Where do people sit in the entry plug even? How the fuck did he survive this?

Where do people sit in the entry plug even? How the fuck did he survive this?
I think he was supposed to die but they last-minute changed it to appease the network or some shit, it really doesn't make sense.

Attached: bfnhtv.png (640x480, 322K)

Attached: o1092094.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

In the chair.

ok yeah so toji should have fucking died

Is it deep symbolism that it looks like a Suppository?

Anno wanted to kill him but the network made him promise not to kill kids

He did it for the same reason why the first angel rips through an entire missle BEFORE it explodes (which makes absolutely no damn sense whatsoever), because it looks KEWL. This is the reason why most things happen in this show. Now you realize why Anno is a hack.

Attached: 1517140355543.gif (500x374, 1.59M)

Well he does die in the manga.

He didn't die because Anno couldn't get away with killing a kid on TV.
But honestly the hospital scene the next episode is one of the better scenes in Eva so it was worth it.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 19 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][FE27EA55].mkv_snapshot_05.41.992.jpg (1440x1080, 167K)

He died in the manga.

plug breach is 1d100 damage, that's harsh but survivable with a lucky roll

>which makes absolutely no damn sense whatsoever
Well, maybe the warhead malfunctioned

Didn’t tomino kill kids all the time

Well Tomino is Tomino.

>He didn't die because Anno couldn't get away with killing a kid on TV.
But Rei II died.

Yeah, but Rei didn't die.

I always thought the warhead didn't go off thanks to the AT field stopping it and the explosion at the end as just the fuel tank being compromised and cooking off.

You are thinking about it way more than what the director/animators were, I guarantee it.

I've seen this shot a bunch of times, but I only just noticed Satchiels arm expanding to absorb the impact of the missile

Attached: 1517193826398.gif (195x244, 100K)

Rei is beyond death, fools.

>explosion visibly originates in the fuel tank
No I think you just weren't thinking at all, user

You move closer to the bottom the higher your synchro ratio is, right? Also the chair might have been pushed towards the end of the plug by the liquid under pressure.

The point of the FLCL tang they sit in is that it protects the occupant of the plug from gee forces because the liquid can't be COMPRESSED.

When the plug broke Toe-jam would have been squeezed out rather than crushed by 01's hand. Toe-jam's injuries are probably more due to infection from shrapnel wounds or from the fall.

Yes and?