"I think there is a chance that the spread of Japanese animation overseas might only lead to embarrassment."

>"I think there is a chance that the spread of Japanese animation overseas might only lead to embarrassment."

Ouch. Harsh, but fair. Was he correct in saying this? Personally, it's going to be a "yes" from me, and additionally I think that adults who obsess with mediocre shows aimed at teenagers to sell toys (works by KyoAni, SHAFT, etc) are immensely pathetic and need to get some self-awareness.

Attached: 1549598793945.jpg (780x542, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1674798
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, everything he says is right.

>I'm better than the rest of you tasteless faggots!

Attached: You're here for a reason, Walker.jpg (715x715, 201K)

Do you think that a jury would understand if I told them that I killed a guy because he made retarded threads on Yea Forums?

nice numbers

>(works by KyoAni, SHAFT)
You mean Toei,Sunrise

I'm sure they would if you presented the threads in question to them, Quad Fürher.

Attached: happy hitler.jpg (639x794, 129K)

Definitely agreed. These cartoons are aimed at children. Teenagers.

Yeah Shazam is very funny!So adult!!

[citation needed]

miyazaki is a hack

I just marathoned the entire Attack on Titan anime and I have to say I'm grateful to Japan for making it. That was a lot of fun.

Real talk.
The businessman in suit knows about that topic more than him.

>fun
That metricfuckton of nothing around the middle wasn't fun at all.

>shows aimed at teenagers to sell toys (works by KyoAni, SHAFT, etc)

Ooh, and you were so close to making actually believable bait. Try to be a little more careful next time.

I must've missed that.

You must have slept through a lot of it, then.
I can't think of another anime that was so liberal with stretching events for all their worth.

He is correct, given anime pushed to the west are crap like Carole and Tuesday or Trigger shit. People who watched them will rightfully thing anime is just same dumb cartoons for kids.

Well there's One Piece for example. Attack on Titan felt pretty tight to me.

Didn't he think wearing jeans and cars were too western and didn't like them?

He never said that and you're a four hundred pound virgin. These are the facts.

He lives under a fucking rock. Why are you believing anything he says about pop culture.

Of course it felt tight, you've only seen two anime. Come back when you've seen more.

I wanna spread Miyazaki boypussy.

He's right. His movies are downright embarrassing.

As opposed to what the general public has always regarded anime as? And always will no matter what?

Attached: mpv-shot0069.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Where is the article and interview in which he said this/context? I might agree or disagree given the context.

I don't really feel like it, I already saw the best ones (Attack on Titan and HunterxHunter 2011) so what's the point in watching more? I've mastered anime now so I can just move on to something else.

retweeted

Attached: 8CA50D61-E4D8-4CBE-81F5-6D0B59C24A9E.png (673x676, 391K)

When you say "general public" you mean "American public". The rest of the world doesn't share your idiocy.

truly epic post

Now you're just baiting.

Attached: 1542672652456.jpg (401x386, 26K)

>Attack on Titan felt pretty tight to me
You mean the series where events that should take up no more than a couple of minutes would be stretched over half of an episode? Yeah, tight.
I still get flashbacks about that fucking boulder.

Yeah anime is childish. Not like western media like superheroes and star wars. Grown up stuff for grown ups like me

Attached: SOOY.gif (413x243, 51K)

Be honest now. When you saw the OP and entered this thread, did you expect anything else?

Attached: 1488492174619.png (704x630, 278K)

I'm not a burger, mate.
Why don't you tell me where you live, then? I'd really like to hear about this place where anime isn't a niche hobby that's generally looked down upon.

Attached: mpv-shot0320.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

Finland. Ever heard of Moomins? They're kind of a big deal. Also has a beloved anime that everyone and their mom has seen and liked.

>Ouch
>it's going to be a "yes" from me
Fuck off to wherever you came from and stop typing like a retard while you're at it.

How is he wrong?

Attached: trigger prostitution 1.jpg (800x800, 137K)

actually disgusting post

Attached: file.png (1911x1064, 1.37M)

why would he think that?

Attached: mpv-shot0010 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

why does she have two pantsu lol

I take it you've never been to a beach.

