Dark Horse

Is Black Clover a dark horse of Shonen Jump? I always get the feeling that it might become the next One Piece despite having a slow start. I dunno why exactly but this manga just makes me so happy bros

youtube.com/watch?v=k5BJUHnRNcg

Attached: dark horse.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Attached: BE52DED7-138F-4125-8D5A-32E5AAFE13D0.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

Imagine having a life where you spend all your day waiting for a Black Clover thread to be posted just so you can use a pic to shitpost because you don't like the series. Truly the best testament one could ask, if BC's detractors are this mentally ill, it must be the best manga ever made without a doubt.

I'd argue so, it has great sales but literally no one talks about it. It's weird.

Attached: 83EE78A3-4230-4C02-80EC-B6B9B3DF7DF0.jpg (1530x2537, 1.1M)

It probably gets written off a lot because of its usage of tropes

and because it’s shit

seething

No, not really.
It had its time to break out and it didn't.

I don't think you understand what a dark horse is.

I know what a dark horse is.
An unexpected favorite. And my post doesn't contradict it.

Attached: file.png (675x94, 11K)

Don't worry OP, you'll grow up once you're out of high school.

Good you can google things, I'm glad that's out of the way.

Your definition of "dark horse" was incorrect. You should try being more literate.

My definition of dark horse was correct, maybe if you spent less time googling things and more time on educating yourself you wouldn't be such a failure.

That's big talk from someone who's too embarrassed to admit they had to be spoonfed a definition.

no lol

Attached: 7EEF5D6F-4719-495C-8357-581574346061.jpg (1446x1800, 682K)

>what is composition

Black Clover is an example of execution done well. It may not be the most interesting story ever, but when you look at the paneling and the pacing, the mangaka really knows how to deliver an exciting read, whether it be in a binge read or on a weekly basis read. Moreover, Black Clover manages to make good use of its side characters, giving them time in the limelight as well, and not just letting the main characters hog all the attention like some other shounen series do.

>An unexpected favorite
That isn't what a dark horse is.

Attached: 2F644EB1-5469-4AEA-83BF-0B5E59EE5723.jpg (1200x675, 551K)

Who the hell is that on the right

The short dude that hangs out with Escanor.
You know, the guy with the tall thicc girlfriend.

There's a shounen series called Nanatsu no Taizai, he's the main character. Not to be confused with Sin - Nanatsu no Taizai, which is super interesting.

>next One Piece

Nothing currently being made is even .001% good enough to be considered the next One Piece

Black Clover is one of those rare cases were a series sells wells and its popular but it seems like literally everyone shits on it

No, it's not even a betting horse. It's mediocre in sales and content.

An MC from a failed manga

>its popular but it seems like literally everyone shits on it
So like Fairy Tail?

>An MC from a failed manga
Funny considering it almost beat One Piece in the highest selling manga of the year once

Fairy Tail was just fanservice: the anime though

So? When a story's writing goes down the shitter and the author loses his passion to the point that he doesn't care anymore, that means it failed.

It ain't 2010 any more man. One Piece has gone way down hill. Just stop.

Fairy Tail was never that popular

>It's mediocre in sales
How

Fairy Tail was massive, newfag.

It was in the public eye but it never got huge

Lord knows I hope not. Besides Gintama is anything in Jump worth reading?

I don’t think you know what failed means user

I like Dr. Stone, but fuck WSJ, Jump+ is where it is at, they have stuff like jigokuraku and soloist in a cage.

Attached: Dln51ipU4AAl76t[1].jpg (506x497, 88K)

I literally picked up the Fairy Tail manga the year it started, and it was always garbage. Only thing to note it has is subpar tits.

Okay, Natsu vs Gajeel was kind of cool, but that was really the peak of the series.

One Piece has never stopped being a juggernaut since it became one.

Physical volume sales are decreasing every year, at a faster rate than other series

>is always among the last to get spoilers
Dark Horse my ass. It's a fart in the wind.

It gets good sales and is successful despite not being popular, that fits the definition.

It's gone to Hell. Believe me, I was the staunchest One Piece defender about a decade ago. But in its current incarnation, its a pale shadow of what it once was. It's a shame, really.

Even the rippers think BC is trash

>Everyone shits on it

Only here and youtube when it first started.

no, literally everyone everywhere. And for good reason, it's shit

I dropped this. Did he really die?

Nice pasta

What's wrong Jimmy? Too scared to post in the actual BC thread?

Oh yea the 'you are jimmy since there is no way anyone can hate bc' meme. Yea its getting quite old and retarded now.
Btw i saw the same comment on a hxh thread thats why i called it a pasta

Attached: 1545443981416.png (1600x1600, 2.93M)

I see so much case like this. Just look at
Shokugeki thread and TG thread
It's start as comfy thread. Suddenly, it's full of jobber post and ntr post

People just don't want to admit they're wrong. I used to hate on BC too, and for good reason. The beginning was shit, but if you binge it it's actually quite decent.

king of shonen

Attached: TABATA A HACK.png (978x500, 437K)

Based

it's basically the pinnacle of "slightly better than mediocre". It's a butter sandwich.

It's not BAD, but it's not that GOOD. The sales are definitely not BAD, but they're not stellar either- particularly in comparison to the best sellers in the magazine. It's popular enough to get an anime that keeps getting new episode orders, but the anime is also pretty shitty.

I read it, I like it fine. I just get kind of annoyed sometimes when I remember that better battle shonen have been ended earlier.

So you just spend your life browsing threads for manga you don't like to shit on them?

>Father like figure can't die, leaving student angry or it's unoriginal

Isn't it in like its final arc?

Dr Stone is interesting. One Piece will be sick when it's done. Besides that fuck no.

People seem to think that for some reason but there's a lot to expand on

Isn't this just being pushed because SJ needs back-up in case something happens to Academia, Boruto, or OP?

It doesn't feel like it's being pushed

I really wish the anime wasn't shit. It probably would've gotten a sizeable fanbase, or at least one that isn't practically invisible.

Nope. It doesn't even came close to it's Rival MHA hell pre-anime MHA still sell league above BC who have ongoing anime.

It is a dark horse desu
The show is legit surprised me alot of time and I used to hate it until I actually read it.
It has huge potential and can become a legendary show.
I just hope Asta gets more development.
But there is almost no hope for the anime since it's in the hand of Pierrot.

It is a dark horse
It has huge potential and can become a legendary show.
I just hope Asta gets more development.
But there is almost no hope for the anime since it's in the hand of Pierrot.

You okay there?

It's a scene where they are sizing each other up, several different scenarios where they both see each other dying

Sadly this

>boruto
You do realize that series sells lower than almost everything else in WSJ and is decreasing in sales every volume, right?

Yep

No it's just the end of the first major saga, like the end of Alabasta. The author has planned it to last a couple hundred chapters at the very least

His definition was not incorrect per se. You are just being a pedantic jerk. In this case being the unexpected favorite does = good showing. Because to be the unexpected favorite of many people = good sales. And it does have good sales, and it also has the fan base to warrant a continuous anime in this day and age plus it is printing good enough money for JUMP. All of that = good showing.

None of this is true.

I am sure everybody does it at this point, but of course you dont do that right?

Shitposting aside, Jujutsu is the actual dark horse of Shounen Jump. It's still growing and outpacing series after series, yet people ignore it like this manga doesn't exists.

>yet people ignore it like this manga doesn't exists.
No, people ignore it because they don't like it

>Black Clover isn't selling well