3x3 thread

I've never done one of these before, but I made this earlier today. Rate and post 3x3s

Attached: mosaic0ef49149915cc1872ffa0ff5d9159094a4b536c9.jpg (904x904, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Yea
youtube.com/watch?v=IFrbwEWk50U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pristine shonenchad taste coming through

2/2, this is some obscure shit.

Attached: Patrician 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 3.52M)

6/7.

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (1994x1994, 554K)

9/9 Really, just excellent taste. Lots of things here I love rather than just like.
>shonenchad
>this is some obscure shit
I know this word gets thrown around a lot here, but I physically cringed reading this post.
8/8 Also, really good.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (904x904, 283K)

6/8
8/8
6/7
6/6

Attached: Umina.jpg (920x920, 223K)

2/2
5/6 - bleach
4/4
2/2
1/1

Attached: 3x3.png (1732x975, 3.17M)

Might update it in the weekend. Perhaps lose the fancy format. It's really not worth the effort.

Attached: 3x3f.jpg (477x668, 79K)

Well, a mod killed the last one, which admittedly had a low-quality OP. Still ... let's hope this one survives.

3/5

5/9

5/6

6/6

1/2

4/7

2/7

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

And manga.

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

what do the numbers mean

>what do the numbers mean
That's pretty obvious. Let's take a look at a specific post:

>2019/04/13 00:04:35
That's the date and time the post was made

>187023138
That's a post ID. You can use it to identify posts. It's probably also important for some of the site's database features.

>1.76 MB, 999x999
This is a filesize, as well as the dimensions of the attached image.

>3/5
This is a rating for another 3x3. It says that that the poster recognized 5 anime he knows and confesses to like 3 of them.

the numbers mean
liked/watched
2/4
3/3
2/2
7/7
6/9
3/3

Attached: anime 3x3 .png (900x900, 1.6M)

4/4
0/1
2/2
3/4
2/2
4/4

Attached: ANIME 3X3 NEW2.png (900x900, 1.53M)

5/2
3/1

1/6

2/8

You got it the wrong way around. You said you like 5/2 of one. That amounts to 250%, when you probably wanted to say that you like 40% (2/5) of it.

decent grid you have my favorite oshii and also one i didn't like so much, not so fond of rakugo s2 compared to the first but the rest is fine to good
nothing for me here, bebop is fine i guess, really not keen on f/z and geass
nice grid mostly good anime
nice grid
dont necessarily like everything here but i think it's a cool grid, top row is best for me
don't like this a great deal but there are some shows i like
i probably prefer a traditional grid, your show are fairly basic but i can at least respect you put some effort in
about to dive into gundam, only really planned to watch 0079, zeta, and war in the pocket but i might try out victory
no love for anything that isnt on the bottom row and im not particularly fond of kyousougiga, at least you picked the best kon
pretty horrible for me

Attached: enter mazinkaiser.png (770x770, 722K)

0/0
4/5
3/4
0/0
2/2
1/1
4.5/5
1/2
3/4
4/5

I used a script for Anilist for my 3x3, it's changed so much recently that it hasn't been worth my time to keep updating it.

Attached: download.png (690x1035, 1.46M)

Attached: 1551952982817.png (499x384, 148K)

aer those based off real shows?

Yes and you should be able to recognise all 9 easily.

the guy reminds me of sasuke uchiha

Well done you spotted it, Naruto is the secret 10th anime on the grid.

Old guy here, what the hell are these "3x3" things you kids are doing?

im pretty sure you just post screen caps of scenes that you thought were cool. Im making one write now

>you should be able to recognise all 9 easily.
Not really. Most of the "art" looks like total shit. I didn't know that one of them was supposed to be Texhnolyze for quite some time, until someone posted the "real version" of that meme.
You can also make a point for Guts not really looking like Guts (at all). And Mushishi is kinda hard to recognize.

there are so many anime characters that have white hair in their face who also smoke

>screen caps of scenes that you thought were cool
No. You post screencaps (or something else) of the 9 anime that are your favourites. Whether you use "scenes you thought were cool" or not is totally optional.

I think they're pretty obvious personally but maybe my brain is just retarded enough to put it together.

