difficult to implement sewers into a city that's built on marshy islands. With the marsh itself having hundreds of thousands of tree trunks hammered into it to form some sort of foundation to lay stone atop. And even then, where would the sewers lead? To the Lagoon, no doubt. From what I know, the city does use septic tanks but yes, some waste does end up going into the canals. But the tides flush the matter out, and the canals themselves mostly smell like your typical coastal town. It's certainly nowhere near the state the Thames got to before they built the Embankment.

At the end of the day, you can see for yourself that Neo Venezia has none of those issues, and that Akari and Akatsuki can happily walk barefoot in it. Sure Aqua is more 'inconvenient' than Manhome, but they definitely don't shirk on sanitation.

Ah no, sorry. I didn't mean to come across as doubting you initially regarding Akatsuki and Akari's relationship in the manga, I was just hoping to hear your thoughts on the Arietta thing as, much as I love the Arietta, some aspects did feel a bit heavyhanded regarding Akari and Alicia. Thanks for providing your insight though!

Attached: 1371165555481.jpg (712x480, 42K)

It's probably just an extension of the business logic that leads to so many male free CGDCT anime. There is an audience demand, and not much to gain by giving prominence to a dude who was never a favourite at the best of times.
Amano was already successful enough not to have to worry about that.

Does Venice actually stink in the summer?
The only time I went was in February, and it was fine. A great holiday, really.

I've not been in summer myself. November and March are when I've dropped by and I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary.

But just having a quick review, household waste gets deposited into the canals twice a day alongside the tides, so they get washed out into the ocean and exchange old water with the new. Though there are approximately 6000 septic tanks in use around the city to treat the water before flushing it into the canals, many still rely on the old method of the tides.

Attached: ehhhhhh.png (342x447, 600K)

Anime makers could've totally gotten away with creating a slightly different version of events if not for sudden revelation of Aria being a Sith company that has to follow a Rule of Two.

And then same thing repeated with Amanchu adaptation. Anime original ending of S1 gave people cruel hope that brown trap (that Pikari apparently all but dated behind Teko's back) destroyed.

To be honest, I was bored of Amanchu before he even showed up.
And I'm a certified scuba diver and huge Aria fan.

also didn't people get annoyed as hell when the girls in amanchu got boyfriends or whatever?

Ah, well always glad to discuss Aria in any capacity, but I won't lie that the cute bits of romance in the series are a big bonus for me, but I like all the relationships the characters have for what they are. This is just a somewhat rare example of an SoL where the love shared between female characters, while undeniably strong, is ultimately platonic. It's an important distinction to make with a story like this, I think.
Well you're not wrong, but I feel they shot themselves in the foot by somewhat glossing him over, people probably wouldn't dislike him as much if they'd shown that there's more to their relationship than him just bullying her all the time. It took me a little while to actually start liking him too, but once I read through a couple of the chapters focusing more on the two of them I came to see how precious it is the way she's gradually breaking through that hard crabby exterior of his.

I meant to post this page with that post

Attached: 1449134267892.jpg (818x1200, 311K)

what does the momi in momiko come from anyway

I'm a massive yurifag most of the time, but I see Aria in a similar way with regards to romance and relationships.

Amanchu felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be.

Momiage. Can't look up the etymology of that at the moment

yeah, i just watched arietta, they are just very close to each other, there is nothing to imply a yuri relationship. close personal relationships are kind of a taboo in the US, that may have a part here.

i should also add that i find the relationship between a man and a woman deplorable.

oh, makes sense. i'm used to that meaning sideburns a la rolling girls but apparently it works for both

well, akari keeps saying she isn't momiko, so maybe it doesn't actually work for both.

i just read that as her not liking being called that but that'd work too

Nice to see someone who recognises Akira's obvious perfection.