Are they Yea Forums's darling pairing?

Are they Yea Forums's darling pairing?

Attached: asuka_shinji.jpg (629x488, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_2_(Translation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is Yea Forums's darling pairing.

Attached: Mitsukoko.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

if I could press a button to remove eva from ever existing I would do it in a heartbeat

Shinji is a faggot for Kaworu and Asuka belongs to moot

I just wanted them to be happy.

Attached: 14729087143509.jpg (789x1000, 519K)

get on my level OP

Attached: edac96a2cccb99b436eb0ae9d496b5e2_480.jpg (480x387, 22K)

Attached: 6641bbb2cf53b3212b15f7c514b0503b.jpg (659x900, 78K)

Asuka is better with Toji. Shinji is better with Hikari. You know it's true.

Attached: 1536893062175.webm (640x480, 1.87M)

Attached: b130e03d6fb26b7f2ab1cac87d6eb82e.jpg (564x490, 33K)

Attached: 2d2b4e24f1c06d7b8154dec464eb7524.jpg (268x315, 15K)

Who is that ugly twink

Attached: 39900423.jpg (1200x857, 610K)

Its so weird knowing that Shinji is only two months younger than me.

Attached: nadiaeva.jpg (500x697, 128K)

>liking a pairing that don't even love each other

Attached: 1542934872750.jpg (1152x1004, 120K)

epic bruh

Shinjuku

Attached: 1466512787651.gif (400x400, 1.89M)

What the fuck is wrong with Asuka's anatomy?

Christ Karl has a big dick

I think its meant to be one of those gourds tribesmen use
The dick isnt supposed to fill more than a fifth of it

Her shoulders are in all ways fucked up

I don't remember this scene.

Fuck Asuka. She didn't deserve happiness. And neither did Shinji for that matter.

Nah I actually really hate this anime

I like this one better.

Attached: c231.jpg (800x436, 181K)

Both deserve complete happiness

Begone, Satan. My man, Shinji, deserves happiness. Not the other one.

Attached: XpIS5lE.jpg (800x1084, 119K)

who?

Asuka is the worst character in the history of anime.

It's from a hentai animation
Because she came the closest to emulating a 3DPD thot

She's the key, Bruce

LASfags are the biggest retards to watch NGE, it’s like they watched a completely different show to everyone else.

It's so easy to be a AxS shipper though. The sexual attraction between the two is undeniable

>the reifag cope
These threads really never change

t. cuck

This. The material is too good to ignore

Attached: 15125435729.jpg (915x1200, 905K)

I prefer this one.

Attached: 1554478460947.png (1060x960, 749K)

>Kaworu
>heterosexual
That's a yikes from me

Attached: 1554466924978.png (900x1100, 626K)

He's an angel. If he's fucking or dating any humans at all, its already weird

Based

Someone help me figure out why this ship is a thing.
Cant be from interactions, because they never interact, Asuka would hate Kaworu's demeanor, and he is only obsessed with Shinji.

Is it girls self-inserting as Asuka to be with Kaworu, a pair-the-spares thing for Shinji x Rei shippers, or do people just like putting them together for their good looks?

It's the relationship most representative of that approach-avoidance conflict of desiring contact with others while frustrated by imperfect communication, not understanding what they expect from you and what you want from them, and that ultimately being pretty good compared to neither of you existing. It's why it keeps happening even though Rei has always been more popular and emblematic of the franchise, Rei's more like an interviewer to Shinji with a solution to propose for that humanity problem of his.

Attached: 1533265168314.jpg (1280x953, 236K)

People wanting to fix Kaworu's faggotry is my guess

Based Satan

Attached: happy.jpg (450x634, 145K)

But why, its his best attribute

Who's topping in that relationship?

Yea Forums is very tsundere about them.

Kaworu ofc

Absolutely based.

Attached: 1456795528501.png (699x495, 383K)

Attached: 1541806573631.jpg (1280x1024, 157K)

Ahhhh good one, user.

Attached: Laughing Satania.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Attached: 1543862791545.jpg (549x721, 48K)

Attached: 1528868208842.jpg (600x800, 39K)

Attached: pairings.jpg (857x1202, 445K)

Attached: 1540772398115.jpg (700x842, 120K)

is the bottom rei 1 and shota shinji?