>who also smoke
That's one of the problems: If you don't know that that's supposed to be a cigarette, you just have a white-haired guy with a deformed face.
Of course, once you know who it's trying to depict, it becomes obvious.

These are just thinly veiled rec threads. If they aren't then why should I care about the favorite anime of anonymous people? It doesn't lead to any discussion of the series it's just mass replying and rating. Boo

1/1
4/5
2/2
3/3

Attached: 3x3 Anime.jpg (3264x3264, 2.26M)

>If they aren't then why should I care about the favorite anime of anonymous people?
Because it's not about them, but about your taste, and how it compares to others'.
If you don't even get that, maybe you should go somewhere else.

>using hoh's gridmaker
0/9 out of principle for double Haruhi and Madoka
2.5/9 +mono, flcl ~yuri; downvoting this lupin pick because I don't know if this is supposed to stand for the franchise, red jacket TV or some red jacket movie. But since it deosn't stand for Mamo it doesn't really matter.
4/9 +ttgl, flcl, pong, paran
Parasyte truly was incredible. After the first few episodes I was like
>this has potential
which then turned into
>that's it?
Wasted potential: The Show. Is the source material any better?
5/9 +pong, cash, d, akir ~kaiji, paras
3/8 +flcl, kaiba ~mahou, highscore; doubt I'll ever watch Rock City
[some witty remark about puppets]
7/9 -utenatv, omoide; don't know why but this looks worse with every itteration. bottom row clashes too hard with the high contrasts of the top6.
7.5/9 ~3gatsu -yuruyuri; shit grid never talk to me or my wife's thread again
WOW STOP. Don't you dare crash my safespace. It's about "sharing tastes".

Attached: 1539399496518.png (1599x900, 2.57M)

lupin is the franchise in general, it's from nostradamus but i like mamo a lot too

3/3
1/2
>Patrician taste
>Code Geass
Pick one.
6/6
3/3
4/4
0/1
-Yuri Kuma
Why Yuri Kuma over literally any other Ikuni show?
2/3
-KLK
Isn't putting Madoka on there twice cheating?

Attached: image.jpg (920x920, 272K)

This is asked every single thread. Try using the archive for once.

Not him, but Nostradamus is a good pick. Also, Mazinkaiser is the shit.

archive?

4/6

1/7
Or 1/9. As others have pointed out, you're shit for including duplicates. You're also shit for using "Anilist". If you don't take this seriously, don't post at all.

2/6

1/1

4/5

>Why Yuri Kuma over literally any other Ikuni show?
i like it the most, simple themes and bright colours, i'm also fond of stories about sexual liberation and general homo things so it appealed to me in a lot of ways, i think the repeated catchphrases and visuals tics in yurikuma were really cute and interesting too, i do like other ikuni shows but i feel like utena was limited in a lot of ways and penguindrum picked motifs i couldn't relate to to get across a theme i didn't connect to, i yurikuma is fairly overlooked and i wish people who didn't initially like it would give it another chance
i like your grid by the way, shows that are universally praised look better on a grid when they're surrounded by shows that show a bit more anime depth and personality, plus you picked nice images
nostradamus was a really weird one, the movie has such a strange flow and almost feels like it was just a bunch of random ideas thrown together, i was blown away by how technical the execution was though, some really fantastic scenes

>archive?
How much spoonfeeding do you need?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Yea Forums+archive

i just forgot sheesh

whats wrong with anilist?

Don't understand why im getting flamed for duplicates when the 3rd Madoka movie and the Haruhi movies are continuations to their original series, ffs when i put Psycho-Pass on there im not talking about both seasons + the movie im only talking about the first season its common sense.

It's not a duplicate because its not the same, didn't know Yea Forums was so illiterate that they use words they don't even know the meanings of.

Thanks! I try to make my 3x3s look aesthetically pleasing or else I wouldn't feel like I'm doing the stuff on it justice.

>when they're surrounded by shows with a bit more anime depth and personality
What do you mean by this exactly? I just picked the ones that have the most personal value to me. I actually didn't know the extent to which some of them were (deservedly) acclaimed until after I saw them.

