Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/186823309
desuarchive.org/a/thread/184756424
desuarchive.org/a/thread/177967379
desuarchive.org/a/thread/172775083
desuarchive.org/a/thread/172342597
desuarchive.org/a/thread/168122219
nycourts.gov/judges/cji/1-General/CJI2d.Circumstantial_Evidence.pdf
funimation.com/blog/2019/04/09/how-the-dragon-ball-z-30th-anniversary-collectors-edition-43-aspect-ratio-was-created/
youtu.be/4in3-ZyPneI
youtu.be/gfhzuNmMi-k
youtu.be/Blh5wXhy_pk
youtube.com/watch?v=HliilRJDSWk
youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=vZrP640wHXg
framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/YPYGNNNX
sharkrobot.com/collections/team-four-star
youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9AkJ1K7Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=bWoyuWUObUw
youtube.com/watch?v=TR8eAfJjNEw
youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My only problem is that Monica and Jamie haven’t been removed yet.

>English DUBS

Attached: 1514702914_XyLs1n9.gif (500x271, 1.99M)

>Film Grain
I love this meme. Are you talking about BDs or streaming?

>Jamie has been shitposting on Twitter for years
>only care now because someone told you that doing so would "stick it to the SJWs"
Stop acting like you even knew who those two were a month ago. It's pathetic.

my problem is that they're "subbing" too many anime this season

Knew them since Soul Eater back in 2009; can’t blame you for not knowing that, though.

DBZ looks so good with film grain, what the fuck is wrong with them

bump

they do this to subs too nerd

he's still fired and thank goodness for that
what a faggot, his voice sucked everytime

Who the fuck DOESN'T like film grain? It's there for a purpose.

Funimation has been raping Dragon Ball for nearly a quarter of a century. They can't let it go.

Add Latin American Spanish dubs to your releases.

Here in Latin America, Toei Animation straight up download audios from the fucking Internet because they can't bother to find decent masters in TV networks and it doesn't helps that there are no home video releases here.

Film grain stinks.

Why?

>>>/dub/ is that way, user

Vic will be there at KamehaCon this weekend and getting more bookings in the next couple of months. Also there's been rumors infigthing between Funimation staff and VA's about Vic firing and others, so it's a mess down there in Texas.

Funimation got worse after Sony bought them. The Sony executives in California hate anime and it shows in the product they go for.
These guys are going to do way more damage than Netflix or Crunchy. I think Prime don't give a fuck so they will do the least damage.

Get off the internet, Ron.

Well, Sony here in Latin America has a very long tradition of screwing up anime. They killed Locomotion and they fucked up Animax with a long chain of wrong choices, like focusing too much in seinen, not offering physical releases and dubbing every anime of theirs in a small studio in Venezuela, that couldn't keep up with so much work. Their only hit was Samurai X.

And vic has been molesting underage girls for years. You only care now because ann told you to

Present proof.

Who /vic/ here?

Nobody. He's just another useless dubfag.

How do we save vic?

Imagine being this autistic

>Funimation has been shit and raping all of their franchises for over a decade and dubfags are only now starting to realize that they suck because of the vic scandal

>seething this hard without even knowing what the thread's about

Dubfags are specially retarded.

Bang Zoom Entertainment is still based and is still employing Vic.

>all funimation does it make dubs

Who are you quoting, newfaggot?

>bang zoom
Their dbs dub was unironically kino

hownew.ru

> .ru
+15

let's not forget their shitty releases, their "subs", and their obnoxious fanbase shitting up threads for every show they license

>i got btfo'd and i don't know what to reply, i know i'll just call him a newfag that'll show em

What's wrong with their subs, of all the complaints about funimation i've seen, i don't remember anyone complaining about their subs

What the thread is about doesn't matter. It doesn't belong on Yea Forums.

Are you sure user?
Can you tell me what the thread's about?

localized dub script

Who are you quoting newfaggot?

desuarchive.org/a/thread/186823309
desuarchive.org/a/thread/184756424
desuarchive.org/a/thread/177967379
desuarchive.org/a/thread/172775083
desuarchive.org/a/thread/172342597
desuarchive.org/a/thread/168122219

(You)

It's either advertisement for Funimation or drama about westerners. Neither belong on Yea Forums

Fuck you Yea Forums you promised me Vic was going to die them into the grave this week and nothing happened
That unironically would have been the greatest thing to happen to English dubbing ever

On Monday.

Even if they died, someone worse would just step up in their place. Its always happens like this. Nothing good ever happens.

Allow me to explain!
Funimation recently released a trailer for their new DBZ Blu Ray release, the problem is that as said in the OP, they removed all the film grain and it looks like dogshit.
I really fail to see how it is not anime related

Attached: 1554391303197.gif (500x280, 1.7M)

Advertisement for Funimation, just as I said.

No one here seriously supports what happened to vic, right?

Every time a dubfag losses his job, I smile.

How is it advertisement when everyone is encouraging not buying them.

I would never have even heard of it if not for this thread. That means their reach increased.
And most people wont care about grain.

found monica

>And most people wont care about grain.
I hope most people in Yea Forums do.

>It's ok because normalfags won't care about it

Didn't say it was ok. It is just unlikely to affect sales.

Most people on Yea Forums will just torrent anyway.

It's Dragon Ball, who gives a shit?

Of course not.

It does affect the sales because they are supposed to be aimed at hardcore fans (meaning they probably will be expensive as fuck) and yet fail to please said audience.

>Didn't say it was ok. It is just unlikely to affect sales
retard

fuck vic

>Funi
Why does this pile of shit still exist? They never produced acceptable tier subs since their fucking inception.

>dubfags are only now starting to realize that they suck because of the vic scandal
>implying
Dub haters are the only ones using Vic to paint Funi in a negative light. They all thought Vic was a clown just a few months ago but suddenly he's "based".

The only way you could possibly think that if you just want to spite Funi. What they did to Frieza should be a felony.

I'm too poor to drop 350 on the set anyways so why do would I care?

#istandwithvic

Reminder that Funi hasn't produced a single frame of newly remastered animation yet and everything we've seen so far is just recycled from earlier HD transfers sitting on someone's hard drive at Funi.
Don't listen to shit-spewing Youtubers desperate for relevance and a paycheck. They've already confirmed that they have transfers of the original film of the TV show.

fuck that creepy weirdo loser, can't be super touchy with every female coworker if you value your fucking job, and then fall back on IM A DEVOUT CHRISTIAN as soon as you get flack, it's embarrassing to actual christians

>super touchy with every female coworker
Proofs?

t. Jamie Marchi

Attached: 1553264889910.gif (450x253, 997K)

I'm pretty sure that if that were the only problem nobody would complain, see the Disney movie comparisons to see what the real problem is about, that's what they are doing to this new release of DBZ.

anything beyond 3 independent witness testimonies is more than enough for a grand jury to rule guilty
nycourts.gov/judges/cji/1-General/CJI2d.Circumstantial_Evidence.pdf

don't you have 100 dollar autographs to charge little kids for vic? very christian of you

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't this whole dumb thing start with super sentai involved in some way?

Attached: image.png (800x450, 776K)

>not even Japan can give us proper BDs sometimes
>people expect that giving Funi 1 mil in kickstarter money will yield good BDs
fucking morons

Attached: 155433279011.png (640x480, 298K)

Carnal por favor, a nadie le importa esto aquí. Se llama Rurouni Kenshin o RuroKen, por cierto.

What they did to the Disney movies has to do with grain- it's digital noise reduction.

>Reminder that Funi hasn't produced a single frame of newly remastered animation yet and everything we've seen so far is just recycled from earlier HD transfers sitting on someone's hard drive at Funi.

Wrong. They made a whole blog post showing their """"remastering"""" process. It's a DNR hack job.

funimation.com/blog/2019/04/09/how-the-dragon-ball-z-30th-anniversary-collectors-edition-43-aspect-ratio-was-created/

something with fans complaining about his behavior, the expensive autographs might've actually started it, or maybe it was something else, but some of these complaints go far back as 2010

good post being held down by reddit spacing
this is Yea Forums fren, you don't need to add the extra space

I've been here for 12 years. Only Redditors even know about "spacing." Quit your fucking sperging and talk about the hack job being done to this show.

