Where was Shinobu originally from, if she's not Japanese?

Where was Shinobu originally from, if she's not Japanese?

Attached: __oshino_shinobu_monogatari_series_drawn_by_servachok__ca27b17e23fd83fa0e29e5dc7d8fa7f0.png (676x1000, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirroredtranslations.tumblr.com/post/150923063617/the-cruel-fairy-tale-of-princess-beauty
youtu.be/7tbgSVGiGC8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebe_(mythology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

italian

Aberrations aren't from anywhere.

Iceland or some other Scandinavian country.

Attached: 9236482341.gif (640x320, 3.03M)

She's japanese

Directly contradicted in Kizu.

Mexican and German

your thinking of hachikuji, user.

Attached: 92691023134.jpg (960x540, 78K)

I'm fairly sure shinobu is klara's self-insert. Yep. Klara from the heidi anime, and all of monogarantarari is basically one of her fever dreams. Which renders her german.

Attached: heidi-3.jpg (223x166, 12K)

She's from Canada

Heidi takes place in Switzerland though...

There you go.

Attached: 1538786711089.gif (960x540, 2.13M)

Yes, but Klara is german.

>trains for fucking ever to learn how to walk
>in her dreams she's sitting around with a dull expression on her face

Finland :D

Romania

Attached: 1537683492618.jpg (2400x3285, 1.86M)

Attached: 1524251132349.jpg (1016x1117, 224K)

I think France, but I'm basing that entirely on the fact that the Kizu ED was a French song.

that's white power sign

nuh uh

Attached: 1502677658945.gif (540x540, 245K)

I'm fairly certain that isn't true

Vampires are Romanian by origin but could be anything.

I'm trying to do an airing order watch through of the monogatari series to compliment reading the books, even though I already read kizumonogatari, do I gain anything from not watching it for a while, or should I just watch it after I see all the bakemonogatari episodes since the movie was delayed for financial reasons?

I always say Kizu after Bake

ERABE.

Attached: 1541306806438.jpg (1528x1060, 331K)

12 > 8 > 18 > 17 > 10 >>>>>>>>>> 27

12>8>10>17>18>27

They call her a "foreign woman" in kizu.
At least I think Hanekawa does, speaking about the urban legend going around.

8>10>12>27>18>17

The OK hand sign being a white power symbol is literally a meme started and propogated directly by /pol/. I remember the thread where the idea was proposed. By claiming it's a white power sign you are literally being the punch line to the joke.

Shinobu > Any form of Kissshot
She herself agreed in Mayoi Jiangshi, don't bother her about it.

Why not all?

Fucking fatass

The area where Germany is now im pretty sure

guaranteed replies, it seems

White lolies are better than anything Japan can muster anyways

Klara is from Frankfurt am Main in Hesse, Germany.

Was she even a normal human once? How was she turned? Or is she the original vampire?

Guessing France cause of the existence of étoile et toi in Kizumonogatari movies

But that could just be cause one of the monogatari director’s really likes French films so idk, definitely Eastern Europe though

Attached: A6201464-58F2-49F2-84E1-ED80F0A3FC66.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

The story Acerola Bon Appétit from Wazamonogatari revealed that her human name was "ロラ" which is pronounced "Rola," and can be translated as either "Lola" or "Laura" - personally I prefer to interpret it as Lola since it's a more direct translation. A quick Google search shows the name Lola comes from either Spain or Germany. Since one of Shinobu's OP's has a German name, (Mein Schatz) it can be inferred that Shinobu is from Germany.

Attached: mvd2tjgm911qali3yo1_1280.jpg (750x1125, 486K)

She was a super-beautiful princess, and then she got blessed/cursed.

Cursed with immortality and the thirst for blood
Blessed with a fat ass

I think the curse was that people turned into her slaves just from her beauty. But I'm not sure anymore. Maybe that was just her natural beauty?

Is there anyone who can remember this shit properly?

>Maybe that was just her natural beauty?
It was her natural beauty. Someone on Dumblr translated Princess Beauty (and I think all of Wazamonogatari): mirroredtranslations.tumblr.com/post/150923063617/the-cruel-fairy-tale-of-princess-beauty

Attached: DHMP9AD.jpg (1200x848, 125K)

But then you end up watching the best parts of the series in a row and everything else will come as a dissapointment.

If we believe her given age, she can't actually be from "germany"
I'm not really an expert, but did the old Germanic tribes/states have princesses and castles of the like seen in shinobu's backstory?

