Dororo

>there are people who actually support Daigo's decision to sacrifice his own child to demons

Attached: Dororo-10.1.png (500x281, 231K)

killed millions to save billions etc

I'd gladly sacrifice OP to the demons

Daigo would pull the lever. Could you?

Attached: 09-trolley.w700.h700.jpg (611x611, 31K)

There are two points that people are missing with thinking that's the case here

>he made a deal with demons
>he sacrificed his own flesh and blood son

Either of those is already a much bigger sin than simply doing something "for the greater good" and that's why he's evil.

It is a decision that serves the needs of the many over the needs of the few, and it can certainly be done with good intentions. But Daigo never truly cared about the suffering of his people, he only cared about his own power.

>Killing one small baby
>Letting thousands of people die of starvation because there's not enough rain
Pick one.

I don't get why this is even a discussion.

Because that small baby is his son. His family. Family always comes first, much before any prosperity for your land.

So would you kill a close family member if it meant saving thousands of starving niggers in Africa?

Well? Would you?

He had Tahomaru anyway, who is a good boy.

Making a deal with the demons was the last thing to do in a desperate situation.
The demons chose to take his newborn son's body, but when he made the pact he accepted to sacrifice WHATEVER the demons wanted from him.
Is he doing this mostly for himself than for his people? Sure, but his land is also benefitting from the deal.

also he wanted power, let's try to not ignore that the bastard big reason was that.

Attached: g4169.png (1920x3240, 2.56M)

In the anime, Daigo didn't even sacrifice his son; he just didn't care when his son turned out to be the sacrifice.

Hyakkimaru was already born cursed and it was the demons that decided he was the victim for the deal to become effective, most of you miss the point that Daigo was ready to sacrifice everything he own (except of course his land and his status)

>was ready to sacrifice everything he own
Including his wife. My question stands. Would you or would you not?

He didn't have Tahomaru when he sacrificed Hyakkimaru.

>Making a deal with the demons was the last thing to do in a desperate situation.
The so-called "desperate" situation was a drought, why not relocate to somewhere else closer to a water source if your land is dying? There were a lot more options than making a deal with demons.
And if he still wanted to keep being stubborn, then why not offer to sacrifice himself?

I don't see it as killing his child for his own personal gains though. He did it to save his people. Think of it like an abortion that had the consequence of saving the lives of thousands of people dependent on him.

>Would you do a late term abortion to get wealth, power and the love of thousands of people?
Well sure, it's not like I've invested a lot of time and effort into the kid yet.

Daigo is resposible for the greatest tragedy in Dororo; because of him Hyakkimaru doesn't know how cute he is

Attached: sc54323.png (1268x1392, 1.26M)

No user, he did it for his own personal gains. Saving his people was a fortunate byproduct of that.

Abortion is different because the baby is still barely alive and human, Hyakki was already alive, ready and born(Not to mention his wife went thought excruciating labor), then, the demons took all of his organs. That's just cruelty.
And in the end, his family suffering should have meant more to him than his land suffering.

If I was Daigo? I sure would. Daigo thinks like a ruler, not like a father or a husband. He has a pragmatic view of the world.
Also keep in mind that the concept of "family" back then was very different from today.

>If I was Daigo?
I am not asking Daigo. I am asking you. If you wouldn't, then I don't understand why you're so adamantly defending his actions.

>I don't care about the historical context. I care about my feelings and I don't understand why you would defend something that hurts my feelings.

>Daigo thinks like a ruler, not like a father or a husband. He has a pragmatic view of the world.
Rulers with no humanity will eventually lose their own.
Then, they will be no different than a machine who has no morals or emotions.

This is your brain on cognitive dissonance.

Attached: 1432323608731.png (450x449, 171K)

>Hyakki was already alive, ready and born
No he wasn't, he made the deal before he was born. The demons only acted AFTER he was born, but that's irrelevant.

This. Also if Daigo was such a selfless ruler he'd just sacrifice himself instead of fucking up his family.

>I don't see it as killing his child for his own personal gains though. He did it to save his people.
He did it for both.

Likewise Hyakkimaru isn't in the wrong for saving people and restoring himself even if it results the land going to shit.

I haven't read Dororo specifically but all the Tezuka manga I have read are full of some amount of moral ambiguity like this. Not to the extent that there isn't a good guy and a bad guy but it's never simply because they are evil. It's been many years but I think even his slapstick Hitler was surprisingly endearing

Daigo bad. His intentions bad.
But his "decision" to save the majority isn't.
That's why there are people who
>Support Daigo's decision
Not the man himself.
It's that fucking simple.
But brainlets and fujofags are completely blind and only want to ramble their hate about how big of a bad cunt Daigo is.

It is irrelevant, the bottom line is that it's crueler this way.

>Rulers with no humanity will eventually lose their own.
True leaders have to abandon their humanity to successfully rule. If you don't, you wont be able to make decisions that make any sort of difference. You have to make sacrifices in order to progress to a better world.

Deals of faust, has nothing good with it.

I think you suffered a stroke, user.

The point is that he did it for himself, BUT his desires match with his people's needs.
It's seriously not deep to grasp, you blindly accusing Daigo if being evil are hilarious. Read some history book.

THIS.

This.
This thread is full of people that haven't had to make a tough decision in their entire lives.

You have to have morals as a ruler, or else you'll have no concept of good or evil.

>Read some history book
>look at me I'm o so educated
Fuck off to rebbit, you obnoxious pseud.

You have to draw the line somewhere.
You can't discard every bit of humanity you have, that's literally what differentiates a good ruler from just a blind tyrant.

