Kenja no Mago

>"yep, never end had a chance!"

Attached: 1834938943849.png (1366x768, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yu6VGreukFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitty isekai n°130 97 645 with semi-god MC using the power of kanji and lolscience to reign amongst absolute retards

all hail the vibroswords

Truth is the game was rigged from the start

>just imagine some magic shit in your brain and it will happen
>GENIUS, HOW DID YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?

Attached: x8[1].png (1500x2126, 880K)

I wonder how

Attached: cicily.jpg (1920x1873, 826K)

After a bunch of red flags I think this was the moment I realized I will probably drop this by episode 2.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.50_[2019.04.10_18.14.33].jpg (1280x720, 127K)

WE NEED DOUJINSHI/LEWDS OF HER RIIIGHT NOW!

Attached: WHATSTHIS.png (870x940, 641K)

So how does that uniform even work? Put on a shirt that doesn’t even cover the chest and then stic on a collar and some sleeves?

On the one hand, the author preemptively removed an extremely overused cliched source of contrived conflict, but looking at how easy mode things have been it might've been nice for him to face some kind of problem he couldn't defeat with his god powers. Not that it would matter I guess since his uncle is the king.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.47_[2019.04.10_18.25.02].jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>nobility ranks have no influence in the academy
>the prince is constantly leveraging his own power as a prince

sure

Welp, this is the worst isekai I have ever watched. And I watched Ragnarock.

I'm so happy Van-kun had a chance this time, his older brother was stealing every opportunity.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.11_[2019.04.10_22.29.28].jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Manga is not bad

Spoil me, is one gold coin equal to ten silver coins?

unfortunately, I've read too many isekai that are worse than this one

The magic is basically extreme telekinesis.

One ANN reviewer gave this 4 out of fucking 5.

Shit choice, cute healslut with big tits and a possessive attitude is nothing compared to a smug wingwoman redhead whose also one of the top 3 mages in a group where everyone could probably solo countries.

Well this was something.

Attached: 1458013910407.webm (720x404, 878K)

>if I make the characters say it's cliché, then I can get away with it
I fucking hate it when they do this.

Attached: 1526467448140.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

never ever

Attached: x16[1].png (1500x2126, 821K)

to be honest this is a pretty bad series besides sorting out the love interest stuff early. the antagonists are more interesting than the heroes, and the story contrives reasons for the heroes to mess up for the villains to be a threat beyond their raw power.

What was the point of him even being isekai'd? There's not even a pretense of there being a reason for it that will never be resolved, you could chop off the first 15 minutes of this episode and it would just be about some over powered teenager gary stu going to a magic school.

it's just to shove some lolscience bullshit like vibrosword, and kanji wanking
surprised I didn't see onions sauce and miso being introduced yet

That's like the worst possible reason. I thought isekai had sunk as low as it could with smart phone but this might be worse.

Cute anime, looks like this is going to be fun.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.55_[2019.04.10_22.59.50].jpg (1280x720, 161K)

I guess there's also the easy self-insert / escapism factor

Knights & Magic was also like this, it's basically just an excuse to make the MC a gifted genius by giving him something about how having a past life enhances your magic or something on that level. Don't mind it.

This show made me irrationally angry.
How can anyone enjoy a show where the main character is OP right off the bat without doing anything to earn it?

And yes I say this every season it seems. It makes me wonder if there was ever an isekai LN that was too bad to get licensed.

Attached: 1547396075431.jpg (850x795, 459K)

That's isekai in general though, it's more unusual when they don't do that, and I wouldn't get far watching isekai if self inserting bugged me. The sheer laziness of the writing is what gets me.

