An anime about learning to deal with change and learning to cope with the struggles of adulthood

>an anime about learning to deal with change and learning to cope with the struggles of adulthood
>Destroys lesson with compound ending using deus ex machina

Great life lesson guys 10/10 anime sure does deserve that high-ranking everywhere.

Attached: clannad-after-story-compact-collection-dvd-limited-edition-392615.1~2.jpg (988x1065, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Yea
youtu.be/QqfbAjtzVaU
youtube.com/watch?v=cSipD1ob-y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he wanted Ushio to stay dead
What a faggot.

I still remember when after story was number one on my anime list

>he didn't play the game
Good ending is only available after clearing several objectives that can't all be cleared on the first run. Also, the sequel short story treats Nagisa dying as the only real ending.
Tomoya has dreams of meeting Nagisa and talking to her about Ushio, for christ's sake.

imagine being such a brainlet and missing the point so hard. rewatch the last episode again and tell me shit hasn't changed since everyone was in hs. just because she survived doesn't mean he's still not stuck at a shit job and stuck in the same hometown he grew up in.

Ushio shouldn't have died that was forced as shit.

What's keeping her from getting sick and dying during the time nagisa stays alive. It's retarded

The top anime on that list is a joke

Glad to see you havent read Tomoyo after. That shit will make you hate Key

The visual novel? It looked horrendous. Tomoyo is so boring.

Bad endings don't always ruin a show. But it does for this one because of how it goes back on the message of the show. It's also poorly paced as fuck, the first 8 episodes are filler.

>Tomoyo is so boring
Unbelievably shit taste, faggot. How do you live with yourself?

Jun Maeda entered in my shit list after Misuzu. Hack can't mantain interest in his shitty dramas without killing or pretending to kill girls.

Honestly, having Nagisa stay dead, but having Ushio pull through and survive would've been an ideal end.
Shit happens, but MC could've learned to appreciate all that he already has.
The only problem I could see is that it's a somewhat generic message that has been done to death, even in Hollywood, but fuck, the dragonballs ending was dumb.

What is so great about her? She is a one-dimensional character

The anime was pointing towards a lesson about permanent change
that's why there were so many scenes dealing with the town physically changing with construction and characters being upset about it but having to deal with it because that's how life is. It was a good setup and foreshadows Nagisa's death.

It's like this series forgot about its lesson and couldn't handle the pain ironically.

You would know if you played the VN, you fucking anime-only faggot
>Great girlfriend, who hooks up with Tomoya super fast
>They have the MOST responsive, loving and happy relationship in school, and in the whole story, second to after story Nagisa
>She's quite insecure about the relationship and takes initiative
>She understands Tomoya's issues with his dad, and subs in for him instead
>She makes Tomoya a good student
>She fucks him in class(yes, in the vn, this happened and both got in trouble for it)
>When tomoya breaks up with her so that she could become the president to do what she wanted, she tries to give up her dream instead(in one of the bad endings, they end up in a happy relationship because she actually does this)
>After several months, she comes back to him, having completed her task and only wanting to be with him
No other girl got this much development and exposure. Tomoyo deserved a proper happy ending, fuck Key.

I remember as a teenager forcing myself through those first eight episodes, also is mental retardation supposed to be sexy? Looking back I think Fuko was most definitely had mental retardation and it explains why her sister was always caring for her, it just feels weird that it was treated as moƩ / desirable.

But this is a anime not a game you fucking mongoloid.
Yes it makes sense in the context of it being a game but as a 1 time story it feels like shit.

>But this is a anime, not a game
This post is just too retarded to be bait. I really dont know

The artstyle is so retarded

was the girl of the chorus gay? her angry friend was always with her even after highschool, they even had the same job and in the time skip theyre living in the same apartament

why is Tomoyo after so bad? I remember some anons saying they didnt like it because it mostly was fanservice like just sex scenes but im not sure about it,
that would be the same reason of why kud after was also poorly received
>101 ways to fuck her

sad that people overlook the only worthwhile shows by kyoani due to the art style.
I was pretty averse to kaiji because of its character designs and avoided it for years.

Attached: 1545184933385.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

WIDE SET APART BUG EYES

Attached: 4ef (1).jpg (936x936, 229K)

Who?

Fuko at the very least had severe autism

Attached: fuko-chan1-e1425619825294.jpg (1277x711, 67K)

these 2

Attached: __nishina_rie_and_sugisaka_clannad__c6ecdf0b63f1687e90ec71ad35fbd2da.jpg (2715x3461, 1.09M)

>because
Newfag here, I could tell you, but I don't know how to hide spoilers. Having said that, Tomoyo After does the opposite of After Story.

