Fruits Basket

Here is your top waifu of the season. I wish every women&men was like here. The world would be a better place.

Attached: Fruitsbasket1-800x450.png (800x450, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Beverly_avex/status/1116296155762053120?s=19
drive.google.com/file/d/1ZOzdViCTYQap0nbFNybxMTtVJNnU-bu8/view
twitter.com/Kirari_star/status/1116739920582680577
www98.zippyshare.com/v/61KFF8Rn/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no replies
>page 6
lel

I love her too, user.

I kind of agree though with him, and its strange, she's obviously not supposed to be nor intended to be attractive to the male audience, yet here I am, considering her close to perfect at least physically, petite and skinny with long brown hair.

>of the season
You mean of the decade, I can only see Tohru losing to Sakura from CCS in both cuteness and waifuness, both have the genki girl/tsundere boy romance kino though.

Tohru is waifu, Sakura is daughter.

Episode 2 fucking when?

Attached: 66914881_p0.jpg (850x656, 240K)

I can't get over how weird it is that I'm watching new episodes of Fruits Basket.

What a cutie!

She was years ago. Not anymore.

It's weird to think we might have Fruits Basket threads until 2020

Attached: 2001 cat bullying3.webm (960x720, 814K)

I didn't like the first anime, but I appreciated how close the character design was to the original. Not that this one is bad or anything, but there's something kind of "different" about it. Not sure what it is.

>Episode 2 fucking when?
Either tonight or tomorrow, i think.

She is a good contender for best girl of the season indeed.
I'm in love with the new anime already.

>she's obviously not supposed to be nor intended to be attractive to the male audience
lol

>loving a hobo

Attached: kawaii_tenshi.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

>top waifu of the season
a waifu is taken for life.
Tohru needs to focus on working hard in order not to burden anyone, only money will allow her the downtime to actually take in her surroundings and appreciate them, including you, OP. Grant her a pension that covers rent as well as a small yet satisfactory allowance that way she can truly be happy.

Tohru is one of the best of all time.

She has returned.

Haven't seen this but I know the original is better.

Why is the anime's opening and ending already released? I thought it took months for them to come out full. We haven't even seen the opening yet, but the full version of the song just came out today.

Tohru was the first Anime girl I thought was cute and was genuinely attracted to when I was 12. She has a special place in my heart.

It's not. The original author was not pleased with it.

Maximum bait

Attached: IMG_20190411_193327.jpg (600x338, 30K)

Attached: IMG_20190411_193330.jpg (600x338, 34K)

Attached: IMG_20190410_175816.jpg (600x338, 45K)

You shouldnt take homeless bums as waifu, user. You might catch a disease.

Did anyone notice in the dub that the VAs tried to have different voices but by the end of the episode they were back to the voices of the 2001 series?

Rat is the best together with Dog

Apparently the full version of the OP is out, anyone listened to it yet? I don't have shekels to pay for it.
twitter.com/Beverly_avex/status/1116296155762053120?s=19

Attached: IMG_20190409_185328.jpg (1000x645, 86K)

I'd catch a disease off her, if you know what I mean

Inst it her own fault for making shitty art at the beginning of the manga? The old anime based itself on that.

>watching the dub of anything
I know this series has mostly normalfag fans, but still, why?

It isn't about the art but the direction they took the story

Attached: IMG_20190411_194331.jpg (2048x1641, 701K)

It was one of my first shows, for nostalgia's sake really.

She was pissed that the director tried to filter the story through a purely comedic, family-focused tone. It isn't terrible at first, though the director's humor and the author's always clashed. But it snowballed by the end into something not so great.

Kyo got ugly in the re-make. he was cute in the 2001 TVA

List the things this guy might have done wrong. I want to understand why twitterinas hate him.

Attached: IMG_20190411_194841.jpg (600x338, 31K)

The art is better at the beginning before she hurt her hand. By the end with the new artstyle it's difficult to tell the characters apart sometimes.

You sure user

Attached: juicy summer book 1998.jpg (1536x2048, 452K)

Groomed his LI literally since birth, and uses the most childish manipulation tactics to trap her. Kind of amusing compared to the optimism of the rest of the arcs.

My gf is making me watch this with her tomorrow. What am I in for?

Whoa thats....thats pretty bad

Finding out that cat is best boy

The nostalgia I get from this makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

You mean tumblr-grooming or actual grooming?

Its old shojo, you like it or hate it. The style became slightly less cutesy after a few volumes, and then changed pretty dramatically after Takaya injured her hand and then again towards the end. I personally thought the art peaked right before the injury unfortunately.

>the art peaked right before the injury
Do you have an example of it? I don't know exactly when she hurt her hand.

Actual grooming, though the manga tried to frame it differently.

I don't have any scans saved, but I think it was around volume 7?

sounds like what happened to KareKano

Karekano was never good, Anno improved it

Anime KareKano is Anno's best work and a masterpiece.

I think I'll trust the author's intentions more than twitterinas anyway

Attached: 1503131627594.gif (500x281, 459K)

Heah I get that but still... those fucking eyes.
I know its a shoujo trend but they're is just too big, y know? There is a limit to everything and this is over the limit.

I prefer EoE but yeah, Anno's Karekano was pretty good.

I went to go look at volume 7 on my bookshelf and yeah I really liked that style too. It's what I think of when I look back on the series. The style that it ended up with made everyone look kind of too old and grown up for my taste, if that makes sense.

Best Boy to make into your bitch Ranking:
Hatori>Kyo>>>>>Nao>(Shota Tier) Momiji>Hiro>>>Yuki>Ritsu>>Kureno>>>Shigure>>>>>Haru>Kakeru>>Ayame

>Grooming
>When he was a child himself.

No. Grooming is a term exclusively used for adult pedos who waifu-raise their targets, Shigure and Akito barely have any kind of age gap for it to qualify.

Ignore that user, its more like tumblr-grooming. This is just like the Usagi and Mamoru age gap wank all over again where shit's not made so clear so rumors start being spread and wanna-be lolicons and tumblrtards blow the age gap way out of proportion.

Now Katsuya and Kyoko on the other hand... That's more like legit grooming.

>Top Waifu

That's not Akito

Attached: 73747451_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x675, 201K)

t. Shigure

>Actual grooming

Do you even know what grooming is? See here

>Groomed his LI literally since birth.

I doubt it was since birth, how would he have possibly gotten away with it with her daddy right there?

Attached: Akito_and_father.png (240x254, 30K)

This loli is a slut

Attached: doggy's waifu.png (500x500, 165K)

Don't you dare talk about my waifu like that!

She's pure, PURE!!

Attached: Akito.png (180x261, 26K)

I'm not going to argue semantics, but I got the impression Shigure was ~8 older than Akito, since I guessed she was Kagura's age. There's a scene where Kureno mentions the decision to raise Akito as a man where Shigure seems pretty precocious, but maybe it was just framed weirdly and Akito was meant to be older by then.

Remember, lolis are only for protecting and headpats, not for lewd.

Do not lewd the loli.

Attached: images.jpg (176x286, 8K)

Too late, the dog already defiled her.

Attached: pure love.jpg (245x361, 23K)

Honestly, Shigure is a manipulative bastard and a rather bad person. Akito is partly to blame for that, and all in all they deserve each other.

But only after the cock.

In that scene Akito is clearly like 2 years old and the boys around 6, there's only a 4 year gap between them at the most, exactly like Usagi and Mamoru's gap, which isn't a big deal at all.

If you didn't have a problem with it in Sailor Moon, you shouldn't have a problem with it here.

Attached: 21.jpg (728x1084, 130K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Akira_sohma-fruits_basket.jpg (221x247, 10K)

Pat the loli, do not attack.

