Is Darling in the FranXX a time flop?

Is Darling in the FranXX a time flop?

Attached: Darling in the FranXX.jpg (640x960, 241K)

It was the zoomer Guilty Crown

flops are those who never get famous, money spent to reach noone
franxx got the most attention of anything of the last few years save for OPM and BNHA and sold decently

Yeah. It succeeded financially but failed the test of time in just a single year. Pic related are shows that are both financially successful and remembered to this day.

Attached: timeless successes.jpg (3992x2467, 2.06M)

It's a great show I still think about it from time to time.

OP said time flop (failed the test of time), not regular flop (failed to make a profit).

Perfect description. In 10 years virtually nobody will talk about it besides comparing it to the next hot trainwreck of the season.

I'll talk about it

Nice try Kyoanus licker.

You don't matter and people will shitpost you to death.

it took over Yea Forums like no show in a decade

Attached: 1545089295429.jpg (1579x3006, 1.44M)

I know

Thats 99.99% of shows

Good times

More like an all time great

>Shilling thread every week
>Hundred Images everyday
>time flop
Gtfo Violetfags

early chapters threads were so comfy, then autism and normalfaggotry took over. it went downhill from that point, made me despise it and i know a lot of anons also hate it for the same reason

I mean it did well. The ending was just....

Replace GC with EVOL, and you're right.

It was nice to have a show take over the board like it did.
Only Sunrise trainwrecks can say they can do that.

Ichicute... Kokoshit..

>in a decade
KLK was 6 years ago

Stop with your memes

No.
VEGfag butthurt still remain up to this day.

Watching Franxx with Yea Forums was a lot of fun.

It was, but Yorimoi was even more of a time flop.

>was
Is*

Unironically thought this show was supposed to be a comedy. Like a sarcastic spin on evangelion. Like the way they pilot the robots and how they turn into anime girl mechs thought it was hilarious
Dropped this trash around ep 15 when I realized they were serious

Attached: 1551880084757.jpg (111x80, 3K)

Interesting start and could have had potential.
Then it falls flat into a cesspool if shit and fanfic-tier writing halfway into the season.

What a shitty show.

>The final episode of Darling in the Franxx finishes airing
>Atsushi Nishigori and the rest of the staff turn off the television
>The director doesn't know how to feel
>Nishigori turns to his team
>"I-i did a good job. Right?"
>The key animators who attended shrug, and waddle away, almost tripping over themselves from too much drinking
>Nishigori turns to his writing team
>The MitsuKoko writers give a thumbs up and walk out with their Mitsuru and Kokoro daikamuras. The rest look like they're still in shock and leave with a bewildered look on their face
>Nishigori turns to where Tanaka should be, but has already left, talking on the phone with Mari Okada on their next project
>Nishigori finally turns to Hayashi
>He rubs his eyes, pats Nishigori on the shoulder and makes his way to the door
>Hayashi stops, makes one last turns towards Nishigori, and walks out
>The room is empty and all Nishigori hears is the sound of Kobayashi taking angry phone calls outside
>This is when Nishigori starts to panic and reaches for his phone
>"I-Imaishi-san. I did w-what you said and-"
>"Sorry Nishigori, we're busy. Another time"
>Before Imaishi hanged up, Nishigori heard the overwhelming sounds of laugher from the studio
>Now there's silence
>Nishigori sits motionless until the sensor lights turn off leaving him in darkness
>Kobayashi comes back, but only to fully turn off the lights in the room, not noticing Nishigori
>This is when it hits Nishigori that he failed
>His decade long dream project went down in flames, and everyone knows it
>He bursts out crying and continues to into the night
>After an hour, he suddenly stops and reaches into the closet to get some rope
>Turning around Kobayashi is standing right in front of him
>(He really came back this. Maybe there's hope after all.)
>But Nishigori's hopes were immediately dashed by the smirk on Kobayashi's face
>"Son. You have a long press tour ahead of you."
>Nishigori falls over from exhaustion, and his world turns black

Attached: Ep_Sp_7.jpg (512x288, 103K)

Yeah watching all the incels on here get ass blasted over Kokoro cucking Fatoshi was fun.
Also way too many Zerotsufags. Shit was annoying as fuck. Thank God she’s irrelevant now.

Everything Trigger does is a time flop

Franxx wasn't bad.
It still had a god tier start, a great first quarter and a wonderful mid season climax.
It only fell apart after halfway through and very slowly, peaking in the end as everything comes down crumbling.
Yes it's extremely disappointing and frustrating to see something so promising end in such an unsatisfying way.
But it's a purely emotional backlash bullshit move to turn around and pretend the whole show was bad in hindsight just because we know the end is bad. That's nonsense, it's deliberate delusion and blatantly turning a blind eye to everything the show did well.

I think people are still understandably burned by the show and so take the extreme position of acting as if it was all utter shit, while some capitalize on those emotions to pretend such opinions are controversial or bold or critical.
But the truth is not that extreme.

Am I the only one who thought the ending was fine enough? I'm not saying it was perfect, it felt like a season of exposition and development happened in 2-3 episodes, but overall the content wasn't bad.

