Why does Yea Forums hate MAL? What does Yea Forums use?

Attached: 1548350851427.jpg (1920x1040, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/profile/busterbeam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use my humongous brain to store anime that I’m watching, have watched, and plan to watch

The list is fine, the userbase is not.

>tracking anime
>not downloading anime because it looks cool and then remembering you watched it before halfway through

Attached: file_5.png (551x600, 351K)

Notepad for storing anime I have yet to see and have seen.
I use my super computer to calculate and bring relevant anime into my reality so that I can view it. I do not use any other algorithms to find anime.

BASED

Attached: 15539767600.jpg (500x499, 23K)

I write the names and ratings of anime I've watched on the wall of the cave I live in.

MAL's database is imperfect but useful. But there's no reason to talk about it on Yea Forums.

Because is where all the normies and newfags gather to show their "intellect" aka giving 9-10 to their garbage cool looking shonen of the season.

>MAL
you have to go back

I just look at my HDD

I'm not an autist seeking fellation from other people by flexing the amount of anime I watched. And if I don't remember watching a series then it's probably not even worth remembering.

Attached: okay.png (691x505, 393K)

you anons don't use mal? am i the only one who's using it?

yes, there is no way anons are lying about using one of the most popular anime websites on the internet to seem cooler and more like oldfags. That would be ridiculous to even imply.

I use only to track what to watch/read or where I stopped in long running series. I don't give ratings, I don't participate on forums and I make my list private.

I like the database. I don't really hate the userbase since they're not doing anything harmful to me or anyone else, I just don't respect them or their opinions.

>not getting upset at people you don't know for being different than you
Cringe.

I don't use American sites. I only use Anikore

Everyone on Yea Forums uses MAL. The only people who "hate it" are newfaggots desperate to fit in who think people use the forums.

This, my memory is pretty dogshit so I use MAL for tracking stuff I plan to watch and or watched. I also use it for descriptions.

Nothing wrong with using MAL for keeping track of what you watch/read and the database of staff/cast etc. It's the community that's garbage.

based and correct

I use MAL just for the list itself. I don't rate anime or care about the community, though. Anyone hating on the site is just a seething newfag who tries to act as if anything that's not Yea Forums itself is "Reddit".

It's also useful for stuff like Bluray specials and OVAs. Every now and then when I'm going through my list I'll find some bonus episode from ten years ago or something that I missed. Anidb is not as comprehensive in that regard, especially for Bluray shorts.

why wouldn't I use a convenient list to track things that I have and haven't watched as well as how many episodes I was into a show I lost interest in so I can pick up where I left off if I want to watch it again?

Attached: 1554825530327.png (290x198, 15K)

While i dont use it for any tracking I think AniDB is much better since I can find out about who directed, wrote or produced whatever anime I'm looking for or already watched so I can find other shit that person was involved in. It also gives info about eroanime so I can actually find out who is do the character designs (Kinohara Hikaru) for all those shows by PORO.

Attached: 1547341998024.gif (500x375, 982K)

myanimelist.net/profile/busterbeam
Add me

Everyone uses MAL, there's no reason not to, now if you mean, using MAL for the scores and the forums yeah that's cancer, but nobody does it so it doesn't matter. I don't know if OP is a genius troll or just really dumb to make a simple question but there's no reason whatsoever to mention MAL hence it should be an insta ban to mention it.

epic troll

based

>21.8 days
That's probably still more than the average Yea Forums user.

I only use it to check seiyuus active roles

My problem with AniDB is its layout, watching at the page of AniDB gives me eye cancer hence I prefer MAL, on that note I would say MAL > AniDB > I rather die in a fire > Anilist

Have these damn malrons fixed their API yet?

AN Excel sheet.

What's actually the point of mal?
To keep a list of anime you watched?
Do you also keep a list of non anime media you consume?
I don't get it.

Attached: 1538915119867.jpg (1776x2000, 378K)

You keep a list and compare with your friends then laugh about their shit taste.

I tattoovate the name of every anime I have finished.
All tattoos are very small, with no letter being larger than a millimeter when I get it on my skin.
I am constantly gaining weight to prevent running out of space, although old tattoos get stretched out, but that's not a problem, it actually indicates when I watched the show.

There's nothing wrong with using MAL to keep track of shows you're watching. It's just a database and does its job.
There IS something wrong about interacting with or being part of MAL's "community" or otherwise care what they think.

You seem to be confusing the two.