I don't get why Miyazaki fails to be more systems minded in an industry where studios rely on a process of being able to make more hits than flops in order to survive. They're not going to seppuku themselves over the occasional failure. Is schlock going to make it to other shores? Yes, but that's also ignoring the factor of time and probability.

He’s right in the fact modern anime is mostly made for otaku by otaku compared to him and others who used real life experience to write his stories and characters.

Since otaku are people who don’t like being around normal people.

You can tell when an anime is made for otaku, look at the framing, style, tropes and design.

You think something an example like Eromanga Sensei was made for a broad audience by a non-anime fan or for horny loli nerds by the same people who grew up binging Lolita Anime. (By otaku I meant hardcore fans as it usually implies).

Based, disgusting weebs must die.

Did he elaborate on that?

japanese colonel sanders should just die

>Eromanga Sensei
Was normalfag trash, what are you on to?
It's like the Big Bang Theory there

The real fun starts next season.

>mediocre shows aimed at teenagers to sell toys
>KyoAni
More like fucking Sunrise. I know this is a bait thread but what the fuck? You could've done more research, newfag. Kyoani are one of the few good studios today.

Attached: 483409343254509343.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Like finding out what the actual fuck is Reiner's problem?

is he talking about idolshit?

It's basically non-existent outside dedicated internet communities.
Not even Kpop is that popular.

Thanks captain obvious, everybody already knows that all animation aimed at any public other than little kids (meaning 6 year olds MAX) is inherently cringe.

are western shows any better nowadays? I'm long past the time I could tolerate obligatory faggot couples, evil white guys and wise magical negros

Attached: 1548948746974.jpg (500x667, 90K)

Based.
Anime belongs to Japs, American animation belongs to Americans.

>Western media
>capeshit
>"reality" TV
>procedural drama
>celebrity gossip and rumors

If normalfags want normalfaggot anime, they can vote for more with their dollars or make it themselves. Otherwise they can eat shit. They aren't entitled to anything.

Got was good , but nowdays it feels like a bad fanfiction. I hate how normies think that Daenerys is some king of hero. She is just deranged spawn of incest. In the context of book it makes sense because she is following her fathers footsteps but in show she is portrayed as a freedom figther and le strung wymen.

He's a faggot. Only blowhards and incels care about looking mature, that's why SnK is so popular, because normalfags can defend their "childish" hobby by pointing out how mature it is by the amount of blood and gore it has. Fuck that shit, if I want to enjoy a comfy SoL show I'm going to enjoy it regardless of what a fucking 90 year old faggot says

Blood and gore don't make things more mature, only teenagers think that. Adults don't care for it.

Considering anime is the most mainstream it has been in years yet normalfags still associate anime with him, and how most of the mainstream anime are normalfag bait as fuck, I'd say he was dead wrong.

>Kyoani are one of the few good studios today.
Go watch something other than kuoani newkek. You're embarrasing yourself.

Attached: 123092189328932.png (455x515, 434K)

imagine being so ant-brained you reach the conclusions the show-runners want want you to reach because your shallow critique is free advertising and makes the show look better

To put it simply: no. At least not the popular mainstream ones and especially not the cartoons. There is some good stuff, but like with anime you have to dig around to find most of it.

Yes.

Good. Anime should have a perpetual preb filter. Last thing I want is for it to be broadly appealing enough it loses it's root and becomes westernized to pander to international audiences

>trust fund babies deserve to control culture

It seems to be a pretty common thought process among thinskins and faggots. I remember people making that same complaint about Spec-ops Asuka despite the violence being tame and the series clearly not taking itself 100% seriously. I sometimes see Hellsing criticized for this as well, which is extra retarded to anyone that has actually payed attention to the series.

Attached: p.jpg (890x1280, 161K)

I watch at least half of all the shit that every season and have done so for years. They are currently one of if not the best studio.

>Go watch something other than
Like what, nigger?

>capitalism

MAPPA, David, Madhouse, White Fox, and 3hz are all better than KyoAni. Hell, TMS and Production IG on a good day is better than most of KyoAni's output.

My point exactly. Miyazaki is still stuck in that teenager mentality

"Desert" has nothing to do with it. If normalfags cared about anime, it would show. They generally don't and it doesn't, so their whining isn't worth dick.

