So was this panel for comedic effect or?

So was this panel for comedic effect or?...

Attached: 93D55186-38EF-478C-B40E-59E52EF17B83.png (658x962, 206K)

>literally shitting their fans
based

My god this is ugly

that's suffering, I'm crying right now

it looks like he's about to eat his brother.

Whats funny about it? Hes sad his brother is dead

Cringe

pretty sure he was being sarcastic
also pretty sure you're retarded

Attached: 1551783505723.png (308x1024, 313K)

>this thread again

I figured it was meant to be a goofy scene, One Piece is a very comedic/silly series after all

Later I went on Yea Forums and discovered that people actually take it seriously? lmao

He doesn't look sad at all.

>There's nothing funny about this goofy face
lol

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>man made of rubber is not gonna strech his mouth when crying over his brother dying in front of him
>goal of cartoon art is to strech the expression to it's extreme in order to convey how the character feels
I love how Yea Forums claims to have "refined taste" but always lacks one of the most basic tools required to have a taste.
Look, guys, I understand you are trolling, but at least don't make yourselfs look retarded when you do it. Like damn.

I don't care what "he's made of rubber so he's supposed to look stupid" excuses you give, it still looks stupid and unintentionally funny.

Reminder that this will always be objectively bad writing that irrevocably lowered One Piece's legacy.
>HURR I AM SAVED
>DURR I WILL GO BACK AND GET KILLED BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING MEAN
This is indefensible. It defies disbelief and cannot be reconciled. There is nothing in the human condition that relates to this whatsoever. To say that this is child logic is an insult to children. It's alien behavior at best.
>B-B-B-BUT WE GOT TO SEE ACE'S BACKSTORY AND WE LEARNED HE GETS MAD WHEN PEOPLE INSULT HIS DAD AND DOES DUMB THINGS BECAUSE OF IT ALL THE TIME
Oda's damage control is meaningless. Again, this is objectively bad writing.

Objectively.

Objectively.

OOOOOOH IMMA SAY THE C WORD!!!
Cute_

didn't knew the muppets had a manga adaptation, where can i read it?

OPtards are really insecure if they can't admit this is drawn bad and unintentionally funny

Definitely agree, I didn’t even feel sad or anything when he died, literally just went “what a retard.”

People come up with the weirdest reasons to defend it. One excuse I heard was "People look ugly when they cry so it only makes sense that it's an ugly panel"

>People look ugly when they cry
So ... are all characters (and inanimate objects) in One Piece just crying all the time?

>people dying oh no oh no oh no i just wanted to be the pirate king
How can you not hate luffy after this panel or maybe hate Oda for giving Luffy such a shitty charactergraphy

Attached: 231244.png (163x241, 42K)

I mean Ace was a faggot so it might be intentional funny.

It was the moment that OP really just lost all steam.

Honestly, I've never understood this criticism at all. How does anyone look at this picture and not see extreme grief? He's literally screaming at the heavens and goes into a state of paralysis from shock. What did you want him to do, have the same crying expression and then smile as Ace?

It was actually the peak of the manga. The reason the manga lost all steam is because this event was too traumatic for readers so Oda had to backtrack on all of it and just introduce an Ace substitute as if nothing bad ever happened.

Literally A assnine death. MUH PRIDE. Congratulations the entire war was pointless.

kek

Still love One Piece but I can't deny this

don't get me wrong i feel for luffy i get the intention of this scene and it definitively shows a sense of overwhelming grief, but at the same time it takes away from what it's trying to do by making luffy look like he's auditioning for hungry hungry hippos.

It wasn't traumatic at all, it was anti-climactic and felt extremely unnecessary, not to mention the reasoning was just fucking stupid, if Oda wanted to kill off Ace he easily could have handled it a thousand times better, but no he went with the cheap death that not only ruined Ace's character, it made everything that happened in the past 3 arcs completely useless.

didnt you make this same exact thread with the same exact picture yesterday?
what possesses a person to be this autistic

I meant for the young readers who want the status quo that Oda actually writes for. Oda can't actually follow through on any serious or intelligent themes in the manga because he doesn't want it to grow with the audience.

>man made of rubber is not gonna strech his mouth when crying over his brother dying in front of him
I'm not sure why you think acting like The Mask is somehow gonna make it less comedic.