>How can anyone enjoy a show where the main character is OP right off the bat without doing anything to earn it?
Easily, but like everything with anime what matters is the execution of the idea, not the idea itself. This is just badly executed power fantasy because it feels like it's condescending to its audience.

well, even isekai death march got an anime

when we will have stuff like re monster, gunota or isekai nonbiri nouka being animated, then we'll have reached the bottom

>Mahouka
>Smartphone
>Death March
>Mago
Clearly there are people out in Japan who like it and I'm thankful for their existence, these shows are actually pretty fun

Death March was definitely on the dull and uninspired side of isekai but the MC was more likable due to his bumbling nature. He was still an untouchable OP god never remotely challenged or threatened by anything but he sort of wound up that way by accident, through a series of coincidences, and his personal goals were basically just to get by and live quietly. These are small things but they make a really big difference in a show where there's no real conflict and everything is about us wanting to be the MC.

I'm okay if this show just stays comfy dumb MC-kun adventures.

I'll keep watching for potential QUALITY.

Attached: 1539788118900.webm (480x270, 223K)

well, about that...

Attached: x51[1].png (1500x2126, 1.16M)

it doesn't
gets more edgy as the plot advances

Why the fuck do you fags need every MC to face challenges and whatnot, the reason for these overpowered MCs is how their series aren't focused on them having challenges. Just try to fucking chill and enjoy what they set out to do instead of getting upset because they aren't what you anted to see.

Attached: 1521765732534.jpg (740x814, 98K)

This is like a checklist of how to make a shitty isekai.
>inexplicable reincarnation? check
>good at absolutely everything for no reason? check
>more powerful as a child than legendary heroes? check
>royal relative? check
>infinite money and high status life? check
>saves a damsel in distress in the first episode who then joins his harem? check
>several checks later
>eventually ruins comfy, no conflict atmosphere with needlessly edgy plot developments? check

Too used to shonen shit. American comics ve no training crap your power is what you were born with.

honestly the academy stuff is basically a short front excuse for Shin to get a set of friends together, before another nation gets destroyed and taken over by "demons", humans who despaired so hard that they become superhuman yet typically immoral and crazy (though there are exceptions), and they mostly became demons because nobles ruined almost all of their lives just for the sake of it. we're talking one guy's ill sister who was like the baby sis of a whole commoner knight squad was raped and murdered just because. so Shin makes a superpowerful mage team of his personal friends to fight the demons. except everyone in the world but them are retarded or easily manipulated and nobility is evil outside of the heroes, so war were declared.

oh and most recently by manga scanlations the brainwashed pope of the universal church wants to kidnap and rape Shin's love interest; the demons hoped it would succeed so that Shin retaliates because he's got potentially nation-destroying levels of anger if you fuck with his waifu and thus get Shin's nation to look like ax-crazy bastards, but instead the holy nation of the church will now look like they're batshit assholes, so the demons will "win" this round either way.

Because most stories are born from conflict. Conflict requires tension. Yes every story operates on the assumption that the MC will win in the end, but that's where the skill of an author comes into play. When you know the MC is never in danger at any point it just becomes going through the motions. It's fine if it really is going to be a chill lighthearted story, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Making the Mc and villains equal would be a nice change.

It just seems like isekai is full of boring power fantasy self-inserts who never develop as characters because they are so far and above the world they were transported to.

well, there's also the
>naruto-tier uselessness girls mainly here for support and who need to be protected by white knights boys, especially when they try hard to prove they are strong wimenz or when left alone to face a hurdle of some sort

really the story tries to emphasize more that the protagonist is so stupidly overpowered for the world that he'd be a one man calamity if he were ever pissed or pushed to go all out.

Why did Merlin name him after a leg bone?

No, that's just what you want them to be but thankfully you aren't the center of the universe.

The MC is bland almost as bad as Garystumu. Does it get better?

Gary Stu MCs destroy any chance of a good story.

>thankfully you aren't the center of the universe
Ironic desu.

It gets edgier.

based isekai saving this season

Its because for human it takes years to reach your genetic peak so the authors would have to timeskip to get any progress.

Shouldn't this work for everyone else if they imagined the word "antigravity" in the rock?

