m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPEcp2zla3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>choose Madoka
>some of my favorite doujins disappear

>choose Nanoha
>one of my favorite anime disappears

Ugh. Tough choice.

Can't I pick both?

All of source material like Manga's, Fan Art, Yuri Doujins & Hentai stay. But you just can't watch any of the anime anymore

Nanoha

Nanoha As was what got me into anime, but I think Madoka overall is the better anime (especially with Rebellion)

Nanoha, Madoka's ending is shit & we still have the hentai of it anyway

I am insensitive to the amount of damage, I just want both to die.

Madoka for sure.
I would cry bitterly for Nanoha though.

Madoka.
Nanoha is good and all.
But Madoka is a piece of art for the ages.
When time ends, and aliens will find our ruins even they will wonder: "how were the ancient humans able to produce something as divine as Rebellion?"

I pick Hunter x Hunter.

Nanoha

Attached: 060.jpg (1051x1500, 331K)

Madoka not my thing, too grimdark and stuff.
Nanoha every day. Note that Fate Testarossa only comes in that package.

YIKES, Rebellion was fucking garbage. Nanoha is still getting good movies every couple of years. Madoka might as well be dead at this point

That's only because you didn't understand it.

You're abso-fucking-lutely right.

I can't. Love them both with passion.

Attached: Mado_Nano.jpg (1294x580, 195K)

Anyone who shits on Rebellion does it because he simply didn’t understand it.

Can't they just get along?

Attached: 1516491417901.jpg (1527x1080, 504K)

This. There is exactly one anime that is unironically deep and needs a high IQ to be understood. And that is Rebellion.

Nanoha needs to be put out of her misery, but the same will go for madoka once magireco airs

>tfw Fate-chan's eating this out right now
How can someone be so lucky?

Attached: 1460031480659.jpg (1500x3295, 469K)

>madoka
>12 episodes
>series?

You mean Nanoha-Chan gets this body to play with, surely.

Attached: 986e34b972b63051f2a7ed0ada2501a9.png (755x1056, 766K)

Yeah, Fate is clearly the bottom. Kind of ironic considering that princely look that she can pull off.

Attached: Nanoha Neko to Tachi.jpg (1024x322, 73K)

Let's see... if I choose to save Madoka, then she could use her divine powers to bring Nanoha back.

Alright, Madoka it is!

I want to stick my dick in crazy.

Attached: akuma.jpg (2836x1595, 401K)

I say we pick BOTH Madoka and Nanoha and make OP disappear.

Attached: 1401937751991.jpg (319x207, 17K)

Only zoomers like Madoka.

What is this chart saying?

This is the only argument Madokafags have
"You just don't understand the message"
Oh fuck off, you can understand all themes and messages of a show and still not like it, because it's garbage.

It's the Neko to Tachi chart of the main Nanoha girls. Neko is the most submissive partner and and Tachi the most dominant one in a relationship. Analogue to uke and seme for shonen ai.

Attached: explanning ships.jpg (289x217, 26K)

Einhart doesn't really seem like a top to me though. She seems like a secret sub.

Attached: __einhart_stratos_and_vivio_mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_vivid_and_etc_drawn_by_layla_suptomat__0592d (495x700, 180K)

Nanoha >>>>>> Madoka

Only zoomers like Madoka.

Super Mahou Shoujo crossover when?

Attached: 8d5315f042.jpg (1300x731, 810K)

Not him, but in my experience, everyone who has ever explained why they think Rebellion is shit always misunderstood the plot. One flaw I think Rebellion has is that it takes multiple watches to really pin it down. That probably isn't a problem for people who were already fans of the original anime, though.

Yeah, Haru-nyan is pretty much based on Fate so she's fated to be the bottom to a Nanoha-based Vivio.

Attached: 1537809299752.jpg (2150x1489, 507K)

Nanoha
The usurper will probably find a way to bring Madoka back again, hahahahahahaha!

>you can understand all themes and messages of a show
Yes. Sure, but this is a generalization fallacy.
Only because there are shows that you can understand all themes and messages of and still not like, does nither imply that you understand all themes and messages of Rebellion, nor that you wouldn't like it if you did.

