A friend of mine told me to watch Kuroko no Basketball because I loved Haikyu!!

A friend of mine told me to watch Kuroko no Basketball because I loved Haikyu!!

I'm about 10 episodes in and it is pretty dull so far. I liked Haikyu!! because it had a great score, interesting character development, and (most of all) incredible cinematography (seriously the spinning shot of the last point in the Shiritorizawa match is one of the best animated sequences I've ever seen).

Kuroko doesn't seem to have any of that. I'm just wondering if it gets better, or if I'm not hooked by ep 10, I should just drop it.

Attached: kuroko-s-basketball-fabric-poster-kuroko-and-kagami-court.jpg (361x500, 57K)

Its much better than HQ

It's a lot worse than HQ

Yeah, you liked it. Cool.

My question is, if I DON'T like it after 10 eps, does it get better or am I a lost cause?

It's on the same level as HQ

It stays pretty much the same. Only Kuroko and Kagami matter and the superpowers become more bullshit.

I liked KnB more than HQ

So, people like different things. You like KnB, sounds good. Maybe we're looking for different things in anime.

My question is, did you like it from the outset, or does it change over time.

For example, even though they are both Production IG, the animation style in KnB is unarguably much more basic than in HQ. Does that change as the series goes on? Do they get more money at some point, or different directors?

So far this is the only remotely helpful response.

The best game us at the end of season 1

You can stop watching it after that

Also, I loved that season one of HQ ended with them losing. KnB seems like a much more straight forward Shonen series where the protagonists meet stronger and stronger opponents and discover how to defeat them. It seems like the basketball version of Prince of Tennis (which I also dropped after one season)

Season 1 of kuroko also ends with them losing. HQ is just a more boring retelling 9f the same story

i also watched haikyuu first and then Kuroko and i found Kuroko to be really unrealistic and bad. I knew they would transform like Dragon ball but it was cringey. though the VA casts are top notch.

Watch Free, it's superior.

Attached: 1428396326650.jpg (774x903, 519K)

Once again, the question isn't "which one's better?" or "is Kuroko good?" it is "does Kuroko get better as it goes on?"

It seems like the overwhelming answer is no.

For example, I love HQ, but if someone wasn't into it after 10 episodes I would probably tell them to drop it. It does KIND OF get better in that the third season is my favorite, but if you aren't digging it by the time Noya shows up, you probably aren't going to like it.

I think it ramps up and becomes pretty entertaining around the first Touou game. It shifts focus to the other miracles' schools fighting and those are probably the best matches.

I probably like the Seirin vs Yosen game the best out of any encounter/game in a sports anime I've seen.

I will also say that I loved how HQ spent time delving into the backstories of the opponents. Even though You wanted Karasuno to win, you felt bad for the people they beat along the way. All of them were trying their best. Kuroko seems to be much more basic. Seirin High is the good guys and everyone else is just the bad guys with super powers.

Is this incorrect?

Well, unlike HQ, kuroko is over, and tells a complete story

>Is this incorrect
Very. The generation of miracles are the real protags of kuroko

Also, without watching, I'm predicting that by "losing" you mean that they lose one of the round robin games but still move on to nationals. That isn't REALLY losing (once again, I haven't made it past ep 10, so I don't know if that is true). In HQ they straight up lose the tournament the first go round. That is a really strong choice.

Nope dumped out of the tournament. But of course there isn't only one tournament during the year.

I think KnB's score is pretty awesome but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

It does get a lot better but I liked it from early on

I liked KnB from the start.
>Is this incorrect?
Yes, it is. The opponents, the bond between them and the MC are actually the best thing about KnB. Also the animation gets A LOT better later.

I feel like watching Kuroko after Haikyuu is a big downgrade
I did it too and found the matches in Kuroko so boring that I just couldn't continue
Not to mention that Haikyuu is just about people who are super good at volleyball
Meanwhile Kuroko is about super powered teens who can pull off physics defying shit casually

I've never watched either anime but the manga Kuroko is way better than Haikyu. Just drop Kuroko, you clearly want to and nobody needs you to like it. It's way more about characters than Haikyu which is more about just realistically teaching people to like the sport.

>SHIIIIIRATORIZAWA!
*BANG* * BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*
>SHIIIIIRATORIZAWA!
*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

Obligatory.

Attached: kuroko no niji.png (919x4440, 1.4M)

You probably won’t like this since it’s good, while Haikyu is shit.

Only the first season.

that "BA -- KA" character Fuku Jun plays is my favorite voice of his. slightly higher tone than Lelouch.

It’s pretty bad honestly

>People commenting on how gay the story is instead of giving OP an answer

Just how much insecure about your heterosexuality KnB made you feel?

At the end, you all watched all the seasons.
It's obvious because you're mentioning details that you can only know if you watched the whole anime.

You're the real faggots.