Attached: fruits-basket-459706.jpg (800x1323, 86K)

Kek, just took Kureno's sloppy seconds, idk why he even bothered with her after that.

Attached: fruits-basket-459708.jpg (800x1307, 117K)

I don't understand the hype about him, he's such a boring, one-note character who gets absolutely no development whatsoever. He's literally only in the story for shipping purposes and his whole character only revolves around Akito.

Akito should have ended up with either Rooster or Goth Psychic for the /u/ option.

Attached: Shigure_Sohma_2016_Cover.png (407x702, 419K)

He has a niche as a darker character, at least. Though he should've been forced to move since change is such a central theme.

Let's stay together, itsumo~

>darker character

He's not dark at all. All his darkness in the earlier chapters where he was alluding to something more was played up to 11 and I got hyped but in the end all it amounted to was him just being a lovesick pup. He doesn't even do anything that bad, certainly not anything illegal like Ren and Akito. He's just a completely useless character who was created solely to be shipping fodder and wastes space.

He's the [male version] Hinata Hyuga or Serena of the series.

Attached: 931885d68c1b829e30e7f99bf5dfb545--fruits-basket-geeks.jpg (236x333, 16K)

Compared to her art now? That's better.

So its settled then.

Rat best boy, dog worst boy.

Attached: tumblr_pln46l8sB41rr6lfx_500.jpg (433x408, 42K)

Without him the series wouldn't even exist though, you may not like his gimmick but he's 100% essential for the plot.

Tell me Yea Forums, are reverse traps gay?

Attached: akito-soma.jpg (410x500, 13K)

>The series wouldn't exist

Yes it would, easily. Just have Tohru meet up with the Sohmas another way or get another Jyuunishi to try breaking it.

Stop hating on based dog.

Attached: D31hKnpVUAAkmgg.jpg (1200x675, 56K)

>No character development whatsoever
>Flimsy motivation
>Pedo
>"Based"

I bet you're a husbandofag.

>Just have Tohru meet up with the Sohmas another way or get another Jyuunishi to try breaking it.
She already knew Yuki from school your mongoloid, the thing was bringing her to inside the Sohma family.
>get another Jyuunishi to try breaking it.
Yeah, that was totally working for Rin.

Rank them from best to worst.

Attached: best boys.jpg (960x300, 41K)

Rat > Dragon > Ox > Cat >>>>>>>>>a pile of paint drying >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dog

Fine, then at least change his motivation to something much less sappy so he doesn't turn into just another shipping fodder character.

Maybe he could want the curse to break purely for his own freedom? They want to portray him as selfish and dark then actually MAKE him that!

Maybe dog-boy is tired of being tied down to a temper tantrum throwing bitch and is nihilistic about life and just wants the freedom to roam free and engage in hedonism.

That'd be much darker and more interesting motivation than the crap we got.

Attached: evil.png (500x354, 184K)

You're missing Rabbit and Sheep.

>Fine, then at least change his motivation to something much less sappy so he doesn't turn into just another shipping fodder character.
>Maybe he could want the curse to break purely for his own freedom? They want to portray him as selfish and dark then actually MAKE him that!
Having a "sappy" motivation doesn't exclude how a character still can be in a greyer area. A lot of characters want the curse gone because they can guarantee freedom for their loved ones. Heck, Tohru herself started becoming active on this subject because she discovered what would happen to Kyo after the graduation, before that she was just dealing with their sobs stories and no proper resolution. Rin wanted to free Haru from his shackles as well, because she loves him so much and can't bear with him not being free.
What can't seem to be reaching you is that someone can do bad things for their loved ones, it needs to be "pure hearted" and "beautiful" otherwise it's not valid. His motivation is definitely not flimsy in the context of the entire series, and it actually gets "purer" as the time pass.
You wanted a different character, which is fine I guess, but don't fanwank stupid comparisons out of your ass to seem like you're right.

>gets purer as time passes

Wait, did I miss something here? I thought besides Ren, Shigure was the one character that didn't change at all?

Attached: scared.jpg (480x360, 19K)

I'm assuming I should stay the hell out of these threads if I want to avoid spoilers, correct?

I'll play the page game as well, since you're pretending to be retarded. Let me get the Tokyopop version.

I mean, it's an old series and almost everyone has read it. You can get the better scans at madokami and enjoy the shitposting

Who /rat/ here?

Attached: Pariston_-_139.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Anime-original Shigure is a perfect being who uses humor and insincerity to mask his trauma.
Manga Shigure is a manipulative bastard who justifies his shit behavior with shit taste in girls

Out of all the ships, these two were the ones that came completely out of nowhere as well. Even Yuki with that weird autistic girl wasn't as wtf-inducing and that one was pretty bad too.

Seriously, come Akito's reverse trap reveal suddenly its also just so happens to coincidentally reveal that Shigure's really been in love with her all this time when there was never even any hint or indication of that whatsoever?

I mean he dated that teacher, it was looking like they were going to be canon. Did the mangaka just change her mind half-way after she saw all the BL doujins of Akito and decided to change their gender?

Attached: tumblr_ogulivdRT71t0voaco1_400.png (400x242, 162K)

Dragon>Ox>Cat>Rat>Dog

Absolutely Based and Redpilled.

>parents don't know that he belongs to them
>still pains him to experience that
>the girl he loves is already in love with the cat
Being Momiji is suffering. I'm glad that he got married and had a child in Another.

Attached: momiji_and_tohru.jpg (457x652, 64K)

I thought it was just his mom that got mindwiped.

Tohru is a literal doormat to the point it's obnoxious.

Damn I hate my internet, and these books are like 350mb each.

What I mean by getting "purer" is instead of wanting to get Akito completely isolated from society/Sohmas (so he could have her all for himself), he wants her freedom so she can grow as an adult woman, because isolation is not healthy.
The first receipt is around book 3 (the unhealthy obsession), around book 19 you can see the start of him pushing her outside of her comfort zone.
In book 18, he gave Tohru "the real talk" about the cat curse because at first he thought she wanted to free them from the curse because of pity, but when he noticed how much she loved Kyo he started sympathizing with her more.
When the curse was broken, he offered Akito a parting gift (kimono) so she could become a new woman and mentioned he's curious to see how she'll move foward. He indeed tried to make a move but once she reject him, he said it was fine if she didn't want anything else (she ended up waiting to stay with him). Now they were together, they are working together and definitely not isolated from society.

>2001 anime Shigure
>Ever ranking higher as a better person than Manga Shigure

That version of him actually IS a pedo though.

Attached: tumblr_mi8hhj6SfI1s2ygxqo1_500.gif (500x281, 616K)

>waifu of the season

>he said it was fine if she didn't want anything else

user, that was obviously just another one of his manipulation tactics. He knew ahead of time that she'd eventually come to him regardless cause she can't stand being alone, that was all premeditated and he knew the kind of decision she'd make cause he's been creepily studying her his whole life.

>she's obviously not supposed to be nor intended to be attractive to the male audience.
Why? Just because this is shoujo? Most shoujo girls I've seen are god-tier or at least close to it.

I love dog.

Attached: Tumblr_ov61nu4frZ1tr6wqbo1_400.png (263x350, 61K)

Don't mix your baka gaijin conjecture with reality. The japanese volumes always referenced Akito with the most blatant gender neutral terms possible. Akito acts feminine, she has a giant complex regarding other females, she's jealous of them and acts rampant misogynistic because her female reference (aka her mother) basically wanted to abort her for being a female.
It would not make sense if male Akito abused the girls just because he was some edgy incel, it'd be a cheap and terrible trait.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.31_[2017.01.18_23.45.28] (288x368, 39K)

I miss pedobear Shigure.

