Did TTGL kill the Mecha genre?

Did TTGL kill the Mecha genre?

Attached: downloadfile-4.jpg (180x274, 20K)

No. Sci-fi is dying. People don't care about mechs specifically anymore besides a hardcore enough crowd that can just barely Gundam alive.

No, but it does trigger the /m/ autist.

All I fucking want is a half decent mecha show without CG robots, fucking please

No? We literally had 29 mecha related shows and movies release in 2018 alone.

Attached: SSSS.Gridman 274.jpg (1920x2154, 1.95M)

I'm liking Aldnoah so far. The magical knight mecha isekai was fun too. Its hard for single sperg created autism diaries adaptations to compete against scratch built animes that probably had a professional writer team writing the script.

Mecha killed the mecha genre. It's a really boring and one-sided genre.

Is SSSS Gridman any good?
I don't watch much anime, but really enjoyed TTGL and am looking for something to feel the void

Attached: 1554315582294.jpg (640x304, 14K)

Sadly good robot animators died out, and the seasoned veterans who know how to draw mecha have neither the time nor gumption to teach the youngsters.
I recently heard that the last episode is entirely hand-drawn. I initially passed it up because the CG mechs looked ugly to me, but I might watch it for that alone.

Depends on who you ask, Yea Forums hated it but /m/ loved it

>just barely Gundam alive.

It's not really similar in tone to TTGL, but I really liked it. There's care put into the main characters and it has good direction.

>Is SSSS Gridman any good?
Objectively were well done/produced, and why I stuck with it. I enjoyed it too, but in the end, it's toku shit. Not big fan of toku shit over here, if you can't tell. If you like toku shit, even the better, I guess.

Attached: 1546960742092.jpg (548x540, 53K)

Is there anything to fill that TTGL void? Or shall I just rewatch it

Attached: 1551778044998.png (800x798, 815K)

I don't know. Have you tried drugs already?

Attached: 46497.jpg (225x350, 34K)

No, FRANXX did

no, once people get tired of Isekis scifi will come back. then people will tire of it again go back to fantasy. it's just a cycle.

watch triggers other shows? I mean Promare is coming out so you got that to look forward too.

Promare is gonna be so good, I can tell.

Attached: 1553527452181.jpg (2048x1536, 371K)

Fuck yourself. Trigger is not Gainax and nothing they have done even remotely approaches TTGL in quality.

But KLK is easily the better KINO than TTGL. From c as in characters to s for soundtrack. So much better.

Attached: 10124524523781.gif (330x291, 226K)

Kill la Kill can't even kiss the boot of TTGL.

In a sense, it did. But then again it'd be unfair to burden a show that just wanted to do its thing with the responsibility of saving an entire genre.
The sad truth of the matter is that GAINAX was so bogged down by otaku dynamics that it potentially prevented a second Shin Seiki Sengen, despite being equipped with a very capable staff.

I don't know, I thought KLK was almost as good as TTGL except the ending, which was pretty lame. But, to be fair, you really can't top TTGL's ending. It is the GOAT ending of all anime.

FUCK, I miss drawn mechas.

The way I always saw it, mechas were a way of taking modern and futuristic Warfare and scaling them down to the human level. When 100 soldiers are replaced by 1 pilot, who that pilot is suddenly matters.

I agree. Mechas are pretty fucking stupid.

Attached: franxx.jpg (1920x750, 222K)

Gundam literally had its peak year in 2015 or 2016 in sales and is still doing better than any time before the 2010s

What about when 100 soldiers are replaced with 50 mechs?

Attached: 903d6463944d9adf7ce757486d2919891434375049_full.jpg (560x560, 54K)

Oh my god, THIS. I miss shows like Geass. I miss when mechs were aesthetic and hand drawn.

good by todays standars but not amazing. still the best mecha in years though

>cinematic release
>hour long episodes
Will Fafner's third season save the Mecha genre?

Attached: fafner_the_beyond_key_fixw_640_hq.jpg (516x729, 126K)

That's a soap opera, not a mecha though

The whole "War is hell" melodramatic shlock has always been the weakest part of many mecha series. Robots, action scenes, human scenes that aren't fucking boring. That's why TTGL was popular. And why G Gundam is one of the most loved series in its franchise. And other examples I'm too lazy to think of right now.