Attached: 1527955422440.jpg (700x1048, 189K)

There's a very fun romcom to be made about it.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Attached: 80729345639247.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

This is the best ship without a doubt.

Attached: b19c8ecee493d7a0d579e4ea9eaa244b.gif (569x517, 155K)

Not just the best ship but the only possibility of true happiness for the three of them.

Attached: da514c21d1c3b1e4b7042cb8d8f63812.png (572x783, 508K)

In the drafts Asuka started a Kaworu fanclub and he rejected Shinji's confession to him

Plus Asuka and Kaworu are the two most popular Eva characters now

Attached: character rankings.png (686x836, 429K)

Stop projecting your homosexuality onto Shinji. Shinji was just happy to have a friend for once, not every interaction between two young boys is gay. All the LGBTards have no understanding of the intricacy of the Shinji/Kaworu friendship and I'm not looking forward to the flood of Buzzfeed articles further spreading this stupid fan theory when it comes to netflix.

Attached: 1508181768304.jpg (600x822, 80K)

>he doesn't know

Attached: homosexual love interest.jpg (512x631, 121K)

>Homosexual kissing a heterosexual

Attached: 1364692519908.jpg (613x533, 107K)

It's hard enough pleasing one woman. I don't think Shinji can manage two

I don't care about your meme anno parano book. If you actually watch the show the truth is obvious. There's no reason to believe Kaworu is gay either.

>drafts

Attached: 1532294139413.jpg (351x157, 27K)

in the draft all the characters are gay and your favorite ship is null and void
it's true look it up

Except him saying he loves Shinji.

Attached: 14942342341.jpg (1438x1080, 147K)

If the intention was to portray them only as friends, they wouldn't have been written as kissing in the drafts and the manga.
You can't just call it a meme because it ruins your headcanon.

Attached: gay ass shit.png (746x400, 240K)

>says the mentally ill faggot grasping at straws to avoid ruining his headcannon
cope harder, gay homosexual

Yes, and is every mother gay when she says she loves her daughter? Why do faggots think everything is about them.

see

Reminder that Asuka does love Shinji and she got mad when she thought Rei won.

I don't think posting interviews and referencing the drafts and manga is grasping straws.
You haven't presented any evidence but an inaccurate interpretation of episode 24.

Attached: Asuka gets bullied.jpg (444x3222, 1.29M)

A mother and your same aged friend are two different things, and what they say mean different things.

>is every mother gay when she says she loves her daughter
yes because everything is about sex and if you disagree you need to pay me money to give you advices about how your parents wanted nothing but to fuck you in the ass

Attached: 106938012.jpg (620x706, 157K)

>Asuka taking bantz from Toji and Kaworu
I didn't know I needed this in my life

I do think however that misleading interpretations of insterviews and drafts are not evidences of anything
keep coping and grasping at straws homo boi

She is if the mother and daughter are both naked and blushing at each other

Attached: Blushing shinji.jpg (640x512, 17K)

Yeah, but none of their insults even make sense directed to Asuka, especially her having a gut when everyone in Eva are twigs.

user, please tell me how exactly you can interpret these excerpts from the drafts as anything other than pure faggotry:
>KAWORU: Well, I should be going.

>SHINJI: Good night.

>KAWORU: Good night––

>Kaworu's face slides toward Shinji's.
>Kaworu gives Shinji a kiss.
>Shinji doesn't refuse him, he notices how naturally he accepts it.
>Feeling strangely calm, he looks up at the ceiling light.

>SHINJI: ––Ayanami!

>REI: I'll go.

>SHINJI: Why?

>REI: Because you have feelings for him.

>SHINJI: ––

>REI: You won't be able to dispose of him will you?

>SHINJI: I'm the pilot of Unit 01……

>Shinji pushes Rei aside and opens the hatch.
wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_2_(Translation)

Attached: 089.jpg (500x579, 73K)

A draft script by a writer brought in specifically for one episode, apparently sent out with some plot bullet points to include and then working alone and with so little oversight that the director didn't see the draft until it was done. There would only have been the one if it's real because the director rejected the whole thing, didn't ask for rewrites, and had the regular writing staff make a new one.