Attached: img000028.png (1500x2126, 1.27M)

So in a world of magic levitating matter is amazing not the levitating energy circles that initiate the magic wtf.

yes, just after that they start doing it on themselves and just go around flying

Attached: Z2[1].png (1500x2126, 1.03M)

Instead of isekai, they should have made him an autistic child prodigy who can't read or write, but visualizes all words as pictures.
It would also have some comedy potential too.

Attached: 1521606247066.png (553x615, 421K)

Attached: Some sort of sex scene.jpg (1280x863, 98K)

Its so generic i hurts
i fucking love it.

>caring more about the gifted dude than the moe old people

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.45_[2019.04.10_23.13.48].jpg (1280x720, 160K)

BASED DORKS

>when having a highschool education and being japanese is a super power
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

hey, that's just asian in general. look at the manwha with the same problem

>when one of the most generic and trash isekai in the world has better animation than OPM
What in the actual fuck did they mean by this?
Why is this allowed?

It means stop being a sakugafag

Attached: kanji no moga.jpg (169x143, 11K)

Show might be shit but I can't truly hate a series that does a surprise boob chart in the OP. It's silly things like that which make my heart flutter.

Attached: surprise boob chart.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

>the biggest has an ara ara side glance

All I know is that Yellow is best girl.

Boar-kun has great taste.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.08_[2019.04.10_23.19.02].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Holy shit
Edgefags and Dramafags.

Masterpiece list :

-Sword of Online
-Tokio Ghoul
-Shingeki no Kyojin

>MUH I NEED CONFLICT , GORE , 4D CHESS AND DRAMA 800 cap.+ AND 0 PLOT .

Tier

Attached: Shut Up, Faggot...webm (960x720, 1015K)

What was the Ragnarok one even?

What did he mean by this post?

Attached: 1547496387260.jpg (2032x2304, 258K)

I'm sure this incoherent rant made sense in your head but it's missing like 10% of the necessary context to figure out who exactly you're mad at and why. I can't tell if you're ironically imitating somebody by trying to make them look stupid or actually stupid.

Those first two aren't really likely for various reasons, but nonbiri nouka is almost definitely going to happen at some point. It's selling very well in Japan. So is Kaifuku Jutsushi.

Attached: Kaifuku Jutsushi-hot burning love.jpg (860x1080, 239K)

>nonbiri nouka
Oh that'd fucking fun. Pure wish-fulfillment fluff.

>No prince fiancee
I also hope she the main girls because the main girls so boring. Even her red haired friend a lot better.

Don't tell me every other girl in that image is hooked up with another dude.

Yes. Except the red haired so far.

Fucking hell.

the paizuri must be wonderful. Does she have a nice butt as well

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p]-0002.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Probably something along the lines of
>If I shit out buzzwords I can get (You)s or people to like me!

What the fuck is wrong with the king's voice?

I understand these magic battle academy shows are trashy but I think they're fun and I'm glad to see one pop up again.

The show should focus more on the moe grandpa.

>inb4 he gets killed off

>magic battle academy
if only it actually remained that for anything more than 10 minutes really

I just want you to know Strom did nothing wrong.

The short haired magic maniac is the best girl in this series

>Mahouka
It's gotten pretty bad when Mahouka doesn't seem all that bad anymore.

>it's isekai
>but it's actually magical academy shit
Wait a minute.

Sadly it doesn't look like it will be a battle harem as well because the MC immediately chose his girl.

>chestlet knowing its place
>cute grandpas doing cute things
>tarzan but in a isekai enviorement
fun things are fun, i love it

I know. It's already full on MC wanking, should have gone the extra step.

Would you?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.09_[2019.04.10_23.12.56].jpg (1280x720, 171K)

Now I want an anime entirely dedicated to an old magician couple.

im sorry granpa but i need to breed granma

Well, at the very least episode 1 laid out what to expect from the whole series.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Quartet - 01 [1080p].mkv - 01;43;53.822.jpg (1920x1080, 791K)

MORE ISEKAI BABY

>what to expect from the whole series.
Only partially, given the magical academy shit is superfluous

ANOTHER FUCKING CAR ACCIDENT
When will isekai stop killing so many japs?