>I've been here for 12 years
no you haven't, I have, and you're likely from 2018 at earliest given you're redditspacing

I heard it was involving him refusing to sign something non canon maybe fma 2003 or possibly even robotech since he was in the macross dub.

this is incredibly off topic but it really kicked off with the pictures of him kissing that 14 year old back in January(?), which I'm not posting but you can probably find

Good things about Funimation's return:
>they don't fuck with the colors anymore
>they finally learned how to do softsubs

Bad things about Funimation's return;
>they're back

Attached: funimation.png (620x310, 13K)

They released the dragon boxes like a decade ago

2007. I've been bitching about DBZ's home release mishandling since the orange bricks. This is another incompetent move from a company that's fucked up this franchise for a quarter of a century.

Does anyone even actually care about funimation in this thread? You can tell by their website's quality they can barely keep the light's on

Are the Dragon boxes the best physical release I can view DBZ?

I care because they're trying to swindle a million dollars out of people to do a redo of the orange bricks, but with (badly cropped) 4:3.

Dragon Boxes are not perfect, the audio still is degraded shit.

It's the least fucked.

You don't have to hate Funimation anymore. They're not dumb Texans anymore, now they're slaves to the Japanese Sony megaconglomerate.

Banzai!

I got plenty of reasons to fucking hate Sony, lmao. They're still dumb Texans though. They just got more money.

>now they're slaves to the Japanese Sony megaconglomerate.
Which in turn became slaves to the absolute state of Commiefornia.

Banzai ja nai!

>sony
>japanese
hi there, old man.

So, if crunchyroll is based in commiefornia, and sony is slave to commiefornia, does that mean that all anime is commiefornia?

>STILL have the fucked aspect ratio from their shitty DVD boxset releases that cuts off the sides

Yeah, no. Fuck that.

Theyve never done a good dub

>Toei will never make an HD Dragon Box with original broadcast audio

Fug

>good dub
there's no such thing

>does that mean that all anime is commiefornia?
Crunchyroll hasn't influenced actual anime productions yet, they just force their bullshit through twitter and they retarded awards; and as long as Fate GO keeps making Sony money through Aniplex they won't let anime media be all influenced either; it's video games that are fucked.

>there's no such thing

Attached: 1553248201964.jpg (640x470, 159K)

>*Space Dandy exists*
>*both FMA series exist*

Attached: 11721369493_f26faa7b11_o.jpg (930x613, 389K)

They flat out refused the fan recorded tapes with broadcast audio, Toei and Japan in general won't let their stuck pride allow them to release an actual good product.

>haha meme ghost story so good amirite!
No. It's a complete rewrite and utter shit, you nostalgiafag burgershit.

The new DBZ Blu-ray sets they're advertising are not that bad

>I'm contrarian, that makes me unique!

>It's there for a purpose.
Come on now user, you can prefer the film grain look all you want but you know shit like that isn't true.

>hating on the Ghost Stories dub
Congrats on outing yourself as a newfag.

Attached: 1554393308050.gif (500x500, 313K)

dubshitters are the contrarian. normal human being watch subs (ORIGINAL language)

>Why didn't mommy love me?! At least my online family will respond to my obvious shitposts!

welp, at least CR is based for not giving a shit about Shield Hero's drama

Can you do one where you *go back to r/anime*?

sasuga dubshitter

Fuck Toei

dubs wasted on this cringe faggot

their subs have inside jokes or replaces stuff that was not in the jap script like talking about the patriarchy and other stuff in a simple joke

At least Vic will have his revenge.
The IRL Shield Hero

>Who the fuck DOESN'T like film grain? It's there for a purpose.
You are a retard.

Sorry, I'm not a member of reddit.

I somehow doubt that, user.

About as retarded as someone who understands that that clean digital look is completely unnatural. That's not what the animation is supposed to be.

youtu.be/4in3-ZyPneI

Attached: 58e7a3b47242472c062f6c60624080e1.jpg (1136x640, 54K)

Why? Reddit sucks.

His Rohan sounds like Broly if he ate a whole tank of helium

>"you don't have to hate Funi anymore"
>immediately follows up with a reason to hate them
Sasuga

>tfw just waiting to see how this all plays out
Its going to be one big bitchfest no matter the outcome.

Holy shit they're actually bragging about cropping the originals.

So that once youtube ended up getting their discord raided the other day filled with people who just kept bugging them about the quality of the blurays, nothing bad but they got banned, to follow that up people spammed the discord and the employees/mods pms with pictures of film grain until they got banned, finally the discord got spammed to fucking death with KEKREN, KEKLY, KEKGETA, and KEKHAN causing the whole fucking chat to lose it

The Dragon Boxes and the Level Sets are the best DBZ home releases, unfortunately the latter only contained the first arc of Z and were never finished

Attached: 2A44CFB2-02FA-4DDB-877F-358B90A092CD.jpg (678x960, 196K)

anime "youtubers" deserve all the shit in the world

ITT: off-topic, extremely low quality or this user is underage.

Is English your second language, user?

I haven't slept in awhile, too much news is keeping me up.

>posts slice of life garbage
everytime, without fail

hush hush, plebbitor

Attached: leave.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Then you've only been here a few days.

Thanks anons, I'll check it out

Go stand in a garbage dump, broken bot.

You stuck in the mud of the past? Need a hand?

The past should be preserved, yes. Falsly giving old things "newer" looks that make them fake, and almost digital is disgusting. Like filters on an emulator- but even worse. You can't turn them off.

Monica is delusional if she thinks she's safe from being sued. I heavily look forward to the victory.

Sure anti-funimation user, you are in wuv with outdated grainy shit. Kindly go back to the 90s era and stay there for eternity.

Would you fags shut up about that already? It's getting tedious.

The show is made in the 90s. I'm not particularly sure why you would ever want to take it out of there.

It’s coming soon

Attached: B7671AC1-DF98-46C4-9907-7909B5562793.jpg (1334x750, 200K)

Didn’t Funi release ReZero with a dub on BD, but all the footage was fucked up with banding? And then they never fixed it nor finished releasing Re Zero?

these threads are only made to talk about that, so if you don't like it you can fuck off

I can’t wait for countless Funi threads next year when the second season of Dragon Maid is released and dubbed and they slip in another SJW one liner

From what people were posting a few threads back the author knows about what they did and has directly contacted them threatening to pull out.

says the monicabot

Nice to see that dubfags are at least aware they are absolute cancer. The next step is to kill yourself.

I will, but before that want to see how Vic takes the whole dub industry with him

Funimation staff bringing quality threads and posts to Yea Forums as always.

user....

Attached: 1549925955718.jpg (729x511, 76K)

Not Yea Forums, fuck off.

based sch*zo poster

how is production quality not Yea Forums you seething newfaggot? come on, say some more newfaggot shit for attention

Nigger the entire blog post is just showing the 4:3 crop. The fucking "remastered" shots in the side-by-sides are literally old shitty HD transfers from the Dragon Boxes.
They say in the same post that they have the original film transfers to use for the remaster.
They have not made the new HD transfers yet you fucking autists.

Look everyone, funi redditors cant even into quoting

Are you fucking blind? They're moving forward with the DNR.

>Regarding the image itself, there is some digital video noise reduction to clean up some of the noise, dust and grain from the original film materials, which we felt was mandatory for this release based on the different levels of fan support from various past DBZ releases with different levels of noise reduction over the years.

It's a completely nonsensical response. This is supposed to be a box set for the "ultimate fans," but they include """"restoration"""" techniques from the orange bricks, cause they sold well.

Stop spreading misinformation. Stop lying. And stop supporting Funimation's hack job.

cringe

The UK release had the same issues which suggests it was a problem with the masters they were given. They did offer a disc replacement. Also the entire series had been released.

I never said they wouldn't use DNR you illiterate fuck. I'm saying the shots they've shown us so far are only to illustrate the 4:3 ratio and they haven't shown us what the final masters' noise reduction will look like.
It COULD look like shit, but until there's actual confirmation of that, all of this controversy is manufactured by Youtube clickbaiters.

Their yu yu hakusho dub had good voice acting despite the autistic script changes

Based, but I wonder if he has that kind of swing. Toei does, they have strong armed Funi into making lots of dub changes to Super. But I’d assume a small author on his own doesn’t have that power.