Nothing wrong with using an alternate site which i like much more than MAL, fuck you too. Read other comment for your stupidity on duplicates.

I didn't call it a duplicate. I simply hate both Madoka and Haruhi so you get a 0 because, well, fuck your grid. Phantasm is merely the cherry on top.

you guys should put the titles next to the shows kinda dumb you dont

I a-agree!

Attached: 1537447834298.jpg (428x618, 83K)

Very slightly a faggot
Bit of a faggot
Probably not a faggot
Faggot
Faggot, but a cool one
If there was a scale of faggotry, you would be in the negatives
Faggot

Attached: manga three by three.png (900x898, 1.88M)

Damn, ok then. Fuck your grid too.

i dont know why im getting flamed in this thread

i just mean that i prefer to see popular good shows like eva, gineiden, utena etc alongside anime that are a little further off the beaten path as it implies to me that you understand what was great about them and shows that you care about anime enough to want to watch things like night on the galactic railroad and robot carnival, judging by your ratings it seems like you haven't seen a large chunk of the more popular anime and i like that you're forging your own path and pursuing what interests you personally

you'll have to label the axes of the grid so that i know whether negative makes me a faggot or not
hope you're not pretending to be me

>Nothing wrong with using an alternate site which i like much more than MAL
It's just as bad as MAL. Same shitty concept, same shitty userbase.

And, yes, including duplicates (even if you don't want to call them that) is stupid. People who like Sailor Moon don't put all 5 seasons on their 3x3, plus all OVA and specials it had. You could fill a 3x3 with those alone.
People who like Lupin don't put every Lupin in existence on there.
Sometimes, when different parts of the franchise are basically the same thing split up into different instances, you shouldn't list all of them seperately. But I guess that's your brain on MAL (or Anilist, in your case).

>hope you're not pretending to be me
We don't know who you are either lmao.

5/10 looks pretty cool
6/10 like some of the stills
4/10
6/10 Like the white theme
7/10 n ice scenes
3/10 its alright

>grid
i mean graph, these threads have melted my already small brain

well you should ive been hear longer than half of you

>Same shitty concept

Attached: 1539484474838.gif (276x475, 290K)

>Damn, ok then. Fuck your grid too.
Calm down, retard. Don't get so heated up about people dislinking what you like. You have your taste, other people have theirs. If you can't cope with that, you better not post in here.

For some reason I don't believe that you've seen 10 anime from each of those lists of 9.

someone rides the special bus

you add an extra point for if you like the grid or not
so if you like 2/9 shows but like the grid then its a 3/10

Doesn't apply to me, since none of the shows on my list are like Sailor Moon or Gintama. I don't like the 2nd season of Haruhi, so i won't put one to represent the series but the 2 parts i like. I like the very controversial 3rd Madoka movie, so im going to include it. I don't like the 2nd season of Psycho-Pass, so im not going to include it and instead put the picture that represents the characters of the first season. This isn't hard to grasp.

And yes lets go back to the good old days of using Notepad to keep track of our shows, or you know, just use MAL/Anilist for its intention, listing your anime in a convenient format with many more options that your notepad just doesn't have.

What is the top left corner?

I don't actually keep up with seasonal stuff much. The kind of anime I like doesn't seem to be made as much anymore, so I'm digging through older stuff to find things I specifically like. So far, I've not found anything that comes even remotely close to holding a special place in my heart as much as anything in the top two rows of my grid (those are the only 6 anime I fully consider a 10/10).

Yes. The guy who thinks he should apply x/10 MAL ratings here instead of the ratings we use in here that would reveal far more about him and his taste.

Mate it wasn't serious, plus the dude i replied to said the same thing. Also, calm down retard.

>using Notepad to keep track of our shows
>listing your anime in a convenient format
Only autists do something like that. I've never felt the need to "list all my anime" or to "keep track of my shows". My memory is good enough to remember the things worth remembering, thank you.

>use MAL/Anilist for its intention
You mean bragging about how many anime you've seen to other retards who think that's a meaningful metric?

>You mean bragging about how many anime you've seen to other retards who think that's a meaningful metric?

