Why didn't she just wish to kill all kyubeys? It would have literally been the ultimate happy ending

Why didn't she just wish to kill all kyubeys? It would have literally been the ultimate happy ending.

Attached: Madoka-firing.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Because then you'd have no source for future magical girls and eventually witches (or the last witch, assuming the last magical girl killed everyone before turning herself) would have nobody to stop them from fucking up the entire planet.

It's possible for a magical girl to kill herself without becoming a witch, so OP's idea is still valid

Because the incubators, while total uncaring dickbags, are not >evil

stupid idea that probably wouldn't work and she would never do that because it's not in character

Because the asspull ending wouldn't work

Then it just means instead of whoever made the Incubators exploit magical girls, it's some other alien race directly exploiting magical girls.

>It would have literally been the ultimate happy ending.
How so? Every single existing magical girl would have still died or gone witch. Without the incubators to dispose of saturated grief seeds, you'd in fact have a bigger explosion of witches. Magical girls would gradually die/despair, but no more replacements, and there would be tons of witches left roaming the world.

Also, all those wishes really were altering the path of humanity and the world and universe. For better and worse humanity had become something that needed the incubators, and there is no reason to think they weren't telling the truth about entropy too.

But the first is really the main thing: even ignoring humanity entirely, Madoka specifically wanted to save all the magical girls, and make sure their wishes didn't end up as despair. She didn't wish away nuclear weapons or whatever either, it's totally possible humanity will fuck itself on its own. But even if it does all the magical girls still get to go to Pink Valhalla which was the point. She's the goddess of magical girls not the rest of us muggles.

Attached: madoka.jpg (937x1000, 670K)

>either fucks up the universal ecosystem majorly
Highly doubtful. If that were true, than Kyuubey's statement of reaching his quota when Madoka witches out in Episode 10 makes no sense. In order for them to not be evil, there would have to be a pressing need to constantly be gathering energy to prevent the end, and Madoka's tremendous amount would eventually run out. Kyubey's entropy explanation was to fool Madoka with a technically correct "good" reason to use the human race as batteries.

If for some reason Madoka's total energy is somehow enough to patch a whole in the universe or whatever bullshit reason her amount was enough to solve everything and a constant drain doesn't, then that's the Incubator's being wasteful and not stockpiling humanity's energy like they should. Homura did nothing wrong.

Why don't wish for an immortal universe?

not even Godoka is powerful enough for that wish

Wait a minute if they reached their energy quota have Madokas wish why the fuck were they still making magical girls in the next universe?

They cute

Why not replicate the Doppel system in MagiReco so that no magical girl ever has to become a Witch?

>In order for them to not be evil, there would have to be a pressing need to constantly be gathering energy to prevent the end, and Madoka's tremendous amount would eventually run out.
Not to get to into physics over a magical girl series, but that's not actually how it works user. With a fixed amount of energy the universe actually could be phase changed to an entirely different state which would then stick. Ie., right now best estimates are that we're looking at a Big Chill end, there isn't quite enough so space time will continue to accelerate its expansion, everything will continue to spread out, and eventually the universe will end as an infinite dead bubble with temperature approaching absolute zero and nothing going on ever.

Conversely if things were a bit different we could have a Big Crunch, where inflation eventually stops and goes into reverse, then rebound starting it all over again. Maybe they'd have a plan to survive, or maybe they'd simply think that was a far better way for things to go. And at exactly the right energy in principle the universe could just reach steady state.

At any rate, it's totally conceivable that a fixed amount would be sufficient, even assuming humanity really is alone. Alternately, they could be telling the truth about humanity going to space someday, and every starting emotional civilization is expected to provide a quota before they inevitably digitize themselves or whatever and lose the ability. Humanity meeting it then means they are legit off the hook and the next step is some other new baby civ.

Why didn't she just wish for a happy ending for everyone.

>Why don't wish for an immortal universe?
Why would Madoka want that from her heart? What would that even mean to her? They're tween/teen girls user, their wishes are all pure expressions of something they personally and emotionally want the most, not carefully designed by committee for the greater good stuff.

