Why are aliens considered a bad plot twist?

Why are aliens considered a bad plot twist?

Attached: Strelizia.jpg (1242x2208, 1.33M)

glad i dropped this shit

Because it shifted the bad guys from people whose power went to their heads to creatures whose motives we don't need to comprehend and only exist to be the bad guys.

I mean, to be completely honest I never started watching if specifically because of the alien plot twist

People don't dislike franxx because the 'twist', they hate it because it is trash and always was trash

DUDE
AYY
LMAO

This

It is almost always this. Writers wrote some compelling villains and don't have the balls to write a gutwrenching ending where they have to be killed by the heroes, so have some personalityless piece of shit instead. See also the "blob of evil" in some fantasy settings that serves the same purpose.

This is why the aliens where alright in Gurren Lagann. They and the first villain had their due time in the spotlight and characterization.

Franxx was an animu original right?
So the creative process was entirely in-studio and not adapting to the work of someone else

So how did the storyboarding sessions on this anime go?

>So how did the storyboarding sessions on this anime go?
They planned up to 13, I think. Everything after that was just winging it. The genuinely thought that having no plan and just throwing darts at the wall every week made for a better story.

aliens was far from the only bad thing about the show, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back for all the people that stayed on the ride hoping for a good payoff despite the obvious signs of shit writing. I dropped the show when he asspulled away his dino aids because that was enough of a sign to me that it wasn't going to be worth it. some people just have a higher tolerance for that kind of stuff and really want to try and see a show through.

This. But I am glad the aliens at least made Franxx shitters realize how bad it was. Even if I still have to put up with nonsense like "It was great until the second half."

That doesn't really do anything, it's like people saying that the only problem with ME3 was the ending.

SAO shitters still use that excuse to this day

Franxx was a good anime, quit being butthurt cause no one talks about the trash you like.

Attached: bigb8.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>franxx
>good anime
pick one faggot

It's lazy, uninteresting and jettisons the APE vs Kids build-up.

Remember to ignore this thread and dont reply to the OP, who clearly can't let go of this show. He clearly has some problems, so we have to give him the push, if he ever hopes to get over this shitshow

Well some parts were already planned out like Cuckura or what's her name and Matsuri/Mitsuri relationship. I for example saw it from the mile, because in the first episodes they had a couple of interactions which foreshadowed their future. Compared to other characters exept 02 and Self Inserter. They were the only one doing something together.

God, the robots in this were so fucking ugly

It was bad because they appeared with barely or rather no foreshadowing and shifted the entire plot with them.

>aliens
>last 3 episodes
>no build up
>doesn't even make sense with the farming theme

The issue is that it was extremely rushed in last quarter. What a dumpsterfire.

i thought it was star driver's mecha

Best part is how it repeated the same 5 episode arc 4 fucking times. At least I assume it did it four times, I dropped it after the third