Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R_m7XmnVsY8?t=455
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucca_Comics_&_Games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

France, probably

China.

In proportion to their population?
Nippon, Italy, France, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Finland.

Italians only like the old ones. New ones not so much.

me

Japan

isn't anime a very niche thing over there?

My money on the Philippines

the countries with big populations probably. China, India, USA and Indonesia

correct translation: "fun is fun"

Yeah it is, anime/manga is more popular in say France or even China.

South Korea, for sure.

China with a population like that they definitely watch more anime but France? Hell no it doesn't even have half of the population Japan has

are you fucking high? anime is most popular in japan. of course not everybody watches shows like yosuga no sora but anime is mainstream as fuck there just look at twitter how many japs have anime profile pics

punching Yui in her soft cheeks would be fun

Yui did nothing wrong

Taiwan

user cool your autism he made a joke

Japan, France, China, Indonesia, Russia

>anime is niche in Japan
When did zoomers start pushing this meme?

Mexico is easily the most weeb western country

baguettes and spaghettis have the cash but dont have the soul

Attached: mexico.jpg (680x350, 35K)

youtu.be/R_m7XmnVsY8?t=455
anime man says so. I hate him but he lives in japan

>mexico
>western
Ai papi

Japan?

Australia is western but Mexico is not. makes sense

That would probably fix her mental disability

France here, I can tell you that we have entry level taste and we seriously don't watch that much anime. There's not a single anime airing right now on regular TV. Stuff that's popular here are the Ghibli Movies, stuff like Dragon Ball, Pokémon, OP, etc.
We also have abysmal taste in mango, to give an exemple back then they edited Aria, but they only released the 7 first volumes and remaining 5 volumes were cancelled because of the lack of sales. Right now there's a lot of manga being edited but I have no fucking idea about how it's happening because all I ever see being sold is Naruto, One Piece and the likes

German countries actually have the biggest lowkey weeb communities outside of Asia. The amount of anime and Japan festivals they have is almost obsessive. They simply do a good job at hiding their obsessison.

Really? I kept seeing anime-related posters around all the time when I was in France.Ofc you should know better than a tourist.

Then explain why France has the biggest anime expo outside of Japan?

I'm from Belgium so it's maybe not exactly the same but there's quite the large selection of manga available in french, some things I couldn't find subbed online, surprisingly.
But I do agree, most people into manga I talk to aren't really into niche series, always favoring the things that are popular on the Internet.

mexico

Mexico and France

niche series wouldn't be called niche if most people were into them

Really?
More than in France?
I don't buy it

This. We're quite degenerated about manga in France. It's very successful. Animes is not as well developed but it is popular too.
Spices and Brazilians grew with animes we sold to them so they became retarded as well.

Nah. I'm from Germany and anime is not that popular here.

They have Niptown and actual Japanese schools. Annecy isn't a Japan festival. It's all animation, especially french. Besidse, I said biggest lowkey, not biggest. Albeit I wouldn't be surprised if they actually were the biggest weebs in existence.

Why is everybody saying France?

Japan has had a cultural boner for Japan since the beginning of the XXth century.
Then a lot of boomers grew up watching japanese cartoons because that's all there was.

I wonder how many people watch anime in Europe. 10 million or less?

Because France is indeed one of the biggest market for manga (less anime, cuz lots of streaming). We have a culture of buying books: so even with a smaller population than Indonesia or the Philippines, you'll probably achieve more sales in France.
Unfortunately manga editors in France are extremely risk-averse and only publish and promote mainstream stuff. The exception being openly "progressive" manga that gets extra exposure because "muh they're gay"

You mean Club Dorothée and shit like that?

There are a lot of French-Japanese co-productions as well

A pity that even fucking Andorra gives back way more money to Japan, bro.

yea, ~70-80s cartoons iirc

it still amazes me whenever someone tries to use boomer unironically

Attached: Konata_Izumi.jpg (1440x900, 296K)

Can anybody recommend anymore anime-to me.? I've seen pretty much all the good Main ones.

sorry user the word grew on me

Attached: 1553205063264.jpg (1920x2163, 1.81M)

M8, anime is niche as fuck everywhere in the world and yes, also in Japan. Manga on the other ahnd is mainstream there.

Boku no Pico

and your source is....?

SEAfags watch lots of anime.

Pic slightly related. Took them from /int/'s /asean/ thread.

Attached: image.jpg (1413x1000, 388K)

There are several manga that have sold hundreds of millions of copies. Meanwhile the best selling anime have sold just over 100.000. It's pretty normal to see people of all ages read manga in public in Japan. Watching anime outside of stuff like Doraemon or One Piece is not considered so normal. Most people in Japan view it as a subculture thing.

well anime don't sell well because unlike manga you don't need to buy it you can just rent it or stream it. ofc there is otaku anime which is very niche but there is a whole late night time slot dedicated to normal people(noitaminA) and there are a lot anime that air during the day 17.00-22.00 watching anime has no stigma unless you watch boku no pico.

>there are several manga who have been sold over the course of 15+ years with 40+ volumes and they've sold millions
Wow, impressive feat.

>Meanwhile the best selling anime have sold just over 100.000.
Because only otaku buy dvds or blu rays but normal japanese just rent their anime from tsutaya. are you a retard? why are you comparing the sales of manga(couple of dollars per volume) to anime(hundreds of dollars per box set) just why?!

unironically Brazil.

Wasn't Japan also obsessed with France?

i wonder if it is because brazil has the biggest japanese diaspora

is anime popular in america?

we probably have the most anime fans by number but not by ratio to population, it's had a steep incline in recent years though, maybe partly because hollywood can't seem to make anything good anymore

Have you ever heard of a country called China?

We do have the largest comics festival in the world after comiket though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucca_Comics_&_Games

i feel like it is bigger than i originally thought here in iceland
i know a guy who works at the only nerd store in the country and he says that manga sells just about as much as regular comic books/capeshit

you know manga outsells comics pretty much everywhere in the world, right?

no but i do now, thanks
i guess its just i suspected normal comics would sell better because most of the geeks here are so open about liking comics but none really talk about manga or anime

They just like expos(ing themselves) and surrendering.

Kino no Tabi (2003)

how many weebs are there in china? I thought they hated each other

Peru. Seriously. Half of all weeb post on /int/ and Yea Forums are from there

Not a country but I'd bet on places like Southeast Asia or Latin America. Anime is popular in China but I'm not sure if it's that mainstream there.

Capeshit in general isn't all that big in Europe.

I would say

>japan
>USA
>mexico
>brazil

Japan obviously, USA due to large popullation, mexico since it is close and brazil because I live here and anime is very popular.