Because there are more people out there than shounenshitters?

Do you prefer
>muh whole class got summoned to be heroes
?

I really don't like animation in action. It looks strange. Something like bad animator trying to overcompensate.

Attached: isekai transport.png (800x1132, 507K)

This, we need more random murderhobos. Slime did the right thing.

Makes me wonder when all the old man isekai is going to come out where they die of age.

Isekai is buddhist propaganda, prove me wrong.

>holy shit my dick works again
>well I'm not squandering my youth a second time

Would be too lewd for TV

Our protags get rewarded for indulging themselves in material things.

I'd just use the opportunity to work on my backlog.

reincarnation is not reward, but punishment according to buddhism

Don't say that to me user, it's the only reason I'm watching this.

But then you cease to exist

Yes, and?

I prefer this
youtube.com/watch?v=yu6VGreukFs

lmao

You transcend.

Guess it's better than going through this hell again.

Existence is suffering. That's the first noble truth of buddhism, one of the founding tenets of the faith. The whole point of Buddhism is to eventually stop reincarnating and ascend to Nirvana.

So it's basically killing yourself spiritually?

I'm impressed by the art.

Attached: file.png (1445x2048, 1.81M)

Well, certainly not a series to be taken seriously.
Even the studio didn't give a fuck. The anime doesn't look like a product of love.
What really bothered me is how child-like the MC was. Grandpa didn't teach him about the world so he doesn't know anything about the world? That's a poor excuse. If he weren't reborn it would be believable that he assumed the forest to be the whole world, but he is actually an adult mentally so it made no sense that he never once wanted to learn about the world.

you will submit to the vibrosword

Attached: file.png (350x350, 65K)

>"You're way beyond cute!"
>Ending begins
>His clothes explode and he's freefalling naked
That was perfectly timed, god damn. This seems like it'll be the fun kind of fun, not the "this is stupid" fun that the premise sounded like. Also, Merlin is too good of a character. We don't deserve him.

The worst part is the mc could've been given a decent edge without being completely godlike by just making unique magical equipment with kanji

It's about shedding worldly attachments. Suicidal urges are, ultimately, still grounded in the material world. You try to run from them, but your soul is burdened by fear, anger, sadness, etc, and because it is so burdened it cannot ascend to Nirvana and you're only dooming yourself to another turn on the wheel, this time even further from enlightenment.

Letting go of your attachments is hard, people spend their whole lives trying to do it.

>UGUUU~ AM I KAWAII~?
Oh boy

Attached: file.png (1500x2126, 2.67M)

Talking Breasts is pretty cute actually, would get a paizuri from.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.05_[2019.04.10_23.17.51].jpg (1280x720, 126K)

If I abandon my waifus, I will truly have nor eason to live.

Attached: 1554841310901.jpg (2169x2160, 673K)

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Or maybe I've just consumed so much isekai that it doesn't really matter anymore.

Good half on hour padding desu.

Cringe.

>You will never have a pair of breasts that can vibrate at such frequency that it sounds like speech

How do they know if they're ready though?

>being a japanese salary man
>tired of being a drone at work everyday
>tired of society
>Get reborn as a magic man in a beautiful forest with an awesome family and don't give a fuck about anything else
Makes sense to me.

I missed battle magic school harem shows. The isekai is just the cherry on top.

Dropped

If he aimed to be a hermit, sure. Except he didn't.

Born for rape.

rest assured someone tries

Based. How soon will it happen in the anime?

isn't it many people?

Because I like it when the MC just destroys everything in his path instead of losing against the same dude 5 times in a row until he overpowers him with the power of friendship

heck if i know, i haven't watched the episode and i can't remember the manga's pacing for how long it may take for an adaptation

most certainly there's multiple people eyeing her up, but for the scanlations the current arc is about rescuing her from a brainwashed pope

I just want to know how prominent the two old fucks are because they're the best characters so far.