>Akito acted feminine

That maybe so but my point about Shigure's feelings coming out of nowhere and never being hinted at still stands.

>edgy incel

He could've been just your average flaming homo, the femmy ones are known to be drama queens.

Shigure? More like SHITgure.

>user, that was obviously just another one of his manipulation tactics. He knew ahead of time that she'd eventually come to him regardless cause she can't stand being alone, that was all premeditated and he knew the kind of decision she'd make cause he's been creepily studying her his whole life.
This is your fanwank though, considering he never ever acted the same way again. He's working with her, not isolating Akito, they're both trying to support each other even if there's disappointments. The last 3 chapters of the manga show that.

>implying gay men could ever be misogynistic
Not on 4channel

I believe in the very first volumes shows his obsession with her though.

That's where you're wrong nostalgia autist. First episode alone blew out the previous adaptation.

He never even wanted to isolate her in the first place, that only started because of Kureno and once he finally fucked off he had no reason to feel threatened anymore.

Before the NTR happened Shigure was pretty healthy in his affections toward Akito, weird foundation aside.

I'm late in this thread, but what trauma you're talking about? there's no such thing in the 2001 anime.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.33_[2017.02.01_19.02.12] (1280x720, 87K)

People hate him? He was my 2nd favorite right behind Cat

>2nd favorite

Are you just a husbandofag or something? Why would you pick him as your second favorite when he's one of the characters that gets the least amount of development and his plot revolves solely around shipping rather than the main, central themes of the manga?

Cat deserves infinite hugs and love.

His jealousy towards Kureno started the love-hate thing instead of just "love".
His autism wanted her all for himself and no one else, he wanted to win his bet against her because in the end he'd be the only one left and she'd have to cling to him.

In the end of the manga, when Akito mentioned how she hurt Kureno around book 20, instead of acting like a sarcastic cunt because his "rival" was out of the picture, he told her to calm down, asked Hatori what as going on in the main house, and calmly informed Akito that Kureno was going to be okay, supporting her.

You really think Shigure from the first book is the same as the last one? we'll have to disagree in this one I guess.

Love, connections, bonds, relationships etc are all part of the central themes too.

Stop posting in this thread seething ratfag.

I actually miss the seething ratfag. Now it's the delusional Shigure/Mayu shipper and the "I wanted a dark husbando" and "I wanted an incel edgy femboy" user

2nd favorite of the zodiacs
Because he's generally a cool guy all around.
>and his plot revolves solely around shipping rather than the main, central themes of the manga?
Wot? It's a shoujo with heavy focus on shipping and character interaction. Is there some 2deep4u eva tier analysis of fruit baskets going around? I'll pass

It's the same person.

>2deep4u eva tier analysis

I mean, considering Shigure's identity issues, I'd say he's almost at Shinji's level minus the whininess.

Attached: Shigure 1.jpg (728x1176, 106K)

Yes but none of the other character's stories revolve around only romantic love. Shigure's only defining characteristic is his attraction to Akito and that's it.

Attached: fruits-basket-457090.jpg (800x1240, 113K)

I believe not, Ratfag don't bother discussing Shigure at all and always seeks an opportunity to talk shit about Kyo. Tomorrow we'll probably see him.

Speak yourself, the only reason I even got into this manga in the first place was cause I saw it was really a serious, psychological family drama rather than just your typical cookie-cutter shojo.

I usually can't fucking stand non Magical Girl shojo.

>Shigure's only defining characteristic is his attraction to Akito and that's it.
There's his goofyness, sharp wits (probably because he reads a lot and works with it), once in a while good advices, his relationship with Hatori and Ayame etc. In particular, his relationship with Hatori is another thing that gets shown a bunch of times, they're completely different characters that can get along well.

>Thinks shoujo usually don't deal with all these "serious" things
>thinks Fruits Basket is an exception
How to spot a newfag that knows nothing about the demographic at all.

Attached: 1407232012974.jpg (398x335, 34K)

>Shojo usually deals with serious things.

No that's Josei user.

>I saw it was really a serious, psychological family drama
I feel you could describe almost any soap opera/drama/shoujo that way if you felt like it.

Attached: 1535702489175.jpg (947x1200, 161K)

Sorry I misspoke, I meant more his main attribute, as in for plot purposes is his attraction o Akito. Meanwhile all the other characters are dealing with traumatic abuse and demons from their past but are learning to grow past that and define themselves as people on their own terms.

Try reading any Kaori Yuki manga that's not Angel Sanctuary for an example- actually nevermind Angel Sanctuary has it too.

I can mention more, I don't mind if you want recs.

>Meanwhile all the other characters are dealing with traumatic abuse and demons from their past but are learning to grow past that and define themselves as people on their own terms.
Kinda like Naruto

Attached: d.jpg (220x250, 26K)

I love Fruits Basket but there's countless shoujo that deal with these exact same things. Newfags barely read manga anyway, it's like talking to a wall.

Fruits Basket is unironically the shojo version of Naruto.

And Shigure/Akito is SasuSaku levels of shit-tier.

I like it, and Shigure/Akito.

You may not like this defining goal but Shigure's way of dealing with his romantic attraction definitely fits the themes of this series though, he was also born cursed and literally grew up in the Sohma main house and their massive fuck ups. He saw it, he mentions how horrible and dirty the family is too. His parents were fairly normal but the entire Sohma clan has traditionalistic, closeted up costumes and messed up morals etc.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
Peace out.

Knotted

He has development. For an borderline psychopath, he grew a lot except idiots like you wouldn't notice

I knew something was wrong. It's the autistic shipperfag who talks about other series out of nowhere.

I'd be fine if he had other important things going on in his life besides this romantic entanglement but the fact that he doesn't just reads as ship bait to me.

Its not so much how he deals with it that bothers me but how laser-focused he is on it when all the other characters are much more multi-faced.

ffs his parents were one of the more normal Sohma pairs and he didn't even want their love!

I can't wait for Kakeru to finally be animated in all his glory

Attached: Kakeru.jpg (728x524, 50K)

Are you one of the ones who thinks him giving Akito that "choice" at the end counted as him growing?

DIsgusting Yuki is meant for his Oniichan.

Probably in 2020

Not as autistic as Shigure with his "muh dream!"

Attached: 3.jpg (710x1100, 101K)

>implying Akito didn't peg Kureno.
Akito is the one who was doing the defiling in that relationship.

The entire plot happens because he fucked Ren, therefore driving Akito to believe no one loved her and only stayed around her because they were bound by the curse leading to her mental breakdown and the numerous horrific events that follow. How this guy wasn't pushed off a cliff or beaten up at the very least for his actions I have no fucking clue.

You're in Yea Forums sperging the exact same thing in every thread that shows up. Think about it.

Other anons gave up your autism, this might be my chance as well.

Attached: 1541725733235.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

You clearly just dislike Shigure

Yes because he actually starts thinking about what Akito WANTS and NEEDS when initially he treated her like a trophy for the taking without giving two shits about how emotionally devastating it would be to separate her from her family and take her away to live alone since he thinks being head of the family is a massive pain in the ass he rather not deal with. But guess what, Akito wants to continue being head and he'll stick with her because he wants to support her and loves her. Big change.

I want her to step on me so badly

Attached: 2008-10-31-122349.jpg (144x200, 6K)

No she isn't. She stands up to Akito to help Momiji and other than that there wasn't a time anyone really walked over her

He wanted to take her somewhere far away to live alone? Where was this mentioned?

>Hates being the head of the family

Pretty sure this was never mentioned either, he literally just wants other people competing for Akito's romantic affections like Kureno to fuck off, that's it. I don't think he cares about controlling her beyond that.