Why do you lie, user?
Satsukawa has been on since the beginning, christ he fucking wrote the episode where Asuka and Shinji kiss, too!

I interpret them as not present in the final draft and the actual final product, so I say they matter about as much as some gay boi grasping at straws on a mongolian origami forum.

This.
Asukafags are straight up liars who don't know jackshit about Eva, what else is new.

Attached: file.png (752x644, 340K)

and kaworufags are mentally ill autists interpreting every nonsensical detail they come across as absolute proof that everyone is gay, what else is new

Kaworu can be a even a nigger in drafts but it doesn't matter since drafts are not canon

Kaworu is shit.
Even Asuka and Rei can agree that gay is a bad distraction for Shinji.

Attached: 1475289252855.jpg (1024x1449, 334K)

More on Satsukawa, Anno chose him for ep 24 because he's good at writing homoeroticism:

Interviewer: Usually, Anno-san, you and one other person are credited with the screenplay, but what sort of a relationship do you two have?

Anno: I had him do the plot after we spoke together, and I fixed up what took the form of the script once more to get it ready for animation.

Well, at that point in time, we were writing the script to send out, and so you could also say that the stories, drama, characters, and so forth that we’d thought of during previous meetings were starting to lose consistency at the time that that script finished.

We have to fix those so that they line up, so. I’m unifying it, so it’s becoming uniform, though. I help with the drama parts and so forth.

Interviewer: Who worked on episode 24?

Anno: A person named Satsukawa (Akio)-san did that. Satsukawa-san is better at—this is bad to say, but—he’s right on the mark when it comes to homoeroticism. *laugh*

— Hideaki Anno, JUNE Interview - August 1996 (Director of Shin Seiki Evangelion/Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime)
Interviewer: Did you stop Satsukawa-san when it looked like he was going to go berserk, Director Anno?

Anno: No, nothing like that. Satsukawa-san’s atmosphere remains in the script. Satsukawa-san’s original script had more of that sort of meaning and was JUNE-like.

Interviewer: For example?

Anno: I’m the one who went and set it in the bath, though. In the original script, the two of them were swimming naked in a river. *laugh*

— Hideaki Anno, JUNE Interview - August 1996 (Director of Shin Seiki Evangelion/Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime)

/thread

Yeah, nothing gay here.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 24' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][25378AB4].mkv_snapshot_09.23.546. (1440x1080, 129K)

I never said anyone was gay, I just think it's inaccurate to call Kaworu and Shinji's relationship mere friendship when Anno and co. say something different.
It says more about you than me when you chose to ignore the director's own words on the matter because it makes you uncomfortable.

Eva is all about making the viewer uncomfortable.

I agree the drafts and final episodes are not the same, but they're a good indicator of what Anno's intention was.

I don't understand why you're treating drafts as if they're relevant. If drafts were equivalent to the final production there would be a famous space film about Luke Starkiller and a bugeyed green alien named Han. The fact that a writer experimented with the idea of some homosexual interactions between them doesn't change the fact that there is no reason in the actual series to believe either of them are gay.

Even shitty spin-offs agree that Kaworu and Shinji's relationship is gay

See
I never once claimed Shinji or Kaworu are gay.
Shinji shows attraction to girls, first of all, so at best he would be bisexual or straight + Kaworusexual as an exception.
My only point was to argue Kaworu and Shinji's relationship was always intended to be portrayed as romantic in nature.
That's it.
They're not going to end up together, Kaworu always dies and Shinji goes insane. I never said anything other than their relationship was not portrayed platonically. It's not a big deal.

Attached: 754242.jpg (512x512, 106K)

>haha you ignore the director words because you're uncomfortable I win again, Anno's intention was buttsex all along, the drafts prove it again!
No, I ignore the poor translation of what the director said, which isn't "Shinji and Kawory are gay for one another which makes any ship completely, absolutely impossible and you're uncomfortable if you disagree with me" anyway

I never said any of that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth I guess.
First of all I don't even think Kaworu is gay nor do I want to see any iteration of Eva end with shippingshit, and I'm a Kaworufag.

what are you saying then?
That Anno wanted to put some ambiguity here and there? Sure, his entire work is about that
But beyond that I don't even see what you're arguing if you're not arguing that Shinji and Kaworu are gay for one another and that they would have buttsex all day long if it weren't for those pesky angels and girls ruining everything

see All I ever argued was that there was romantic overtones to Kaworu and Shinji's relationship. That they were never intended to be portrayed as a platonic friendship given how they act around eachother in the episode and what Anno and co. say.
This doesn't mean they're gay.
This doesn't even matter much in the large scheme of things since it's 1 episode out of 26.
Just because I like Kaworu and think his dynamic with Shinji is interesting doesn't mean I want shippingshit or that I don't care about the female characters, because I do.

