So if the cycles theory is true...

So if the cycles theory is true, does that mean that the manga is canon to the anime which is canon to the Rebuilds which is canon to the N64 game... etc etc, basically that every adaptation of Eva is a different point in the cycle?
I think that could make sense considering many Japanese peoples' Buddhist background, the Buddhist idea of samsara, and Eva's themes of suffering also tie into that, although it obviously deals with suffering in the exact opposite way of Buddhism.

Attached: 258213-neon-genesis-evangelion-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg (800x1095, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8Q7sBuSIed4lfD8VEQdvTHdJo7zk1HJ
youtube.com/watch?v=6ubNCB5KXDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh and because of this I think there's an intentional reason why every single adaptation of Eva is at least slightly different
Think about it, there has never been a perfect adaptation of the original anime, has there?

>So if the cycles theory is true
It's not

At first I didn't want it to be true, I wanted the story to end at EoE with Shinji and Asuka rebuilding the world, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense

Fun fact: The N64 game uses the same soundfont as Mario 64 and I think that's hilarious
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8Q7sBuSIed4lfD8VEQdvTHdJo7zk1HJ

Anno already stated he would like Eva to become something like Gundam, with new writers and animators adding to the world and lore. He's trying to make a universe out of it, so he can profit without having to do anything. It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually ends up validating everything as part of the lore,

Attached: 1547261212966.jpg (2552x3499, 1.84M)

Skip to Komm susser Tod. It's like SilvaGunner was real life all along.

I know he said this, but I'm not sure he'd actually like the result. A new Eva series every other year like Gundam, pumping out new versions of the story all the time sounds somewhat nauseating.

On top of that, he said this years ago, so you'd think something would have come of it by now. Maybe he won't let anyone do anything till Rebuild 4 is out?

Also is there going to be more Rebuilds, or is 4 the last one?

Not just years ago, but during that brief spinoff boom around 2.0 when Eva had 4 concurrently running mangas, a web series, and console videogames being released, all promoting each other, that have all withered and died since from lack of interest. That dream already came and left.

Shinji = Mario
Asuka = Peach
Rei = Toad
Toji = Koopa the Quick

Who's the Scuttle Bug then?

I suppose Scuttlebug could also represent Shinji (or Asuka) since they don't want to interact with humans and form a jamboree

Gendo = Bowser
Ritsuko = TJ """"""Henry"""""" Yoshi

I can't find parallels for Misato or Kensuke

>It's like SilvaGunner was real life all along.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ubNCB5KXDA

Misato is Pauline?

I'm trying to keep it Mario 64
If we go beyond that though, Yui is Rosalina

Its weird that Eva doesn't have as many spinoffs as one would think, but it doesn't help that the ones it did have were generally really low quality.

wait a fuckdamn second why is this jap only game called neon genesis
isn't it called shin seiki in japan

Well, they have:
Shinji Raising Project
Asuka/Rei Raising Project
SRP manga
Puchi Eva manga and shorts
Angelic Days
ANIMA
Campus Apocalypse
And the Nihon Animator shorts that aren't Until You Come To Me

Shin Seiki (W)Evangelion is the moonrunes version, but it's still called Neon Genesis Evangelion there.

Adding to this, I think chronologically the Rebuilds are the latest cycle, and the anime comes directly before
Everything else comes before the anime

I'd love to see Eva become a large setting only for the insane Sci-Fi metaphysics and lore. I think it's one of the best things about the franchise that's really not appreciated enough.

It's a marketing gimmick

Attached: puchiend.jpg (615x923, 161K)

Would that mean Re:take can be Canon too now?