You are completely and utterly delusional. THEY put out TWO videos advertising their remaster. They put out this blogpost with comparison imagery, and you're saying we shouldn't use it as a benchmark? That despite a multitude of offerings from them, we're going in blind?

Fuck off shill. This is unacceptable. Funimation wants a million goddamn dollars just to create this thing, and they're charging out the noise regardless once they have the end product.

People don't want DNR. People don't want the cropping they're doing. nothing you say will counter that, other than you continuing to stutter on that "t- this isn't the final product!"

>Funi's DBZ dub is probably the best known anime dub in the world, next to 4Kids' Pokemon dub
>"they've never done a good dub"
Why are Subhumans such autistic contrarians?

No it didn’t. You only think it was good because you watched it after school on Toonami. Your nostalgia is clouding your judgement

And Funimation's DBZ dub isn't good. It's well known, but it's not good.

Funimation DBZ isn’t what people remember though. They remember the amateur as fuck dub that was done by the original company that I can’t even remember the name of. The one that aired on TV in the 90s

>retards have nostalgia for it
>this means it’s good

>They put out this blogpost with comparison imagery, and you're saying we shouldn't use it as a benchmark? That despite a multitude of offerings from them, we're going in blind?
Everything they've shown so far has literally been previous HD rips for other box releases put through their 4:3 crop.
If they had actually ever finished the previous HD releases I'd say it's possible they're just going to repackage that old footage, but HD transfers of the original show all the way through the Buu saga don't even exist.
It's not just unlikely that Funimation is using the same old shit HD transfers, it's physically impossible.
What they've shown so far is just jacking off about 4:3 and trying to explain to the hyper-autists in the fanbase why the crop will be somewhat different from the TV crop. They haven't addressed the film grain or DNR yet, we don't know what it looks like, and you're all buying into an autistic Youtuber's campaign to cause a shitstorm and generate views for his dying channel.
Wait until we have actual newly remastered HD footage, then we can talk about Funimation fucking the film grain up.

Also, 99% of people don't give a shit about the DNR and wouldn't know the difference if not for said retarded Youtuber. The set is already reaching it's preorder goal and will probably sell out regardless of fans kicking and screaming online because people fucking like Dragon Ball.

Funimation was always technically involved. Saban was involved for the first 52 episodes, with Canadian actors getting outsourced, but it was always Funimation who owned the rights. After the first 52 though Saban got the boot, and they did everything in-house.

newfag

I only got around watching YYH very recently and alternating from dub to sub on my watch i can say at least yusuke and kuwabara had good VAs
youtu.be/gfhzuNmMi-k
youtu.be/Blh5wXhy_pk
None of the other performances really stood out to me

DBZ wasn't even that huge in the west until around the time Funimation aired Cell Games anyways, which was well after Saban's time with the series.

This. The Ocean dub with the hard rock score is what people remember fondly because it was part of their childhood. It was still a shit dub, as they all are, but nostalgia isn’t something you can buy.

Iirc Kuwabara’s dub VA can’t even do that voice anymore

So 4kids dubs are good now because they're well known?

>Also, 99% of people don't give a shit about the DNR and wouldn't know the difference if not for said retarded Youtuber. The set is already reaching it's preorder goal and will probably sell out regardless of fans kicking and screaming online because people fucking like Dragon Ball.

You are an actually, legitimate, unironic shill. Who in god's name would actively brag about how people have already given a corporation money? Like, what are you accomplishing other than to either protect your payroll, or flaunt how people you don't know are making money off of bad decisions? This is mental illness of the highest degree.

I mean for god's sake, where do you even have proof that this isn't what their end product is going to look like? Are you indicating Funimation are simply that incompetent, and that to 'wow' people with their new release, they showed footage that intentionally looks like what people DO NOT want? Why would you ever do that? Why, as an advertiser, would you EVER do that?

>They haven't addressed the film grain or DNR yet, we don't know what it looks like

They literally said they're going to use DNR. We know what their DNR looks like in the past. They have shown imagery that does not imply it's going to be any less than before. Why do you have blind faith in this product? This product that you have to INVEST IN to even possibly get?

youtube.com/watch?v=HliilRJDSWk

Reminder, this is what Funimation thinks is acceptable for a home release.

Dumb faggot fansubbers do it all the fucking time and you faggots all praise them for the great filesizes
Fuck this retarded culture created by daiz where it's always good when a fansubber does something and always wrong when it comes from official sources

They'll be dead soon. Toei aren't happy, a lot of things have been happening that makes it seem like they'll be telling funimation to fuck off forever. The others will follow if Toei tells funi to die in fire.

The problem is not removing the grain. It's making it all muddy by using a shitty technique to remove it in the first place. They did it fine in the Level Sets
They also fucked the colors

Original Yugioh and GX have a kino dub despite the censorship

>claim fans don't want this box set
>box set is selling just fine
>SHILL SHILL SHILL REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kill yourself you inbred fuck.

Did it not occur to you that maybe I have some faith in this production because DBZ interest is at an all-time high, we've gotten several years of high-quality product output from movies to vidya and even figures, and that the pre-order incentive system consistently produces higher quality collector material than typical approaches to media production?
Did you put any thought into this beyond FUNIMATION BAD?
Honestly, was there ever a point that you were even going to consider dropping the money for this box set? You're seeing doomsday scenarios because you want the box set to fail in order to make up for the fact that you were never going to spend what they were asking for it anyways.

Imagine being this retarded.

>Dumb faggot fansubbers do it all the fucking time and you faggots all praise them for the great filesizes
I don't

>it’s good when a no resources fansubber does it for free
>it’s bad when a fully stocked company does it for profit
Yes, that’s correct

>he
COOL is a woman. Also
>implying funimation will be around much longer
They're on Death's door thanks to politics and the only thing they and their ilk are doing is doubling down. Pissing off the fans is one thing. Pissing off the creators of the media itself is a very different beast.

>it's good when someone produces crap content in a way that isn't profitable because munny bad
Shoo shoo commiecuck

Toei raked Funi over the coals when they lets the whole TFS cast come in and dub a scene in Super. They were already on thin ice. This Vic McNuggets business is gonna be the breaking point. They don’t care about Vic, they care that Dragonball is closely tied to the discussion. If Toei pulls out, then Funi loses One Piece too. Unfortunately though, I don’t think that’s enough to take Funi down though

Toei shitting themselves over TFS dubbing a scene when the entire point of DBS is fanservice and the manga is LITERALLY being done by a dojin author will never not be fucking retarded though.

>HD
>looks like watercolored trash; is cropped like Hell
Every time
>Did it not occur to you that maybe I have some faith in this production
>because DBZ interest is at an all-time high
Dude first of all that's just naive, second they've already released comparisons, we already know what it looks like. You'll call me a shill because this is Yea Forums but this video will show you youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo
It looks bad. What "faith in this production" is there to have, unless you think they'll 1. fix the colors and 2. either find a better way to remove the grain or not remove it at all? Neither will happen

>we've gotten several years of high-quality product output from movies to vidya and even figures

And what the fuck does a third party dubbing company have to do with any of that? They aren't making any of the shows, or the games, or anything. They're a middle-man for adapting this franchise into English.

I like how you offered no counter to what I was saying. Funimation put out two trailers and a blogpost, but you spew how we don't know what this product will look like, while doubling down at how impressive it is that Funimation has almost swindled a million dollars out of people. Meanwhile, you try and pull a 'no true scotsman' by claiming I'm not a fan, since I am hesitant to $350 on a piece of merchandise whose every bit of advertising has raised massive alarm bells.

You call me inbred. I am saying this unironically: if you put money down on this, you are making an unintelligent decision.

Toei just REALLY hates TFS. It’s kind of funny though, some of the TFS VAs actually became full on Funi VAs and have roles in Super

TFS dubbed a scene of Super?

>return
Did they ever leave?

>If Toei pulls out they lose DB and One Piece
Do you think that every other Jap company won't look at the fact one of the biggest companies pulled out of Funimation and question what the fuck is going on. They lose Toei others will follow. You don't lose the biggest without repercussions.

Yea one of the joke flashback scenes. Funi previewed it, but when the actual episode premiered on Toonami the VAs were changed because Toei told them to knock that shit off

I mean I would hope so, but I have my doubts.