BRAZIL
youtu.be/7tbgSVGiGC8

or the perpetrator of the joke, and that's not entirely true, same way as with it's okay to be white signs, there were some reports in low tier media about it before pol picked it up

Wrong.

This, she's a god damn sexy Itaker.

Attached: 1450153272035.gif (500x500, 1.33M)

She's almost 600 right? 1400 Germany was part of the HRE. For sure they had castles, but I can't say anything about Princesses

>she can't actually be from "germany"
She can't be from Germany because "Germany" was founded in the 19th century and founded again in the twentieth century (a few times).
In the middle ages, there were many German countries.
>did the old Germanic tribes/states have princesses and castles of the like seen in shinobu's backstory?
Castles they had plenty of.
Princesses too. Since there were so many German states, most of the princesses' parents were quasi-sovereigns as well, differently from whatever was going on in other parts of Europe.

Pointless monologue to follow:
The The thing about "princes" is that in the German language, Prinz[essin] means something slightly different from the English prince[ss].
The former is the offspring of a ruler, while the latter can also be a ruler in their own right.
The German title of "Fürst" (pronounced much like the English word First, and coming from the same linguistic root) is the German equivalent to that English Prince = ruler.
By law, the German empire with all the countries that were included in that, could have only one king (plus a second one for Bohemia). Every other ruler would have to be satisfied with the title of Fürst (Prince). When the Prussians acquired lands outside of the empire, they used that opportunity to declare themselves kings. Still being part of the empire, officially they were called kings IN Prussia, rather than kings OF Prussia, until the empire came crushing down.

Oh right, I forgot that "Germany" as we know it today didn't exist until relatively recently by historical standards. Anyways if Shinobu is really 500 - 600 years old, and we're assuming she's from what would be modern day Germany, then Shinobu would've lived within the Holy Roman Empire sometime in the 15th century; which is fairly reasonable for a time of princesses and castles in Shinobu's backstory to exist.

Attached: 1280px-Wernerprokla.jpg (1279x947, 400K)

What does that image have to do with what you are saying?

It's a painting depicting the unification of the German Empire - which can more or less be considered the formation of modern Germany. It's one of my favorite art pieces, so I figured I'd just post it since the topic of discussion was on Germany.

Attached: IMG_20160604_174400.jpg (1000x1545, 343K)

12 > 17 > 8 > 10 > 18 >>>> 27

>France
>Eastern Europe

wut

>Araragi and Shinobu still haven't admitted their mutual love that has existed since the very beginning of the story
For fuck's sake, it's been a decade already.

Attached: 1447061050352.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Kiss-Shot Acerola Heart-under-Blade is a fairly common name in Europe

The entire point is to make it a sign by causing outrage about it being a sign. This allows for plausible deniability while being able to make fun of the people who call it one.

27 is the obviously correct choice.
After that, 10, 12, 17, 8 and 18 in that order.

I want to bleach the snail

I want to drink milk from Kiss-shot's milky huge vampire tiddies.

Doesn't matter, I want to pick up her tiny body and fuck the absolute shit out of her

Hebe Shinobu = best Shinobu.

Attached: IMG_20190406_084653.jpg (820x512, 109K)

Only loosely related to the thread, but I just finished Hanamonogatari and while I liked it, I'm surprised by how much of a bummer it was. While I knew it wouldn't be all laughs, I didn't expect Kanbaru to seem even more depressed than Hanekawa in the last volume, though I guess the isolation was a big factor.

Well
She certainly isn't Irish

Trips confirm

Attached: 1507266050905.jpg (1000x1000, 178K)

Since when was she Jewish?

She is 14 here?

Might want to google the Hebe range user

>Jewish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebe_(mythology)

Prime shinobu is 17 but I bet she was a huge cunt at that age

don't care what you guys think, i'm all for JK shinobu

I really confused east and west wow

Attached: 20C40478-4A7B-4DF2-9AC9-06B4D9035BCE.jpg (278x259, 11K)

>if you were to die tomorrow, I'd end my life as well
Should be clear enough that what they have is greater than what any other girl of the show can hope to achieve with him.

This man is correct.

Attached: 3aa4400c9f32dab264b97a28026e071e.png (1011x1335, 526K)

She's German

More like KISS-shot MY ASS-erola lmao

Attached: aaaaaaaa.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Based on this post only, I'll take a long shot and say that that Shinobu was from Lorraine.

Acerola sounds like Areola. And I bet she has big ones.