I mean he has a point desu, I like Shigure myself but I think even Takaya admitted at some point that she felt he was growing really superficially compared to the rest of the characters and felt out of place in the story.

>Wasn't beaten up

Takaya wanted to but she says she ultimately couldn't because Yuki and Kyo grew too much as characters by then and it would've undone their development or some shit.

Don't worry, I'm sure Akito beats him plenty already to make up for that in bed.

Count Cain/Godchild is my favourite manga of alltime.

Akito believe nobody would love her if she wasn't a God thanks to her father's dying message. She could deal with accepting she had a cunt of a mother but it was her own "loving" father that broke her. That's the the moment she breaks. She had issues way before that incident.

I like to imagine after they got married Shigure would say shit like "you're mother's better at sucking cock then you are!" and Akito would throw a vase or something at his head and scream about how Kureno ate her ass and loved it. Meanwhile, their kid is just sitting there trying to enjoy his dinner.

To be fair, Akito's massive breakdown started when Kureno got free of the curse. Years later, they shag, then Shigure shags Ren and leaves the house. Months later, Yuki moved to Shigure's house. Yuki was also Akito's favorite playtoy.
Shigure is definitely an autistic prick but a lot of things happened in general.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

You have godly tastes user

I remember him mentioning he doesn't want to get involve with Sohma affairs. He is lazy and selfish and just wants to live alone. His tactic was to alienate Akito from the cursed ones which is her closest family. When she is all alone and crying she would just cling to him. Since Akito would basically become useless post curse breaking because of the trauma the family would basically dethrone her because a good chunk of them don't like her in the first place and think she is childishly useless which is kind of true. She wouldnt do anything in the first place because to her, her life is over. So he was going to fuck off with his waifu and live happily ever after. He might let Hatori see her because he trusts him and needs him to check on her though

Go bind your tits Akito

He's not autistic, he's just devoted to his waifu. Don't tell me you don't have a waifu whom you're devoted to?

Attached: Shigure Akito.jpg (441x398, 38K)

Akito was told that she was special and that she was born to be loved. However the reason for this was because of the curse. As Yuki said she got angry before but it was after Kureno's curse broke she went pants on head crazy and started painting the walls and getting pissed about everything. Surprisingly the Shigure fucking her mom thing didn't seem to effect much. Might be why she pushed Rin out the window though

>He might let Hatori see her because he trusts him and needs him to check on her though

Are you saying he was even planning to not see Hatori and Ayame himself anymore either?

That's sad, I loved their friendship and I thought he truly loved them.

Attached: tumblr_n3jqykySjG1txc6uio1_500.jpg (500x375, 28K)

How come Tohru and horse are so cute together?
also boar a shit

Attached: rin2.png (500x320, 85K)

>Might be why she pushed Rin out the window though
kek, good times
I forgot what a ride the manga was

>He is lazy and selfish and just wants to live alone

Sounds like a reclusive NEET, its amazing he can even stand being around Akito what with how clingy and needy she could be. You'd think a temper tantrum throwing girl like her would be the last possible choice on earth for a guy like that, does he just want her around for sex?

Honestly that scene and the following scenes are some of my favorite in the manga

Attached: harurin.jpg (500x719, 45K)

Not at all, he could still see the Sohmas but Akito would probably become a hikikomori and never leave their house because she would literally have no will to live.

While they are great scenes, her long hair was better.

it's the dog's """loyalty"""

That doesn't happen at all, the last volume Akito mentioned that she'd stay in the Sohma house, being a matriarch and Shigure took her hand when she was rejected by the old maid. He's supporting her decision. In Another, Akito is still the leader, their kid will be the next leader and Shigure is very supportive of what Akito does and his family.

True but it doesn't help she got a shit hair cut in a dark room

He would enjoy Akito's attention because is Akito. A depressed Akito would probably be a lot more tame and less violent. He wants Akito to be with him, if he just wanted to fuck her he could do that anytime since Akito likes spreading her legs when she is feeling lonely

Dude did you even read what I said?

Akito stays the family head and is on good enough terms with the characters kids that Rin and Haru's son thinks it's funny to send her videos of Kyo's son doing embarrassing shit

Not so well, I'm sleepy as fuck

Meant for

The bitch seems far more trouble than she's worth, why not set his sights on some other girl? I don't even get what makes her so special to him.

I think it looks cute

Why did the Zodiac members have poor health anyway? Also why was it only Yuki, Rin, and Akito who did?

....inbreeding

She was a cute tsun before becoming batshit insane, now she's a cute tsun again with a stronger state of mind. Akito a cute!

>Being an Akitofag when the superior Rin exists

Attached: tumblr_mt4mj5xZcR1rypvm7o1_r2_500-6088.jpg (469x469, 111K)

I am saying what would have happen if Shigure didn't give a shit and ended up with his trophy waifu without character development based on his personality. The real ending is his character development. His sacrifice to make Akito happy and not just own her is what lead to the ending which indicates a change of character from what he wants to what Akito wants because he of his growing empathy and ability to consider the needs of others instead of laughing at girls that got thrown out a window or that got their heart broken

Yuki and Akito do have the inbreed chin...

They're both amazing girls

why not both?

Attached: shitgure.jpg (308x427, 49K)

Reminder that this is the worst ship not Shigure/Akito

Attached: kureuo.jpg (691x1024, 162K)

Rin is just downright stupid, you just don't realize it cause she is hot. She literally almost killed Tohru when they met and Yuki had to point out her stupidity. There are other instances that are even worse

I havent read this shit in like 10 years user.
Who are those again?

>Akito always hated Rin the most
>Threatened to bling her boyfriend
>Pushed her out a window
>Locked and tortured her in a room
Rin had it the worst

Bird and Tohru's yankee friend

>Taking a comedic moment seriously
Who's to say how hard she was even kicking. The dumbest thing Rin did was listening to Shigure and Ren

Uo-chan is too good for Kureno

I like that it doesn't look that shoujo-y.

>listening to Ren*
Shigure never told her anything about the curse or that box.

At least yankee friend got a better ship compared to Toru's mother that got groomed as a vulnerable teen by a pedo teacher that couldn't even be alive enough to provide for his daughter

Tohru stop posting

At least that was an isolated incident. It could be argued Yuki had it worse considering how long he put up with Akito.

Attached: akitoyuki.jpg (1346x1099, 285K)

Sensei is still a shit though

>At least has interaction during their first meeting and solid context towards Kureno's background as to why he'd fall for Uo-chan.

Nope, nothing will top "I met you in a dream and immediately fell in love with you, even though mysteriously enough none of the other boys my age who had the exact same dream did!" in the bullshit writing department.

Is it just the age gap that bothers you here user?

Attached: Shigure 2.jpg (728x1176, 86K)

Akito was obsessive over Yuki but didn't outright hate him like he did Rin

>He doesn't fuck her.

Guess he's not a pedo after all.

At least Shigure knew Akito for her entire life and didn't meet her on literally two occasions and then decide to move out to the country together

Damn Akito was such a bitch, I can't believe her and dog got forgiven so easily.

He dealt with a partially normal Akito for quite some time too

Rin was 17 anyway

this came out already?

no

This is the right answer right here, not only did Rin get it the worst from Akito but she had the worst parents and home life too. Even the Jyuunishi who had abusive parents usually had at least one, semi-decent parent who cared about them. Even Kyo and Akito, two of the most abused had a parent who loved them.

Rin didn't get the luxury of even one nice parent, BOTH of her parents genuinely hated and abused her.

So why DIDN'T he take her up on her offer? Was he afrad of Haru beating up his ass?