Was good while it lasted.
Zero two has top tier aesthetic.
Wouldn't watch a second time though.

There's no way it was all made with a straight face, many parts deliberately played up the comedy while still putting a facade of being serious.
It was halfway ironic but halfway serious.

This

Attached: (C95)[アイクソール]アイクソール_2018Winter_02.jpg (2012x3000, 1.69M)

i have no idea why Yea Forums liked it so much, it's really boring and generic

Yeah, no. Bullshit.
The beginning was painfully generic and everyone was already in full damage control back then, saying that we should wait for the ending before judging the entire show. Then the ending came and it was shit. Face it, DitF is shit. It's a bland take on Eureka 7, and Eureka / wasn't a masterpiece either.

Based.

don't you find it funny how whenever DITF fags discuss their show, they seldom ever comment on the riveting storytelling, the amazing animation, the engaging action scenes or the though provoking dialogue, instead the discourse is almost always about the tweeny interpersonal relationships between characters? DITF niggers are nothing but shallow effeminate faggots who were primarily entertained by the bottom-of-the barrel soap opera elements of their mediocre show. at least KLK was an actually fun show on top of having an obnoxious over saturation of threads on Yea Forums.

>everyone was already in full damage control back then, saying that we should wait for the ending before judging the entire show

Some were. Not everyone. Yea Forums isn't a fucking hivemind and the show was very controversial since since the first episode, you'd have people calling it great, generic, shit, opinions were never unanimous.
But there was great praise back then and much of it was genuine. The cinematography, mood and scenes were often highly regarded.
The fact that it took over the god damn board for a while should make this a no contest point, it's an objective fact that a lot of people liked it and weren't waiting for it to "get good" but already they were engaged with the show.
Saying that a lot of the hate it gets after it ended is backlash from those high expectations is only logical. The true damage control begun halfway through when it seemed like nothing was happening and oni Hiro kept being teased and teased without being delivered for so long people got tired of waiting, that was the first sign that the show's pacing was kind of fucked up and the ending was going to end up very unsatisfyingly.

The manga is unironically good and will save the franchise

Attached: 1554576817287.png (822x1200, 892K)

Those aren't Yea Forums posters.

Pacing? The pacing is what you point at? Fucking makes a better point, of all posts on this thread. DitF is a shallow, soulless clone that has no good characters, no good worldbuilding, next to no action scenes that are worth talking about, and that was popularized by Yea Forumsermin who always come over whenever their favorite studio (Trigger) shits out another one of their 'masterpieces'.

I, for the love of me, can't imagine anyone but the newest of newfags enjoying this show. It literally has nothing except waifubait.

>But there was great praise back then and much of it was genuine. The cinematography, mood and scenes were often highly regarded.
Great visuals will always grab plenty of attention regardless of writing quality. That combined with the premise and dream pixie girl made it a recipe for popularity.

Movie based on it SOON

Yeah, that's mostly accurate.
The world was interesting but not unique, the best thing about it was how much they kept most of it in the dark and only slowly gave us bits of information about it.
But a show isn't just its conclusion, it's a journey.
The mystery and the secrets of the setting were a big part of the appeal. That's part of what makes originals so fun, we actually get to speculate and wonder what's going to be revealed next.
The writing was barely passable with only a few brilliant moments but pretty much all of it was tied to the characters and not the greater story or the world, which isn't really a heavy criticism at the show it's just stating a fact, how does that make the show bad?
It was ultimately a character focused show with a cool setting and some neat concepts.
When it ended I can still remember how so much backlash towards the show was fueled by its way of handling the character's arc and, disappointment at the story often secondary in people's minds.

post nana's nanas

DitF already flopped while it was still airing.

Attached: 1554577199913.png (822x1200, 939K)

The point is exactly that for a character driven story the characters were shit. A good chunk of the main cast never got any form of development. The lesbian, the tsun duo, fatoshi, none of them received any form of meaningful development.

I hope the movie will use the manga art style of the anime one.

Attached: 1554577072897.png (822x1200, 815K)

The side characters got a few good moments, nothing spectacular but they weren't neglected either.
02 and Hiro were actually great characters and their dynamic was what fueled the show's rise to popularity. They were both insane and worked well with each other.

Anything is better than A-1 Pictures potato face

>The side characters got a few good moments, nothing spectacular but they weren't neglected either.
Yes they were neglected. You remove Zorome, Miku, Futoshi, and Ikuno, the show wouldn't change. They're painfully generic, and they add nothing to the show. Mitsuru's only development was losing his personality and his balls. Kokoro is probably the worst character in the show. A self-righteous bitch who neglects her partners to get what she wants. The only thing she probably learned throughout the series is she can get away with any kind bullshit because she looks like a cute anime girl.
>02 and Hiro were actually great characters and their dynamic was what fueled the show's rise to popularity. They were both insane and worked well with each other.
Hiro was a boring self-insert MC, who at times becomes insufferable because of how obsessed be was with 02. He has the most generic design possible as well. 02, while having the most personality out of the rest of their cast, loses everything that made people fall in love with her after episode 15. Their relationship is also a bland self-insert-esque fantasy based on a childhood memory, and the constant separation and reuniting becomes repetitive.