>everything is shounen or LNs
That sounds like hell.

It promotes suicide if anything.

After that season a few years ago where we had four magical academy battle harems at once, I still don't miss them.

Hard work and guts >>> overpowered > friendship > this universe is designed specifically for me, Gary Stu, to succeed at everything including romance even though I am extremely boring

it's okay, he's nice and he's handsome and he's friends with the main character

Does the Grandpa and Grandma know that he's reincarnated?

Despite being the better, more interesting girl? Why am I not surprised?

The childhood friend winning for once sorta redeemed Ragnarok... But this? Meh.

This is worse than death march.

I miss those days, Rakudai vs Asterisk shitposting was brutal, refugees chilling in the cozy antimagic threads, every show was disappointing for different reasons.
Good times.

so they animated that isekai where mc is a mary stue. it is BAD.

Doesn't look as bad as Death March yet

I don't consume much isekai.
How many of them actually justify and conclude the "teleported to another world" plot thread?

Attached: 1537829005688.jpg (456x760, 151K)

because it's a religion it's not actually real. these are the precepts but you have to take it with a grain of salt

Attached: angels fighting draguns.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>without doing anything to earn it
He worked his ass of as a japanese salaryman.

KnM gets a pass because the MC is cute and it has robots.

They were transported to another world. It's not a plot line that needs to be justified or "concluded" any more than why MC is the MC of a story and faces whatever coincidences leads him to forward the plot

usually some god or goddess decides to transport them because they made a mistake or whatever

Most of them nowadays take the route of reincarnation with "God accidentally kills MC/MC does too young so they get shoved into a new world with cheatcodes"

Isekai is a horrible, horrible genre.

I'll take that to mean that almost none of them do.

Goddess giving you a second chance I can accept, especially for a comedy series. It's a bit lazy but whatever.
But for example, Log Horizon is about a whole load of people being transported into a game world. If that plot thread never gets resolved, then I don't even know what to say.
I'm an animeonly, so maybe they resolved it later in the novels I don't know.

If the author doesn't want to explain it, then they should at least imply a meaningful connection between the worlds like Haibane Renmei (the best isekai).

Attached: 1478978903754.jpg (436x396, 36K)

Ragnarok does justify that by actually having the mc rely on back and forth communication between two worlds to do shit. Unfortunately, the series is pure cringe.

It's not a genre, it's a plot element. A theme.

only the old classic ones, the new generation isekai is just lazy escapism

It's a genre and Sword Art Online belongs to this genre.
Goblin Slayer, however, is a different genre (native isekai)

Attached: a common mistake for beginners.jpg (811x148, 16K)

Attached: 1532772267044.webm (600x336, 1.75M)

Fuck off.

>people are STILL getting upset at native isekai

Rarely.

Could you fuck off with that retarded bait?

>people are still calling LitRPGs "native isekai"

>this
soft isekai
>goblin slayer, sao and LH
hard isekai

Actually we should call them honorary isekai since they're not actually isekai.

The reason why I don't mind people using the term is because of where they draw their inspiration. Goblin Slayer wouldn't exist without the mountain of shitty isekai WNs coming before it. What if they just cut out the first five minutes of this show? It would stop being an isekai sure, but calling it "LitRPG" doesn't describe where it's roots would obviousl lie.

Then think up of another term you fuck. I liked native isekai because it I specifically used it to refer to an isekai story predominantly written from the perspective of the native. Which is a bit of a rare gimmick.

The actual proper umbrella term for all these LN/WN fantasy stories is naroushit.

Except you are literally the only person that uses it that way. It's like being the only person to repurpose the word "orange" into meaning "soda can with a stick in it".

are you retarded? It'd just be your average fantasy LN. Like every other Magic school LN or battle harem.

Native Isekai when it has nothing to do with isekai is completely retarded

It's isekai so why is the MC so dumb?

Despite the decent art, so far this is the only trashy isekai manga that I ever dropped before catching up. And I read shit like Death march, Re;monster, Dungeon Seeker, etc.