No, it embraced it

The problem with "war is hell" themes nowadays is that its dated for most of the population in Japan and the west. We don't really have recent experience with war in our homes, and when people do "war is hell" they only really capture it from what a modern day civilian thinks war would be like. I always find they really overlook just how most people actually do just tough through the horrors of war, and only a few memorable moments in the war really cause them to breakdown, assuming anything causes them to breakdown. I watched a documentary on the atomic bombings in high school and one of the things that stuck out to me was how easy it was for the american pilots they interviewed to talk about and when asked if they would do it agains there was no hesitation before they said yes. The ways the war fucks you up isn't that you find it unbearably awful during the war itself for most people, its what happens after. In the aftermath of the first world war veterans felt disconnected from society because civilians really didn't talk about the war or understand it. To often this gets boiled down to suffering wank in all mediums.

bamp

Literally everything was worse about it. Terrible one dimensional characters that don't develop in the slightest, memecore animation and music, awful plot with awful twists.

Read Getter Robo. It's TTGL but not shit.

Attached: Getter-Robo-01-017.png (1012x1483, 576K)

fuck off /m/

Getter > TTGL
Stay mad.

Attached: Getter-Robo-Go-06-0160.png (815x1300, 411K)

What's the order for Getter stuff?

Getter Robo->Getter Robo G->Shin Getter Robo, it's up in the air after that.

no.
Getter > G > Go > Shin > Arc

First Getter Robo is only 13 chapters long?

>Go
>Arc
I figured I forgot something.

Attached: Ryōma.jpg (565x800, 124K)

14 If you count the bonus chapter.

I hate mechafags so god damn much

>I watched a documentary on the atomic bombings in high school and one of the things that stuck out to me was how easy it was for the american pilots they interviewed to talk about and when asked if they would do it agains there was no hesitation before they said yes.
Pilots are universally detached assholes. I once met a pilot who killed thousands of people, many of which he knew were likely civilians, and he didn't give a fuck.

Mecha attracts the most obnoxious faggots for some reason. Pretty sad because giant robots are cool.

>It's a /k/fag, otherwise known as the most boring human being alive

What are these falseflags like 187018399?
Mecha fans are super chill

Which was kinda the point of Gundam, except it was only revealed\talked about in insight during Turn A

The last good or decent mecha series was Eureka 7.

Yeah so people just want shonenshit with robots. Some people don't want that and actually like war dramas.

Attached: Eureka7.jpg (960x720, 328K)

If you’ve actually involved yourself in any mecha communities for a reasonable amount of time then you’ll know that post wasn’t a falseflag. The chill guys are the exception.

Except I have, it's you falseflagging Yea Forums posters. Tell me this, do you think anime has been ruined by moeshit?

>dude teen dramas with giant robot fights are the pinnacle of anime

Moe is unironically the death of anime and mecha though.

Yep, just like I thought. You're a dumb Yea Forums poster, fuck off back there

>muh safespace
Imagine deluding yourself into thinking you like mecha while also defending waifutrash and moeshit

You got your last (You), Yea Forums faggot/
Fuck off and let the people who enjoy anime talk about it

Evangelion killed the genre

The mid-90s period was definitely the beginning of the end.

But Turn A came out after Eva.

>Is SSSS Gridman any good?
Yes, but it's not mecha.

>a work so good everything similar before and after feels like shit in comparison thus killing a genre
Salvation in form of Evangelion of isekai when?

bump

You can say everything about E7 but it still the best looking mecha show of all time.

Attached: 2f7f39ed71894731b88b68298b8b758d.webm (640x480, 898K)

that looks like shit

It's hand drawn, which makes it better than every mecha series that uses CGI.

TTGL is more my style, but I can't deny that plenty of Eureka Seven's mech animation is god-tier.

KLK is megatrash, first episodes were promising, but it went to shit fast.

>surfing mecha
Was this peak /m/? Was it only a surfer bro phase? Or..

Attached: smuganimegirl.jpg (372x351, 27K)