>Why didn't she just wish for a happy ending for everyone.
because that's fucking stupid since it's inherently self-contradictory

How will season 2 be? Will they follow any of the spin-offs/extendeduniverse games or do their own thing? Is the original writer/director coming back?

Attached: 1502922228099.jpg (679x960, 142K)

also, will Hitomi eventually be the green ranger?

Attached: 1550280760656.jpg (600x850, 89K)

>How will season 2 be?
I temper my hopes, but also remember that I was 100% fucking wrong before, I thought Rebellion would be bad because any follow up to the original would inevitably be shit. Instead it was very well done. So even though great series are usually lucky one-offs and lightning doesn't strike twice I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It's been successful enough to justify some real budget.

What would be the most fun would be some animated AU thing along the lines of To The Stars, but I doubt it. Either they do a spin off (and there's plenty of material to explore there) which would be the easiest and easiest way to be creative, or if they want to be very ambitious they actually try to follow up on Rebellion. I actually think the former would be better though, if only because it's a shame to eternally stick with the original characters and there's tons of magical girl history and possible timelines to play with. More creative freedom might be good.

Three Lolis each came up with a wish to render Kyubey a harmless mascot character and take her powers.

good post

That would require an infinitely powerful girl to make that wish. Madoka isn't infinitely powerful.

the cake scene was so fucking gorgeous. Who was the director for that part? Best part of the whole movie.
I also liked how they established that Mami was the most powerful of them all. What a shame she died so soon.

>I also liked how they established that Mami was the most powerful of them all.
That was made clear even in the side stories, though those aren't animated. Mami like many others is a genuinely beautiful mass of contradictions, extremely powerful but mentally weak and fragile, trying to be her model of justice and a role model but coming from a completely selfish wish which ironically is precisely what allows her to get away with that more, and all along what she truly deeply wants is at least one special partner of her own. Whereas magically Homura is actually one of the very weakest, though her specific power lets her be very efficient. But she's mentally one of the very strongest.

>What a shame she died so soon.
Some of the spinoffs give her way more time and explore her more. If you haven't read The Different Story you should, it's a pretty well done much deeper exploration of Mami and Kyouko's relationship, of how Sayaka might fit in, and Homura really trying something else, but all of it coming just barely short anyway as it must. The system really was rigged against them.

Then humanity won’t progress anymore, apparently
Yet another thing the usurper ruined

>taking QB's words at face value
>ever

No, the human race would have never existed.

Humans evolved because of kyubey's intervention.

Why didn’t Homura just rape Madoka?

Attached: 5D4EC676-B517-4575-9919-FF0EE4F59237.jpg (283x286, 53K)

She did you imbecile, as much as we like to pretend Rebellion’s ending never happened

Why doesn't Homura want to get close to Madoka again after bringing her back in rebellion? She should make her take responsibility by locking her away in her basement.

Because Homura doesn't think she deserves Madoka's friendship because she thinks Madoka would disagree with what she did.

>Why didn’t Homura just rape Madoka?
Both because that would be against Homura's wish, and also for what it's worth it wouldn't work. The whole point is to make Madoka NOT want to make a wish. By the time Homura is getting truly desperate, the repeated loops and unnatural levels of misfortune and thus potential surrounding Madoka means the incubators will always home in on her no matter what (at least unless she got old enough), and will always be pestering her to make a wish. If she was pushed into a miserable situation as a normal, she'll just wish it away and mission failed yet again. Homura has to thread the needle of trying to get everyone around Madoka to be against it, and make her not be needed anywhere for anything, which also means defeating wololol night. And she only gets a month or whatever it was. The situation just keeps getting worse.

iirc at least one doujin was on this. homura tries to rape/mindbreak/lock her away out total despair. madoka being madoka senses homura's enormous self hate and loneliness of this, and promptly Wishes to help, causing homura even more soulcrush.

She should have just asked for infinite wishes

>Madoka
>doing something
It would be out of character.

>rape her until she loses her ability to talk
>break both her hands
>make her go deaf/blind if necessary
Problem solved.