>story about how tomoyo grew up fucked up in the head because his father completely checked out after his wife died
>tomoyo completely checks out after his wife dies BUT HE COLLECTED DRAGONBALLS SO HE COULD REVIVE HER
the kyou after ending would've had her slapping some sense into that dumb fagit after she realized who Ushio was and becoming her new mommy later, right

Attached: best kyou.jpg (800x1261, 113K)

Only brainlets hate the ending. If you really think the ending was an asspull or goes against the series' philosophy, you haven't been paying attention. Ushio was not saved.

Kek
This

do you know html? it's the same only you use [] instead of so for spoilers you do [ spoiler ][/ spoiler ]

Was it a dream?

How the heck "fucking in the classroom" counts as good characterization?

[ spoiler ] Trying this out. [ /spoiler ]

i only watched it once in middle school and i simply didn't take the ending seriously. when ushio died it was already over.
no spaces. small caps.

Jesus Christ never post again

Dear newfags, use ctrl+s after selecting text. If you're on mobile, just kill yourself

Incels think this is character development/ makes for a good woman

Sounds like a slut

Yea Forums.org/faq#spoiler

hope this works.

Nope. The last dialogue Ushio has with Tomoya in the other world explains that she is forever tied to that place. She can give Tomoya new possibilities, but that only delays the inevitable. Perhaps it will help him cope better with it, at the very least. The last few scenes show that Ushio still has a connection to the woods of the city, which basically foreshadows that someday she will meet the same fate so she can support new possibilities. Aka, she will die again, the only one saved was Nagisa.

It's been years since I watched this but does nobody remember the lessons of life changes near the end of after story?
Like when Tomoya is with nagisa's father talking about the construction and being upset but that's just the way life is? Sad changes that you have to deal with in life. Like with how nagisa's parents had to give up their dreams to raise her instead.
That was the main point... Until they forgot about it I guess.

The ending of this series makes a joke of itself.
Visual novel fags will continue to find excuses.

Attached: tumblr_mw4cb7ZbpM1sk3wx8o1_640.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Is there something I can watch that explains this better? This makes no sense.

Just rewatch episode 20 and 21 and pay attention to the dialogue. Also, remember there are multiple wordlines.

>Tomoyo After does the opposite of After Story
They have a happy ending but then Tomoya kills her with the dragon balls?

Sorry, the best I could find for you is the dubbed scene, but I didn't watch the anime dubbed.

youtu.be/QqfbAjtzVaU

>another moron who didn't pay attention and calls the ending a deus ex machina
It's all so tiresome

Basically, one of them prove themselves to be the ultimate husbando/waifu and then they have a happy "ending", but one of them dies after and doesn't come back.

just rewatched tomoyo's ova, shes perfection
btw tomoya shouldve beaat the shit of the glasses guy

That's why the movie was better.

You either hate or love Clannad.

Attached: ushio.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Everyone wants to beat him, but the worst thing is that he is right about the views of society.

Everyone knows that he collected the lights by making other people lives better, it's just that it conflicted with theme of the after story and whole idea of dealing with a loss.

Attached: 1498674756043.png (545x456, 434K)

yeah but I think tomoya shouldve tried harder but instead he gave up like a fagit. the break up scene made me mad because I dont like seeing best girl sad

>the movie was better

Attached: 1505758303989.jpg (600x768, 126K)

There is an ending where that happens in the VN, but it is a bad end.

>all these filthy secondaries
You fucks need to kill yourselves

>an anime about learning to deal with change and learning to cope with the struggles of adulthood
not about that, you missed the point. read the vn, it's clearer there

i will read the vn but first I need to finish hoshi ori and then I will take a break from vns, clannad and yu-no are the next on my plant to play list

You guys are missing the point of the ending

Clannad's main theme is family.

Tomoya's struggle throughout the series was him dropping out relationships and society in general because of the possibility of being hurt. He does it in highschool before Nagisa pulls him out of it. He does it again after Nagisa dies. Tomoya can't handle bad things happening and thinks it would be better to never be involved at all so he doesn't have to deal with all the pain. Tomoya is then shown the absolute worst case scenario of being a parent having both your partner and child dying.

He cries out, wish magic happens, and he is given a choice: whether to reach out or not to Nagisa on that first day of highschool even though he knows that it if he does tragedy could still happen. Tomoya ultimately decides being with the ones you love is more important and even though there will sadness along the way family and love is too important to cut yourself away from it.

By choosing family even if it means sadness and pain, Tomoya has grown to accept change and is rewarded with happiness as a result.

I really don't think the ending goes against the themes of the story at all

Tomoya is literally given the question "knowing what you know now, about all the horrible things that will happen if you could go back would you make the same decisions?" and Tomoya says when every other time before that, he thinks to himself no. That's tomoya growing as a person and finally accepting change. After story is saying that by accepting the world for what it is and still pursuing loving relationships, one can still find happiness

youtube.com/watch?v=cSipD1ob-y0

Clannad is about DANGOS

Now fuck off faggots

I miss when kyoani made series with things actually happening in them instead of high schoolers crying about shit nobody cares about.

The fucking theme is family you dolt, it's in the fucking name.

Read