Why does 3D anime always look so bad?

Why does 3D anime always look so bad?

Attached: 1554934931543.png (1260x579, 969K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=pwFpAyEuph8
youtu.be/P17l7VlWBE8?t=270
youtube.com/watch?v=XQLgn9-xqQc
youtube.com/watch?v=mIyaB5_t220
youtube.com/watch?v=OyJaid5V4Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=i4nxEcNrn6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kotobuki wasn't bad

The secondaries and Team Rocket look great, how they fucked Ash and Misty is beyond me. Brock looks neat tho

You dont like the life size sex dol look?

Most studios are incapable of incorporating it, but some do a very good job.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=pwFpAyEuph8
youtu.be/P17l7VlWBE8?t=270
youtube.com/watch?v=XQLgn9-xqQc
youtube.com/watch?v=mIyaB5_t220
youtube.com/watch?v=OyJaid5V4Tw

CG is used in pretty much all anime nowadays but it only looks like shit most of the time when it's a character. There's examples of it looking like shit like OP's pic related, berserk 2017, golden kamuy bear or overlord but that's not because CGI in anime is shit it's because the people working on it were shit

>inb4 "hur dur it's all shit because I said so"

Attached: 1547405067017.png (203x209, 14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=i4nxEcNrn6M

It doesnt look bad.

It's too similar to their 2D models.

All those are shit.

Is Precure all 3D now? Thats fucking sad if it is.

Because uncanny valley.

What's this?

Brock's eyes simply don't work in 3D, its horrifying.

Because good 3DCGI actually requires a lot of money and only Hollywood currently has enough to do it properly.

>All those are shit.

Riiight.

Yikes. No thank you.
Also Brock looks like the mom from Bao

Fuck, the music when the invaders show up is so good. You don't need heavy drums and hardcore guitar riffs to make something seem intimidating. Then again, those Lunarians don't look intimidating at all, but they do pose a real threat.

>Phos breaking from the master's yelling
I still love this scene.

What? 2D is more expensive than 3D mate. Its WHY Hollywood moved over to 3D instead of 2D. With 3D you can produce more with less.

wtf Rem was cg? No wonder she's shit.

Attached: concerned filo.png (319x405, 159K)

Jesus, if they used a toon shader instead of falling for the realistic rendering meme, it wouldn't look all that bad.

Dont try and emulate 2D character in 3D without rendering it to look 2D.

Why the fuck do they look like dolls?

I said it on Yea Forums and I'll say it here. If the models were made to look like felt dolls this would been fine. It's already pushing this weird boundary where the lighting & shading looks absolutely brilliant but it's ruined on the models themselves. I want them to look like something, anything other than shitty 3d renders. Iif you changed it up and made all the characters dolls or puppets if would work, even if it's still all CG.

ahem, fuck you

Attached: ss_2c265df38c3d2d393d74ee8e74d79bdafa16b143.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)