You clearly haven't read many isekai WNs if you think this would just be a battle harem if the isekai was removed.
>Native Isekai when it has nothing to do with isekai is completely retarded
See you are missing the point, it does have to do with isekai even if it's not in the work itself because it was inspired by isekai. It's a word that's transcended it's original meaning at this point, like weeb or incel.

Take demon lord urban development for example. It's set on earth in the distant future where the world has become a generic fantasy world. The MC is born with knowledge of our current technology; like computers and guns; and uses it to over power everything he comes across. It's clearly based in the same cultural trend that shit out things like this, slime, and LDM but it isn't a guy going to a different world. Native isekaieasy

>haha it really would be cliched if i fell into a girl's tits haha what a dull cliche
>whoops i fell into a girl's tits

No you're just literally retarded and thirsty for (you)s like a whore

Saekano is the most pissed of I've been about that.
>naked girls in an onsen discussing fanservice anime whilst the author smelled his own farts

Also that one with the hikki imouto.

Attached: 1538164632959.png (688x720, 287K)

If you want that you go back and watch older isekai series that predate the modern wish-fulfilment light novel format. At least then you have an different set of cliches and conventions that were eventually superceded by sheer volume of bad LNs.

Attached: Juuni Kokuki.jpg (736x520, 92K)

Legit dropping because he chose the wrong girl to focus on at the end of the episode.

This.

Death March was fun in its own way. So was Smartphone which was really tongue-in-cheek about a lot of things and didn't really take itself seriously.

Not quite as good as Smartphone, but it's looking like it will beat Death March. Grandpa and Grandma are moe. It's a real surprise that the MC is going for the blue girl rather than red, as is the standard.

Why is this anime had Kazuma's mansion?

I'll just watch this shit for the nice explosions honestly.
Not like I pay for it or anything

Rakudai/Asterisk/Antimagic was a different season, that guy is talking about the season with Absolute Duo, World Break, Isuca and uhhh Fafnir I think it was?

While we're waxing nostalgic about the good old days, I would really love a second season of JK Meshi. Throw in another season of Crane Game Girls for good measure.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Seiken Tsukai no World Break - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.22_[2015.02.16_21.09.19].jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Oh yeah, even I had forgotten about that. Fuck Isuca and Fafnir were so dull I'd completely forgotten their existence.

>first act
>slaughters animal with M A G I C

native isekai

I miss omoidashita.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p]-0001.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>muh atheism
Fuck off, /isekai/ is a Christian thread.

great personality

is he able to because he's a chad and everyone else is just a brown tongued cuck looking to get favours, or are they literally forced to do his bidding?

how don't grandpa has his own kids? he gay?

>redhead secretly lusts for main heroine but is too much of a wingman bro to do any kind of shit and that she wants shin's d as well. Its hard being bro

Last one I can think of is FoZ, back before the "fuck yeah escapism is awesome, who gives a shit about my old life" trend started

I fucking hate how incompetent every MC in stories like this is with magic but gets hailed as a fucking god for the simplest shit

>Wow big explosions by synthsizing hydrogen and oxygen in a 2:1 and compressing it with magic
How about you synthesize deuterium and tritium and compress it to trigger a fusion you dumb fucking idiot

>wow light magic by stacking sunrays
you dumb nigger same wavelength light would be much more efficient, also why not use light outside of the human sight spectrum to burn the retinas of every enemy with invible energy beams

or just imagine a pebble going at speed faster than light to rip apart the very seams of spacetime

Is this the slime of our generation?

LNfags are they setting up redhead as love triangle with MC?

Not even a LNfag (just manga) but he is already literally engaged to blue

has to be a virgin to be a sage

how many episode of this anime?

The results are in. You have autism.

Red a best, right?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.11_[2019.04.10_18.30.45].jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Yes, those rapist dudes have better taste than MC

All of them are worst.

Best girls never win so yes

How does this fare among Japanese compared to other isekais? I can't believe such shit is popular.

