Subtitles are good enough, professional translators already learned Japanese so you don't have to. Just give up

Subtitles are good enough, professional translators already learned Japanese so you don't have to. Just give up.

Attached: 1446000951052(2).jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4ZqazcgebLs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

この馬鹿

Can 't give up what you never attempted in the first place

Better, no wasted time then.

There are still some old anime that never got a decent translation.

Attached: fansubs.jpg (512x380, 41K)

nanee

Attached: 805.jpg (224x225, 4K)

私は日本語を好きです。

かわいいくない

>を好き

Attached: 9CB4C20B-5D01-4C9F-918A-595E745B2BCD.png (620x640, 260K)

That's one い in kawaikunai, user.

>かわいい

Attached: 1554743555209.gif (240x266, 258K)

Unironically the best and most accurate "translation". You need to be more cool da yo ne.

shit I meant to use が
私は日本語が臭いです。

haven't started learning it YET but all the whining about kanji just makes me want to prove you wrong.
With the right amount of autism and dedication you can learn literally everything.
It's really not that hard unless you give up or lose interest in something halfway through.

>日本語が臭い

なに?!

There are more kanji in the Japanese language than stars in the galaxy, give up already. Don't bother learning radicals to help identifying kanji either, not worth it.

How do you expect me to masturbate if I don't know what's going on?

Attached: tmp.jpg (1025x1500, 360K)

I'm trying to say my Japanese is shit did I do it wrong?

Attached: 1536106358516.jpg (1121x1004, 92K)

Like me the English translation of this masterpiece then.

Attached: siblingssharingabikeiknowwherethisisgoing.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

私は日本語に上手になるのは可能性が高いです

If it doesn't have a professional translation, that just means it wasn't worth it. If it were worth it, don't you think it would be worth making money off of? Translators are protecting you from disappointment. Let them do their jobs.

Attached: 1489858265736.jpg (1216x1059, 126K)

You don't really appreciate how soul-crushing kanji really is until you're already balls deep into it. When you see a word made up of two kanji you recognize and you still have to look up the definition, or you find out the reading is completely different to what you were expecting, or you see a kanji for the first time and realize it's a word you knew, just written with a different kanji for style...

I think you said "My Japanese is smell." Maybe.

or you know exactly what they mean, but don't know how to say them.

くさい means shitty thou

Oh yeah, that's an awful one.

Shit tasteです.

Attached: piggyback4 smug ver.jpg (1920x611, 238K)

no it means stink

Maybe it's stink? So my Japanese stinks

then how the fuck to you say shitty!? くそ is shit.

Attached: 1532245423844.gif (320x230, 2.73M)

I just thought it means something, in general is bad, it's shitty/stinks.

下手クソ

Attached: Sora no Woto - Episode 2-00_02_36-00001.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Stink as in stink in a literal sense.
the word that you're searching is 下手くそ

Attached: 1552695791324.png (1637x1088, 1.31M)

thank you anons

Attached: 1538011515621.gif (320x240, 2.69M)

This sign is a LIE, I can see the lolis in the background with the rock music, mecha anime and beer.

Attached: wara.jpg (450x600, 46K)

I want to get into it but learning to draw is fucking hard and time-consuming already.

Attached: 1554745971296.png (882x750, 750K)

RTKで笑っている

Attached: the man.jpg (300x424, 14K)

???
My life got significantly better after I've become good enough to read any raw manga. I don't need to beg shitty scanlators anymore.

some beginner VN recommendations:
装甲悪鬼村正
神咒神威神楽
信天翁航海録
紅殻町博物誌
霞外籠逗留記
花散峪山人考

Good recommendations, especially for early learners.

Attached: dekinai.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

this

>good enough
No.
And even if, 99.9% of Japanese games are completely butchered after "localization" (censorship synonym btw). So no, it's always worth to learn Japanese.

You seriously need to re-evaluate your life

Mind as well learn mandarin at that point.

What's the point of using chuuni non-jouyou kanji? Do natives even know them that well?

何言ってるの?翻訳されなかった漫画がいっぱいあるよ
誰にも知らない泥中の宝石に興味がないのか?