Akito lost her father really early, and Kyo was lucky Kazuma adopted him ;_;

Kyo
Haru
Tori
Yuki
Shigure

It's arguable about Kyo's mother loving him, but at least he had Kazuma. Rin had no one.

It makes sense for Kureno to fall in love relatively quickly considering his background, it doesn't make sense for Shigure.

Maybe because there was a shred of decency left.

Kyo> Haru=Hatori> Power gap> Yuki> gigantic power gap> Shigure

Shameless Etotama rip off.

Shigure manipulated her as well. Then he laughed at her when she almost got killed. Both Hatori and Shigure tell her not do stupid shit because it would just hurt Haru and she does anyways. When she tried to get the box she was so incredibly stupid it was frustrating to read because it was like watching a bad horror movie. Rin basically has no logic. Consider the following.

> I want Haru to be happy, sleeping with another man would not devastate him at all.

> I am going to take Akito's precious box. This is the person that almost killed me. I am risking my life
Should I make sure she is somewhere else first before attempting to take it (like the lake house or a family meeting)?
Why does Ren look like Akito's clone? What is her relationship?
Maybe I should ask the other Sohmas to make sure she is not crazy and is a trustworthy person?

I only watched the first anime
Did Kyo and Tohru end up fucking in the manga

Etotama: Published Nov 27, 2013 to Nov 27, 2015
Fruits Basket: Published Jul 18, 1998 to Nov 20, 2006
Retard

Rin knew who Ren was you fucking idiot. That's why she thought she would know something. And Rin's idea was that she wasn't part of Haru's happiness (probably because her fucked up childhood) so she was fine if something happened to her as long as the curse was broken. She just wanted him to be free

Yes at least three times

Rin was removed from the abusive household when she was young and Kagura's parent where nice to her but she didn't let them get close. Akito is abused by Ren on a daily basis since she was born. In fact most fans back them believe Akito's abuse towards Yuki is her recreating Ren's abuse towards her. Also Akira broke Akito because she realize her father didn't love her, he loved God and he was using her as a trophy baby to prove to everyone that his relationship with Ren was meant to be.

>mfw this triggers antis and shipperfags

Attached: Shigure Akito family.jpg (932x760, 354K)

Post the one with Ren attacking Shiki

>Akira didn't love her

Pretty sure he did, a parent can still love their child while making bad decisions and not always having the purest intentions. In any case he never hated her like both of Rin's parents did.

Attached: 24.jpg (728x1166, 66K)

>Her father never loved her

Is that why he allowed Dog to get near enough to his daughter to groom her and didn't think to call the cops on him? He just didn't care?

Attached: Akigure.jpg (745x1200, 86K)

AAAAA I LOVE LOLI AKITO

Where does it show that she knew Ren was Akito's mother? She just thought Ren was a nice lady. Rin is dumb that both Ren and Shigure laughed at her and called her stupid. That and the horse almost hitting Tohru, that wasn't a joke, it was establishing her character. Someone that acts before thinking. An annoyed Yuki pointed it out to her, "don't do that you could kill her". Hatori and Shigure "don't run away from the hospital you'll just make people worry and become a burden"

user everyone in the family would know who Ren was. It was never implied that Rin didn't know who she was

he probably thought it was perfectly normal curse bounding.

Poor boy, just because some of you dislike his parents doesn't mean he deserves the bullying.
He deserves to be loved by his 3 year older waifu

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-59-35-1.png (1080x1561, 1.5M)

I want Akito to petme

Attached: D3eZuW_WAAAiEkH.png (493x255, 88K)

Is he more like his dad or his mom?

Post the next page. He loved her like an object. That's not real love and Akito deep down knew that and resented him. Hence snapping and throwing the box at Ren. He also didn't put his foot down and protected her from Ren's crazyness Dude he was long gone before Shigure realize he could maybe fuck her when she turns legal

Fruits Basket has cutest loli and shota

Attached: yuki shota.jpg (236x358, 20K)

No she didn't, Ren was kind of a secret and secluded member of the family. She is hidden because she is legit crazy and sort of an embarrassment. Most of the Sohmas except the Trio and Kureno don't know she exists. She probably approached Rin to manipulate her from the start.

Looks like mom, seems to take after Grandpa Akira in personality (and health) if anything.

He's a mama boy, I guess. He thinks his dad is a manchild so he's more like the serious mom. Shigure likes to tease Shiki, and even more now that he discovered his son has a potential waifu.

>Dude was long gone before Shigure realized he could fuck her

I though Shigure fell for her right away, since that dream? I was under the impression that was what that other user was sperging about regarding the "shittiness" of the ship.

Attached: 18.jpg (710x1100, 116K)

We know Pedo dog.

Lolifags pls go, this isn't the series for you.

Go back to Usagi Drop or Eromanga Sensei.

Shigure became autistic about the feeling the dream gave him (something he never felt before aka tenderness.etc), but he actually grew up and interacted with Akito a lot.

Ignore that sperg user, he ships Shigure/Mayu

Since no one answered last time, I'll ask this again. Did Shigure fuck Ren in his animal form?

>Shigure became autistic about the feeling the dream gave him

Right, so I was under the impression he was in love with her right from the start, so wouldn't her father have noticed?

You really can only think about one sex position?

Would you put it past them?

Her father didn't interact with anyone except Ren, the maids and baby Akito. He was probably sick most of the time.

Do you think if he did Shigure would've gotten Chris Hansened?

It's obvious you have some sort of strange hateboner for the character. Please calm down.

Shigure wouldn't molest Akito, he wouldn't want her to fear him. The most he did when she was a loli is give her a kiss on the cheek. He probably had sex with her when she was a young but legal teen

I know he wouldn't do anything but considering how touchy-feely he can be in general don't you think Akira would suspect something about his feelings? Do you think he'd have approved of the union if he lived?

Kureno was the one who popped the cherry though, he's that much of a beta and would have sex with a mentally unstable teenage girl.

>Ren and Shigure laughed at her and called her stupid
False. He wanted Ren to get the box herself. The one that mocked Rin was Ren.

Attached: 8.jpg (728x1080, 124K)

We don't know that, that's just speculation. Why would Shigure feel so butthurt about Akito fucking Kureno first if they weren't in a romantic relationship in the first place? Is very possible that he screw her first, got on a romantic relationship and had sex with her. Then it would be considered a massive betrayal if she fucked Kureno because it would be cheating. If Akito formed a romantic relationship with Kureno first, Shigure would probably just be angry about it for not getting there first, but he wouldn't fuck her mom as revenge.

>Ren was kind of a secret and secluded member of the family
There is literally nothing that implies this

I hate some of you (the fanwankers and delusional shipperfags) but feels good to have Fruits Basket discussions again.

Attached: 1554824467548.jpg (600x571, 51K)

Actually, that makes sense in retrospect. Time for some rereads.

Attached: IMG-20180228-WA0015.jpg (600x450, 26K)

No after rejecting her sex offer he manipulated her into talking to God and try to break the curse even thought he told her he would reap the benefits from her work and knew the curse was breaking on its own. He laughed at her after the hair incident thing because he couldn't believe she fell for it.

If you don't remember things reread the Manga instead of claiming things as facts. Ren lives deep in the inner house. She is crazy so she has maids to watch her so she doesn't escape. The family as a whole want to put her in a crazy house but Akito lets her live in the household, isn't it funny?

Attached: 009.png (749x1200, 156K)

>Has no remorse for anyone

What, exactly, makes him feel for Akito?

Shigure is a borderline phychopath but he is not one. He is capable of love, is just very rare.

If Fruits Basket were a dating sim, what would it take to earn his love?