>concept of good or evil
Good and evil aren't absolute and can be subjective.

Every good ruler has the potential to become a blind tyrant with enough time in power. It's human nature.

>Let's make a deal with a devil. What could be possibly go wrong
heh

Daigo isn't a tyrant though.

I'll just learn the fiddle and challenge him to a duel if it goes bad :^)

It's more telling that, after obtaining the assistance of demons for drought relief, he didn't bother to improve his land's infrastructure or any other measures afterwards & just continued to rely on the demons' blessings to handle everything.

The assumption is that there is only two choices.

Another choice is to fight the demons and win like Daigo in the theatre play.

Another choice is to swear fealty or give up his position to the neighbouring clans, i.e. sacrifice his own ambition.

>why not relocate to somewhere else closer to a water source if your land is dying?
It'd be a lot more complicated than just relocating, plus all his neighbors were starting to get tense and relocation would make Daigo extremely vulnerable

I would, I don't actually fell empathy towards family or any person for the matter, so the numbers is the only valid argument.

Attached: 1555155521390.jpg (400x400, 30K)

abortion is murder

nothing wrong with murdering a worthless parasite that lives inside your body though

>"omg he's so evil"
>gets an abortion

Hows does him being evil negate the benfits of the deal that was made? Daigo didnt even know they would take his son, the worst thing he did was abandon hyakki when he was born after seeing what had been done.

Good decision from a pragmatic standpoint, but Daigo doesn't seem all too remorseful by what he did, and I'm pretty sure he had some "mustache-twirl moments of evilness" that kinda ruin the dilemma anyways

>why not relocate to somewhere else closer to a water source if your land is dying?
How was he supposed to take his entire town's population and just migrate somewhere else while there was a literal war going on?

Hyakkimaru is incredibly obviously The Chosen One sent to answer the prayers of the faithful, which is why the demons took his flesh and why he survived without most of his organs.

But even without that, Buddhism is big on gracefully accepting suffering and giving up worldly desires. Obviously people dying from a famine is stretching the limits of what suffering can be tolerated, but considering Daigo's land is apparently surrounded by wealthy warlords there's absolutely no reason why his people have to suffer when he could just let his lands be annexed.

why doesn't he sacrifice himself?

because he wanted power

You can't rule the land if you are dead and he has no successor who would be of age.

Do you people not think when you type?

>sacrificed himself
>government collapsed
>country is no more and the people are raped and killed by the neighbors
Wooooow.

That is manga Daigo.
The new Daigo is well-written, not a forcedly evil character Tezuka originally created for the sake of having a villain. He's calm and rational, and he wasn't initially driven by inherently evil motivations.

He asked and they didn't take it.

Didn't catch the thread when the episode aired, so what's Yea Forums's opinion on the new op? Better than FIYAAAH? Do you miss the party?

I like it

Suffocating newborn children was common back in that era as a way of population control. Pretty much every family did after they had 3 or so kids. So sacrificing 1 more to save the country isn't so bad.

It aint dissonance if the circumstances and context are so far detached that it really cant be compared just in the difference of how we see relationships. Would you let your son be castrated by the chrch so that his voice register stays very high up? It will net you status and money to survive.
Situations and times change, it is retarded to think you would be excempt from the social influences of the time when YOU are being influences by your social reality at this moment to virtue signal.
TL;DR - If you lived in nazi germany, you would be a nazi, you dipshit

but you invited it in yourself
isnt it kind of fucked up to first invite someone in knowing exactly what his stay would entail
and to then kill him when you feel like it?

>Abortion is different because the baby is still barely alive and human,
Eh! Well about that....

It's really mediocre. I liked Kaen better, but even that one never grew on me, only the visuals were great.

Its fine, old OP was way better though.

Does this show get better? I'm on episode 8 and already bored of the monster of the week format.

No

7 and 8 are anime original, the writing is poorer. If you don't like motw formula you can always watch it for Hyakkimaru dealing with his family. There's also a subplot focused on Dororo episode 13 hinted at.

Anyone else feel like something's missing from this show?
Even if they're kinda far apart I can't help but compare this show to Casshern Sins, with two seemingly immortal warriors roaming the lands trying to uncover parts of their past. Its a stretch, I know.
Feels to me like this show is missing good music and scenery, feels like the show is constantly out of breath and trying to progress without pause without ever really giving you the chance to immerse yourself better into the world or building up a better releationship to the characters

If you're not liking it now you won't like the later episodes either

Thanks pals. Looks like it's a dropper for me.

>Either of those is already a much bigger sin than simply doing something "for the greater good" and that's why he's evil.

The dude has the good of his domain to think about. Personal ambition aside, his people would have starved if he hadn't sacrificed his son.

If I was the king of the niggers, yes.

Otherwise I don't care. Not my problem.

>sacrifice the immortal soul of an innocent child for the sake of mortal prosperity for your people
In a world where such things are real the answer is obvious, just let them starve it's not like their suffering is eternal unlike with the child you condemned to be the strap-on for a bunch of demons.
>b..but muh starving childrens
fuck them a single soul trumps a bunch of dead peasants.

>sacrifice the immortal soul of an innocent child
>fuck them a single soul trumps a bunch of dead peasants
>bunch of starving children with souls
>fuck them over for one "special" protagonist child
braindead

dying normally does not condemn your soul to be fucked by demons you dunce.

>niggers
no
>white people
probably not but there's a chance

>mfw being this twelve

Attached: 1554196441522.png (551x550, 471K)