>second they've already released comparisons, we already know what it looks like
But that's what I'm saying - the comparisons they've released are just old box set HD transfers cropped to the new 4:3 style. I don't think Funimation have actually created any new HD transfers from the original tv films they claim to have, which would make sense because they haven't actually finished the initial 3000 pre-order campaign.
They're not going to start production on the final transfers until they're sure the initial pre-orders go through, so getting those pre-orders was likely to secure capital to pay for the new HD transfers.
They've already stated the new crop is a manual process so any noise filtering or retouching will likely be manual as well, frame-by-frame and very expensive. And that's why I don't think the footage they've shown is actually indicative of the final product - they just have to show SOMETHING for marketing.

Everyone made the same doomsday claims about FighterZ, or about ToeiAnimation when Super started, or about Toyotaro doing the manga. Toriyama not being attached to the new products, or the original animators not being attached, has been parrotted endlessly as a doomsday sign. It's just not convincing.

It was a Kai scene not Super.

I hope TFS buys the rights to the original Dragon Ball anime and does the entire show as a redub in retaliation.

>implying they could afford that
>implying anyone could afford that
Toei has no reason to ever put any of their rights up for sale

>Toei just REALLY hates TFS.
Because they are making profit from dubbing over their licensed product without permission.

Is anybody going to post a comparison video or picture?

>But that's what I'm saying - the comparisons they've released are just old box set HD transfers cropped to the new 4:3 style.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF OF THIS.

You are given three- THREE sources of video footage of what they use to sell this box set to you, and you "don't think" that that's what it will look like. No disclaimer saying it's "not the final product," no nothing. Just your gut feeling.

>Everyone made the same doomsday claims about FighterZ

What? People fucking raved about FighterZ. It killed Marvel as a game.

>or about ToeiAnimation when Super started

Rightly so, it was bad. Are you saying the early episodes of Super weren't a rushed, mistake fo a job?

>or about Toyotaro doing the manga

There have been Toyofans who've sang praises about him constantly: arguing that it's the "true" successor to Dragon. Granted, then he got caught for tracing, but that's a whole other bag.

I'm just going to say it. You are blind, and naive, and probably already dropped $350 on this, and are doing your best to rationalize why you invested such.

Well we'll just have to wait and see.

>tfw not even fucking blogposts are available in my country

fuck anime licenses and licenseholders

Right here, side by side.

>Nichijou
>Garbage
Pick one user. Though I see why they posted that when bitching about Dubs I find that the comedies always sound the worst dubbed

Actually, hold the fucking phone.

What does that say on the top left of my image, you absolute fucking moron? You genuine goddamn buffoon? Cause, if I am reading right, it say "new remaster." As in, THAT'S WHAT THE THING YOU'RE PAYING FOR WILL LOOK LIKE.

Attached: 1534838364944.png (1385x728, 1.37M)

How have you not realized that all of that footage is from the Level Sets

why the fuck does this shit never include dragon ball?

>NEW REMASTER

No you gormless slackjawed fuck. This is your 350 dollars. This is what Funimation needs, you two digit IQ paypig.

Because there was no drama.

They literally show is perfect looking raw footage in their blog post. All they have to do is upres it.

>CR
>Based

Attached: Go home.jpg (1042x968, 270K)

It’s not even that. They straight up made t shirts and other merch with Dragonball shit on them. It astounds me that they don’t understand why Toei is always up their ass

>Not available in your country
I get it, I'm not American. I was just curious.
I found a link: framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/YPYGNNNX

Nichijou has never been dubbed thankfully

They stopped doing that, right?

sharkrobot.com/collections/team-four-star

These feel like what I would find at a shady mall kiosk in the early 00s.

>They're not going to start production on the final transfers until they're sure the initial pre-orders go through
I assumed the opposed was true when they said this "wasn't a crowdfunding thing" or whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg

>my power's maximum

nichijou is trash and everyone knows this

>Nichijou
>not garbage

Here's your reply.

Last I heard they got a C&D but considering it must mean fuckall or only cover a certain timeframe.

I’m noticing some Hellsing ones in there too, but whoever owns that must just not give a fuck since I never heard any drama about it

Most of the shirts there look like they'd fall under parody. I feel like I remember some more straightforward Dragon Ball merch in the past that must've got taken down.

That’s probably it, I looked again and I distinctly remember some that were much more blatant DBZ references that aren’t there now.

That said, I find it hard to sympathize with TFS getting harassed by Toei all the time when they willingly poke the bear like this all the time

I see everyone here talking about the footage remastering but the true question remains.
Are there any chances in hell that they use the jp broadcast audio, or that they will include a remastered kai-tier english dub.
If any of these 2 become true this release automatically goes from trash to kino

Attached: D3jeA5_X4AEGVzg.jpg (731x396, 52K)

I don't think they mentioned anything about the broadcast audio, and I'm sure they are not doing a new dub

wtf Goku

It's original english release DBZ. No re-dub and I assume using the Faulconer score. I doubt they'll even include the JP audio.

>I doubt they'll even include the JP audio
Literally what's the point then. Wasn't this for the "hardcore" audience

Hardcore retards who buy localized shit, maybe.

People who want the subs are just going to pirate them anyways though. It's not like the subs (or Kikuchi's score) are funimation's product.

They're targeting this to "hardcore fans", i doubt they even include the faulconer score just like they did with the dragon boxes

Attached: 1554681505861.jpg (359x530, 41K)

>you are most unkind!

Toei and even Funimation didn't give a fuck about DBZ fan works until Super started up.

The dragon boxes released in Japan first though, the English release was just English audio stapled on top. The 30th Anniversay Box by Funimation is its own thing as far as I'm aware, so I don't see why they wouldn't use the Faulconer score.
Also, "hardcore" fan to Funi doesn't seem to mean what "hardcore" fan means to Yea Forums.

I’m pretty sure Faulconer is 100% off limits

Funimation still doesn’t care. They actually like TFS, and employ some of their VAs full time. The issue is 100% on Toei

This. Faulconer got a stick up his ass about royalties and Funi just told him to stick it in his ass because the payment he wanted was too much

>is a snake den
>inserts sjw propaganda into scripts
>removes grain and turns saturation up 110%
>finally released dbz in 4:3 but even perfectly good frames are cropped to shit

The blue bricks have Faulconer, it clearly wasn't much trouble to get them that recently

They still had faulconer in the blu rays despite that tho

why do you faggots even care? Nyaa has released subs for this show a long time ago or are they not good?

Attached: 1537459848187.png (1600x900, 1.19M)

Have their been any more SJW propaganda inserts lately? I’d assume no since I never hear anything. Last one I remember was Prison School goober gate line that I’m pretty sure was cut for the BD

>autistic
This is fucking stupid

Grain itself is not a good thing. It's a negative byproduct of traditional 2d animation. Ideally, it would never exist to begin with and we'd see exactly what the animation cels + post processing looked like without the grain.

That being said, trying to remove exisitng grain in a way that doesn't cause more issues then it solves can be iffy. Funimation is too lazy or incompetent to do it well, hence the orange bricks, season sets, and now this; but it CAN be done well.

Why do mods now approve of Funimation shilling?

I think the Maid Dragon things were the last ones

Tons. It started long before Prison School, that was just the one to bring it to light because it was so heavy handed and obvious. Any show that has Jamie Marchi as a script writer likely has SJW stuff tucked in it. I know Maken Ki did, but it was all subtle enough to fly by. Dragon Maid had the patriarchy line, and Hajimete no Gal had lines about Trump and cucks

Because they're as new as OP.

Because we're talking about anime

Their VAs cut out the middleman and go straight to spreading it on Twitter and in panels

see OP seems more like a shitposter and/or funimation shill

Then it's because they're even newer than OP.

I know I said that in the post you replied to

Much like old games and scanlines, old anime is made specifically with grain in mind. Taking the grain/scanlines away makes it look like garbage because it was designed to be seen with the imperfections. I saw an image of an old game not too long ago, it was comparing the sprites with scanlines on vs. scanlines off, and the sprites had a shitload more detail on them when the scanlines were turned on. It was like black magic

Here it is

Attached: scanlines.jpg (500x500, 38K)

It's their own problem now that they're a step away from going under.