Attached: 8eecb697ddcd5d483b3941259c13f3b21247421479_large.png (200x208, 192K)

Idk, he is probably the asshole that ignores you for half the game and then is revealed he is yandere near the end

CUTE

It's such a shame her hobo life is already done after 1 episode.

Appearing in his dreams.

So who's the incel of this series?

Kureno the cock

>Fucks teen pussy
>Doesn't even want it
>Gets with another hot teen
>Incel

Words have meanings you know.

If anything, Kureno's just a dumb and naive Chad.

Attached: 37954.jpg (225x350, 43K)

Stop posting pedobird

Attached: be kind.jpg (500x275, 26K)

Dog.

Attached: tumblr_pln46lfX8o1rr6lfx_540.jpg (423x404, 41K)

Shigure best boy.

Attached: D3qXghDUEAApyNj.jpg (410x500, 21K)

I'm not even joking, his entire plan is motivated by some next-level tier incel shit.

>Katsuya and Kureno both look and act alike and both end up with teen girls with extremely similar personalities.

What did Takaya mean by this?

Find a flaw.

Attached: imagesVWS39QQZ.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Used good.

Attached: D3t4I3eUIAERVo9.jpg (600x338, 38K)

Attached: D3t4I2-UEAIBj-n.jpg (600x338, 45K)

OP if anyone wants to hear it in advance.
drive.google.com/file/d/1ZOzdViCTYQap0nbFNybxMTtVJNnU-bu8/view

They are DILF material. Basically a combination of fatherly love with romantic.

I'll wait until the show airs, but I've heard some other songs by the same girl and her voice is pretty nice

In Another their families are still pretty close, Kinu (Torimayu's daughter) acts like a sassy wise nee-san to Shiki (Akigure's kid). And Chizuru together with Rio (Saki's son) are Shiki's best friends.
The Mabudachi trio are still friends.

I think that user was wanking some hypothetical situation out of hateboner anyway. The older Juunishi still live in the Sohma territory (except Kureno who fucked off to the woods) and are pretty close. Akito is sociable and healthy, and is a true matriarch. Mutsuki (Yukimachi's son) acts like a nii-chan to Shiki and mentions how both his parents are nice people.

Does the manga end up good? I read it when I was younger but I stopped after my Borders stopped carrying it

I personally like it a bunch, read the tokyopop versions on madokami if you're interested because other online versions suck.

Alright Ill check it out

Akito would have been the perfect incel if she were a dude.
As things are now, Shigure.

>Tohru
Are you retarded, people? It's Tooru. There's no h in her fucking name.

Is tehre a new episode today?

Snek guy when?

In 2 hours user.

I read the singer is a filipino? One more reason to skip this shit song.

He wouldn't be an incel because he would be fucking Kureko

5 minutes until TV airing then subs soon after the airing finished.

>twitter.com/Kirari_star/status/1116739920582680577

OP

ep 2 is good so far. she's cute

Me.
We're few in number now, but our year is coming soon.

love it

Attached: D393YtwWwAAnzS6.jpg (720x405, 55K)

;_;

Attached: D392jz-WwAAa1vG.jpg (720x405, 27K)

Protect this smile.

Attached: D3Husc-VsAA7gNp.jpg (600x338, 39K)

Attached: D396efbUEAAuhp1.jpg (600x338, 29K)

Not as good as the first one.

To be fair, it's hard to replicate the success of the first one. RIP ;_;

Also, subs are out.

Neat.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_04_24_[19.04.13.01.20.49].jpg (1280x720, 163K)

There she is.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_08_03_[19.04.13.01.26.39].jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Best girl?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_11_34_[19.04.13.01.36.27].jpg (1280x720, 108K)

I really like it. It's not Ritsuko but it's very melodic and calming, the singer's voice is beautiful.

Waifu does not mean anime girl.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_20_27_[19.04.13.01.50.25].jpg (1280x720, 218K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.38_[2019.04.12_13.50.11].jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Are you implying that Tohru isn't top waifu?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_21_38_[19.04.13.01.52.31].jpg (1280x720, 292K)

Gender violence?

Do not be a brainless shipper, there are canon pairings.

Attached: furuba canon couples.png (900x1707, 906K)

That was a good episode. Tsundere kyo is too cute.

Attached: cute cat.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.08_[2019.04.12_15.02.20].jpg (1280x720, 118K)

We got 2 canon pairings in this episode.

Attached: akigure.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

The art got rougher this episode, as expected.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.33_[2019.04.12_15.07.09].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Give it to me straight Yea Forums, how /y/ are these threads going to get?

Attached: 1538722984702.png (582x582, 193K)

There is unironically nothing /y/ in this series, only newfags would go /y/ unaware of what's coming.

The Sarazanmai thread's 3 blocks away. That said, the only faggotry around here are the delusional shippers.

I'll take your words for it, I realized there was shipping ever since the manga was popular, just didn't know how crazy it was

Attached: 1553948699604.gif (430x240, 329K)

Rat a best

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.45_[2019.04.12_15.13.08].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Are Ratfags a literal plague on these threads?

Only the delusional ones. The Ratfags that know that it was for the better are fine in my book.

No, that would be fanwankers and delusional shippers.

2019 Rat is very cute. Couldn't stand 2001 anime Rat.

A cat

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.46_[2019.04.12_15.20.55].jpg (1280x720, 151K)

www98.zippyshare.com/v/61KFF8Rn/file.html
Fixed names and name order if someone is interested.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.31_[2019.04.12_15.26.03].jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>same events
2001 - episodes 2 and 3
2019 - episode 2

Strong and thick dog dick!

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.28_[2019.04.12_21.36.44].jpg (1920x1080, 512K)

I don't understand people who waifu shojo leads

What's wrong with it? some people waifu sluts from eroge and they're unpure used goods anyway.

A lot of times shojo leads are just meant as self-insert for girls.
It's like having a ecchi harem lead as husbando.

>A lot of times shojo leads are just meant as self-insert for girls
You mean, by your knowledge of shoujo manga? you're talking about otome game MCs.

I've read quite a lot of shoujo manga and, especially when it comes to high school romance, the leads tend to be very samey.

Arararagi is pretty cool.

Well, the average high school girl is really nothing special, guess you have a point. Shoujo does not equal to high school romance though.

There are run of the mill FeMCs but also nice FeMCs like Mafuyu and Haruhi.

Tohru has some hidden psychological stuff to her character which isn't very similar to other shoujo at all

cuz they are bland and unappealing, barely a character most of the time

>you're talking about otome game MCs.
otome leads are functional no different

Kyo > Yui > Haru = Hatori.

I hate Shigure.

Beautiful.

Attached: 58013474_p0.jpg (750x1000, 516K)

They're initially made for the audience to self-insert. Not every otome MC is like that nowadays, but they started that way.

>Leaving out rabbit
Good job

Cat>Ox>Dragon>Dog=Rat

Stole my heart

Yuki is literally a better character than Kyo though

I agree. Sometimes being best boy/girl doesn't equal being the right one for the MC.

I don't mean as shipping, Kyo and Tohru are perfect for each other.
I like Kyo but I think he's a bit too dumb and impulsive for my tastes, in the last books especially made me extremely upset. He really changes but his insensitiveness towards others slows down his development a bit.

A cat is fine too.

>I mean he dated that teacher, it was looking like they were going to be canon.
Fucking how? She was smitten with Hatori from the beginning and very clearly understood that Shigure never cared about her.

Momiji was a good boy that didn't deserve all the shit that happened to him

Shippers delusion are strong drugs

Would things have gone better if he didn't act like a little girl when they first met?

This, the "my favourite character has to end up with the MC" shit is retarded.

Hatori Kana when

Why does everyone seem to like Kyo much better than Yuki? Is it his anime design/voice being awful?