>MAPPA
They're probably number 5 right now. Kakegurui was good for modern shit and Dororo is amazing but they're fucking unreliable. Don't you remember how fucking disgustingly awful Inuyashiki was?

>Madhouse
Not anymore or for the foreseeable future. I respect them but they died with Redline.

>White Fox
After CGI Slayer? No.

>3hz
They're number 3 right now.

>Production IG
Fuck that kuso LOTGH garbage? Nope.

>David
They're good but not better than Kyoani. Also Bones are better than every studio you listed.

American cartoons are usually injected with sjw approved themes. Equally retarded as otakupandering anime.

Why do Westerntards suck this dude's dick so hard? His work will always be Japanese Disneyshit to the masses, and that's not a bad thing. But he's not the alpha and omega of anime.

kek. I've never seen a man more based.

>Evil white guys

Evil white guys always existed in Western media, you were just okay with it when the protagonist was also a white male.

You were okay with the "faggot couple" when they place appropriately in the background and were considered a joke that straight men could simply laugh at. Either that, or it was a lesbian couple that you could jack off to.

Magical negros/asians/latinos/indians also existed, they were hardly ever main characters until recently. They were always playing the supporting role to main character who were almost always white and male.

>are western shows any better nowadays?
Define "western". Hollywood creates shit like always but west is a diverse world. For example if you want to watch the greatest hardboiled crime fiction on this earth then you need to check finnish ones. Below is the best of the best

imdb.com/title/tt1674798

Don't worry Miyazaki-san, your cuisine was already an embarrassment but we don't hate you for it.

Why is he so based

>that level of insecurity
When will he finally stop working?

He's working on two more movies right now. He realized he spent his entire life at the office and after alienating Goro with his dickery he has nobody to spend time with outside of work.

Sorry that the rest of the world doesn't share you childishness.

Those quads might confirm that.

>rest of the world
By which you mean the United States.

Attached: mizayaki pickle rick.png (1868x139, 31K)

hmm

When I watch something like Kaiji or Lupin I feel great enjoyment, I strongly disagree with him

>I think that adults who obsess with mediocre shows aimed at teenagers to sell toys (works by KyoAni, SHAFT, etc) are immensely pathetic and need to get some self-awareness.
Imagine unironically caring if some faggot thinks your interests are up to his standard of "cool"

Unironically based, I wish I was you

>Maybe If I will make the same post a month later nobody will notice I'm a faggot

You got more than sufficient answers back then, faggot. You are misconstruing him to prove your shit taste is worth anything.

You were told you are a fag back then yet you still choose to remake this thread the exact same way.

I hope you fall off a tall bridge and paint the rocks with your remains.

Yes, yes HOWEVER:
>“Americans shoot things and they blow up and the like, so as you’d expect, they make movies like that,” said Miyazaki at the time.

“If someone is the enemy, it’s okay to kill endless numbers of them,” he continued. “Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers. That falls within collateral damage. How many people are being killed in attacks in Afghanistan? The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”

>“Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing. You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot. Watching [those movies] without any self-awareness is unbelievable. There’s no pride, no historical perspective. You don’t know how you are viewed by a country like America.”

>“I dislike the United States that dropped the nuclear bombs and does not regret it.” He added that he was “against Americanization” and “hate[d] people who are proud that cheap Japanese cars are popular in America, and I look at people who wear badges of the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force that filled Vietnam with dioxins as enemies.” He also claimed to be “Anti-jeans, anti-bourbon, anti-burgers”, “Anti-fried chicken, anti-cola, anti-American coffee”, and “Anti-New York, Anti-West Coast, Disneyland go back to America!”

TOLKIEN BAD
CIVILIZATION BAD
NATURE GOOD
ANIME BAD
COMPUTERS BAD
HOOLLYWOOD ALSO BAD
WEST BAD

TOTORO GOOD
WAR PLANES GOOD
GHIBLI GOOD
BUY MY FILMS
DISNEY ONLY GOOD WHEN THEY DISTRIBUTE MY MOVIES
WAITO PIGGU GO HOME

Attached: n-miyazaki-b-20140830-870x720.jpg (870x720, 71K)

Is this the Japanese Bill Cosby?