Why are animation studios going so far out of their way to heavily censor some scenes in anime now?

Are we finally seeing the casualties of Japan being an Olympic hosting country?

Attached: kitanaga.jpg (863x274, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/186946265/#q186954207
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

Yes, it's been a slow and painful death sentence for Japanese media in general.

Attached: hjhjm.png (927x500, 77K)

I'll never forgive Doga Kobo for what they did to UzaMaid.

Attached: Z55bcf0fc609679d60f09544060b8203860ba3def666a06e61318d8a6fc38cd81.jpg (836x1200, 248K)

Like they deserve to be forgiven for anything.

Agreed, after Umaru they deserve nothing but hate.

Attached: Z189fa17fe2aa57ea79cb71809fc09012ab91f707b1f2cc4445fd1045ecebbed9.jpg (836x1200, 424K)

Possibly, although there’s no official confirmation yet. I’d imagine that it’d last up to a few weeks (give or take a month) post-Olympics before going back to business. I reckon that recent stuff is a bait and switch for BDs or subscriptions to streaming services or whatever.

Well, at least in Sony’s case (for now).

Always in denial, always ignorant.

Attached: loli dead.jpg (1200x1724, 413K)

Shut the fuck up wit this shit.

Attached: Z910903fd0e24bf131af54c88ddcd26ba7ca7cacdd51bbdc0e4fc961e050b00c.jpg (836x1200, 449K)

People can discuss this if they want, user.

This is just a /pol/ thread, they're always fucking /pol/ threads.
Nothing is going to change you absolute retards, Japan already hosted the Olympics and the fucking world didn't end.

Back in the 80s and 90s even anime aimed at children like Doraemon used to show naked loli nipples and even dicks, But now they are not allowed to do that at all! not even blood!, Weternization is a thing, censorship is a thing and the damage USA does to Japan's censorship policies is a thing, The damage they did to the freedom the anime industry used to had is everlasting and the olympics will do the same no matter how much you deny it.

Depends on how Japan will do it. Saving face is a huge part of Asian culture, and Japan really wants to show off on the world stage. I’m for the most part cautiously optimistic.

It has less to do with Westenization (although that was what lead to the retarded censorship laws post-WW2) and more to do with their soccer moms.

This is either copypasta or you're going around posting this bullshit on threads to start shit.

Maybe, just maybe, they'll tone shit down for a couple of months and it'll be business as usual.

>and even dicks, But now they are not allowed to do that at all!
Boingo from Jojo says hi.

Nah, just look at what happened with SAO.
Muricans cried so much about the "rape" scene that the mangaka promissed to tone down his work and write more empowering females.

That's not a children's show.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-02-03h26m00s601.png (1140x1067, 860K)

>my casualfag shonen author is appealing to the lowest common denominator!
Color me surprised. Meanwhile the Mujaki no Rakuen guy ended it because he was worried he'd get in trouble for drawing loli stuff, then he started another loli series because he figured out that the rules only apply to major publishers and doujins are safe for now.

>This is either copypasta
You're technically right. It's part of a bunch of canned responses people like that guy have in order to keep these gay ass threads going. See them enough, and you recognize the pattern and eventually realize these "people" are the NPC mene made manifest. It's really annoying because they contribute nothing to the board except circlejerking the "good ol' days" with the most rose-tinted goggles imaginable.

That's not a canon underage loli like the girls from MnR, user.
She's just flat.

>middle school girls
>not lolis

No you retard, I mean that last night I literally saw this post in another thread
desuarchive.org/a/thread/186946265/#q186954207

What the fuck are the mods doing?

>good ol' days
He's not wrong, even children's shows liek Doraemon and Esper Mami had naked lolis back then, that was great! there's nothing better than loli nudity!

Attached: 1458724162829.jpg (1440x960, 413K)

Why you get so mad at people that dislike censorship? are you a Doga Kobo fan or just a bitter guy?

I'm angry that faggots like you are either stupid enough to believe this shit and post that shit here, or that you are shitposters with nothing better to do other than making shit threads and derailing good ones.

Apparently saying the same thing in two different discussions in which it's relevant is ban-worthy now.

I don't know what goes on inside the heads of censorship apologists.

Attached: 1554874980261.png (1413x1060, 630K)

>It's literally the exact same post
Holy shit. This guy really is one of those.

Attached: 1310792786387.gif (85x85, 106K)

Agreed.

Attached: Esper_Mami.jpg (640x480, 27K)

True, but it may have been also in a different context, that is more characterization. And look at the episodes that recently aired.

>Japan just doing things for Japan
>MUH WESTERN IM SU IMPORTANT
>MUH OLYMPICS
I just find funny how you guys think your opinion matter in any way, Japan will just keep doing what they always do until China fucks them over, that's it.