Rebellion is poetry. IT RHYMES. If you don't see that, then you don't understand it.
And this is a necessary condition, not a sufficient one. You don't need to understand it fully to see, it's just something you notice once you gaze past the most superficial veil.

Even I don't understand it completely. No one does. The full depth of Rebellion is so far beyond an ordinary anime, that its just ridiculous. If you would understand it, if you would see it, then you would be struck by awe every single time you thought back to it:
"How could someone create something... so perfect... so complete... it shouldn't be possible. The divine, so I was told, should not exist. Yet Rebellion does.
How were Humans able to create such a thing? Did God himself descend from the heavens, to direct them to dance to his tune? To create a miracle once again?"

Rebellion IS the second coming of Christ. And this is not an understatement. I would praise it even more, but I simply lack the words to express just how glorious it is.

Attached: BebePostRebellion.gif (500x280, 1018K)

I can never tell if your posts are bait or not.

Attached: not_this_shit_again.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

Nanoha

Madoka was a mistake.

Attached: fate.jpg (280x400, 48K)

Do you think, that after all those threads and all those debates, after pages upon pages upon pages of text that would probably be publishable, that I am still joking? Only because of the tone?
It's like saying that Brendon Tarrants Manifesto isn't serious because it has memes in it.

Attached: entropyBully.jpg (485x525, 100K)

The problem is I can't tell what you actually think and what you're bullshitting. You've had plenty of arguments where you woefully misinterpreted the series and Rebellion, which doesn't help your case. Not to mention you come off as extremely pretentious.

Reminder that this poster also thinks that the girls in Madoka magica have masculine personalities. Don't take him seriously.

Attached: 1536567879.jpg (537x537, 55K)

Would you a Homura-chan or Fate-chan?

Oh, no. I think everything I say, in full. Even the stuff that you probably think is insane.

>woefully misinterpreted
Look, I have probably lost some arguments in the past.
There were many many arguments.
But that is for one simple reason: Because I brought them up for debate.
And the debate was never baseless.
Remember this thread?: boards.fireden.net/a/thread/185571625
That was also my thread.

Every single time, I discover something new or have a new thought I just post it. And then we debate it. I am not always right. Sure. What gives? That is the purpose of debate. To figure out the truth.
Everything I post are my own original thoughts and ideas, and every time we have a nice debate thread about it.
If you only post your thoughts when you are 100% sure to be correct, then you are a coward.

Do you want to bring that up?
I would probably concede Mami and full inversion. HOWEVER, the general idea is extremely interesting in the way Madoka treats gender.
I was by far not the only one in the thread who agreed with the full inversion position. If you think that Madoka's characters are written with the intention of actually - in their character - representing 10y old girls. Then you are badly mistaken.
Madoka's characters are written as facets of Urobutchi himself, he never gave a damn shit about them being women or something. THAT is the origin of this idea. Also, the whole absent sexuality thing is deeply connected to this issue.

Attached: AndYouDon'tSeemToUnderstand.jpg (1920x1080, 565K)

>representing 10y old girls
Well, they're teenagers. And they do act like how teenagers would act given their situations, especially Sayaka.

Just looked it up, they are 14.
Sayaka is obsessed with principles, that is not an ordinary teenager.

Compare her to Nanoha or Sakura. It is clear which one acts more feminine.
Sayaka, for all intents and purposes, is a parody of Shiro from Fate/Stay Night.
A "Hero of Justice".
If you want to argue that that is a completely feminine thing to be, that is fine. I won't open that can of worms a second time.

>there only exists masculine and feminine traits
This is your problem. Not onldy do you think in black and white, but you're stuck in this traditional mentality.

The girls in Madoka magica exhibit traits in both categories (masculine and feminine), as do all human beings. However, the meaning of masculine and feminine is predicated on the idea that such traits and behaviors are intrinsic to one sex or the other, or that the are more common in one or the other. This is not the case in reality. Furthermore, they are merely stereotypes. To say that someone acts or should act like a man is sexist. Gender, as in the qualities of being masculine and feminine, is a meaningless and sexist distinction based in fantasy. They are artificially created categories that society created to enforce traditional gender roles. No personality trait actually belongs to either sex. Therefore, to say that the girls in Madoka Magica are masculine is not only meaningless, but dead wrong.