>Why does everyone seem to like Kyo much better than Yuki?
only women like Yuki.

Kyo is a cute looking tsun and becomes a cat, Yuki is a girly, weird off-putting awkward guy who becomes a rat.

Yuki is also the type of Gary Stu shojo lead I hate

How is he a gary stu?

But women don't like Yuki from what I've seen
I don't know about manga, but 2019 Yuki is very cute

I think manga Yuki is cute, but I don't care about the guys looks that much in this series but their personalities.

People often say Kyo suffered the most in the series but at least he had friends, people to call family and learned how to be sociable. Yuki literally had none of that

Attached: 33.jpg (728x1148, 81K)

he's perfect at everything

Is this finally the adaptation where Yuki wins the Tohrubowl? They seem to linger a lot more on his shots than Kyo's.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_09.26_[2019.04.08_22.45.27].jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

>spoiler
Doesn't Yuki have major childhood trauma or something like that?

>adaption literally made to follow the manga
>will they completely diverge from the manga canon
Hmmm.
And it looks more like they're setting him up to be the deuteragonist, not love interest.

Yuki is never going to win the Tohru bowl you mongoloid

Let me guess, your enriched knowledge comes from watching 2 episodes of the series?

Maybe I'm remembering the manga wrong because it's been like 20 years, but did Kyo really have basically no presence in the beginning?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.56_[2019.04.12_23.52.49].jpg (1020x574, 159K)

>top waifu of the season
Fucking kill yourself faggot.

This thread is filled with spoilers but I might as well use tags for this subject since the new episode is out.

He was literally sold by his mother to the "patriarch", is ignored by his older brother who enjoyed his life 100x more, was isolated from others for years and never had the chance to be loved by friends or family. He is said to have poor health in his childhood but it was just his mind giving up his life

He does have a presence but mostly after book 6.

Thanks.
So what the fuck happens to Kyo that makes everyone say he has it worse?

Well, he is the spirit of the cat. his true form is a disgusting smelly monster and his mother killed herself out of guilty for giving birth to that (and his dad blamed him for it), that's pretty bad too.
He was given more opportunities to grow up than Yuki though, since he was adopted by a loving foster parent, had friends and in general didn't need to live together with the Sohma, but his maturity is floor level, sadly.

>Any normal person who found out would be sickened
You know, this was always the part that didn't sit right with me. It's certainly weird and I'm not sure people would be okay with it, but the level of disgust and rejection always felt more like all the Sohmas turn into the cursed cat form or something. Every single animal otherwise is like super fucking cute and adorable and "sickened" just doesn't seem to fit.

Part of growing up is to stop being a silly person with bad taste, user.

>twitterinas
Stay there if you care that much, faggot.

She's just using an excuse to make them feel bad about the curse so they can stay with her. Akito literally uses the most juvenile things to make them sad because she's basically a womanchild.
To be fair, it's especially weird for mothers and fathers to have a baby being born and suddenly they cannot hug their kid because it becomes a weird, baby animal.

Twitter is the best way to get anime news, directly from the staff themselves. Sadly, tumblerinas infested twitter with their social justice in the main tags as well.

New opening isn't quite the old one but I still like it a lot.

Piles of suffering to the point that it's not worth it to reread the manga and I don't know why I entered this thread

I prefer to get my anime news through osmosis of Yea Forums shitposting.

I've tried watching dubs I used to like and it just hurts me. And the FB one is not good even by low dub standards..

Wait are we really using spoiler tags on a series that came out forever ago?

Akito is manipulative, doesn't want to be lone, and says and does terrible things to the ones with the curse because no one has ever had to hold him accountable for his actions. It's what I enjoy about the character. and when she goes for Touru after she finds out about the curse cat form I cheer her on.

How old is Akito? Like a couple of years younger then Shigure, Ayame, and Hatori?

for the airing threads at least?
be nice to anime onlys

More than half of the thread is filled with spoilers already

Older than 20 and younger than 25, don't know the exact age

Male tsunderes, especially male tsunderes who go through character development, are usually very popular

Childhood is liking Kyo, Yuki and Haru while Adulthood is appreciating the older trio.

Momiji is good though everyone should love him.

I love the OP

I love dog

Attached: D3_GHdVXoAAFjEm.jpg (1200x675, 76K)

Tsundere like Kyo is probably my favourite type of tsundere

Good at knotting

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_10.10_[2019.04.12_16.43.26].jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

The weak should fear the strong

Attached: fruits kyo cqc girl.webm (1280x720, 2.66M)

do rat boners knot though? I don't know much about rat dicks... The most I know is that I had to unraval rat testis in 9th grade bio and measure the length of the tubing.

Momiji is great he goes from shota to full blown bishounen. But Hatori's my number one, I want to heal him with love.

This. At least for me, I have a bias for male tsunderes. Yuki is good too though.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_20_17_[19.04.13.01.49.59].jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Wait wasn't their already a show called fruits basket

This adaptation is horrible and Cat is still a ntr cuck.

Lala is better.

Fuck off seething ratfag.

No you Cat shit sage.

>The ratfag falsefleagger is here
Rip thread, it's almost hitting bump limit anyway.

Rats come in many shapes and sizes you now.

god I wish that were me

>season
Tohru's been my waifu for 13 years already.

I saw somewhere that is confirmed it will have a 24 ep season 1 and a 13 episode season 2

Feels like it's enough to adapt the plot, if they cut all the side stuff

I hope they cut out that one part so everyone can enjoy the show including you know whos in here. It saddens me that their is a majority of the audience that has bad memories and I hate to see such a good show suffer from this. It's probably a reason why some people aren't watching it, they deserve to have fun too you know.

that doesn't seem like enough two seasons of 24 episodes would probably be a better option... but I'm just thankful the filler episodes will be gone, they were the weakest part of the original anime.

My dream is for season 1 to end with the Kureno reveal

I thought only season 1 was said to have 24 episodes, where did they say anything about season 2 being 13? Was it in the same source as the season 1 one? As far as I know it's still unknown for season 2.

>cut that one part
>audience has bad memories
What?

Attached: 1540913805485.jpg (653x599, 78K)

I think that works a good halfway point for season 1 would be the Kyo reveal then?

One season isn't enough since so far the first two episodes are keeping up with the first two episodes of the original anime. And they want to do the full manga. The original anime was 24 episodes and when you cut out the filler episodes We have 23 volumes of manga to get thru.

You're right. There's no source for the S2 episode numbers. It's only S1 that's been confirmed for 24.

>One season isn't enough
I know that, I was only saying that the exact number of episodes season 2 is going to have was not stated anywhere to be 13 episodes despite that user's claim of it being confirmed.

I think it'll be around 48 episodes, or at least I hope so.

Time for webms

Attached: please remove the pets.webm (700x392, 680K)

Why does this show even have a remake? It doesn't look much better. The protagonist is anorexic and more autistic too. Seems like a downgrade on what was already a mediocre anime.

The opening is pretty cute

Attached: tom, jerry and riceball.webm (700x392, 696K)

I'm gay for Kyo.

Because it's a classic, great and the old anime butchered a bunch of things.
DEEN's designs were not bad for it's time but Tohru actually looked the worst of the bunch.

Attached: angry cat sounds.webm (700x392, 69K)

Nah it was total shit.

Great example of constructive criticism

Attached: cute sakii.webm (230x606, 40K)

not a very useful webm but Yuki is the best boy

Attached: blushing mice.webm (800x450, 300K)

Deen alone has plenty that needs to be redone.
Ranma, GetBackers, Vampire Knight and 07 ghost (the manga may have been cancelled?) all come to mind.