It's pretty likely since the staff dragged their own names through the mud instead of lawyering up.

>Toei raked Funi over the coals when they lets the whole TFS cast come in and dub a scene
Is there any source on that, or is this just fanboy headcanon on what they want to have happened. The only thing I've heard is that Toriyama is a fan of TFS. Sean who voices Goku though hates them to the point of cringe because he claimed that it's because he sees himself as Goku and gets defensive over other people trying to be Goku, and making fun of Goku.

>The only thing I've heard is that Toriyama is a fan of TFS
I don't believe this
>Sean who voices Goku though hates them to the point of cringe because he claimed that it's because he sees himself as Goku and gets defensive over other people trying to be Goku, and making fun of Goku.
This I believe since he tried to get Kelamis to leave that con for the same reason

This.

Can't find the photo and story, but from what I remember Toriyama gave MasakoX who voices Goku for TFS a Goku figure, and told him that he enjoys their show, Masako fanboys out over it in the video. Toei probably had it taken down, but it was probably 5 years ago.

Voice actors are getting pretty cancerous the past five years. I remember early cons where they were all happy to see fans, and were grateful for the opportunities given to them, and barely knew anything about their own characters or shows they worked on. Now they act like they're superstars and expect to be treated as such. You used to hear all these fun con stories from them at the after dark panels, now they just piss and moan about politics, and fans ask them retarded shit like their stance on gay marriage etc.

This may sound stupid but I prefer the grain because it makes it feel like a tangible thing. Someone drew and painted those cels.

What did they do.

Can't be worse than any of the Funi Freezas

>best known anime dubs in the WORLD are all English dubs

sasuka American

Not stupid at all, it means you have eyeballs. Grain vs No grain is not even an aesthetic debate.

>Grain itself is not a good thing
Way to out yourself as a absolute retard, grain has no inherent quality and has a place in visual mediums depending on the circunstance, and there is still the astheticaly pleasing effect but thats a whole diferent story.

Grain removal however is objectively bad as your are removing visual information therefore creating a lower quality product.

Funi is much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9AkJ1K7Gg

BangZoom with the same scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=bWoyuWUObUw

To be fair, I like Wendee's Bulma than Frog Lady's Bulma though.

Sean is an isolated case because of how significant Goku is to anime, it’s went straight to his head and ego. Most of the VAs are still in that same boat of barely knowing their characters unless it was one they really enjoyed doing the part for, or it was a role that really helped them break out. I know Ian Sinclair really enjoyed doing Dandy, on top of it getting his name well known. Dandy references are present in lots of other dubs if Sinclair voices a character in them. But he also isn’t a cunt about it.

Iirc despite it being his career defining anime role, Steve Blum has never watched Cowboy Bebop in full

I mean it’s kind of true. The original is #1, and the American dub is #2. Nobody gives a shit about anything else unless they live in the country the dub came from

What the fuck is film grain? Excuse me but I don't stream anime. Only newfags do that shit.

Not even gonna give that post a (You).

>What the fuck is film grain?
>Excuse me but I don't stream anime

I don't you dumb fuck.

You mean Horrible Subs is doing most of their work this season.

You're a retard.

Yeah it tends to be that the problematic voice actors are more full of themselves than their characters. Sean is full autist about Goku. Amanda Winn Lee went full autism to the point that they couldn't work with her for Rebuild of evangelion. She went mad with power in the End of Evangelion movie and insisted on a bunch of changes. Like adding a splat sound fx when a guy got shot, over saturating the whole film to try and censor Rei, in the dvd commentary she said she wanted to put out big black out bars to censor the nudity. Then her twitter she was having a breakdown over not being used for Rebuild, or the Netflix dub. Either way I wouldn't say that Sean is an isolated case, but the actors who are cringe about their characters are the vocal minority.

I looked it up. Never got that shit in my anime. Since you kids haven't been around long enough you'd know there are better alternatives than streaming sites, rookies.

You can stop pretending now, it's just sad.

Just in case someone who is less retarded has the same question and is lurking, older Films/Television and animation were all shot on film stock instead of digital. Film inherently has a layer of visual noise called grain, modern digital photography does not.

Some believe grain looks old or bad so there is a process of denoising that exists that can remove grain, but you can't just delete visual information from an image and expect perfect results. Removing grain via a 'smear' algorithm causes excessive loss in detail and visual artifacts (Pic related)

The new DBZ sets are excessively degrained, have had the colors cranked up to excessive saturation (also losing detail) and have been improperly cropped (losing out on a large portion of the peripheral image).

Attached: IMG_1843.jpg (800x386, 33K)

For a more fair comparison see pic related, animation suffers more than live action when degrained and thats saying something.

Attached: grain vs grain removal.jpg (750x500, 240K)

Looked her up, seems to have a very sparse work list, so it seems she wasn’t pushed out of just Eva. You are right though, it’s not just Sean, but when there is someone like Sean, it feels like it’s an entire industry issue.

Wasn’t the woman who did the dub voice for Asuka also autistic about the character?

>tfw Chad master race that torrented the slightly color corrected torrent of the Dragon Box with Broadcast Audio, and by changing the hue a bit got the perfect colors with Dragon Box footage
It's not in HD but I don't really mind. This is the best version of Z I can watch. Goku's gi is actually orange and not the Dragon Boxes' near red

Attached: goku.png (901x829, 1.44M)

Faulconer music > Original Japanese music,

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You got the arrow wrong, you meant "

Before you make a lengthy post trying to argue with a dubfaggot, consider the fact that the person you're trying to argue with literally cannot read.

Tiffany Grant just likes everything Asuka, but she's one of the good examples of a fangirl, and doesn't go on tangents or have that animosity that many of the others have. Spike Spencer who voices Shinji though is an anti fanboy, it's pretty base depending on how autistic you are about his characters. Pretty much he hates Shinji and mocks the character during his panels, which triggers self inserts, then a lot of people get upset when they ask why he's a voice actor and he just says he does it for the money, and if it didn't pay enough he wouldn't do it. A lot of the other voice actors though have less issues about characters, and are more about pushing agendas by using their platform.

She was, but in a positive way. She has a fuckload of Asuka merch and loves all Asuka fans, but also understands some people like Rei and that’s ok too

in my experience people who do sub/translate/dub things are usually narcisistic talentless hacks with a big ego

Grain removal isn't the problem. The recent Japanese blu-ray remasters of the movies removed grain, and they look fucking stellar. The problem is Funimation's "remastering" process, which is complete ass. The only times a Funimation release of Dragon Ball has looked good are the Level sets (which were cancelled very early on) and the Dragon Boxes (which are just repackaged, localized versions of the Japanese Dragon Boxes).

Attached: pAU1WB4.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

>That pic

Nah, sorry. Doesn't look right.

Would be better with grain.

How have they still not learned how to put subs on the top of the screen? How have they still learned to not fuck up when multiple people talk? How have they still not learned how to typeset? Why do people pay for this garbage?

I mean grain has a cool nostalgic factor to it, but objectively speaking, this is the best the movies and specials have looked.

Attached: Ny3nN47.png (960x720, 761K)

in ny
in texas that shit don't fly

I can still see the smearing in the lines. It doesn't look right. Like it was painted. Whether or not it's the best, that still doesn't mean it's optimal. This show was animated in a time where grain was simply a fact of life, and that should be respected.

it looks like fucking shit, and it's way worse when in motion, especially the smear around the linework and the backgrounds.

objectively speaking, this is the best the movies and specials have looked.
Objetively speaking there has been detail loss and artefacting in this, so by definition it isn't and it can't be the best the movies have looked objectively

*>objectively speaking, this is the best the movies and specials have looked.
fixed

It's still not green

Attached: ACqbQdc.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Yeah, wow. That's bad. Do you genuinely think this looks good? Look at the lines. They are smeared to hell. Almost looks like it's CG imitating 2D, like in FighterZ.

Bulma a cute

that line from her boob on her arm that I wouldn't have noticed with grain

>chika

Do the people bitching about the way the lines look not remember that Toriyama's art from this time period didn't have the super straight hard lines of later DBZ?
As long as Funimation can avoid blowing the colors out and don't completely fucking ruin the DNR I don't see being able to see the strokes on the linework as a problem.

