One shot by some 13 year old. thoughts?

One shot by some 13 year old. thoughts?

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 1.png (1120x1600, 707K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 2.png (1120x1600, 1023K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 3.png (1120x1600, 1000K)

Kinda doubt it's a 13yo but what do I know

>by some 13 year old
I just lost most interest.

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 4.png (1120x1600, 1008K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 5.png (1120x1600, 976K)

>another straight white girl having romantic relationship with straight white guy.
I'll pass.

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 6.png (1120x1600, 997K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 7.png (1120x1600, 1.01M)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 8.png (1120x1600, 1017K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 9.png (1120x1600, 990K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 10.png (1120x1600, 935K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 11.png (1120x1600, 922K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 12.png (1120x1600, 919K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 13.png (1120x1600, 951K)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 14.png (1120x1600, 1.09M)

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 15.png (1120x1600, 960K)

last page

Attached: Tidings of Snow - Oneshot - 16.png (1120x1600, 967K)

Actually quite decent

Looks as good as some much older and more experienced professional artists, though I wouldn't say the artstyle nor the writing were anything special. Still, it's nice to see such a young person get published, I hope she keeps finding success and grows.

The industry will destroy her

Depends on where she gets published. Some magazines are way more lenient with deadlines and the like than others, not everyone is Jump.

Is that you Nadeko? I thought you were into the self insert shoujo scene?

cute

Jesus that's fucking professional

Is there a German word for the feeling you get when someone less than half your age exhibits much more ability than yourself in your field of interest?

Seeing stuff like this makes me want to create something. You really don't even have to be good to make a manga. I've seen published authors draw simply/amateurish, so it's not like you have to start off great. This girl is amazing though. She must have worked really hard to get to this level. I hope she can continue to grow and develop her stories more.

Every field of interest has their geniuses. It's definitely not the norm. If teenagers drawing Sonic OCs on deviantart are better than you then you have a problem.

Donnerwetter

she draws well for someone that young

Looks bland, characters are too cliché, story is not captivating at all.

Only thing captivating is that it has "13year old's debut" on cover.

Eifersucht

i actually really like kuuderes in shoujo
better than the blushing at everything girls
what i really want is a yandere shoujo mc though (but not the guy of course, that's already common)

no fucking way a 13 yo drew this
a talented 15 year old maybe
but then again the story and framing are just generic enough to make it somewhat believable

Chaos Syndrome

Attached: 1553689815555.jpg (720x821, 54K)

Attached: h-2-1305-elf-guard.jpg (400x300, 37K)

For a 13 year old, the art is impressive. But that's about it. I'm not the one to label people, but a 13 year old can't possibly have enough life experience to write a story that feels somewhat real and influenced by the authors experience. As a 13 year old I though being an adult is fucking amazing and life is perfect. But well, I can surely see this kid becoming a mangaka in the future.

xkcd is a pretty good example as well, he can't really draw for shit but he made it anyway

wtf is this crap it's like it was written by a 12 year old

xkcd is not at all about the drawings

1. Not every 13 year old is the same with the same sheltered life experience
2. A lot of anime/manga are not influenced by life either, but by the author consuming other media
2. It's a manga directed at her age group, so it's not out of the ordinary to have someone that age write one. Maybe it would be different if she was writing a story about adults.

New writers fucking loves internal monologues as far as my confirmation bias says.

But seriously, I wish I'd had her motivation when I was 13, all I did was masturbate.

>snow setting
>convinient white background

>Genki boy and kuudere autist
This 13 year old has good taste

Sure, you are not wrong. Every person is different, some 13 yo's are far more experienced than others, but I still believe that in a few years a mind of, let's say, a 17 year old will be able to apply more thought into the story. Even if it's not through experience, but media consumption, 4 or 5 years will still make a difference. And it's not me going hard on the author or being butt hurt about the success of such a young person - being able to produce a "pretty damn good" level of art and an "okay" story at this age is a damn achievement, I'm really looking forward to seeing her develop into an amazing mangaka.

Reminds me of the manga Nadeko "wrote"

I hate the fact that this person has achieved more at 13 than I ever will in my entire life.
I'm jealous and I hope this person fails and has to give up all he dreams.
So i'm with this guy here

>4 or 5 years will still make a difference
Oh yeah, definitely. A lot of maturation happens at that stage, even 10 years down the road. It will be cool to see how she develops in the future.

if youre getting this type of exposure at 13 you either are from a rich family or have good connections, maybe both, eitherway this kid is already set for success regardless of quality

Paneling and flow is way too professional for a 13 year old. Probably extensively tutored at an early age.

wtf this is actually good, it's not fair

>when the boy is cuter than the girl

Attached: 1524410024140.png (500x489, 145K)

I can "one shot" inside the author, that's for sure.

well this 13 year old is probably rich, had help and or has connections in the industry

him being 13 years old is just a major selling point so they give him all the credit, as is usually the case with these 'prodigees"

Stop being stupid and read the first page thoroughly.

I look forward to seeing what she will be creating in ten years time. She's too young to be a good writer yet.

I did, what are you getting at?
Everything I said is true

Mangakas' success stories are just spamming magazines with manuscripts until one of them gets accepted. It's the Japan way.

Wining a newcomer award a magazine holds gets your one shot published in said magazine. I doubt connections had much to do with it since this thing doesn't seems to be an outlier in terms of quality.

Attached: nadekko.jpg (1491x2083, 561K)

fail
only serves to further highlight now little writing talent & life experience it takes to become a mangaka

Gotta agree with in all likelihood the winner was picked simply because the artwork was good and the artist was a kid. The story itself is bland, with nothing to set itself apart from the thousands of entries that were likely submitted.

As for wither or not the kid had a connection make a recommendation, I would not be surprised if that were the case. From my understanding a lot of entries in these contests don't even get a look beyond the cover page. And since the story is bland, the only selling point falls back to the artist's age. Which the screeners would only know if it was a recommendation.

it's the everywhere way.
plenty of aspiring authors go through literally dozens of publishing houses before they can get someone to look at their manuscript

yiff in hell

Kill yourself tranny nigger

Get out.