Delve into cool, mysterious character's backstory

>Delve into cool, mysterious character's backstory
>Ruin the thing that makes them interesting
Why do this?

Attached: 3243216.gif (500x375, 813K)

Readers are idiots who think they know what they want. Hack writers are idiots who listen to readers and try to please them.

Characters become far less interesting the more you know about them. There's a certain beauty in the unknown.

In kakashi's case it didn't really matter because he was already so powerless at that point compared to the other characters.

You must not take any writing classes. They tevh you back stories are always superior. It teaches you about their dreams and insecurities. If it is a mystery you may not know why x character feels that way.

Brevity is the soul of wit

woah entry level writing classes anyone can take! tell us all about great writing secrets please

You say that as if War Arc Kakashi wasn't one of the biggest fucking amps to a character outside of Naruto and Sauske.
Kakashi's chakra/stamina compared to pre war are absurd.
He could Kamui like twice a day and do 1 Raikiri at most
Then here comes War arc and Kakashi uses Kamui like 8 fucking times and like 5 different Raikiri and variants of it BEFORE Naruto does his Chakra sharing bullshit.
HE FUCKING FOUGHT BIJUU

Dude he is so mysterious I am to lazy to write a complex character and explain why he does these actions lol

Well there are multiple sayings all with the message the more you get to know someone you like the more you will dislike them,

Usually stems from writers who end up having a short term plan only, or series that end up going for much longer than initially intended

mystery is better than a bad backstory, but a good backstory is better than mystery

Apparently you didn’t, given the grammar.

Too many characters, thats always the answer

I blame him jobbing to Pain, and then being brought back to life must have increased his base chakra.
Getting killed makes you stronger.

This isn't hxh

They shouldn't. The best you should do is dripfeed the backstory like in Monogatari with Oshino's backstory of "He went to University with a bunch of other autists. He joined an occult club and wore Hawaiian shirts"

That's literally everything we know about his backstory and he's one of the more loved characters.

>dude why does he act this way
>i dunno lol
That's called lazy writing.

>kakashi wasn't naruto's mention
biggest fucking mistake in the writing. It's plot hole tier bad

I liked Kakashi's backstory, or at least the Gaiden. It was nice to see how he used to be an edgelord but an Uchiha of all people was the friendly one who brought him back to the right path. I feel like Kishi monkey pawed me when I thought that it would've been nice to see a bit more of Obito before he "died".

Backstory should be like lingerie.

It reveals enough to make it interesting and keep your attention, but doesn't ruin your imagination by exposing everything.

wisdom

You guys are so funny. Image if we didn't know how kakashi got his sharingan. Imagine we didn't know his relationship to itachi. Image if we didn't know his relationship to Obito near the end. What would we end up with? Yeah, we would have Naruto's sensi. That's it.

Mysterious isn't even that nice. I'd rather have a character I can see as a HUMAN.

What if Kakashi made youtube let's plays of a children's video game?

kakashi's relationship with itachi ?

Backstory makes the characters and settings come to life. Not having enough backstory, especially for main characters is shallow and uninteresting.

This. So hackwriters should stick to mystery to at least pretend to be talented.

*blocks your path

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)