Attached: 1530257279372.jpg (850x720, 115K)

>hasn't watched enough anime to realize he/she just can't keep track anymore
>kek

maybe try out galaxy express 999 if you haven't already can't speak for the tv anime personally but i found the movie quite special, some of the older mecha anime that inspired anno might also be up your street but many of those are quite limited in a lot of ways, the other shows i'd consider are old adventure shows like mirai shounen conan and takarajima
i hope you're able to find more anime you love

I couldn't give you a list of all anime I've seen, if that's what you mean by "keep track", but I never need to do that.

I can clearly remember my favourites. I can remember my least favourites. And if we start talking about some random anime I've seen, I'll remember having seen them. When I need to remember them, not just unprompted. That's how the human brain works. I've seen hundreds of anime. I've read hundreds of books. Seen hundreds of films. And I can recall pretty much all of those if I need to. If the situation requires it. Recently here on Yea Forums, someone described an anime he couldn't remember the name of. I recognized that it was "Love Hina" and told him. I was right. And Love Hina is not one of my favourites or least favourites. Just one of many anime I've seen years ago. I didn't need MAL to come up with that memory when it was relevant. In fact, MAL wouldn't have helped me at all in that situation.

Don't pretend that there's any number of anime when it becomes impossible to do "keep track", because that just isn't the case.
So, yes, you are either an autist with the need to make long lists of everything - or you are one of those retards who claim to be anime experts based on the number of anime they've seen.

Friendly reminder that if you don't take notes after finishing something you're the equivalent to a 50 year old American boomer who watches 7 hours of reality TV after coming home from his job at the factory. Being autistic about your hobby is a good thing. Don't let this guy fool you.

Attached: 1548782977230.jpg (850x773, 114K)

Whilst all of this is true I still don't think there's anything wrong with tracking your list with mal. The site has helped me find a lot of new anime through looking at what the staff of shows I liked worked on too, not that that has anything to do with keeping a list.

I've been putting GE999 off because of the sheer length of it, but I'll probably get round to it eventually. I've seen Takarajima as well along with every Dezaki anime ever made (for obvious reasons). I really miss Dezaki's style. No one was willing to go all in on pure aesthetics and melodrama like he was. I love melodrama more than anything when it's done well, but it's like every character drama made today has to be completely grounded and "realistic" in terms of character interactions and any kind of attempt to flower it up is seen as silly by most. More often than that though, it just makes things predictable rather than some wild ride that keeps me on edge the whole time.

>Being autistic about your hobby is a good thing.
Words to live by. Thanks user.

>obscure
>literally anything on that 3x3

I loved the first 2 episodes of Komugi-chan for the early 2000s internet/otaku culture references but I felt the last 3 episodes weren't as interesting. Is Z any good? I think there's also a sequel OVA I haven't seen.

Why do you even pay attention to this pseudo-oldfag attitude? There's virtually no point in not tracking your viewing habbits on [insert site of your choice]. Even if you only do it on the off chance of suffering from amnesia. People who call out others for track their shit are quite literally trying way too hard to fit in. You should give them any serious though.

At least complain about those who brought up shit like Anilist and MAL in this thread, not about those dismissing their claims for the bullshit they are.

On the other hand, you seem to be trying too hard to feel "different" or "special".

you might enjoy some kids shows if you haven't watched any, junichi satou's mahou shoujo series would be a good place to start if you've any interest at all, they often have quite a broad range of talent working on them and are free from a lot of the issues that you're finding with more modern anime, they're obiously a bit more lightweight than the anime you consider favorites but they have their moments
if you wern't so keen on the original i wouldn't bother with z it's more of the same really, not sure what you mean by the sequel ova but there's an episode 2.5 which has a bit of content and a load of insert songs that i quite enjoyed, there was also a tv reboot called komugi r or something which i didn't bother with because komugi was no longer voiced by halko momoi which is a large part of the reason i loved the show
cute insert from 2.5: youtube.com/watch?v=IFrbwEWk50U

>tracking your viewing habbits
>trying too be "special"
Are you really this detached from reality? Most people who seriously engage in a hobby (anime, film, music) track in one way or another. Even my father used a pen and a booklet to track the thousands of films he had watched. Mediorcre schlock isn't called forgettable for no reason. And some people prefer to not download something they've already seen, just to realize 5 minutes in that they've already seen it.
I am not an insecure little mongrel who whines about people using tracking sites and databases. That's soooo 2007. People who still do this can't be taken seriously.

