What distinguishes the Monogatari series from time flops like Bunny Girl?

What distinguishes the Monogatari series from time flops like Bunny Girl?

Attached: yande.re 528415 araragi_karen bandaid heels kaiki_deishuu megane oikura_sodachi oshino_meme oshino_o (2000x1000, 641K)

being original and not a copy

In calling shows "Monogatari killer" they've jinxed every show that is similar to always fail.
But in all seriousness, it's just lightning in a bottle considering Zaregoto which has a similar approach to writing didn't get anywhere near as much appreciation.

Is timeflop the new Yea Forums buzzword, haven’t seen it used that often except this past week.

it didn't exist before this thread

What the fuck time flop does even mean?
Stop using meaningless words to make a point retard

Based based poster

Look at those bird legs.

>those digits
based

A timeflop is when you get an amazing get and you feel so good about yourself. But then some other idiot gets repeating digits >187000000 right after you and everyone only pays any attention to them.

Attached: [RH] Kizumonogatari III Reiketsu-hen [927D4503].mkv_snapshot_00.49.16_[2018.07.13_19.43.10].jpg (1920x816, 78K)

God those outfits are so ugly

nice getu

Except this one is going to get more attention because it is actively shitting on a meme made up buzzword thrown around by OP as if it were a legitimate term people used normally.

he tried to force a new meme and all he got was absolutely
B T F O

T

F

O

HOLY FUCK THOSE GETS

RIP TIME FLOP MEME 2019 - 2019

nice desu

Attached: dance off3.gif (243x270, 483K)

all terms were once "buzzwords" thrown around by OPs

nice digits

Attached: large.jpg (500x280, 30K)

Being bad but coming out when everything else was even worse

Oh my God you just yeeted OP with those hexaples

great

I'll be perfectly honest: if Monogatari wasn't adapted by SHAFT and directed by Shinbo, I probably would think it was boring as shit.

W I T N E S S ED

Very nice
It's mostly the polka dots.

Attached: 1543804083760.jpg (1024x576, 113K)

It's nothing special even as it is, VAs carry the show hard, if they didn't have a cast full of A-lister no one would give a shit.

Not all attempts at forcing memes succeed.

Eh, it certainly needs staff who can get behind Nisio's writing but SHAFT&Shinbo are probably not the only ones who could have pulled it off.

Probably not. But considering the levels of care that would have to go into a dialogue heavy work like this, the odds that it would have ended up with another studio that could have done it justice are low. Hell even SHAFT as rocky with it, with the production of season one being legendarily a clusterfuck. It just worked because Shinbo knew how to make chocolate cake from cardboard boxes.

>yeeted
Fucking kek

only time will tell
>Searching for posts that contain ‘kyoanus’. Returning only first 5000 of 16989 results found.

Wasn't Zaregoto more popular than Monogatari in Japan? If they didn't butcher the adaptation by selling one out of eight subpar OVA at a time over a year and already announced a second anime I'm sure it would be at least close.

It would make it take more effort to enjoy a series that isn't even all that sophisticated. I think it would have a lot of the problems and virtues that Madhouse's Boogiepop has. There'd still be room for the VA's to do a stellar job like Aoi Yuuki did in Warawanai and Hanakana in Second Season. Then again most of Monogatari isn't even directed by Shinbo anymore past Bake.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 14 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.02_[2019.03.01_20.36.38].jp (1280x720, 44K)

They all have very nice cunnies

>What the fuck time flop does even mean?
A time flop is a show that sold well but became forgotten.

op is a time flop.

Attached: 1552852377225.jpg (285x283, 13K)

>yeeted
What?

Currently rewatching Monogatari for the second time.
Haven't seen Bunny Girl. Is it any good?

no

Fucking owned.

>that autist manages to ruin Yea Forums yet again apart from ruining Yorimoi threads
Fuck this board.

based

>Fuck this board
You're free to leave, Yori shill.

>no new IP
So he's the OP, now everything makes sense. Amazing how someone gets absolutely BTFO and still has the audacity to stick around.

>every post must be a new IP otherwise it's the OP
How new?

yes

bunny girl is monogatari for zoomers

Low quality, basically.

fpbp, i agree with you brother

Fucking holy shit check 'em bois

A lister VAs all over the shop

Witnessed

Deus Christ..

Attached: 1539670016420.jpg (800x600, 55K)

It's the new addition to my filter after seeing the shitty threads it came with.

style

Waste

Monogatari is Shaft's greatest strength and greatest weakness at the same time because it's so good that they can no longer make other good shows.