You won't find another post by me in this thread claiming otherwise.

Attached: C_EXVSlUAAAnqBE.jpg (1210x620, 92K)

>Mere friendship
I never said this was the case. Like I said, there is a lot of intricacy to their relationship and this is mostly lost on people who boil it down to lul gay. Of course there are some vaguely homosexual interactions. Shinji is likely confused by this. We can tell by the way he is significantly more comfortable around Kaworu than with females and has no apparent lust for him, that he is just glad to have someone who understands him. It's not about sex or romance.

>I never claimed they were gay although I just spent a half hour posting excerpts and shit to try and prove otherwise
fascinating stuff

Then forgive me from misreading your posts.
I think boiling it down to just regular friendship or full on gay is missing the point.
Yes, Shinji is overwhelmingly happy someone is showing him kindness and understanding, and not telling him to be someone he's not like he's used to. Shinji sees Kaworu as an ideal, someone he wants to be, someone who he thinks deserves to live more than him (he says this to Misato at the end of the episode). Shinji putting Kaworu on a pedestal and idealizing him to the point of overlooking his faults and shadiness is both a mix of admiration and romantic attraction, all the blushing indicates as much.
I agree it isn't fueled by pure lust/sex in comparison to his later actions with Asuka and the other girls, it's more spiritual than that.

I used those as evidence to their relationship being 'gay' / i.e not simply friendship like Shinji with Toji and Kensuke.
Implying Shinji is homosexual was never my intention given he also shows attraction to the girls in the series.

It was pretty funny how Kaworu was completely written out of that. I don't even remember if there was a reason, he just abruptly disappeared.

No gay stuff allowed in Eva To-Love Ru

We mostly agree, but I think the romance part is just extrapolation from projecting homos. Nothing else you said implies it. Blushing is just a sign of embarrassment or emotional stress. Shinji is insecure and finding himself both physically and psychologically exposed here.

Shinji blush simply by seeing Kaworu.

Attached: blushing hedgehog.jpg (708x540, 38K)

I disagree, I think the romantic overtones are quite obvious just looking from the episode alone.
Yes, Shinji is insecure and at a point of his life where he's more desperate and isolated than ever before.
But let's look at the instances in the episode where Shinji blushes at Kaworu:
1. Upon first meeting him on the rock, before Kaworu can even be nice to him.
2. When he comes back from testing
3. When Kaworu calls him fragile in the bath
4. When Shinji sees Kaworu smiling at him from the bed
Most of these aren't embarrassment or emotional stress, heck in the very first blush it's just from seeing Kaworu for the first time.
He clearly is attracted to his appearance, which already makes the relationship have an element of romantic connotation.
Now you could argue on to what extent that romantic connotation makes up of their dynamic, but to argue it isn't there at all I just can't agree with given what we see.

Attached: First blush.jpg (640x512, 29K)

It never fails to impress me how almost every single Eva thread i see -whether its a shitty bait thread, red v. blue war, or an image dump - turns in to an actual discussion with people citing sources and practically writing thesis papers.

Attached: 1546030562740.jpg (2198x3862, 1.85M)

That's the magic of EVA

Eva threads are still some of the best on Yea Forums for that reason

B A S E D

Attached: 1545361622086.png (496x496, 438K)

If the only evidence is blushing, I'm not even slightly convinced. When they first meet, Shinji is feeling down and looking for a friend. Then some stranger calls him by name and tells him how important he is. How does blushing here show attraction to Kaworus appearance? He's not used to being praised.
Maybe I could accept this as evidence if Shinji only blushed in romantic or sexual encounters but that's not true either. We see in episode 2 he blushes in the I'm Home, Welcome home scene. Shinji is a just a shy kid who blushes often.