Vampire Knight wouldn't be good regardless of the studio anyway. Ranma was one of the good DEEN series if I'm not mistaken, why remake it?

Attached: your cat when you bring visitors.webm (700x392, 1.01M)

It looks way dated. More so than HXH which I can only assume was redone for that reason.
Vampire Knight was great, but there is another season of content or so in manga. I'd probably settle for a continuation.

>Vampire Knight was great, but there is another season of content or so in manga
I love Matsuri Hino shit, but the second half of VK made me avoid her titles for almost a decade, I liked the side characters a lot but they got shit focus. To each their own, I guess.

HxH is a bestseller overall and it's still being relased, it had a reason to be remade. I like the old animation more, but for aesthetic purposes.

Attached: a cat is not fine.webm (700x392, 766K)

Banana Fish just aired, have you forgotten so soon?

I have no clue what the first season is going to end on because judging by Hiro's inclusion in the OP it means it has to go past the True Form arc

They might just include him before the reveal, it doesn't affect the story anyway

The only thing is that he runs into Kyo at Kazuma's

Oh shit, how did DEEN deal with that in particular?

I'm so happy the best character will get the adaptation she deserves. Such a great character that was basically raped by studio DEEN's "vision", completely removed the subtle foreshadowing about her issues and transformed it into an edgy boy right from the bottom row of the shittiest otome games available. I'm glad they'll show Kureno, flesh out more about Shigure and Hatori's personality, they'll show the dephts of corruption inside the family, the old bitch maid and Ren.
Akito is not an edgy asshole for fun, it's the product of years of abuse, lack of references and lack of punishment for the bad actions that will show up.

And yes Akito deserved the ending she got.

Attached: Akito_Sohma.png (397x680, 226K)

Kyo literally just finds him in a random area/park

Reminder that this bitch pushed second best girl out a window

That girl tried to steal her precious box.

Akito pushed Rin out the window because of her relationship with Haru, "he" locked her up because of the box

>Haru was at the most 14 when he talked a girl two years older into fugging against her better judgement
Extremely based individual

Rin was a complete dumbass, first entering the lion's den all high and mighty, second trusting one of the most secluded Sohmas in the house to get something important from the same lion again when Hiro, Yuki, Hatori and Shigure told her to stop acting reckless. Yet she does.
Don't get me wrong, I like Rin but she only learned her lesson after 10 fucking volumes and made Haru worry a lot (because she refused to see him most of the time).
Be glad Akito got just some slap in the wrists, otherwise the new Sohma generation would be commanded by a crazy old bitch and her bitch maidens.

Rin was never high and mighty when dealing with Akito. In fact she was fucking terrified of her. She just became desperate because she has horrible issues and Haru was all she had. I'm not saying she's smart but she was just young and foolish. And I'm not completely against Akito getting redeemed, it's just baffling how she got away with what she did to both Kana and Rin. The other things she did aren't much compared to those two cases

For Akito, any female who opposed her ideias were high and mighty. Obviously it wasn't Rin's fault but in general she's extremely reckless and lashes on others after it. Took a really long time for her to learn to love and respect herself and those who cherish her.

About Kana and Rin (and everything else), Akito felt extreme guilt about that and how much she hurt those who loved her. Rin didn't forgive Akito and that was fine and completely understandable.
In Another, Akito's still paying for her previous mistakes, her own family gets a share too. But since she was forgiven and got the oportunity to mature, she's moving on and protecting the Sohmas, because bad stuff still happens within the family

>spend way longer than I would have wanted on this
>it still looks like shit
Well at least the clean ED will be out in a few months.

Attached: best seahorse.jpg (2375x1631, 581K)

I like it, will you make other characters too?

I don't mind. Anyone in particular you want?

I want dog.

Spoil the story for me: how does Tohru break the curse?

I want and rabbit. These are my best boys together with dragon (which you already did, based)

I'll see what I can do. Specially for rabbit's delicious thighs.

Its not that she particularly breaks it it was a millennia curse that was getting weaker and weaker, never before there was all of the juunishi reunited. They all showed together to part ways with their God and move on with their lifes. What Tohru does is that she pushes Sohmas out of their comfort zones, including God "himself" who couldn't let it go. As everyone is finally reunited, and willing to part ways it was time to let the party end

The curse was breaking anyway. It would have been broken even without Tohru's involvement. All she did was help heal the hearts of the people effected by it

Why is it that I feel such immense pleasure watching Kyo do cat things? I never want it to end. A cat is definitely fine.

Attached: 1529456553861.jpg (574x574, 40K)

God I want to mating press Tohru so bad.

Kyo please leave

was it autism?

Thanks!

i kinda get the feeling this is gonna be a reverse harem, am i wrong?

Yes

She's kind of special to me in that I waifu'd her when I was super young, but now if anything I just really want her as a daughter.

I was actually in tears seeing Kyo fall for Tohru again. It’s been so many years. I’ve missed all these characters so much, this is AOTS hands down.

It’s only kyo vs yuki and everyone fucking with them. It’s a wild ride that goes in all sorts of directions.

bump

Can this be counted as zoophilia?

shut up fukin rat

Fuck off cuck

Will this new anime follow the mange faithfully.
Recently purchased the perfect edition of the manga after having read it ages ago. Still has the comfy feel it had back then. Fruits Basket is definitely among my favorite series.

Cute cat

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.41_[2019.04.12_13.51.41].jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>it's 2019 and i'm watching fucking fruits basket
feels like i'm 12 wtf

Ugly Cat shit.

My only issue with Yuki losing is the fact that all romantic development between him and Tohru dies like halfway through the manga, coincidentally soon after machi is introduced. I wanted a fair fight dammit

So this!

I didn't really mind it, I just hated Machi and all of the Student Council shit, it was boring.

But the romantic development was minimal

Im just saying the momentum from which Yuki warms up to Tohru and starts getting more and more forward with her in the first half does not match how nonexistent it becomes in the second half

He's still very warm and open to Tohru though. Not every interaction between a male and a female needs to be potentially romantic.

Did it really matter though? It was clear that the only one Tohru had in mind romantically was Kyo
Also this

The writer really needs to retcon this and have rat win. It just makes more sense and it's doing the right thing.

hold up there's a remake?
I remember watching the original anime with my sis 10 years ago

>The seething ratfag/falseflagger keeps on shitposting.
We'll have a long season ahead won't we?

You sound tsundere for that particular rat.

You tell them rat user!

Yes, the director of the original anime changed too many things including making the story seem more silly and comedic than what was showed on the manga, that left the mangaka a bit disappointed with it.
The remake has as its objective to adapt the entire manga storyline this time around having complete support from the author.

Which is a freaking mistake by the way.

>The remake has as its objective to adapt the entire manga storyline this time around
How could this possibly be bad?

Oops meant for

There was never a competition, this is not the focus of the series the only thing similar to a love triangle here is Shigure/Akito/Kureno but Kureno was not even in the run, just being used by Akito and her loneliness.

Tohru loves Kyo romantically, Kyo loves Tohru romantically. End of story.
That doesn't mean Yuki and Tohru can't love each other, they certainly do but they're just friends and that's completely fine.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.50_[2019.04.12_15.17.10].jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Don't bother, it's the ratfag that keeps on calling Cat as a cuck and is still seething because Yuki was never a love interest for Tohru
He's probably just a someone that wants to stir things up and shitpost out of boredom anyway.

It went downhill after the first volume.

user has a crush on that ratfag, how cute.

>Pretending to be someone else
Sad

Because in the second half Yuki acknowledges the fact that he never saw her romantically and was in fact looking for someone to accept everything about him like a mother would

Tohru is such a genuine sweetheart. Would protect platonically