Yeah just cherry pick one of the most abysmal possible animation remasters and act like that's representative of everything.

>Do the people bitching about the way the lines look not remember that Toriyama's art from this time period didn't have the super straight hard lines of later DBZ?

Hey buddy, I love Toriyama, but this isn't supposed to be altering or redesigning anything to fit some potentially arbitrary artstyle. This is supposed to be staying true to the animation that was created three decades ago.

DNR is not fucking staying true.

Give some fucking good examples of DNR. Cause an user's been posting the "best Dragon Ball's looked" using it in this very thread, and it's shamefully awful.

It is representative of how bad it can get, yes

DNR doesn't alter the existing linework, stop hyperbolizing things to make a point. DNR is going to reveal details that weren't meant to be visible in the original production - for some people that's a point of interest rather than a flaw.
Either way it's silly to act like the original rough edges on the animation work somehow never existed before now.

>DNR is going to reveal details that weren't meant to be visible in the original production

No, you absolute fucking mongrel. It's going to TAKE AWAY details, because you're removing layers from the animation. You are taking material away for some perceived sense of cleanliness, when that was never what the animation looked like, or was intended to look like.

Good god.

DNR can be completely inoffensive, I'm sure you've watched a ton of HD animated material and never even noticed that it didn't have film grain.
Disney's remasters were butchered so badly because they used automated programs to remove the grain and noise uniformly for every frame, which is akin to building a house of cards with a bulldozer.
Since DBZ's linework is much higher contrast (usually straight black) and the animation significantly more limited, the chance of the DNR just torpedoing the linework and shading is very low.
Also I'm assuming Funimation is using the box's high price point and limited production to fund the remastering process, rather than doing it (cheaply) out of pocket just to put something on the market without much audience interest like Disney did.

It can do both, actually

>Also I'm assuming Funimation is using the box's high price point and limited production to fund the remastering process
They already showed the remaster, user

Oh my god, did you even read the thread before you wrote all that? We have VIDEO PROOF of what the "remaster" looks like, and it's shit. It's the orange bricks in 4:3.

The DNR removes the grain and visual noise from the film medium. That's not detail that the animators deliberately put there. It actually makes the image clearer - clearer than it was intended to be on broadcast, which shows some details like lines being overdrawn that wouldn't have really been visible.
Film grain only loses you detail when you're doing real life photography (like that Arnie example posted earlier) since, not when you're doing animation with large blocks of uniform color - unless your DNR just flat out deletes dithering or small linework like Disney's.

Okay, so you're this guy again, right? Get up to speed. This DNR process IS deleting linework. It IS doing everything wrong you could imagine.

It's been made excruciatingly clear that the promo material they've shown is meant to illustrate the 4:3 re-cropping, being compared to the old level sets. If production has already started on the final rips then what was the point of the whole pre-order campaign, and why haven't we been shown any footage from later episodes?
The old level sets are definitely what Funimation wants people to believe the new box set will look like, but since people have raised such a big bitch about the film grain and color balance I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in a different direction. It would be pretty ludicrous of Funi to actually make the entire new HD set before getting audience feedback.

Show me an example of the DNR in this set deleting linework.
We've seen it delete linework and shading in the Disney remasters, several years ago and with dogshit DNR programs done on the cheap, but I don't see any deleted or rubbed-out linework in
The smearing of the lines is a detail of the original film medium, you just weren't supposed to be able to see it

>The old level sets are definitely what Funimation wants people to believe the new box set will look like
Because that's what they should ideally looks like
>but since people have raised such a big bitch about the film grain and color balance I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in a different direction
This is retarded. Why would they go in a different direction after the bitching if the bitching was precisely about how people WANTED it to look like the Level Sets

They have not made this clear, point to the actual statement or fuck off shill.

>The smearing of the lines is a detail of the original film medium, you just weren't supposed to be able to see it
Yes like said.

Sure light DNR looks fine on the cels, but check background detail!

There is NO reason to use DNR for film grain. FACT.

>If production has already started on the final rips then what was the point of the whole pre-order campaign

To earn a million dollars off of a bunch of buffoons. It's like your brain is finally just clicking in!

They have. in NO WAY, shown they're going to go a different direction than what we've seen. They've created multiple videos and blogs defending their choices.

youtube.com/watch?v=TR8eAfJjNEw
youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo&

Two videos detailing it right here, you quite possible Funimation shill.

>why would funimation take the time to make a few proof of concept frames to appropriately market their product

I don't know funimation shill, why wouldn't they?

I fucked up, not the Level Sets but the other fucked up HD "remaster" that had the colors blown out. It's 1 am here.
My point is that the promos we've been shown represent what Funimation wants people to believe the final product will look like - blown out colors, no film grain at all, etc. But it's very unlikely that these are the actual final production transfers and were probably made using earlier HD transfers with the new 4:3 crop and maybe new DNR just for promotion materials. So it's quite likely that the final product could deviate from what's been shown so far due to audience input.
Funimation would have to be pretty goddamn stupid to soldier forward with a final product that keeps the blown out colors and heavy DNR in the face of the current fan response.

My point stands, it's watcheble if that's what you want to know, but then again even VHS rips are and the degrain artefacting is even more atrocious on the normal series as it's way grainier due to using 16mm film instead of 35mm and then there is the grain size that needs to be taken into acount and degradation of the masters.

Not to mention the DNR fucking up the colors and saturation and grain/mood set debate.

You can stop pretending to be retarded now

The blog post is about the 4:3 cropping procedure. There's one line about how they're going to be using DNR, but "multiple videos and blogs defending their choices" ? You wot? There's like 2 teaser trailers and a single blog post about a clearly unfinished product.

talking about the new collection being hyped as some super limited hardcore only collector's edition. they released a trailer and everyone shit on it because not only does it use the same shitty DNR as the orange bricks, but it oversaturates everything AND it crops too much. it's 4:3 but they cut way more than they needed to which means more of the image is being lost than when they made it 16:9. after people called them on it, they damage controlled and showed a bunch of comparisons on their blog with the remaster vs raws without the corrections and DNR trying to show how the bad cropping was just from the early episode and it all still actually looks really good. It doesn't and the raws look better...

They did the blogpost after people freaked the fuck out from their horrible choices, and all it did was show their ignorance. They included a video showing just what they want the set to look like, and it's atrocious.

I'm not being retarded. The DNR makes the show look almost digital. It's awful.

>The smearing of the lines is a detail of the original film medium
it isn't. show me cels from that movie with smeared linework

"Watchable" doesn't mean acceptable. There is no reason to use DNR on those masters. The Level Set approach was the best move.

DNR doesn't just exist to eat film grain though, it's purpose is to remove visual noise like dust or damage to the original film. Sometimes you have to end up eating the grain just to maintain visual consistency, although quite often it is just unnecessary over-editing.
Personally I don't get the grain thing for tv broadcast animation, the resolution on tvs at the time DBZ was broadcast would make actually seeing the grain impossible anyways so in my opinion it's just an aesthetic thing - on big screen movies the resolution makes alteration to the grain very obvious and so preservation is more important.
I think maintaining the coloring is more important but some people have said the colors being blown out in earlier HD transfers was due to the DNR itself, so...

Not him, the issue in the movie remasters are backgrounds not the cels.

I don't watch, let alone buy their garbage so it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

>h-hey guys do I fit yet

Yeah but the blogpost really only tackles the 4:3 crop. Literally one sentence about using the DNR. I'm sure there will be more to come and Funimation may double down on the bad choices, they probably started with the 4:3 crop because it's the easiest thing to demonstrate and probably the least controversial element of the remaster.
If they come out with a blogpost screaming I'M DELETING THE FILM GRAIN AND NO-ONE CAN STOP ME while showing footage from the Buu saga with Gohan in a tomato red gi, I'll accept that it's the end times.
Until then I maintain my right to believe in the fundamental goodness of human beings.

>I think maintaining the coloring is more important
I agree (along with keeping the aspect ratio). The best release so far, the dragon boxes, has less than ideal colors, only "fixed" with this kind of approach

If I want to watch DB as it was broadcast I have the Dragon Box DVDs hooked up to a CRt for that. The purpose of a bluray is to look BETTER than the original release. Grain IS A REQUIREMENT for all of the detail in the original masters. Cleaning up dirt and scratches can be done manually (that's what they were doing for the level sets). There is no reason to use DNR unless you are cheaping out your consumer base.