>This amount of denial from censorship apologists.

>Japan just doing things for Japan
Present proof that the Japanese are asking for increasing amounts of censorship in their anime.

Not him, but he’s not exactly wrong- China’s the largest consumer of their pop culture.

So is America the land of the censorship, you know the one they team up to create anime for Netflix and Adult Swim.

>censorship apologists.
At least you are making it easy to spot you.

Implying just one person in the entire world dislikes censorship.

But nobody is implying that, nobody likes censorship just like nobody likes one retard spamming the board with his retardation.

It's weird. This insistence on trying to make people who dislike censorship to be just one person implies that they know defending censorship is wrong and shouldn't be done. Otherwise they wouldn't care if 1 person disliked censorship or if 1 thousand did.

But nobody is forcing them to do it.

How is OP asking a legitimate question Spam?

I said largest, not one of the largest. And North America came in fourth or fifth on that recent chart. Besides, Netflix shit doesn’t sell in Japan. In this case, it’s only for Adult Swim.

At least change IPs.
>This insistence on trying to make people who dislike censorship to be just one person
It is one retard.
>implies that they know defending censorship
Nobody is doing that, the real question here is why are you trying so hard to pretend they do to create your own enemies in your head.
>is wrong and shouldn't be done
No, in this instances the better thing to do is to call out this kind of people as early as possible, now that's done.
>Otherwise they wouldn't care if 1 person disliked censorship
People care about people talking retarded shit, everyone dislikes censorship.

Calm down sweaty, those anons are not even the same.

>So is America
Bull-fucking-shit. Netflix is nothing compared to China. The entirety of Netflix doesn't even make half of what the anime industry does. Chinks hold the record of more companies in anime production committees than any other country. The stuff they like is literally the dumbest and stupidest romance and action that you can imagine. 90% of anime and manga’s fanbase is in Japan, then China, then the rest of Asia, and then the spic countries.

>Amerifats having an inflated sense of influence on the anime industry
>Implying this shit hasn't already been happening to eromanga for years already

More than one person dislikes censorship and will speak out against it. I'm sorry it's so tough for you to accept.

Also good job on saying both that nobody is defending censorship while immediately afterwards flat-out going "no" at it being pointed out that censorship is bad.

There's no need to be racist.

>one of the same two pages anyone ever posts
BOTCHED

Ask for more and you get it, buddy.

Attached: vfdxvf.jpg (728x1031, 299K)

Seriously, what the fuck are the mods doing?

So you flat out ignore everything said and keep on the same shit, you are either a good baiter or seriously mentally disabled. I know it doesn't matter what I say but still gotta call it out like it SHOULD be done, that "No" is more than clear pointing out that people SHOULD point out trolls like you.
Talk shit get shit, difference here is that I presented a point and he just keep trying to push his new buzzword.

Just report and sage for now. These threads don’t really last long, anyway.

Aside from loli (which I’m not even into, but I don’t hate it), I haven’t seen much of a difference.

>I don’t hate it
Are you sure? you seem really mad about anything loli related.

Carole & Tuesday showed me that anime is fucking dying with a cancer. Enjoy more conformism in your anime since Japan wants it to be more globally marketable.

Well said, at last someone with a brain on this thread.

What? A show made by Watanabe is trying to appeal to the west?
How can this be?

meanwhile im enjoying my extensive collection of uncensored ero guro manga
but actually censorship is retarded, europe will die because of article 13 and 17

It’s Watanabe. Nobody outside of streaming genderspecials is gonna watch it because he’s not popular in Japan.

I don't know but it also looks like shilling funimation now it's acceptable

>Watanabe
How can Muricans enjoy to the point of near orgasm anything that guy does is beyond me.

In a recent interview, he joked about following trends (or something to that extent). It’s like when John Flynt misinterpreted Hirofumi Matsuoka‘s joke about Samus being a “newhalf”.

That's just the mods being inconcistent as always, yesterday a Funi thread was deleted.

He's made good shows, and most of the time normalfags don't bother to watch anything other than what's extremely popular so they latch on to those shows.

funimation threads always get deleted because with the exception of rare cases, Yea Forums is not the place for dubshit, plus it attracts shitposting, unrelated shit like VA drama and it's giving funimation free advertising

it's just that recently they have been allowing them to stay up for several hours for who knows what retarded reason

First off, don't bump this shit.
Second, the mods do that for one of two reasons: They are not active when the threads are up or because they like the butthurt that the threads make so they keep them up and then autosage them or delete them.

They seem to be mocking it, instead of shilling Funi.

except jannies are very active in those threads deleting other shit except the threads