Bring your historical knowledge

What do you consider some of the most influential anime of all time? Ones that significantly altered genres or the whole medium. Shows that were made at least before 2010, where they have had time to affect the industry. Also, no evangelion please, that one has already been debated to death.

Obviously, my first pick is Sailor Moon. Shaping magical girl shows for years to come and becoming many peoples first gateway anime, even mens.

Attached: asdf.jpg (640x477, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9y7KrcfuxAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1503084935227.png (676x505, 271K)

What was that one romcom where a guy was on an island with a yellow shirt girl as the main romance. I forgot the name. There was the shrine maiden, the tanned monkey girl, and the bland milf. If only I could remember the damn name, I feel like that one really popularized slice of life.

Dragon Ball

Mazinger Z.

My second pick is Ace wo Nerae, a big step for sports anime that had an outsized influence into other genres. The coach character and main protagonist would be essentially copied into Gunbuster, the predecessor of Evangelion and the first anime to have extremely detailed breast physics.

Attached: 71785.jpg (360x360, 23K)

Gundam 0079

Adding to this, it's kind of just the barrage of manga and anime Go put out in the early 70s. Shaping both industries beyond Tezuka.

why?

I don't remember either, but that chick was ground zero for the ahoge

Lupin III for giving birth to “adult” anime and manga

Tetsujin 28
Cyborg 009
Tetsuwan Atom
Ashita no Joe
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mazinger Z
Dragon Ball
Maison Ikkoku
8-Man
Gatchaman
Doraemon
Hokuto no Ken
Mahoutsukai Sally
Mach GoGoGo
Kyojin no Hoshi
GeGeGe no Kitaro
Himitsu no Akkochan
Attack No. 1
Lupin III
Umi no Triton
Space Battleship Yamato
Candy Candy
Cutie Honey
Akira
Urusei Yatsura

>why?
Are you fucking retarded, OP? You list Ace wo Nerae (lol) and then you actually question why someone would list Mazinger Z? The anime that single handedly jumpstarted the piloted robot craze which completely dominated the 70s, 80s and 90s?

*creates an entire studio in your path*

Attached: IMG_1841.jpg (531x372, 49K)

Stop being a Gainax retard for one thread

Love Hina?
Yellow shirt and shrine maiden fits. And I guess you could call Kaolla Su a "monkey girl" ... I'd rather call her "best girl" though.

Attached: LoveHina.jpg (2000x2770, 869K)

I may know a thing or two.

But I'll just leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=9y7KrcfuxAw

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>asking for more content than a name
>I'm retarded
ok.

Yeah that's definitely it. Big slice of life definer.

>Sailor Moon

Yes.

>Mazinger Z
>Gatchaman
>Doraemon
>Dragon Ball
>Candy Candy
>Akira

Also:

Saint Seiya
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note
Slam Dunk
Detective Conan

>autistically listing shit
At least put a little effort.

For example, Jungle Taitei was the first full color anime television production. Dallos was the first modern understanding of an OVA.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Attached: heh heh heh.jpg (640x763, 30K)

>GeGeGe no Kitaro
>Lupin III
>Cutie Honey
Those three are also a huge part of the reason why 2018 was the best year in anime in a long time. All three franchises got great new adaptations. I guess it definitely was a year for "classicfags".
And those three are definitely among the things I like most in your list!

If I had to name the one thing that stands out as the "worst" ...
>Attack No. 1
Never really got the charm of that one. It looked bad even back in 1970 and was rather bland, from what I remember (from when it aired in the 90, of course. Hadn't been born yet in the 70s).
I won't deny it was influential though.

*blocks your path*

Attached: lum_dance.gif (244x226, 509K)

>This thread
>No Mention of Mighty Atom/Astro Boy
Literally the first Anime ever, from which all other Anime have descended.

Nani?

Attached: IMG_1842.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Ideon, this created Eva which created the rest

Lucky Star was shit, but it was influential.

See

Attached: 1537689611489.gif (270x360, 1.4M)

Everything changed after Macross. Television production actually got a budget behind it.

haruhi suzumiya. The only people who hate this show/ think it wasn't influential are either newfags, normalfags, or people being contrarian in a pathetic attempt to look "unique"

Attached: 553.jpg (876x719, 119K)

It really wasn't influential though. Love it or hate it, but don't please don't pretend that it was relevant for the industry or the artform of anime as a whole.

Haruhi is a fad anime. It had no impact. Don't even try this shit with me, I've been watching anime since 1994.

can you name one thing that changed after its passing?

you too

I still love it but it is basically ground zero for the direction light novels and conversely light novel adaptations took in it's wake

Attached: the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-anime-review-2.jpg (1280x720, 726K)

Yeah honestly you're right. It wasn't influential. I guess I was tired of seeing posts of people bashing a genuinely good show.