Started watching anime in 2017 try hard
My shonenshit is deep
A quiet person
Yuropoor
A hectic person
Manime faggot
Carnival operator
Hyperactive snowflake
DEEP underage thinker
Low functioning Otaku
Huge Disney faggot
Dumb underage
Artfag
Retrofag
Fighting game enthusiast

Attached: 3x3.png (1836x1042, 3.88M)

So you're just an autist and freak out when people point out your autistic behaviour.

>my father used a pen and a booklet to track the thousands of films he had watched
That's stupid. As if anyone would ever need to do that. Seems your kind of autism is hereditary.

>download something they've already seen, just to realize 5 minutes in that they've already seen it.
If that ever happened to you, you are really "special". Nobody can be this dumb.

>That's soooo 2007.
I hope you see the irony in that statement.

>dude autism
2011 called, it wants it's buzzword back.

Someone is a liiiiiiiitle too obsessed with autism.

3/3
Based GuruGurubro
4.5/7
Cringe 2011fag
3/3
4/4
Based Hi-Score frend
5/5
Based Kaijichad
6/6
Based 99chad
5/5
Based mangachad
2.5/6
Unbased 2011fag
Based Kaijibro
6.5/7
Unbased 2011fag
Based Kaijibro
Akagi smokes and has white hair.
3.5/6
Fucking C R I N G E 2011fag
Only thing I can say is
BASED & Azumangapilled
Almost the best taste in the thread

Attached: muh 3x3.jpg (2260x1462, 960K)

SO WHAT IF I LIKE FIGHTING GAMES YOU FAGGOT

Attached: 1475446515584.png (846x394, 165K)

>Fighting game enthusiast
>Puts a bunch of fighting manga in his 3x3
>Obsession too obvious
>Adds Yotsuba

What if he just mostly likes fighting manga but also likes youtsuba? Doesn't seem so far fetched considering the manga's popularity and cultural significance on Yea Forums.

I want to note that there's a difference in attitude between fightfags and shonenshitters

Its a joke man, thats why its in green text form. Nothing wrong with liking Yotsuba, its just very funny how out of place it looks in comparison to the rest.

How can anyone like FLCL? It's just random shit with decent animation and some references to other shows ( oh, a reference! so funny and original). You can have a similar experience by inhaling gasoline and then staring at a lightbulb.

Sorry i'm autistic, imagine my comment says lol instead.

Be honest do you truly believe this?

Because its not very in your face about whats happening, it relies on imagery for a lot of the time, its not random.

>decent animation
-_-

>how out of place it looks in comparison to the rest.
There's a lot of fighting going on in Yotsubato!. She has the best combos!

Attached: yotsuba_flash_col.gif (645x592, 591K)

Attached: 1551418527126.jpg (818x1200, 323K)

Poor Yanda. I still think it was a bad decission to write him out like that. He had a lot of potential as a villain ...

It made me feel cool for watching deep anime as a teen
But it is in your face so much so that you're asking yourself they can't be serious with this shit right cause the point being made was so dumb and obvious.

>the point being made was so dumb and obvious
you didn't get the point

I'm only eating the good ones:
7/8
5/8
6/8
7/8

Attached: 3x3.png (2000x2000, 3.68M)

2/2
3/5 -OPM, Hellsing
5/5
2/4 -Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul
6/7 -TTGL

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 2.44M)

4/4

4/6

2/4

5/7

1/2
2/2
1/1
1/1
2/2
3/4
2/2
3/4
4/4
1/1
1/2

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3345x2482, 1.83M)

1/5

I seirously dont get how can some people like Gonsenzo sama, that shit was experimental in a so fucking boring and autistic way. are they trying to be so damn hipster they actuall yinclude in their 9x9 and right in the top to make it even more wierd?

> I am a hero
> Strongest man kurosawa

good taste but jojos can suck dick