Attached: 15959554_p0.jpg (800x605, 221K)

Obligatory reminder that Einhart will always be the worst Vivio partner, a soulless designated ship from conception that Tsuzuki just arbitrarily decided people would accept as the new NanoFate. She's basically Vivid's Houki.

>you come off as extremely pretentious.
That is style.
It's to mock all those who think light of Madoka and bait them all.
For in all those arguments, we have never lost once against someone who came in and talked trash about it.
All of them got vanquished, one by one.

Also, I like the idea of Madoka threads being seen as pretentious - because that gives us the freedom to post pretentious shit without being labeled for it.
Someone might think: "Should I really post that? Well no, it's too pretentious"
And then he reads my posts which are so far over the top that it does not matter anymore.

And also, yea, I am pretentious, fuck me. Should I not post what I think is right because someone might think it is "pretentious"? I don't fucking care. Also, I like fancy formulations and this whole snobby elitist flair.

All of it is as intended.

I disagree with this, but it has nothing to do with Madoka. And If you want to debate it, make a thread on /pol/, where it belongs. I will gladly debate you.

Attached: SmugxHomu.png (1024x1014, 268K)

I'm just saying your argument is meaningless in the first place. We come from different worldviews, so I guess we'll never come to an agreement.

Your argument is that gender does not exist.
That is wrong. And it is seriously wrong.
If you want to debate it. Make a thread on /pol/ and we will debate it. And then you will lose that one.
Last time we had this debate here, the thread got deleted because of YouKnowWho.

Trick question.
Erasing Nanoha means Madoka franchise as we know it won't exist.

Gender, as in masculine and feminine, the personality traits and behaviors attributed to the male or female sex, is a social construct - a false concept, not a reality. It does not exist.
Sex, as in male and female, is a biological reality. Humanity is a sexually dimorphic species.
These are two words are distinct. Please do not confuse them as people so often do.

Nanoha's universe is more interesting IMO; you could theoretically ditch the entirety of the main cast & the world they inhabit would still lend itself well to other stories.

Also while I really liked Madoka, I abso-fucking-lutely don't miss the grimdark magical girl craze that spawned after it. Nanoha had the right balance of violence & magical girl elements.

Attached: 00075.jpg (956x991, 174K)

Madoka, obviously. A world without madokafags is blessed.

The edgy magical girl craze that came after Madoka comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of what made Madoka so compelling. It wasn't the darkness, it was putting characters we care about in high stake situations, combined with the speculah and symbolism that deepfags can dig into.

I am very much familiar with those neo-Marxist definitions.
Don't think I don't know what I am talking about. I have had and won this argument many times.
Here, I made a Thread on lets go there. I don't want this thread to be deleted once again.

Nanoha. Madoka has too many crackshippers.

Madoka please.

People think Madoka is a postmodern deconstruction, when in reality it is a metamodern reconstruction.
Truly it's has not come yet... But the day after tomorrow belongs to Madoka.

>That OP
>claims to know what he's talking about
laughable
also
>I have had and won this argument many times.
You didn't, though. All you did was plug your ears and spout your nonsense.

I'm certain he's the same guy as the 'you didn't watch it' user who was around for some years, also he's likely the same guy as a certain notorious namefag. He has a very identifiable style and spends his whole life all day making half-ironic madoka spam and basically ruined madoka as a product on Yea Forums.
As for whether his arguments are still int he right that's a different matter. He claims to have never lost but he couldn't properly answer my contextual aesthetic critiques and willfully misrepresented them later - which of course puts into question his own interpreting of a supposed sublime masterpiece that is Madoka.

I unironically have been posting on Yea Forums for less than half a year now.

>contextual aesthetic critiques
Which one?
Give me a hint, I have won too many arguments to remember.

If the thread on /pol/ expires, and you have not stated your case.
I will take it as you conceding the argument.
And I will forever mock you in all future threads for it.
And say: "I won that argument"

Nanoha best mahou shoujo

What are the exact conditions here?
One disappears and the other stays exactly as it is? In that case Nanoha may disappear, as we should be getting a new Madoka series soon, first the spin-off and possibly a true sequel some day.
Or one disappears and the other one absorbs it, magically guaranteeing more content? In that case Madoka may disappear, because 12 years after Strikers I gave up on expecting a new Nanoha series by non-magical means.

newfag

>he was a /pol/tard the whole time
>ancap flag
You're even more retarded than I thought.

