Is it true that anime is not popular in Japan?

Attached: b0c.jpg (500x375, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/88spzw.webm
youtu.be/T8qbPpUEfmE
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=/m/0jxy,/m/02vxn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Yes, japanese people hate anime and all anime is actually being produced for western audiences.

idklol

No. Japan loves anime, but their taste is extremely different from the west.

Japan has its popular shows that air at the best times in tv and are watched by a huge demographic. Those are often shows that are popular in the west as well. Likewise there are a lot of shows that air late at night and are watched mostly by what would be the actual otakus, with as little views as here in the west.
Thata japan hates anime is just not true, that shit is basically everywhere.

Attached: 1523060990252.jpg (405x292, 69K)

if it's not popular then why the fuck do they make 1000000 shows every season?

not all late night. noitaminA shows are popular too they cater to normal people

Yeah, it’s a pretty nice thing over there, it’s more popular in countries such as the U.S, Taiwan, China, France, and the Philippines

Did you guys know that Yui Hatano is an otaku? Just look at her twitter. She is more otaku than any of us here.

if anime is less popular in Japan than it is in U.S I don't even wanna imagine. Fuck does anybody watch anime in Japan?

>Those are often shows that are popular in the west as well
Tons of kids and family anime never leave japan and are super popular there.

Somehow I doubt they're making all that anime for other countries.

he said often for fuck sake. he is probably talking about battle shounen and yes they have different taste. not many people here in the west know about tiger and bunny but shit is crazy there

anime is part of japan, but its not like they don't have other shows too
the shit that is popular and part of culture are whats already popular here or really old shows that have been going on for decades

A few things are popular worldwide.
A bunch of things are popular throughout east Asia.
Others are just popular in Japan.

Some anime like DBZ, One Piece, and other similar things are pretty mainstream and the general public knows about it. But for the most part, most of the anime that people watch on Yea Forums are late night shows that only reject otaku watch. There's definitely a stigma attached to anime in Japan.

Yui Hatano is great. I recently watched one of her VR videos where she is a cop along with some other girls, and it was pretty funny and amazing. There's a scene where they all bust into your apartment because you're a suspect, and one of the cops knocks over a box containing a bunch of underwear, and the interactions afterwards are hilarious.

Some of the best parts of these VR movies isn't even the sex. Just watched one where the bratty imouto NTRs her onee-chan.

files.catbox.moe/88spzw.webm

which ones are popular in east asia?

for westeners
you guys don't know this but all the market research teams in japan comb Yea Forums extensively to decide what anime to make next

Thank you user for making me feel special

so that's how we got senko-san this season

>There's definitely a stigma attached to anime in Japan.
No there is not. There was a stigma attached to otaku because of the otaku killer but even that is pretty much gone now.

Are you retarded? People that are considered otaku in general are considered losers and uncool in Japan.

youtu.be/T8qbPpUEfmE
start watching after 7.19 the guy clearly says he is an otaku. he is fucking married and doesn't look a creep to me

No. It's not AS popular as other media such as live TV and manga, but it's still not as unpopular as normalfags on /int/ pretend it is. How can it be when you see anime adverts and product tie-ins all over the place on the street and in shops? And the time slot doesn't mean much either. Yeah, most children are in bed at that time, but many people are not, such as office workers who get the last train home. There are also other popular shows on at that time late at night such as Gaki No Tsukai.

One Piece is the only popular anime in Japan

So if I spam threads demanding a second season of whatever anime I want will market reserach team believe there is a demand and grant me my wish?

Attached: 1519742296687.jpg (439x524, 123K)

Little girl shows seem to be. Precure, Aikatsu, and the like.

Sounds like bullshit

>Little girl shows

Attached: ap-11.png (640x356, 268K)

Yes, if the researchers are as gullible as you are.

No, people hate evil Yea Forums now. You need to spam them on reddit.

bless the lad who really wanted a bocchi anime

no shit

Japanese people don't watch anime. They watch Disney instead.

>thinking Yutacuck videos are accurate representations of Japan
How selective do you think he is when he chooses people to interview, and how many people that are the typical otaku would be willing to be interviewed. Anime is ubiquitous and popular in Japan in the sense that it's everywhere like on advertisements and things like that, but the average Japanese person either doesn't give a shit about it or are extremely casual like watching a show or two or reading manga on the train or subway.

of course it's popular, however it's 99% targeted at youth, the shit that isn't, which is what westerners and adults like, is less popular

>the average Japanese person either doesn't give a shit about it or are extremely casual like watching a show or two or reading manga on the train or subway.
Isn't the same thing true for everything?

That's bullshit. On twitter every jap has an anime profile pic. A whole country's opinion don't count

No. Late night anime (99% of what Yea Forums watches) is despised as "cringe" hobby for fat unemployed ugly people (otaku). What satisfies me most about the popularity of anime outside of Japan is that jap normalfags frequently get confronted and even associated with anime. Divine justice.

no it's true, my uncle works at kyoani

lmao mine works at Intel and brings me new high end CPUs for free

Everywhere around the world the word ''anime'' is searched way less than the world for ''movie'' in Japan the word anime is searched more than the japanese word for movie whatever the fuck that is
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=/m/0jxy,/m/02vxn

the japanese film industry is embarrassing
what do normalfags in japan even do

work

>Implying Japs can't watch Hollywood

Jap movies are great. Live action anime adaptations are not.

Man, the k-on art style really didn't age well.

it was just as bad when it came out

It's as popular to them as our cartoons are to us.

Mainstream anime are more popular than anything else but Otaku pandering shows are niche.

We don't make 100 shows every season