I can't believe it... this actually is better than hxh!

I can't believe it... this actually is better than hxh!

Attached: yuyukausho.jpg (954x1000, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ymOegvwPXCw
youtube.com/watch?v=yaHdOKxqtoM
youtube.com/watch?v=cc6Zyc6XpjI
youtube.com/watch?v=8IHm2h9WjAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More focused at least and with a shit plot

The 4 MCs are great together, something HxH doesn't have.

most shonen are

Is HxH being good just an Yea Forums meme?

its a Yea Forumsiscord meme

We told you dude, but you didn't listen. Why didn't you listen?

Attached: 1411267010736.jpg (1280x960, 96K)

Are they? I have feeling that most of them aren’t really friends but just partners banded together because circumstances.

Attached: 6F8F35E3-9BE1-4B65-942E-F0AE57BE4BB5.gif (500x370, 436K)

In before long winded response discussing intelligence and philosophies not at all present in hxh with close up of a gay weakling clown

they are how real buddies are. hxh is just gay.

YYH is unwatchable for anyone with taste, only brainlets who like fighting can like, since that's all that series is.

As generic as OP and Naruto. The only thing it has on HxH is better Main Characters.

Nah YYH is boring and bland compared to HxH. I like YYH characters but as team meh

You all know the same guy created both series right? Unsurprisingly they're both good because of it.

Attached: 1486680248401.jpg (600x600, 32K)

this and I'd like to emphasize the part about hxh being gay, but I think gay is not enough, one needs to clarify it's a homosexual-dick-in-the-male-anus homosexual kind of gay.

Thats where the rivalry comes from. HxH is normalfag twitter shit whie Yu Yu Hakusho is a hidden gem among shounen anime.

>YYH is boring and bland compared to HxH

Attached: 1551313621440.png (426x437, 294K)

wasn't hxh a shoujo, though?

Attached: 1535198543647s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

yes

Attached: 1553171173940.png (610x1802, 1.43M)

Half series is a boring tournament arc with nothing but stupid clichéd fights

half of HxH is tournament arcs, it's just what togashi does

That's false no matter how many times you keep repeating it, obsessed waste of a life faggot

HxH are for tryhard faggots.

imagine being this sensitive about your favorite little shonen

kind of. Normies are fucking obsessed with it. Just look up the MAL reviews for a good laugh. So a big part of Yea Forums shitposts as those retards but of course you still have retards that think pic related isn't pic related

Attached: 1554616268587.png (262x241, 94K)

Keep pretended HxH is better when we all know its the shota

>HxH is normalfag twitter shit whie Yu Yu Hakusho is a hidden gem among shounen anime
yet i suspect you would find the opposite to be true were their popularities reversed. you may despise normal fags, but being a normal contrarian fag is an irredeemable sin

enjoy cartoons for what they are, baka

>but being a normal contrarian fag is an irredeemable sin
agreed, otherwise we could have had comfy space dandy threads back in the day

Why does Kurama always smile?

Attached: F95B1455-02CA-466B-B0CD-7C2EAB7396F5.jpg (1008x750, 112K)

dropped it 15 episodes in desu

It's a soft josei.

It's a good manga that gets memed to hell. I don't know if You've ever been to Yea Forums, but think Age of Empires 2. It's a good game, but you literally can't actually discuss it there without WE WUZ shit.

I never really understood this meme. YYH is a fun little shounen. There's just nothing in it that comes even close to moments like in this webm. It has worse powers, fights, themes, character development, etc. I don't genuinely believe anyone can prefer it.

Attached: episode 126pt2 HxH.webm (640x360, 1.74M)

Is the best battle Shonen.

>hero admires the villain
>acting like this has never been done before

Yeah, because they're not half-absent or trying to fuck each other dicks all the time.

everything has been done before

HxH felt like Togashi trying to copy early Dragon Ball but trying to be more edgy and complex.

yep, I mean that's even cell jr.

well Gon is literally Goku, down to a powerup that makes him buff, freaks out his hair, and gives him a golden aura

Attached: 1530930717367.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

yea plus netero is literally master roshi. he is an old man and he is strong and he stared at menchi's tits.

One of the rare times the dub version is better than the original.

Because he knows he is a sly fox boi that women cream for.

That's arguably, and it's still unwatchable. That just goes to show how idiotic these battle series always are.

HxH is good because it's not an action series and has very few fights, rather having realistic and gritty storylines, with brilliant character voice, an eclectic array of genres and themes, unlike YYH which is about the most pedestrian kind of series in anime, even if it's among the best of it's kind.

The only thing YYH has on HxH are the MCs. It's not like Togashi didn't try to make it good, it's just that it was dokme to generic shit due to the Jump Formula and that Shueisha would not let Togashi do what he wanted back at the time, like deconstructing the characters and exploring darker storylines like Mukuro's backstory.

Only the last arc of YYH is good because it suddenly went from being aimed at manchildren to suddenly have nuanced and realistic characterization, good dialogue, all characteristics of HxH. At that point i guess Togashi simply tried to do what he wanted because the series was already ending.