Based.
DiTF is still a great show with a mediocre ending. It doesn't make the entire series bad, but after episode 15 it went from a 9/10 to like a 6 or 7 out of 10.

>Self-insert
Not the user your responded to, but a character can only be a self insert if he doesn't speak and the work allows the audience to pair him with anyone one on the cast. BY these simple measures Hiro isn't a self insert.

>implying kyoanus fags aren't the Yea Forumsermin themselves
kek

Attached: 1532212778355.png (1021x1035, 1.33M)

>G-guys I told him to go back to Yea Forums. D-do I fit in Now?
kek

What is a time flop?

In this case, a time flop is a show that succeeded initially but became forgotten later on. In other words, a show that made a profit but failed the test of time.

>Still talking about this turd
Franxx is like mental sickness, stop bumping this dead thread and making threads for this shit series. There's absolutely nothing to discuss. You just can't let go. Move on already fags. These are the worst threads with worst anons on the Yea Forums. Every time I see these on the catalog, I can't wait them to get archived

So nearly every anime? Who the fuck cares?

>Watching Valvrave with Yea Forums was a lot of fun.
Fixed

>So nearly every anime?
Not Violet Evergarden, though.

This.
Except the OP of guilty crown is god tier and Franxx is OP is meh.

Spamming that word won't make it a thing.

Strelizia!

Attached: 1554487985230.jpg (2480x3507, 3.27M)

SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHORE

Hiro is the self-insert for the otaku viewers as they see themselves. He is unique, he questions things, he is the most talented, he is secretly superpopular and beloved, he's just having troubles because he didn't find the right opportunity yet until he gets the ultimate pink haired dream waifu who only loves him and so on.
The perfect self-insert for all the otaku who wish to vicariously live through him.
Fortunately, based Nishigori then shows that such otaku self-insert characters are utterly worthless for society and only good enough to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of normal people.
In contrast, Mitsuru, the untalented ex-follower of Hiro with silly childish grudges towards him, learns to grow up, opens up, stops trying to be a dumb otaku like his idol, assumes responsibility, loves a real person and prospers as a result.

And that is why Ai's birth is the best animated scene in the whole show, while Hiro and 02's space struggle against the VIRM fleet is a bunch of boring unspectacular shit.

Hiro died as an otaku. Mitsuru became happy as a riajuu. Goro was lame. Zorome is irrelevant. And Futoshi remains fat.

Attached: 1470127903126.jpg (810x1067, 324K)

VEG is as forgotten as Tamamo Market or whatever. Stop implying differently.

No. China loves VEG.

Attached: 1523586751924.jpg (720x960, 112K)

Good to see someone else gets it. Franxx becomes a lot better when you realize that Mitsuru is the real centerpiece of the story.

Attached: 1544651777286.webm (720x404, 2.69M)

Who cares? Fuck China.

>country with the largest population
>country with the second-largest economy
>>Who cares?

again, fuck China

No, don't fuck China. They have Huawei spyware installed everywhere, so they'll know how you fuck. US said so, so it must be true. After all, US is spying on everyone as well, so it would be daft for China to not copy US spying methods.

Kokoro is cutekoro

Attached: 1553436744377.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Implying that any of that matters when it's a country full of retarded inbreed ex farmers who landed in money because Mao killed off the middle class and thus act like assholes with no class around the world.

Please, look at any country where Chinese tourists usually go to. Notice how they all have "Please sit on the toilet like a civilized human being" signs? Gee, I wonder who those are for. Surely not the jackasses who let their kids shit on the street...

Doesn't matter, the chinks still have money. Lotsa money. Money that the Italians for example are willing to whore themselves out for.
In the end, people are willing to do anything to get money.
>b-but those nearby countries don't like chinks anymore
Doesn't matter, somebody else will be willing to accept chinks and their chink money.

You have yet to explain why this means they fucking matter. They do not. You can be the richest motherfucker in the room and if you're opinions are shit they are shit.

Unless you're going to try to stand here and tell me with a straight face that the correctness of an opinion has a direct relationship to the amount of money the person holding the opinion has, in which case get the fuck out.

>people remember violet
no

Am I the only one that likes VEG and Franxx? They both had strengths in their own ways.

Attached: 1554486214302.png (720x586, 411K)

The majority of Yea Forums did. It's the trolls who keep trying to pit one against the other.

BASED

Attached: 1526151804522.jpg (1571x2751, 1.14M)

They're both better than Yorishit—that's for sure.

Money matters more than anything else. Period.

Amount of money you're holding does have a direct relationship with how many people will value your opinion.

Get the fuck out.

>VEG is unforgettable because China loves it

You must now suck chinkdick because there's at least 500 million middle class chinks, hohohoho ho chi min.
That is the power of chink communist capitalism.

That was a nightmareish period.

This.

Make me bitch.