Is hollywood gonna fuck it up?

Is hollywood gonna fuck it up?

Attached: BA0762F9-C501-4664-8CF8-8232386B9E35.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GbAeaWHimOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>HAHAHA wrong board XD

Of course
Do you even doubt it?

Nah, its gonna be a blockbuster, no matter how bad it is.

Considering that Ryan Reynolds abandoned his children for the sake of the character, it might at least be entertaining.

Better to have a dad in your favorite movie than... a dad.

Couldn't agree more.

It has a nigger on it so yes

Pokémon has an anime

youtu.be/GbAeaWHimOg

I defy you to hate this.

Kid Icarus had anime shorts for promotion, does that mean we can talk about Kid Icarus Uprising here? i dont think so

I look forward to enjoying this train wreck

>MC is a nigger
>plot revolves around his father being missing

Attached: 05-52-46-1554077395873.jpg (796x809, 51K)

The Pokemon designs are enough for it to already be fucked up. But that won't stop the legions of braindead ironic nerds from filling up the theater on day one just to say they did and making fucking billions at the box office.

Expect this thing to be at least a trilogy before they become bored of it.

The game had the same plot, except the MC wasnt black
They either knew what they were doing or they fucked up

Oh absolutely. I can't believe people are actually excited for this shit.

>They got the normies fave actor to play pikachu to shill the "deadpool is pikachu" shite

Attached: excuseme.jpg (500x378, 31K)

>>normie
hello, teen

Yes. Americans fucked up Pokemon before; they'll fuck it up again.

>Naming your daughter James
He had every right to abandon those kids.

>Yes. Americans fucked up Pokemon before; they'll fuck it up again.

What? Fucking when?

original design tim looked stupid though, this moreno guy at least has expression in his face

Signs point to no. It's actually managing to hook people who know the franchise but never engaged with it outside of Pokémania, something the anime movies couldn't do even at the franchise's peak popularity. It's not talking down to its audience, isn't just Gen 1 pandering, and most surprising of all mainstream audiences are actually accepting of the almost Roger Rabbit vibe the aesthetic is going for. Anyone who says this movie isn't going to be a commercial AND a critical success is confusing their cynicism for intelligence. This shit looks right up your average critic's alley for family movies.

Attached: 1460770070272.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

The dub.

>AND a critical success
as if that means anything

Critics are fucking retards if it's a critical success then it's just further proof it's shit.

And what might be so bad about this?

Attached: 24f95068-27a0-4407-aa1e-dee42f063c1b.png (1280x719, 218K)

No, it’s gonna be unironic kino

>Haha muh realistic edgy pokemon designs
It's tired as fuck but hell I know for a fact it's extremely popular on reddit so go fucking nuts if that's what you're into.

The subject of the thread pertains to the quality of the film. Good general critical reception isn't necessarily indicative of quality but it does often reflect general audiences as well. This is especially true of family films. This movie is looking to be a safer bet than you're anticipating. It's working within the confines of a rote Hollywood structure rather than trying to be a direct representation of the games. It's absolutely going to work and people will eat it up.

The dub wasn’t backed by hundreds of millions of production $$$.

It’s gonna be good and people are gonna be mad that it’s good.

>This movie is looking to be a safer bet than you're anticipating.
This thread is full to the brim of people saying it'll be shit but will perform well anyway. Your awful post doesn't deserve the digits it rolled.

Why Tim is black?

Attached: images (5).jpg (210x240, 8K)

He's not wrong though.

Cultural appropriation. But no ones going to care anyway because pikachu is going to be the star

not going to be worse than cowboy bebop sadly

I'm saying it's quality is a safer bet. I'm saying that the film will be considered good because it will succeed at storytelling whereas others are saying the film will be bad because the Pokémon are ugly. My much more logical and objective means of measuring quality deserved those digits. Gookmoot blessed me.

It looks so fucking dark and gritty. Just like pokemon!

your opinion isn't a fact tho

how do you contrast a light yellow creature?
with a brown creature

meanwhile the anime has Ash look like a fucking Mexican.

>He's not wrong though.
No shit. But it falls flat when he's just repeating the same sentiment as the rest of the thread but as a long winded word salad.

Hey you can't say that just because the protagonist is black

My little nephew can't wait to see it.

Attached: One Piece_cute_happy_surprise_joy_kids.jpg (1100x941, 144K)

>This movie is looking to be a safer bet than you're anticipating. It's working within the confines of a rote Hollywood structure rather than trying to be a direct representation of the games.
I can confirm you haven't played the game, because the game is already a safer-bet Phoenix Wright.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-11 D30LaueWkAE-R8M jpg (JPEG Image, 546 × 1024 pixels).png (487x274, 153K)

It's going to be a great family movie, it's not meant for incels like you.

Attached: cringe.gif (220x224, 176K)

I am actually arguing that the film will be good. No one can muster up any decent argument for why it looks bad other than disliking a mainstream actor, inoffensive humor, and the designs. The average user here is just trying too hard to seem above it all when this movie is almost certainly going to succeed in storytelling.