>genres and themes
please share without mentioning the last arc i.e. chimera

Toguro vs Yusuke is boring like every climax fight in the series so far

youtube.com/watch?v=ymOegvwPXCw
youtube.com/watch?v=yaHdOKxqtoM

>hidden gem
Is it? I mean, it isnt as popular as DragonBall or Saint Seiya back then, but it is still known for Shonen readers/Toonami viewers. Im sure if YYH was on Netflix it would be as popular as HxH

Who do you think the hero is?

holy shit togashi

Attached: 1548780361942.png (375x409, 124K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cc6Zyc6XpjI
youtube.com/watch?v=8IHm2h9WjAc

lol wtf was togashi thinking?

It was cool back in the day, the whole "spiritual detective" is less autistic than shit that came later (Naruto, etc). Tournaments were fun to watch thanks to the bad guys. Of course many have nostalgia for it

I dont like Toguros 100% design, felt like something a 4 year old would draw, and the fight was less exciting than what I expected. Other than that, I fucking love YYH

I don't how Yusuke makes every fight he is in boring but he does

I don't know why there are YYH threads lately, but I like it.

Back then DragonBallZ and such felt good but in retrospective OG DB was the best. I agree with you in the sense that HxH gave me that sense of adventure at many points, although it became its own thing

they have great chemistry, probably one of the best in shonen jump.

>YYH is a fun little shounen.
thats the point, its knows what it is and does it well. You can enjoy stories with dark themes and complex powers and you can enjoy stories with fun characters with a basic plot.

Because some people are watching it for the first time with all the HxH talk

I have been watching it

Attached: 1545039372501.jpg (640x360, 61K)

Well I mean it was fun little shonen up until the chapter black arc, thats where togashi wanted to try something deeper with sensui, his split personalities and his hatred of humans, and you could see the nen powers being built off the jojo-like powers in that arc. But I think he handled the the darker themes really poorly there., you can definitely see improvement in that regard from yyh to hxh

I started watching it and I'm about 8 episodes in. When does it get good? It's not bad but I'm not that invested in it yet.

Most big bang theory episodes are

>darker themes
Why do you consider that darker than anything previously in the story?

Botan a slut

Attached: 1553418123630.jpg (578x359, 34K)

It`s more subtle but it has more ups and downs

>Slut
Nah, she's just acutely aware of the sexual tension between those two.

Eh, keep watching, still too early. Though be forewarned, the next ten episodes are the weakest

Shame the ending is garbage though. It's a bunch of build up for 0 payoff. They don't even show the hyped fights.

But she wants her to rape him

Well, Yusuke isn't going to take the lead he's tsundere as fuck to Keiko.

>tsundere
Lol the guy is a brute and has no idea what romance is. When he was dead and she touched him he was angry because he can't defend himself from her

I feel like with HxH and other shonen I was already hooked at this point but I'll give it a fair shot I guess

>Nah YYH is boring and bland compared to HxH. I like YYH characters but as team meh
The worst part of hxh is consistently Gon and Killua

>no idea what romance is
At least anime wise he's proposed to Keiko several times now.

Doesn't mean he understands it
>boys get together with women
>i will get together with keiko
Probably thinks of her as Kuwabara but with boobs

Yusuke is a thug that likes communicating with his fists but he's not a complete moron. He's completely understood proposing to her each time he did it, which is why the final time he did it he said he was serious that time.

Why would you believe otherwise?

I bet Togashi thought the same. He did election arc to get rid of them, the art looked like shit and he didn't even fix it in the volume.

I would say yes, but i keep seeing it pop up outside of Yea Forums

I haven't gotten to any proposals yet actually, I will see

Attached: 1530265498324.png (320x240, 128K)

Shouldn't you finish the series before discussing it? You know, it's about 20 years old at this point.

I love Koto guys

Attached: 1551078034406.gif (480x360, 1.11M)

Did japan have shitstorms when botan didnt win, like with ichirukia?

I want to fuck Juri.

Attached: juri.gif (400x300, 744K)

Wanted to discuss what I have seen so far but you are right. I have just gotten around to it.

Shaman King is a hidden gem
YYH is popular boomer shit

Yeah, you sure as hell would not know about what I just talked about because it happens later on.

Juri is a failure

Attached: 1543151989494.jpg (803x479, 48K)

Attached: 1528274886472.jpg (636x328, 32K)

>HxH is good because it's not an action series and has very few fights, rather having realistic and gritty storylines
Sounds like Naruto Part 2/Shippuden
Boring shit

The current Sucession Arc is much better now that Gon and Killua are gone.

I suspect the Yorknew Arc is better because it really minimizes their role, and the best parts of the Chimera Ant Arc are the ones without Gon's forced drama or Killua crying for the 7th time over Gon.

Gotta watch more user. You'll understand why Yusuke acts like a thug (tsundere) at keiko and others in the beginning.

She won in Yusuke's dreams.

YYH fights are way better than hxh.

Theres nothing wrong with liking generic Shonen series

oh you

Attached: 1554183563289.jpg (246x205, 10K)

Interesting

>he doesn't know about Mu Mu (Dream Dream) Hakusho: Nightmare Hakusho
I didn't even realize this was dubbed until just now.