>Kenja no Mago
>Magi's Grandson
This is not a real translation, right? There's no way the Japanese word for "Magi" is cognate with ours.

>tfw you look more fuckable than your girlfriend

Attached: KNM_Volume_7_Cover_1.png (1080x1533, 2.93M)

Equal opportunity slut clothes.

Kenja means "Sage" or "Wise man" or some equivalent. It's maybe a little out there but it's not so bad. Magi just sounds better for marketing purposes I guess.

Christ that man needs to eat something, at least his girlfriend is plenty fat.

How do you make an explosion that large with just hydrogen and helium without a nuclear reaction?

he literally sais hydrogen and oxygen so its just about quantity
also that explosion isnt that big considering it isn't that far away. A fusion reaction should be much more potent than that fizzle

Honestly after realizing most people are NPC's, you shouldn't be surprised by this.

>people think japans birth rates are declining
>its actually an isekai epidemic
these trucks must be stopped

user, Magi is not a translation of Mago.

>KNM
>"oh, neat! 7th volume of KNM already! Gotta read that good stuff with nude fae lolis and (dick)hungry witches
>Notice a guy with bare belly in the pic
It's not Kuro no Maou, isn't it

What in the actual fuck.

>you and your gf have matching slutwear
I can almost see doujinshis being drawn

didn't old man isekai get cancelled because old man was a war veteran, so this triggered the fuck out of china

Actually a lot of them have magicians summoning heroes from another world, and usually getting back is an end goal for the summoned people.
Unless it's a reincarnation. It's mostly just "my life sucked, so I'm living this one properly", mostly just wish fulfillment, but sometimes it's done pretty well, for a shounen, at least. I liked how Mushoku Tensei went from MC treating his new life as a wish fulfillment to realizing that life isn't a game.

There's also another type of isekai. "It's just there to lure people who read isekai" one. It's a normal fantasy, possibly leaning more on wish fulfillment, that simply uses isekai tropes to get onto that sweet isekai bandwagon.

>when the dude has nicer hips and thighs
Fuck.

The author calling China an insect country and Korea a rape country may have played a role too.

So the MC was a Rei-fag?
Based

How many episodes till we'll get to the edgy shit, I want to prepare myself and enjoy the brainless OP-MC shit whilst I can.

Glasses stay on, baybee

>shitty isekai
>ridiculous op protagonist
>somehow not a harem
That's an instant drop from me

Attached: sdag4y37gh5.jpg (631x537, 92K)

Its funny how mad the redditors in this thread get about a fun little show. Anime&manga is and has always targeted at very low IQ people. For everything else is their Yea Forums and Yea Forums.

>tease half an episode with cute shota
>he's an old hag for the rest of the series
dropped

>emilia's house and kazuma
i swear this is a parody of isekai

Attached: sakabaito.png (625x626, 74K)

>Yea Forums
Next time just say Yea Forums and it will work.

>get reborn into fantasy world
>people still have to wear ties
I thought the whole point of this was to escape the soulgrind of the NipNog businessmen slavery. I mean damn, they can't even think freely in their poorly written fantasies.

There is not much decent shit this season so i might watch this
Seems comfy atleast

Why are you acting as if "watching the protagonist struggle against opponents that conveniently appear sorted by power" is the only reason why you would watch something?
You're not angry at the show, you're mad at the limitations of your very limited imagination, user.

You can't make me mad, because every time I read it I just think that you're talking about an isekai from the viewpoint of the people of the fantasy world that is getting invaded by earth people.

That his feelings got hurt that people don't like the shit he likes.

>flabby tumours
Give me modest perky breast, not this disgusting shit.

Fucking retard, depends if you go to a higher 'plane' or to a lower one. Though even Blessed Lands or whatever it was in English are sometimes considered a reward and sometimes a distraction.

the demon dude will be edgy a few episodes in. first he's gotta assemble a team of teenagers with attitude to join his advanced magic class the academy lets him teach because he's more qualified than any of their goddamn teachers

MC will decapitate a classmate that was possessed by a demon and no one will care that much

Is it just me or does the last manga chapter deviate from the light novel?

nonbiri nouka reminds me of a Banished in god mode, somehow

so basically he's the ultimate buddhist, entirely free of bonds and unburdened by emotions?