A lot of them are pretty usual. They feature a lot in place names which means they wouldn't be that unusual. Honestly the examples up there probably wouldn't be so bad for a native.

That said, in my experience they generally don't fret too much over the specifics of the reading which can lead to some weird moments.

The times I've experienced natives showing real difficulties in reading its when they are faced with kanbun which is essentially classic chinese filtered through Buddhism and other obfuscating literary traditions. Probably why kanbun is a rather despised subject in school there.

This thread is full of 出来ないs, Jesus Christ.

For example you might want to advertise the fact that you're selling strawberry ice cream

I learned Standard Korean

Attached: 1549368471491.png (223x182, 57K)

And that's a good thing.

>always whining about the barely 2000 kanji
Try learning Chinese you fucking scrubs.

Don't learn Chinese

>learning Japanese will not improve your life in the way I approve of

Don't post the pic.

Fuck you!

Attached: 432.jpg (468x836, 80K)

So what level would be good enough to play most VNs? will N3 be enough?

How fluent do you have to be to read most books? It's N1 or bust.

What if I read a grammar guide and grind through a LN with the help of a dictionary instead of learning a gazillion kanji out-of-context? I guess I'll remember the most common ones.

>go full autist and learn kana in 3 days
>know them perfectly in one week
>see I have more than 2000 kanji to learn
>give up
That was one year ago, I can still read kana because I play fgo but I can't write them anymore, should I give it a try once again?

Attached: 1547815638157.jpg (1024x1280, 512K)

The complexity of the Japanese writing system is far worse. The amount of characters is not the issue, it's the way they are used, with diverging readings all over the place. With gikun and ateji there are times when the whole system becomes arbitrary and pointless, where rules are bad suggestions leading you onto false paths.

Don't. Going through there is more work than you imagine right now with less than appropriate rewards. Also outdated kanjis won't do you any favour you might learn stuff you'll have to delearn in the future

N3 is kiddie shounen manga (with dictionary)

Yes. Try writing and reading in kana only for awhile then learn a few kanji. The difference in legibility will push you to learn more.

>thinking that passing N1 means you're good
not going to make it

いや
続くです

You could pass N1 and not be able to read fluently

This is actually the correct way to learn jap if you don't wanna burn yourself out and waste massive amounts of time. I would consider going through RTK1 first, though, in order to become able to remember those damned things but I guess it's optional. Personally I would recommend it as it helped me greatly.

Dekinai-posters are all one of these:
1. Those who want but afraid to apply effort
2. Those who tried but failed because procrastination
3. Those who did but want to assert their superiority

They all simply don't want you to succeed. Don't listen to their propaganda. Do it if you want. It not like you will lose anything if you fail. If you had anything better to spend your time on you wouldn't be sitting here, would you.

Attached: dekirudesho.png (590x495, 28K)

GIVE UP

無駄だ!

What if I'm currently doing it anyway and just like the memes, huh?

Attached: You can't rearn Engrish.png (1476x2028, 160K)

I've come across Jason's depression kanji comedy routine so many times by now that it's a lot easier to recognize.

Have you done your anki today, user?

Attached: 1506705097898.png (501x683, 185K)

Why should I even learn jap?
I'l never be able to live there anyway

I thought the same. Now I'm 30, started this year and I wish I did it sooner.

Attached: 2019-04-11_01-26-49.png (96x20, 504)

Fuck no, not since core6k gave me 交通費 before the word for apple.

I took Chinese for 6 years. My parents are upset that I quit, but I couldn’t continue on that path. Japanese is better.

Aren't japanese kanjis and words ranked based on newspapers? I suppose they talk about transportation more often than about apples.

but I'm black
I'd rather just stay here than be looked at wrong by everyone there

This might be the wrong approach but I actually find it comforting to not have to worry about being able to speak or write well because I'll never be able to live in Japan anyway so my only goal is to be able to watch anime and read manga and LNs, so I just focus on reading and listening which is much more manageable.

Kek I just passed that card for the first time like a week ago what the fuck.
>tfw 212 cards waiting in my core6k deck and no drive to go through them in one go
I'm not gonna make it.

You don't have to go there to enjoy their entertainment. I plan on going there on vacation once or twice, but my Japanese is mostly used on manga and games.

