Why does Crynchyroll allow Horriblesubs to continue existing...

Why does Crynchyroll allow Horriblesubs to continue existing, when it should be very easy to prove in court that they've been systematically stealing their shit for ages and sharing it with the world?

>18 U.S.C. ยง 2319(b). (1) shall be imprisoned not more than 5 years, or fined in the amount set forth in this title, or both, if the offense consists of the reproduction or distribution, including by electronic means, during any 180-day period, of at least 10 copies or phonorecords, of 1 or more copyrighted works, which have a total retail value of more than $2,500; (2) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, or fined in the amount set forth in this title, or both, if the offense is a felony and is a second or subsequent offense.

Attached: 55.jpg (669x430, 24K)

Because CR runs Horriblesubs.

If that were the case, HS would be a giant turd too.

>which have a total retail value of more than $2,500
There you go, CR is a streaming service not a retail service.

Horriblesubs is controlled piratery that prevents actual fansubs from existing.

but actual fan subs still exist they just take time and effort

To what end? Controlled Opposition has to have a purpose.
Fansubs might be kill, but people are still not obligated to pay for CR's shit, since HS and others put it all out for free.

Attached: mpv-shot0548.png (768x576, 518K)

allow? there is nothing they can do about it

Speedsubs are really the only thing that would "compete" with CR, and those are pretty dead

cause cr was born from stealing fansub

that's why I dont follow the seasonal anime anymore I wait for all the good shows to rise to the top. then when the BD rips come out the dedicated groups can sub them on there own time. if there's something that's a must watch HS really isn't to terrible since its free.

Even if you assigned some small value, like one cent, derived from subscription averages or licensing cost to each episode you'd still easily pass those requirements.

Fakku was from similar roots but they hand out the C&D like candy.

The amount of people who torrent anime are in the thousands. It wouldn't be worth the lawyer fees. Most people watch anime on their iPhones anyway.

Yes, but that's now how the law works

Attached: Jake the fucking jew.png (1152x1536, 267K)

So you mean make up a rule that isn't in the rule?

>Most people watch anime on their iPhones anyway

Attached: mpv-shot0320.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

I'm sure if they ever got big enough or got some new leadership that was more desperate they were do the same, but for now there's some sort of "balance". Even if things changed though all that would mean is people would use more direct downloads or VPNs or whatever and shit would carry on through other sites

Fighting online piracy is a useless fight that could never be won through lawsuits.

By the time you fight off a single service you have 100 in its place.

The only way to fight digital piracy in any way shape or form is to offer something good enough that nobody would bother pirating.

Also crunchy's a distribution service not an owner. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe they themselves can't sue pirate services, the owners of the copyright ( anime/franchise) will have to be the one to step in.

Attached: 1546895104986.jpg (1027x765, 305K)

I mean user isn't wrong. the amount of active torrents for anime is only in the thousands. the rest is the un washed normie masses watching with CR on their iPhones and playstations.

that girl is really cute

I like to think they remember where they came from, like that chicken who remembers it was once an egg

She smells like an old man though.

I was under the assumption that fakku was chill.
Mind enlightening me?
It would be really ironic if a company that started out as another hentai library would step on the feet of others once it went legal.

I'm not necessarily challenging his statement, it's just that some more information on the matter (as in, actual numbers) would be nice.
I should have probably cleared that up.

no bully pls

Attached: 1542693498898.png (720x720, 307K)

Fakku takes their chill mask off the moment you upload one of the works they've licensed.

>I was under the assumption that fakku was chill.
How in the world?
>It would be really ironic if a company that started out as another hentai library would step on the feet of others once it went legal.
You mean exactly what Fakku did?

Attached: wha wha wha.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

Hello newfriend. Look up wani drama on sadpanda.

What's there to say? They license H-manga. They C&D any fan groups that dare scanlate anything tangentially connected to their licenses.

Netflix is the bigger enemy. It'll kill CR before pirates can.

see

Watching seasonal anime is for normalfag casuals anyway. If you truly cared you'd wait for potentially better bluray rips and fansubs.

ah I see I see well if you look at the seeding and leaching numbers on a site like nyaa they never even get close to 10,000 I'd say 5,000 is really high. and its usually only the HS torrents that get those kinds of numbers anyway. I haven't looked into CR or Kiss Anime watch/user data but in sure it's in the hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Attached: 1554652213938.png (702x1200, 142K)

see

this why steam is good then epic came

dont they release in batch

>Having faith in corporations' good will
LMAO.
As other anons have said, going after HS is most likely not worth the effort for CR. Probably due to a combination to the relatively small number of people that actually torrent HS' rips and the amount of work required to effectively shut them down.

Attached: wind it down.png (819x802, 508K)

Well I guess I wont be a normalfag this season at least, but that's just because it sucks ass. If I truly cared I'd just brush up on my japanese and watch RAWs, but at this point I'm just more happy with finding shows as they come out rather than hunting them down later

>seeding and leaching numbers on a site like nyaa they never even get close to 10,000 I'd say 5,000 is really high
Gotta look at the finished downloads, not currently active, since a lot of people just close that shit once they're done.

Attached: 555.jpg (1379x113, 27K)

Elaborate.
And everything Netflix has had some degree of input into has been utter rubbish. I fear for the day they become more involved in anime.

>netflix a threat
netflix is getting taken apart from a dozen different angles. It won't 'die' I don't think, but it's market share is going to shrink massively in the next couple years. Crunchyroll is the biggest western anime streamer and I doubt that'll change unless one of the other major anime streamers steps up their game and does it better/cheaper

Awful lot of non anime imagine showing up on the site lately.

Attached: no thanks.jpg (973x748, 195K)

>Run by absolute faggots
>Redesigned their site to maximize ad revenue at the expense of user experience
>Make up lies and invent drama when someone tried making an alternative to Nyaa
Seems like a giant turd to me.