You ever read an old series and see pointless pages like this that are about internet drama?

You ever read an old series and see pointless pages like this that are about internet drama?

Makes me wonder why scanlators think people give a shit about this pointless internet drama.

Attached: 0BABED14-EC84-4844-8FAC-075AE51F1348.jpg (800x165, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PrhE4cRFJ7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My favorite was when a guy used to translate yuri and he went on tirades about how crackshipping is bad and you should feel bad in the TL notes and then his mental illness got to the point where he just stopped functioning. Now he's a shitposting machine!

The classic stop narutofan or someshit like that. Not to mention disease in the middle of the page like pic related.

Attached: classic bebe.jpg (727x1085, 145K)

See also: putting their witty, emoticon-filled commentary by the "editor" or whoever in the margins. It's like talking in a movie theater, nobody cares.

Attached: 1445475475364.jpg (743x1128, 209K)

Attached: names.png (324x87, 32K)

I remember when Onanie Master Kurosawa was first being scanlated that some retard was taking his time doing it, like one or two pages a month. ADTRW found the series and thought it was hilarious. One of the locals, I think the Evil Genius dude who does Berserk scanlations, marathoned the entire fucking series in a week. The original slow scanlator spewed a whole fucking bunch of nonsense about people stealing other people's series and shit.

I have done some scanlation, been part of a few teams. Why is everyone always a priss and half of them don't even get along? I never got what the big deal was.

pic related brought to you by SEAniggers

Attached: potion loli TN.jpg (1382x1740, 466K)

Attached: Smash! v02 c11 - 000.png (828x1200, 126K)

If they're not sperg / autist, they won't become a translator / scanlator in the first place. They would be one of those normalfag out there.

Not enough humility. People have this weird mentality where they're doing something, and really they're only doing it for fun, but then they share it online and suddenly it's as though they were doing everyone a massive service, as though everyone owed them something for doing it. Then they get disappointed and butthurt when they discover that people give way less of a fuck than they had hoped for, and drama ensues.

Yea Forums projects are always good because you'll get told to fuck off unless you have the right attitude about it.

They feel like they are an evolved form of Japanimation and manga consumers so due to this autistic notion they develop a "sekrit club" mentality.

Not as bad as your pic, but I remember the retards doing the breaker new waves, putting watermarks all over the pages. Nowadays you would get snipped by the next day if you pulled that kind oh shit.

It's surreal to me. I've been doing projects but with a small group of anons, we share and we don't have any idea about the "after". I guess not putting contact info or names help us to not grow any superiority complex. We just enjoy enjoy the series and want other people to know about them.

Karakuri Circus is probably the funniest, even though it was just solo drama.
>Guys, Trump won and people like him on the internet
>I'm going to have to stop translating now.
It still cracks me up, but it crippled the scanlation, I think just recently it started back up.

It also happened during the vhs fan sub era.

youtube.com/watch?v=PrhE4cRFJ7A

I used to work with a group that did Fairy Tail. Most were pushovers for the one guy who wanted internet fame and did nothing to stop him.

Pic Related

Attached: 1534099788915.png (1342x622, 115K)

I actually like it when at the end of a doujin the group gives it's individual thoughts.

Do people not remember how to seperate people from their works anymore?

As much as I want to call him a faggot, he seems to have strong convictions.
That's very funny as an outsider though.

Was he defending his waifu?

It's pretty funny.
>The author's "friend" (fellow author) is coming back for Rurouni Kenshin
>He retweeted this, I cannot support him.

I only really like working with anons now. Yeah, sometimes they're kinda fags but even the worst ones are never 10% as bad as the faggots out there. You think it's bad when scan drama spills over into the rest of the internet? It is even worse behind the scenes. It's never QCers, they're usually cool.

Is there ever any drama about quality of the translation or quality of the scans? How about series that are slow to release?