Will the anime art style ever change again, or will every future decade be a repeat of the 2010s...

Will the anime art style ever change again, or will every future decade be a repeat of the 2010s? I'm scared that anime art has been refined and perfected so much that it will never change again. Things have been homogeneous for a long time, after all. If you were shown two pictures from series you never knew existed, one from 2011 and the other from 2019, you couldn't tell which was which.

Attached: 1555040707940.jpg (720x1004, 52K)

I can't say for sure, but I think there could be some changes. It's really hard to know for sure how changes in art pan out until after they happen. I don't think there will be a complete rework though unless disney style cgi becomes more popular in Japan.

We're still in the 10s, retard. And yes, the difference from 00 to 10 alone is quite striking.

Mo-cap realistic anime.

Technology dictates Visuals.

Anime art progressed because technology did. First with digital animation/coloring, then with simplyfying designs so that plain shaded characters would look fluid and mesh with photographic/digital backgrounds etc. Current character designs, in general - are made to be simply shaded and look good in motion.

But as backgrounds details, anime resolution and information filling of screen progresses - character designs will inevitably become more complex, since current simple designs can't keep up with backgrounds/effects complexity/detail.

However, the issue is more complex character designs, details (eyes, hair, clothes, shading) are hard to make so either studios develop methods to integrate more static but higher line count art in anime (i.e. VEG), or plain switch to 3D or even rotoscoping (which actually soon likely to become viable to not have uncunny valley).

But its not very soon. For now you`ll still see simple lineart and shading designs but with increased complexity of clothes and hair.

>We're still in the 10s, retard.

When did I say otherwise? And yes, art style changed a great deal during the 2000s. The 2010s, however, have probably been the most homogenous decade ever aside from the 60s.

This is an interesting opinion. What's your opinion on 'not very soon'? That there won't be a noticeable shift until the middle 2020s or so?

>Things have been homogeneous for a long time
You're just blind to the changes now because they've been happening gradually while you've been following anime actively. It's been changing as much as it always has.

Anime today looks the same to me as anime from 2003.

I would have a difficult time parsing 2012 anime from 2019 anime if I didn't already know what series belong to what era, but I'm not always good with visual subtleties. Whenever people ask me whether a baby favors the mother or father, I usually have no idea. As for anime, 2010 shows look vastly different to me (still very 2000s) and 2011 is borderline, but everything past that seems stable.

Still though, I'd be glad to be wrong, and I'm sure there's things I haven't noticed. What are some of the changes that you have in mind?

Attached: Nyaruko anime.jpg (1024x640, 157K)

pls respond

Hair shading, especially in the way specular reflections are drawn, is different now. Shading in general tends to be less extreme, and color schemes in general are more pastel. The typical face shape has kept shifting toward puffier cheeks and less visible noses. New styles of eyes keep emerging like they always have.

Thanks, hon. I've noticed the more pastel color schemes (which, if I'm not mistaken, really only kicked in around 2017 or so?), but the shading differences and puffier cheeks are new to me. I'll keep an eye out.

2000 was pretty different but 2006 is identical

shows from a decade ago hardly look any different

2010 anime is decidedly different. You'd never look at this and think "is this a currently airing series?"

Attached: Ookamikakushi.600.1243262 (1).jpg (425x600, 106K)

What a load of bullshit

Attached: Vvcxwfp.jpg (2112x1492, 1.06M)

But is left indicative of 2012 anime in general, or right for 2018?

Thanks btw, this is a good comparison, especially if they are indeed typical examples for their respective years

DxD S1 might not be fully indicative of 2012, it had an older looking artstyle already back then, but S4 is definitely indicative of 2018
But even the LN art had this
Look at the cover/illustrations of V1 and compare them to the illustrations of Shin DxD V1, they look very different

Attached: DxDLN01.jpg (962x1392, 918K)

>Things have been homogeneous for a long time, after all. If you were shown two pictures from series you never knew existed, one from 2011 and the other from 2019, you couldn't tell which was which.
I don't think so.

Attached: 1550119550229.png (1724x1494, 3.36M)

I will never get over how they completely ruined Rias in the redesign.

Attached: f2ccb5b5f3face88b24d43299e19ff2031a0da03971b2bf91df9989d6cbe2e65.jpg (4078x5935, 2.14M)

Thanks, hon. You're right, 2011 does have some very old-timey shows in terms of art style.

IMO if youjn loko at the trentd of how art's styles have changes over he past 30 or so years theyr appear to get simplker and simpler. my estimeate is that this trend shall continue and most anime will look like dragon maid by the lste 2020s.

Proofread before you post, user.

Attached: 837ed81ef4f084859c00ab28cbc3c0db5eb2abee0c2bf730c25c2db75c2d6389.webm (720x404, 171K)

> if youjn loko at the trentd of how art's
Please don't post on Yea Forums while you're drunk.

3D CGI is the future.

Me neither, it really doesn't look as good as any of the other versions of her

Attached: Cover_of_True_Light_Novel_Volume_1.jpg (1442x2048, 653K)

K-on pretty much reached visual anime girl perfection and only minor improvements have been done since.

However, as much as the Anime Girl itself has been perfected, the animation and backgrounds are FAR from perfect even with something like VEG, so expect large improvements there instead.

God, anime resembling Disney cgi is one of my worst nightmares, I hope it'll never happen

I've been to Japan and they are HUGE disneyboos, they love shit like frozen and tangled. It looks so much shittier than an average seasonal anime though.

>refined and perfected
More like dumbed down and standardized. Every once in a while there will be an experimental show but the industry will never change, not in a million years.