The reason they chose to adapt that game is because it can be made to work with a known Hollywood structure. I meant that it is not representative of the mainline games, the ones people actually care about. I doubt most normalfags going to see this even know it's an adaptation of a 3DS game.

No, japan is going to fuck it up.

Attached: 1554940646461.png (1102x522, 470K)

Attached: 1533526929493.jpg (689x702, 58K)

>inoffensive humor, and the designs.
These two things are not only decent but actually very good arguments as to why a movie might be bad you spastic. If you're looking forward to it fine. If it's shit and you enjoy it anyway fine. But stop acting like you're enlightened because you're going against the grain on 4chin.

here's your pokeman bro

Attached: pokemon.webm (888x500, 2.95M)

That 3D model of Ash looks okay.

Horrible

Attached: ashf censored.png (875x625, 370K)

Yup. You sure drew that like you thought you meant something.
>>>/reddit/

Who cares

Pretty much all of the scenes in the trailers are Ryan Reynolds making jokes, it doesn’t look dark and gritty at all.

Anons here keep arguing this'll be a good "family movie" but some of these designs could actually traumatize a child. Could it be this movie is gonna be one of those aims to please everyone but ends up pleasing no one type deals?

Jokes on you, I saved it from a previous thread!

Pleb: Detective Pikachu
Patrician: Sonic the Hedgehog the movie

It will be great.

This. Normal well adjusted people will like this movie, jaded misanthropic incels will hate it.

Attached: 1554940709917.png (1102x522, 413K)

A lot of the pokemon could look better but I don't think it fucked up. It looks like hollywood is just taking a story and franchise and rather than play things super safe by making it overly kid friendly or making a perfect adaption, they're just having fun and doing their own thing.

So long as it's entertaining I don't see any harm in it. It's not like this one movie will forever change pokemon or kill the franchise.

The problem is they look more like video game models and animate like them too.
If you told me these were renders for a new Smash character reveal I'd believe you.

Attached: 1554940816985.png (1102x522, 399K)

>some of these designs could actually traumatize a child
le scary looking CGI! Please, there was scarier cartoons and video game scenes in the 90's/2000's
As someone who has PTSD from toddler-age, people need to lighten up about shit being too "scary". Yeah, the slab guy from Courage the Cowardly dog was creepy but no one is actually effected by shit like that aside from a nightmare or two.

Attached: SERVAL.png (319x212, 118K)

I would give anything to see a CWC cameo

Attached: cwc sonchimovie.jpg (1039x2015, 411K)

>As someone who has PTSD from toddler-age
Wanna know how I know you're entire post is bullshit?

Attached: 1554941774993.jpg (291x403, 27K)

Attached: 1554937760580.webm (1280x720, 175K)

>you're
This is what I get for phoneposting.

>As someone who has PTSD from toddler-age
I also vividly remember a bully stealing my milk from me

What can I say, my dad likes em young.

Attached: 1525632654064.jpg (262x269, 37K)

I'm not watching this shit based on the fact the MC is a black kid and not an Asian.

What sort of humor would you prefer? It doesn't appear to be babying the audience but it's not up its own ass with witty remarks encouraging you to not take anything seriously. It's not being dismissive of its own source. I'm not acting enlightened, everyone else is just acting stupid. I'm also not even looking forward to the film, it's just plain as day that nothing's really going wrong here.

People with PTSD don't talk about having PTSD. It's actually a documented phenomenon.

Are kids even familiar with the first gen pokemon? I wonder if they will be confused at the lack newer pokemon.

Kids all played Pokemon GO which was Gen1 only for ages.

well, twitch was airing old pokemon and I think still is 24/7, so I'm sure theyre familiar with the 1st gen pokemon

Yes, but Pikapool, so I don't care too much.

Not everyone is the same. I went 20 years not remembering anything and only just started working on getting over it after I got diagnosed. I'm in group therapy so I suppose my experience talking to people about it and opening up as a means to get over my past gives me a different perspective.
Attention seeking and bringing up my personal issues on a Mongolian pottery painting forum isn't a productive way of coping so I'm going to stop now.

You mean the editing. The dub itself was great.

>Pokemon GO
>Let's go Pikachu/Eevee
They're aware.

>induced memories
Oh dear.

Unironically WRONG FUCKING BOARD NIGGER.

>Pokemon is a game
>This movie is an adaptation of a game
>This has nothing to do with the Pokemon anime
>YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FUCKING CONTAINMENT BOARD /vp/ YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>fucking Yea Forums mods delete this thread on sight

FUCK MODS
FUCK HIROSHIT
FUCK NIGGERS

Attached: 1554838692480.jpg (800x1150, 486K)

Makes sense. This only further proves that the first gen is the most superior and everything that came afterwards is noncanon.

The dub is straight up garbage, especially 4Kids that was prone to mistranslations, censorship, Americanization, and music replacements. Even the current dub handled by TPC/DuArt is doing many of the same things as 4Kids.

>lack newer pokemon
Have you seen any of the trailers?

Motherfucker you have THREE fucking boards to talk about this shit, fuck off.