>qball has telepathy
Nope, not even a good try. Like, if Madoka's mind was literally destroyed then sure she couldn't make a wish, the same as if she was just killed, but that would be a denial of Homura's wish too which was to become strong enough to protect her. So a
>LOOK AROUND YOU! YOU DIDN'T PROTECT A DAMN THING
tier solution won't cut it. Homura might as well suicide and leave the world to burn in that case. So she just keeps going until the end and Madoka transcends and changes the rules entirely and then Homura still keeps going even further anyway, because her wish is her reason to be.

>that would be a denial of Homura's wish too which was to become strong enough to protect her
We know for a fact that kidnaping and mindraping Madoka is something Homura is willing to do.

Different Story handled the characters poorly by trying to re-invent them, and mentally Homura is not that strong, she just has plot armor.

Destroyed the universe blah blah blah. ACTUALLY, Madoka wish did really fixed eveyrhting by becoming herself a new law of physics, Homura is the one that fucked everything up by actually destroying the unviverse and then reduce it to a bubble of "happiness" for Madoka, see thos quotation marks? There's nothing happy about it since Madoka will never grow up, get to know new people, explore the world, fall in love, have children and get to see them grow and live their lives too, Homura really is a shit.

The most important reason is that any wish Madoka could have made besides "destroy all witches" would have resulted in her turning into a planet-sized mega-witch that eats everything.

Why would he grant that wish?

I would wish for Meduka pantsu! x3

What if she wished for a way to permanently cure witches and revert them to magical girls?

The problem is that if it doesn't retroactively apply to herself then Gretchen is still going to eat everything.

What would be your idea for a Madoka spin off to replace Record that's not just a sequel to Rebellion?
I want to see Homura, Kyoko, and Mami hunting Wraiths but none of that Wraith arc shit. I want to see Homura trying to oepn up to the others with vague allusions to Madoka but being unable to due to the immense emotional trauma

> retroactively

What does that even mean in this context? If her wish is for a way to revert witches into magical girl, every magical girl that becomes a witch from that very point onward will be cured, including herself.

Nothing in this post is true.

She didn't wished to destroy the witches though, her wish was to beat the witches after the moment they were born, breaking the cycle of suffering but at the same time extracting the valuable energy for the universe in her Madokami self, it remind me of the Divine Comedy heaven where God was represented as a big ball of light surrounded by an infinite amount of smaller balls of light representing the souls of people.

But she did do things, my meme friend :^)

because 12 episodes of crying and female hindsight would have been for nothing....o wait

Romantic comedy about Homura dating Madoka's mom.

>after
you mean before

> beat the witches after the moment they were born

What? Wasn't it to make magical girls ascend to her paradise before they become witches in the first place?

Yeah, sorry, I think I phrased it wrong, the point is that all the energy that was supposed to become the witches was taken by Madokami at the moment of "the birth" of the witches.

The way you originally phrased it wouldn't have applied her own wish to herself after turning into a witch. The reason her wish worked is that she specified destroying all witches with her own hands, which allows her to paradoxically destroy herself even after she becomes a witch.

If you're saying that she should wish to cure all witches throughout time immediately after they're born, then that's pretty much the same thing she did wish for except replace "destroy" with "cure". But I think wishing for not only a nebulous cure which would otherwise be impossible, but also applying it to every witch to ever exist, is a bit too ambitious for even someone of Madoka's potential. While QB always says you can wish for "anything", there's clearly some limit since we know Madoka's wish was only possible since she had such crazy high potential.

Kill all the magical girls would have worked as well.

alright, Magical Hitler

>Magical Hitler

Attached: Holy_Mami_05.png (652x990, 283K)

This shit is so dumb

The problem is that it was never defined how much power she had, and nothing suggests she knew her limits. So why not try that?

Her wish in the end doesn't prevent the untimely demise of young girls. Nor it prevents the same destiny to happen to countless other girls in the future.

The incubators are a sociopathic race, not a force of nature. Their theories about entropy are simply that. A theory. They can't even explain how emotions work, and you're trusting them to explain the end of the universe?