Now of course proper aspect ratio/Color are more pressing than light DNR, but an ideal release should have none of this.

You're in full denial shillmode. If they were going to look different they would have announced a clarification right away. What you see is what we're getting. They didn't even 4:3 crop properly because that looks like a recrop job instead of the broadcast ratio.

>If I want to watch DB as it was broadcast I have the Dragon Box DVDs
The Dragon Boxes fucked up the coloring (Particularly noticeable in the sky, which is too green). That's the reason people aren't satisfied with Dragon Ball releases to this day, because otherwise the Boxes are fine (I mean, that and the Broadcast Audio issue)

Why? You have two videos, and side by side imagery displaying what their intentions are. They defended their use of DNR based off some bizarre logic about past buying preferences from consumers. You are literally assuming this will all work out without a single shred of evidence.

Meanwhile, Funimation is taking a million dollars from people just to have this hack job put together. You are getting swindled. Bamboozled. This entire company is making an ass out of you and me.

>that's what they were doing for the level sets
And they couldn't afford to keep doing it. I'd rather just have a proper DBZ box set that's at least watchable than be in a Deep Space 9 situation where making anything that would live up to fan expectations would be so prohibitively expensive as to be logistically impossible.
I'm also like 97% sure that the entire point of doing the limited releases and the preorder campaign was to build capital so that Funimation could pay for higher quality transfers done all together rather than doing them piecemeal, but everyone else seems to think otherwise.

I'll take that over the issues in the other sets (16:9 cropping)

The ideal way to remaster a series would be to rescan the original cels and all and master them into 35mm or 75mm film

If you guys have this much time to bitch you have enough time to get a girlfriend. All of you are fucking stupid.

>And they couldn't afford to keep doing it. I'd rather just have a proper DBZ box set that's at least watchable than be in a Deep Space 9 situation where making anything that would live up to fan expectations would be so prohibitively expensive as to be logistically impossible.

My mouth literally dropped when I read this post. Are you FUCKING AWARE that Funimation is crowdfunding this box set? They are getting literally a MILLION DOLLARS to put out orange bricks in 4:3. And you say it's "too expensive" for them to produce?

Oh woe is me. Those poor penniless anime distributors. I'll just chuck 'em that $350 in good faith. I ain't using it.

You don't belong here.

>they couldn't afford it
Bull fucking shit. They didn't HAVE to afford it. Stop sucking corporate cock. If Funi wanted they could get it done. This set SHOULD have been a means in which to guarantee funding for a full level remaster. I'd pay 350$ for the whole thing properly done. But no, they release an abomination.

Neither do the people who linked me here that said i'd get a good laugh at sad little men. But this isn't funny, it's just pathetic, including yourself.

Never ever happened and never will. I own a few cels one of which is from dragonball, that's not how it fucking works.

I have one

The average consumer thinks that any HD version of DBZ looks neat-o. It's been a handful of people stirring up the internet shitstorm over the quality of this remaster. Funimation likely assumed that putting out something on the level of the previous remasters would be fine, but they're not locked into doing that by any means (again, assuming they haven't actually produced the new transfers, which would be fucking ludicrous if they did)

Past buying preferences from consumers doesn't really mean dick when you have a limited release collector set though, does it?

I'm glad you're ignorant enough to not care about film preservation. You certainly showed me.

Butthurt Funimation employee detected. Release quality products or die.

Cool what's your cel like

This remaster wasn't marketed at the average consumer. They already have their Bluray sets. This was for hyperfans and with a 350$ pricetag and limited release I expect quality.

>assuming they haven't actually produced the new transfers, which would be fucking ludicrous if they did

We have video proof of what they think is acceptable.

>Past buying preferences from consumers doesn't really mean dick when you have a limited release collector set though, does it?

EXACTLY! Which is why this whole situation is insane!

>local user forgets how to read, doctors worldwide astounded
>"we honestly thought he was merely pretending!"

Bulma from OG Dragonball in the 'turn into a carrot' episode after she changes to the cute middle eastern outfit.

You're bitching about products that you didn't create. And if you pay for this stuff, then simply stop and most importantly, stop bitching and find something better to do.

I read your post, but I refused to believe you comprehended the situation enough for the logic you used to make sense.

This is not worth a million dollars.

>implying Yea Forumsnons care about 3dpd
>implying that the ones who do care don't get them for lack of time
Imagine having an IQ this low

No the level sets were actually just not turning a profit, doing manual cleaning on the original film material is super fucking expensive and their options were to either charge way out the ass or drop the quality and neither one was going to get them more sales.
Blowing money out of your ass on a project that ultimately nobody wants to pay for isn't how successful businesses are run.

Consumers have a right to speak out against shitty products, especially if that shitty product has no alternative. FUCK OFF SHILL.

Get off, Yea Forums.

>men
we are all girls here amigo.

You sound like a snowflake right now. Are you sure you're the one that doesn't belong around here?

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF CROWDFUNDING YOU SHILL APOLOGIST RETARD

Oh, I'm sorry. Did Funimation create Dragon Ball? Whoa scenes did Sean Schemmel animate? I'd love to see inner workings of Chris Sabbat's direcctional choices for episode 162. A real visionary.

I am accusing these third party Texan middle-men of swindle perfectly innocent consumers out of seven figures of money to sell trash.

Fuck you, you absolute maroon.

So both of you admit that it's in Funimation's obvious best interest to listen to fans on this one, right?
So why exactly does a 1 minute promotional video probably produced a month before the announcement date that says "Our unfinished product will totally look like (HD rip with crop job)" preclude Funimation from unfucking themselves?
At this point the only thing they've doubled down on is the 4:3 cropping, which is really miniscule.

funimation go to bed

Cute, little girls. With me being the cutest of course!

Not an argument, I accept your concession. I will continue to avoid your products and suggest others do the same until quality standards are met :^)

What proof do you have that they're going to do anything different, you idiot? We have two videos and a blog. You have NOTHING that shows information that would console fans. You are going in on blind faith.

The thing is, blind faith doesn't work when they are asking for money UP FRONT.

It's our right to voice our disapproval for a product so either the problem gets fixed or more people become aware of it.

Stop copeposting or playing put out the fire. If they were going to look different they would have released a statement DAYS ago saying that this isn't final and addressing fan concerns. Videos talking about this have hundreds of thousands of views right now, they'd put out that fire if they could. The reality is what we saw is what we're getting.

You do realize that if Funimation fully crowdfunded this and ended up with 38 quadrillion dollars from the rabid retard DBZ fanbase, they'd have to actually answer for what they did with that money, right? They can't get away with burning the extra on hookers and blow like most literally whos on crowdfunding platforms. It would bite them in the ass, unquestionably.
So their solution is this pre-order system which guarantees they'll only end up with the amount of money they need to make good profit and not be responsible for the shitty decision-making skills of internet mongoloids.

>assblasted about people shitting on (((funimation)))
>OH YOU GUYS ARE SNOWFLAAAGES
>bitching about the sexual habits of anons
>b-but u dun belong here
Nigger please

I never buy non Japanese BD's anymore. I used to do that back in the days when I didn't know about their shit quality. Well what do you expect when you jam 12 episodes on 2 fucking disks. The Japanese never do that and as someone who has been buying and comparing for years. I can safely say that you won't find better quality compared to the Japanese one. Never since did I invest any money in any money Japanese BD it's just a waste.

None of this is an excuse not to use crowdfunding to fund a proper release like the level sets, besides attempting to maximize profits banking on ignorance and laziness rather than releasing a quality product. Good thing people are speaking out and they are getting FUCKED over this.

This doesn't even have anything to do with Funimation. This is about how all of you bitch and bitch and bitch about shit you didn't create. I already posted my suggestion but i'll repeat it; stop paying for this product you bitch about, save your energy and get a girlfriend. And shut the fuck up.

Is Funimation purposely trying to burn their reputation?

>The thing is, blind faith doesn't work when they are asking for money UP FRONT.
user if you weren't going to drop the money on this box set anyways then no amount of better retouching will make you. The people buying this set know what they're buying.