What's the point of this thread? Is it just bait for contrarians to pretend Nanoha can somehow measure up to Madoka?

>/pol/tard
I spend too much time on Yea Forums to be a /pol/tard

>ancap flag
We had a john galt thread once... It didn't go off that well though, hardly anyone knew him.

So why don't you like it?

What do you mean with it rhymes?

Not him user.

Attached: ribbon1.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

But it's something.

Attached: ribbon2.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

like this

Attached: ribbon3.png (1280x720, 918K)

Attached: episode_6_connection_with_rebellion.jpg (1920x3888, 1.46M)

I didn't even think about this, nice

Do you mean the fact that Homuea and Madoka keep switching roles? From protector to protected

My image about the episode 6 connection is more about the theme of the morality of helping others.

I make a contract with Kyubey to save both of them.

Pretty much.
Rebellion is homura doing what madoka did and there are a lot of thematic reflections.

What the hell kind of shitposting is this? Nanohana sucks donkey dick and Madoka is probably the single greatest story told in the anime industry. It’s not even close. Madoka is by far the best series.

There would be no Madoka is Nanoha hasn't been as successful as it was. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Madoka practices repetition with changes in each cycle.

There are all transfer student scenes. That all mimic each other:
Homura transfers.
Moemura transfers in the past.
Moemura transfers in Rebellion.
Madoka transfers.

There are 2 hallway scenes, that repeat the same exact question: "Kaname Madoka. Do you treasure this world?"
At the very beginning and at the very end.

There are the Mami tea scenes, they all mimic each other:
Mami acting tough.
then Mami with Bebe. (Compare how Mami talks about her life in both of them)

Madoka running to school. In Rebellion and in the Series at the beginning. The dream scene at the beginning of the original series and of Rebellion.

The chairs with Madoka, and the 1 chair at the cliff in the end.

As someone said recently: In colorful everyone is dancing beside Homura. In the end, only Homura is dancing.

And to expand on that: The DDR dance scenes.
They are also similar. In the original series, Kyouko dances casually to "Connect(which is a song about Homura saving Madoka)" while Homura tried to get her to help her do what its lyrics say.
In the repetition in Rebellion.
Kyouko does not dance anymore - what is dancing are Homura's familiars.
Right after the Flowerscene. Because Homura regained her purpose, which is what connect is about.

The table with the many bugs, is a parallel to Homura's table and to the teaparty from alce in woulderland

Also this what other anons said.
Everything in pic related.
And many many things more.

Attached: RebellionExplained.png (2360x5928, 2.45M)

Nobody cares what would have or could have happened. I never said Nanoha isn’t old did I? It’s old. Are you happy. I’ll say it right her. NANOHA IS OLD. Whatever. That means jack shit. Madoka is a much better series.

here*

If you erase Nanoha then Madoka disappears. They decided to go with Shinbo to direct Madoka because he directed the first season of Nanoha.

Madoka literally only exists thanks to Nanoha. They went with Shinbo to direct a dark magical girl show because he directed Nanoha.

It surprises me that there's not as much of a direct link between Nanoha and Madoka as there is between Nanhoha and other franchoses inspired by it. Prisma Illya is a direst descendant of Nanoha, to the point where there's an official crossover by the Prisma Mangaka, but there's never been a similar one with Madoka.

>magical girl anime wouldn’t exist if Nanoha wasn’t around

Nobody cares and you’re wrong anyways. Magical girl anime would exist regardless and you can’t tell the future in alternate timelines. Madoka would have probably still been made. Stop trying to meme shit in order to make Nanoha seem comparable to possibly the greatest anime of all time.

See

The shitposters are here, it was a nice thread while it lasted.

>the table with the many bugs
What?

Aside from that its what I thought

Look at the thread OP idiot.
If you didn’t expect there to be an argument then you’re the dumb one for clicking on this thread.

So much for your arguments. Thread archived. You were so viciously B T F O ed that you didn't even reply anymore.
Now we have established that Gender and Sex are closely related and that masculine and feminine traits exist.