>He's not used to being praised
But it wasn't praise, Kaworu says: "Forgive me for being rude, but you should be more aware of your own position" - it's just as Kaworu says, a rude statement - yet Shinji isn't upset by it
Calling my his name would maybe warrant a smile, but full-on blushing? That seems too much. We never saw Shinji blush like that with Toji and Kensuke, and that was at a point of looking for a friend as well.
The other instances of Shinji blushing at Kaworu are when Kaworu asks him a question, or is just looking at him - why would that warrant full-on red cheeks?

>Shinji is a just a shy kid who blushes often.
Yes, he does blush in episode 2 - but does he blush often? No. There's the black lines that show up on character's faces, but the red cheek blushes that we see frequently in this episode are seen when he's in sexual situations, episode 2, and the time Misato praised him. It's not enough to consider it common behavior especially considering these red-cheek blushes in Anime are infamously used in romantic scenes.

If Anno's intention was to portray a completely platonic relationship, he would have no reason to include those blushes. As well as portraying the two in intimate situations (holding hands in a bath together), (Kaworu asking if Shinji meant they go to bed together), this is a starking difference from Shinji's friendship with Toji and Kensuke.

Attached: bath time.gif (498x340, 998K)

>Maybe I could accept this as evidence if Shinji only blushed in romantic or sexual encounters but that's not true either
But it is. Shinji's blushing in episode 24 is only shown in sexual situations where he's embarrassed.
Compare that with the black lines when he's getting praised or just smiling.

Attached: blush compilation.png (2000x1271, 2.34M)

Of course it's a different kind of friendship than with his classmates. It's also a different kind of relationship than he has with Asuka or Rei.
I find the general promotion of slapping a gay sticker on them really disheartening as it's becoming all too common in real life. Kids keep being told to embrace different sexuality at younger ages and it's really damaging. The fact is, Shinji is a normal healthy kid and attracted to females. He comes off as straight in every other situation so why assume he's gay just because the closest friend he makes is a boy. He's also probably a bit confused and uncomfortable by his strong liking towards Kaworu. We see this in his blushing sure, but in the end it's just a matter of someone caring about him and the show never makes any strong claim otherwise.

He could be attracted to both boys and girls or just Kaworu and girls.
Him blushing at Kaworu doesn't erase the fact that he masturbates to Asuka. But him masturbating to Asuka doesn't erase him blushing at Kaworu either.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 24' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][25378AB4].mkv_snapshot_23.43.287. (1440x1080, 129K)

>I find the general promotion...it's really damaging
Except that's not what's happening here. This episode aired in 1997 Japan, by Japanese for Japanese.
Western politicalshit isn't relevant.

>The fact is, Shinji is a normal healthy kid
No? He's an extremely damaged and traumatized kid from his abusive upbringing. Hence why his social skills and self-image are so warped.
I don't know why you keep putting words in my mouth saying he's gay when I never suggested as much. He's attracted to females, and he's attracted to Kaworu when his episode shows up. So he either falls under being bisexual or being heterosexual with Kaworu as an exception. Being sexually confused in this way makes sense given his desperation for affection and how fucked up his life is.

>it's just a matter of someone caring about him and the show never makes any strong claim otherwise.
Again, his actions shows it goes further than that: His liking towards Kaworu is directly linked to being romantic in nature. His handholding with Kaworu in the baths is directly linked to Misato offering him sex in the previous episode (their scenes play back to back in EoE), and outside of the show Anno's words/interviews/drafts further confirm these intentions.
I just don't see any evidence of this being a 100% platonic, strictly friendly dynamic. It would be so easy to portray their relationship as such, but Anno clearly didn't.

Attached: hands.gif (492x662, 121K)

That's even gayer

It's more like interactions Shinji had with Misato and Kaji, with Shinji being encouraged to talk about something he wanted to talk about. In this case having nobody to talk to and that bothering him for the first time in his life, pretty much seeking therapy for not having a therapist. It's still distinct from those because Kaworu doesn't empathize with what Shinji's trying to articulate, he arrived already convinced humans were miserable without the will to kill themselves and took it as affirming that.

Or maybe he's just a faggot