Attached: Michael-Schumacher-feat-696x503[1].jpg (696x503, 56K)

Why are isekai writers so creatively bankrupt? I mean you can't literally imagine fantasy animals populating your fantasy world? like hell make the chickens boar-sized and the boar chicken-sized or something just to show there's some creative neurons firing somewhere.

They are chicken with mohawks.

user, the magic grandpa that found the protagonist is a dude named Merlin, creative bankruptcy is there from the start

he marries worst girl with blue hair on ch18, and it gets even worse

If I was writing an isekai beastiary i'd add in dinosaurs, with mohawks. Except they'll all chicken-sized and lay eggs and people eat them like chicken.

smol hands

blushing grandpa tells me this show is worth it

Attached: is this how fujoshi starts.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

Blushing Grandpa was a good boy who just enjoyed EXPLOSIONS a bit too much, to Grandma's daily irritation.

worst boring piece of shit won so early
inn slut is better, same with tomboy

So when will top left appear?

Attached: boob chart.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

> Can summon gigantic ice shards and launch them into baddies
> Can summon and throw fireballs
> can create literal lightning
> Can't imagine flying like a bird
Is this the power of isekai?

Remember that flying magic is something really ard to do, so we have to see him create it before the climax of the series

> really hard to do
A child made flying boots in the first episode. Any asshole with wings and half competent wind magic can fly.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-11-19h30m16s457.png (1920x1080, 980K)

grandpa/ma are going to die in a
>i love you
>I know
way aren't they?

he looks less of a faggot in the manga

This is exactly the kind of trash I love.

Bamp

World Break is underrated. It also had a killer OST. Seems like the mc was leaning towards best girl (even though he probably ends up with both of them)

>JK Meshi

Never heard of it, looked it up and 4.6/10 on MAL. This show must be abysmal.

>FFS another isiekai
>Merlin, best oji-san appears

Ok, this looks like a fun time for this season.

Kotoha, Mei, now this. She just keeps getting better.

Having a main character who doesn't grow to overcome challenges shows a limited imagination. Having a lazy justification to explain the main character's ridiculous power level shows a limited imagination.
Talking about imagination in relation to these production-line isekai adaptations is gold though, nice one.

Attached: 1519774142736.png (223x193, 78K)

Bait.

Based.

Attached: 1451944937223.gif (438x358, 260K)

happy grandpa sold it
no waifu wars when the winner is telegraphed in the OP
seems like fun

Attached: 1498409620697.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

They were literally talking about that suspicion in the first episode
If I recall correctly, he tells them later

Merlin a best.

We need more moe old men as prominent side characters.

Sounds like the impossible dream.

how can you hate him?

Attached: s19.2.png (514x688, 135K)

Not even surprised.

Didn't show in the manga.

Attached: sachidong water.jpg (1440x810, 153K)

based kino healer

Rin is best girl.

Attached: 051.jpg (1292x516, 476K)

Why aren't grandpa and grandma married anymore?

Because of no fault divorce.

having magical sex wasn't enough user....

This series remind me of FF Type-0.

2-3 episode. Long black-haired girls will be appeared very late since she a grade below than they all.

World Break and Kuusen Madoushi are the two battle harems that have a special place in my heart.

It was AOTY regardless of what MAL thinks. Man, looking back, 2015 was a fantastic year for anime.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] JK Meshi! - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.37_[2015.12.08_10.42.19].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Isn't this a fucking Gelandewagen?
Can cars isekai by getting trucked?

Attached: isekai gelandewagen.jpg (640x360, 62K)

I'd rather watch a series about these blokes

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.42_[2019.04.12_02.11.58].jpg (1920x1080, 804K)