Not magical girl anime, magical girl anime directed by Shinbo.

It's an "inspired by Madoka" thing, it's a "the director of Madoka directed Nanoha and that's why the Aniplex producer had the idea of have him direct a magical girl show".

Sorry, I meant Ladybugs.
You know, when Homura and Kyouko are walking outside the city?
It's subtle and easy to miss, but I find it mirrors Homura's table at the end nicely and ironically.

Because other magical girl anime can’t really live up to Madoka.

Okay so what makes you think he wouldn’t have thought of Madoka anyways? He most likely would have. We don’t know. Don’t go around saying Madoka wouldn’t exist without Nanoha like its true and even if it was which it probably isn’t that doesn’t mean jack shit about which one is better. Being doesn’t doesn’t = better. That’s the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.

being old doesn’t = being better*

What could be a better use is in comparing the characters. Nanoha's a lot more proactive than Madoka is for example. Nanoha's more like Homura than Madoka, she takes her fate into her own hands and acts, rather than reacts.

Why can't I like both?

Attached: 1537890970245.png (500x636, 134K)

Nanoha, easy.

t. Didn’t watch Madoka

>inb4 I did
You didn’t.

>she takes her Fate into her own hands
Well, LITERALLY

I pick both and Card Captor Sakura disappears instead.

Attached: 1495401287810.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Vivio, obviously

Attached: 1512185111180.jpg (499x700, 95K)

Thanks for basically admitting you paid absolutely no attention while watching Madoka or that you just didn’t watch it and are getting all your knowledge of the show from YouTube. Everything you just said is absolutely wrong.

Madoka did as well. She did it every timeline. That and you need to go watch Madoka because the Wiki knowledge isn’t working too well.

Nanoha had a good run but it has nothing left to give.

Madoka still has untapped potential.

You proved that you live in a totally different reality in your head. You're not worth arguing with.

A sequel that isn’t the mobile game anime was announced.

You don't know who you are talking to. Also, you missed the pun.
Madoka can not literally take her Fate into her own hands, because she has a Homura instead.
Or to put it even more bluntly,
Nanoha took her Fate into her own hands to the extent that they sleep in the same bed.

As I’ve said before Madoka always takes her fate into her own hands every timeline and even now at the end of rebellion you already seen that Madoka was starting to ruin Homura’s plan already and Homura said they would become allies and that she’d destroy the world.

where

>allies
I meant enemies

Nanoha grabbed her Fate by the tits and forced her to marry, adopt a child together, and sell her sports car so she could buy them a bigger house.

No, she can't.
Because the difference between Nanoha and Madoka is that Nanoha literally has a girlfriend called Fate who she canonically(and in many doujins) fucks in the bed they sleep in together.
And they have a child together.

Madoka has it beat in story, music, animation, art, world building. The only reason the characters are more developed in Nanoha is because Madoka is only 12 episodes and a movie compared to the beat horse that is Nanoha. Madoka is by far the better series.

Why are we even comparing these two series? They’re nothing alike.

Madoka can easily make Homura legally change her name to Fate so she can take her capitalized Fate into her own hands too. Happy?

Let’s be real. The reason why Madoka stomps Nanoha is because of Urobuchi.

Nanoha is obviously superior. Only retards think otherwise.

The Inu curry art and the music also played a big part though.

No. You don't get to say this.
I posted a list of verifiable facts.
A list of verifiable facts and statistics offended you so much, that you couldn't even answer. PATHETIC.

The music in Nanoha sounds like Pokémon battle music. It’s ass.

The reason that Madoka stomps everything ever is not because of one single factor.
It's because the stars magically aligned and brought every single factor together perfectly.

Reminder that Madoka is not a lesbian and will never love Homura the same way Nanoha loves Fate.

It’s the greatest story ever told

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPEcp2zla3o

Attached: E88DC4DB-5FB3-4661-AD6B-CE55B6EBC314.jpg (500x690, 87K)

Not with that attitude, no.

Literally everything in that post was pure delusion. There was no fact in it.

It was a post talking about statistics.
If you don‘t understand simple math, then that explains everything

Nothing said in your post was true.