Because just wishing to solve all problems makes for a dissatisfying ending.
For an actual answer, I assume Madoka wanted to try for something that was actually conceivable. Despite the vast scope of her wish, it's pretty easy to imagine: witches can clearly be destroyed, so just do that a bunch of times. But a witch has never been "cured" and turned back into a magical girl, and no one can think of how it would even theoretically work (does the grief seed turn back into a soul gem or what?). Trying to do something that vague AND trying to apply it on a universal scale seems risky to me because who knows how it would actually be applied or if it could work?

Though I could argue that since her actual wish entailed going back to the past and save every single magical girls that ever existed, it was even more extreme that something that would only have an effect from that point onward.

Madoka does a lot.

Attached: 1540109458389.jpg (800x800, 145K)

Gacha ruined this series.

Rebellion ruined this series more like
Well, at least we got two years of enjoyment from it

There are 'people' who unironically think the gacha is better than the main series

Rebellion was kino.

Not even reddit or discord think the gacha story is good. They complain endlessly about it.

There's a tripfag who thinks so.

>Caring about what any tripcuck thinks
>ever
>not fltering on sight

Step it up, Madokek.

Oh yeah, that loser.
He's a scumsucking apologist who reinterprets the original anime's and Rebellion's story to try and cover up Magireco's plotholes.

QBs are just a hive mind-artificial intelligence doing their role.

Attached: a53.jpg (680x434, 32K)

This doujin is called Loop Girl Loop for those intrested

If you're still around, have you ever read Vinge's Fire Upon the Deep or his papers on accelerating change? Your last lines provoked something that made me think of it.

I KONW THIS SERIES SINCE 2011 I SAW THIS TWO DAYS AGO, I'M SO STUPID

Welcome to the future of Madoka.

What?

>Literal blanco spic fanfic shit

fucking lmao

I love her

Attached: Screenshot_20180630-101357~01~01.png (576x1024, 982K)

At least the artwork itself is nice.

Himmler Mami is a cute genocidal meguca.

Here is how it would end up if she did.

Attached: Mahou.Shoujo.Madoka☆Magica.full.783425.jpg (679x963, 218K)

Do not fall for such propaganda

Hold up, how did she have ribbons in the stone age..?

Attached: 1523323978328.gif (500x281, 2.75M)

why can only earth make magical girls?

Worked out well for Kiritsugu!

Rebellion was the best part of the franchise and only brainlets think otherwise. It was the only fitting ending for Homura.

They're stone ribbons obviously.

friendly reminder that the gacha games will NOT be canon after the new season
kthxbai

MagiReco will replace the original series.

based and gachapilled

But the humans already evolved by now, they can start doing it without kyuubei

In the official 4koma, it is implied that it is through the efforts of magical girls across history that humanity made it this far.

Madoka wishes for humanity to have never met them and it results in humanity being flung back to the stone age.

The rest of the universe apparently have autism or earthers are drama queens

Homu should stop being such a beta and take what's hers

Rebellion is SO MUCH better than the series
>Sayaka and Kyoko relationship finally have screen time
>Sayaka finally isn't just an oblvious dumbass
>Homura isn't just portrayed as smart but actually acts smart showing her detective skills
>Kyubey finally gets BTFO
All my problems with the series are fixed in the movie, I don't know why people don't like it

Attached: 1553880096981.jpg (281x440, 16K)

And here we have brainlet who thinks those things were actual problems in the series.

>another idiotic 'better wish' thread
ANY WISH NOT DEALING WITH EXISTENCE OF WITCHES WOULD MEAN THAT EARTH / UNIVERSE WOULD BE DESTROYED RIGHT AFTER THE WISH WAS GRANTED BY GRETCHEN
This was posted a billion times already.

Just wish for three more wishes lol

they were
series should've been 16 episodes long, Kyoko killing herself for sayaka comes out of nowhere

>Kyoko killing herself for sayaka comes out of nowhere
Did you just say that?
Did you just miss all three episodes that happened before that??

none of which Sayaka gives two shits about Kyoko, their relationship in the anime is completely one sided
anyway, as I said the series should've been 16 episodes long, 2 hours movie is basically 4 episodes so it fixed everything, at least for me, I was completely satisfied by the end of it