Do you really think it only takes a couple days for a decision like that to be made though? I'm sure Funimation's marketing team had a whole little roll-out plan of showing off the box and the new footage and all that as the preorder campaign went through, and now with all the controversy the whole thing's gone to shit.
My stance has consistently been to wait until we see some HD footage that isn't just side-by-sides of the level set so we can see exactly what Funimation is doing before we declare doomsday.

Blind faith that everything will turn up shit is just as silly as blind faith that everything will get better.

>This is about how all of you bitch and bitch and bitch about shit you didn't create
Literally what is wrong with that

You didn't reply to this. Funimation didn't create Dragon Ball. They are middle-men. Do you even have any knowledge of this subject, or are you that genuinely ignorant, that you stumble into a conversation knowing nothing, because you feel you can gain some vague sense of superiority?

That is bizarre.

The irony of the people bitching in the criteria is they are broke like a joke while Funimation employees are at home enjoying their steaks.

dragon ball sucks

Attached: 1380944245479.jpg (646x484, 39K)

This is usually good advice but sometimes nips can be real niggers about their BD releases too. I'm looking at you, EVA.

Is that even a question? Where the fuck the question mark? This thread is frying you're brain.

Yeah it does, good thing this is a DBZ thread

>lol why are you complaining about sony 4k tvs not reaching 2160p you didn't create it
>why do you care about mcdonalds putting rat poison on the food just don't eat there lol
Imagine having such a cuckolded modus operandi
>save your energy and get a girlfriend
hownew.ru

Do you really spend that much on Japanese versions? Those prices are ridiculous.

>user if you weren't going to drop the money on this box set anyways then no amount of better retouching will make you. The people buying this set know what they're buying.

Okay, so now you're creating a strawman out of me, while assuming the literal THOUSANDS of people who are preordering this, understand the nuances of video restoration to comprehend the negative effects of DNR, and aren't just ponying money up cause they're fans of Dragon Ball.

I can't tell if you are showing blind disrespect, or blind naivety.

>Blind faith that everything will turn up shit

It's not blind faith that everything will turn up shit, when the multitudes of video proof we've been given are shit! That's analyzing the information at hand! It's basic deduction.

I would LOVE Funimation to prove me wrong, because I would like an ideal Dragon Ball box set. But they've done nothing to calm my concerns.

YOU, yes, YOU, should get angry. Because anger drives changes. If they are seriously holding out on what this will really look like, then put pressure so can we tell.

>This thread is frying you're brain

>he doesn't know about the Yea Forums/biz/

Yes. Funimation ahould have had a few proof of concept shots ready for the trailer in your fantasy scenario. After the MASSIVE BACKLASH (10x more views on criticism videos than purchasers of the set) they should have IMMEDIATELY clarified the situation, something that would take only a few words on twitter or a blog.

The reality is, we're getting a shit sandwich. I'm not avoiding expressing my consumer dissent on blind faith like you. Us talking about it REALLY DOES effect sales. A proper set would have sold 2x as much day one.

I will not buy your product and I will shout why in every corner of the internet I can. Do your job and make better releases instead of damage controlling on the internet.

I can see why women wouldn't be attracted to you.

>Blind faith that everything will turn up shit
It's not blind, it's based on evidence.
You're the one with blind faith that it will all turn out good

>p-p-please just don't buy it and s-stop talking about it... i-incel!

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because they aren't lesbians?

Some are

>All this damage control
Holy fuck I thought funi shilling their garbage was a meme.

Attached: 1527575084941.jpg (432x417, 22K)

>insults him for not putting a question mark
>cant even use correct grammar yourself
high quality post there, faglord. At least we know youre baiting now

I can see why you hang out around here with the other children.

I'm not attracted to them, i like men

Funimation, you fucked up, just admit it.

I'm not creating a strawman out of you. The people who are paying for this set have looked at the promo material, which apparently is the divine fucking text of this box set, and said "yeah I could drop $350+ on that". They're not children, you don't need to be the moral arbiter of their money and nobody is being decieved
>YOU should get angry
There are already a million fuckers online furiously tweeting at and bitching at funimation about this box set. Most of them have no real idea what they're bitching about anyways and are just parrotting youtube videos. I've already made my decision in regards to this set, so unless Funimation somehow decides to go full fucking nuclear and make everything WORSE in the face of harsh mass criticism, I'm already happy with the outcome.

I, too, would love a perfect magical 16k full film grain original 4:3 etc etc box set for the series, but I'm also attached enough to reality to see that it's unlikely to happen and not willing to let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough.

-1 post limit

No, it's very very real. No real user would post what some of these people have posted. There is so much money on the line for them right now and each lost sale is a big deal.

Please cite a single post telling people to buy this set. I would LOVE to see the shill in action.

>downplaying consumer dissent while upplaying "the poor gigantic company"
>Trying to run out the clock
Funimation shills

>Horrible Subs
does ripping from crunchyroll count as work

The pre-order campaign is already like 2900/3000 though

They aren't shilling for sales, they are attempting to quiet consumer dissent so that ignorant people will buy more. Each dissenting voice is a potential lost sale.

opposite, trying to get this dedicated reddit thread off Yea Forums

>I'm not creating a strawman out of you.

Fuck off. You said I wasn't going to buy the set no matter what. That's creating a strawman for no reason other than to cope over this inferior product.

>not willing to let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough.

What is good about this set. No seriously, what is good compared to something like the 2003 DVDs, which is the litmus test they utilized. THOSE looked BETTER!

>poor gigantic company
[Citation needed]
>downplaying consumer dissent
"There are already a million fuckers online furiously tweeting at and bitching at funimation about this box set. "
Do you just have selective illiteracy or something

>discord tranny shill trying to derail the thread
Go join the 41%

Attached: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (589x323, 14K)

>You said I wasn't going to buy the set no matter what
IF you didn't have the money to. This is objectively true - the box set being of better quality isn't going to manifest more cash in anyone's pocket

Would have sold and then some day 1 if the release was well recieved. That's just bare minimum which Funi obviously doesn't want. They want the gravy. In fact hitting bear minimum is the worst possible thing for them because they actually have to spend money making the product but will get the least amount possible. That's why they bumped it up another 500 units when they saw the reception and feared the worst.

Calling the expectations unreasonable is downplaying consumer dissent, shill.

>single-digit number of people on a chinese rice farming imageboard
>threatening to topple the massive network of youtubers and etc complaining about the set
Oh no
Nobody has suggested buying this box if you don't like what's been shown, even ironically

>I, too, would love a perfect magical 16k full film grain original 4:3 etc etc box set for the series
That's not really what we're asking for, the RAWs they showed on the blogpost with good cropping would be good enough, and that's not near what I greentexted there. The problem is the colors and the subpar process used for grain removal. Better to remove no grain than to do it badly. The Dragon Boxes are literally superior to this

>actual discussion about animation and shitting on funimation
>reddit thread

>funimation thread
>not a reddit thread
lemao

No. That is not what you implied.

>user if you weren't going to drop the money on this box set anyways then no amount of better retouching will make you.

I have $350 in my bank account. Truthfully, I have a fair bit more than $350 in my bank account, because I am a functioning adult. I would spend $350 on a worthwhile product that I would know I'd value. This is not that product. You seem now to be avoiding the entire conversation of what is good about this box set, to imply I am a poor NEET who is not within your demographic for purchasing in the first place, you genuine Funimation shill.

Hm yes this actual thread discussing ANIMation, its film preservation and a release of the most popular ANIME of all times is off-topic, I see.

user I literally selected unreasonable expectations you fucking child. Was 16k resolution not a tip off?
Retard

You do know that maximum sales on this set is like 6,000 units right

didnt read, reddit, lool

300,000 views and counting from ONE voice in the community. Keep crying shill, i'm posting reasons why it is unacceptable in every possible DBZ consumer forum and encouraging my friends IRL not to consider the purchase.

You have no reason to want us to stop "bitching" otherwise.

>all these unironic dub watchers
I wasn't aware that Yea Forums is actually full of casual underage normalfag americans.

Okay? I never implied you didn't have the money, I said IF you couldn't drop it then quality of the product wouldn't change that. You keep getting oddly defensive about yours and other peoples' money.
If you don't want the box set don't buy it user, but stop pretending like other people can't make that decision on their own as well.