What in the goddamn. I have new shit I need to watch now.

Attached: step2.gif (1048x800, 48K)

the main cast are flat out more entertaining. It doesn't really matter what they're doing, you enjoy the way they go about it.
if your shonen isn't fun by default you need to improve your characters before you start worrying about plot or how they will develop, because the most thought-provoking scenarios you come up with won't mean shit if the audience doesn't like these characters like they were part of the family

What the fuck is the relationship between Yukina and Kuwabara? He says hes been visiting her a lot but we get nothing else about that. And she basically ignores/is confused whenever he tries to be his awkward brand of romantic.

that's what I was trying to imply with "oh you" I got the joke. Didn't know it was dubbed though

when the hell is funimation going to release the dub for the new OVAs? Hell when are they going to dub the last movie?

it has to be bait, the show is super boring

HxH has more fighta/arc then DBZ

An eternal mystery, she never seems to reciprocate his feelings whatsoever.

I thought it was just the one OVA? Or are you talking about the ending dream ones from before?

Attached: yukina.jpg (749x814, 152K)

anyone that thinks hxh is better than yyh needs to be gassed. i've seen hxh up to the end of yorknew city arc and i still dont give a shit about the MCs

Both are shit.

Attached: 1477320387779.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

Nice opinion.

Attached: a1336017f1e4437c0ade21610f66c9c4.png (282x489, 272K)

YYH's pacing is so fucked that everytime I've sat down to watch it I've dropped it right when they get to that demon castle place.
For reference I marathoned HXH in almost one session

Oh no user you just don't have a soul

Yusuke and Kuwabara are friends because they're both punks and while they act like they hate each other Kuwabara misses him when he's gone and then Yusuke helps him through school and then he comes back and they're just being bros
Yusuke and Kurama are friends because Yusuke helped him cure his mother *and* was willing to give some of his life to stop Kurama from dying in the process (not that the mirror would kill Kurama anyway)
Kurama is Hiei's friend somehow but he's pretty punk so he gets along with Yusuke and sorta with Kuwabara who wants to bang his sister

How?? YuYu Hakusho is amazingly well paced. They got cut out some of the boring shit that was in the early parts of the manga.

If you can marathon your way through the slow ass Chimera Ant Arc. Its incredibly doable for yuyu hakusho.

Yuyu hakusho just isnt for you then. Its pacing is one of its strong points.

O B S E S S E D

Attached: autism.png (1048x1643, 460K)

you need to not evaluate them separately. think of yyh as a prototype for hxh. hxh would not be possible without the trail blazed, and yyh is retroactively enriched by the realizations made in the latter

i love this show so much, man. every single time i watch anything from hxh i get goosebumps

What does Kurama do when he is all alone in his room?

Attached: 91911CB6-971D-4CA6-994B-25F38C6831EF.jpg (976x750, 96K)

Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho are the trifecta of battle shonen.

Attached: 1547001397896.jpg (387x398, 49K)

I would say the anime are probably as good as each other, HXH manga is better though because of the current arc and because YYH ending is bad because Togashi got bored.

This fight is fucking terrible

Attached: rando.png (300x225, 111K)

There were some parts of YYH that I thought were really interesting and others that were trash. Sensui's personality stuff is cool (if a bit generic) but is barely explored and th build up to his fight and the the initial cave stuff is great then all of a sudden when they get to demon world he dons his looking wizard hat and robe and then gets oneshot by raizen. Shit sucked.

Attached: mpv-shot0013.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

Disco

rando does suck but it's also one of the first ones so i think it gets a free pass. to name a few non-ovbious ones i like, chu v yusuke, hiei v bui and hiei v momotaro are all great

>chu v yusuke
That was one manly fight, I probably haven't searched enough but I don't think I've seen another series do the knife-edge fight like YYH.

yyh and hxh are very different.
YYH is generic shonen manga/anime with togashi following the shonen formula properly.
HxH on the other hand is deconstruction of shonen formula this is also the reason why many things in hxh are anticlimactic.
I don't say hxh is the best shonen series ever but it does bring new stuff to the table regardless. Also togashi is known for taking inspiration from other manga creators. When writing yyh he was accused of plagiarism because of similar system to stands from JoJo. He has said that he takes inspiration from day to day life like watching TV or reading magazines.
It's sad that people fail to see beyond the similarities between hxh and other shonen. Because hxh is very unique and managed to stay alive even with shit hiatus.

Attached: 27259026.jpg (309x475, 57K)

Poor Kuwabara.

>Somehow
They met each other before the events of the story. Kurama helped Hiei and Hiei helped Kurama save a girl from a demon. They just recently animated that story. It came out either this year or late 2018.

It was a long time ago that I watched YYH but did Kurama ever act goofy or funny? Some stupid dance or movement?

Attached: 8FFAB31B-6F4C-498E-BF69-F97242F6CA17.jpg (889x750, 105K)

He made a funny face in the don't say that word challenge for your soul.

at least a couple of times, he definitely did the falling over after someone says something stupid thing a few times too iirc can't think of examples though

Even Kurama has a sense of humor or isn’t all to serious. He does smile alot.