I still don't get the context of sometimes using hiragana instead of the kanji

Tons of homophones, basically.

anki is only garbage

Another one bites the dust.

Attached: 1445827200115.png (396x384, 193K)

>learning jap to live in japan
>learning jap to work in japan
What a fucking corporate losers you are. the only reason you need to learn jap is for your own hobby, for otaku stuff.
BE PASSIONATE FOR YOUR OWN HOBBY!

Nigga cope

You still need to memorize fucking everything

Some words and auxiliares are so commonly used they are used in hiragana and drop the Kanji entirely. Example: 綺麗 = きれい

I don't get all these losers who are learning something only related for their work and calling anything else pointless. How sad is their life.
How it's pointless if you can use it for your hobby.

they're just coping,
they will be forever begging their N3 scanlators to translate their favorite manga.

This is actually solid advice. Japanese without kanji is as headache-inducing as Korean.

こんにちわぼくのニガ

Attached: 6ix9inz.jpg (1001x632, 369K)

>わ

>わ

I have no hope of ever actually learning it. Yet I carry on, simply out of pure persistence and the fact I have nothing better to do with my time anyways
The same can be applied to everything else in my life

Attached: 1494564056991.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

毎日勉強していますけど、まだ全然出来ません。

Attached: 1541565391254.png (384x406, 249K)

無理です。諦めましょう。

Never, studying japanese is one of the few things I actively enjoy doing. I'd never read genki before, and since I'm looking into reading tobira soon-ish, I've been reading it at high speed for a couple of days, and though I know 95% of it I'm greatly enjoying it. I should've gone the self study route from the beginning, I'm an idiot.

Daily reminder

Attached: 1520282914477.png (763x554, 356K)

Attached: mig.jpg (300x222, 17K)

soka? n...

Ore no nihon-go wo subarashii da. Baka yarou kuso user-kun

heh.

Attached: smugchika.jpg (218x391, 51K)

ぞい!

Is that Loomis?

>wo

That's great. I'm doing classes but the pace is so slow I'm thinking of dropping and studying on my own.

>仮名の勉強は終了
>漢字はつぎ
いやああああああああああああああ

Attached: 1529006421321.png (616x720, 482K)

Many Takeshi-kuns were bullied to bring us the Genki.

Attached: f.png (117x158, 14K)

kek, you can't fool me. This is Chines
>の

お の

I-i'm not that far in

Attached: Raws.png (581x443, 128K)

See if the place you're studying at lets you sit exams to skip courses. I intend to mostly study on my own, but I'll admit that being lectured by a native a few times a week is great, though too slow to learn at a reasonable pace

>professional translators already learned Japanese so you don't have to
Thing is because they learnt Japanese out of books instead of actually learning to speak it they get the subtitles wrong half of the time.
Not to mention when you get good enough at Japanese to watch without subtitles you eventually realise just how cringy and bad the Japanese voice actors actually are.

Kanji's not even the hard part about Japanese. There's so many tools to look them up quickly and anki to help them stick. Hard part is grammar and making sense of some of the retarded sentences they write, especially in shit like Light Novels. Ever read a sentence with quadruple negatives? You will when you pick up Japanese.

To be fair there's like only one non jouyou kanji in there though.

Attached: 2019-04-11_02-24-15.png (638x284, 24K)

>quadruple negatives
Нифига себе, нигде никогда ничего подобного не видел

Attached: —.png (683x720, 509K)

and a cheeki breeki to you too, ivan

yea

Attached: 1546173948831.jpg (605x345, 146K)

>>That was one year ago
h-hahaha. What a loser. Could you imagine if someone learned kana 6 years ago and did nothing ever since?

Attached: dekinai.jpg (789x598, 83K)

spasibo tovarish

Attached: slavsaka.jpg (604x604, 65K)

>つぎ

Is this 2chan or is there an image board that is less dead that they all use? I'm surprised by how much of that I can read. I've been playing JRPGs and slowly translating every word for the last year.

Fuck you Loomis, I'mma drawabox instead.

You faggots need to stop studying and turning language-learning into a chore and just start watching anime without subs until the language sticks
That's how you learn languages.

Looks like 2ch.

This methodology reminds me of Parasyte when Migi read books to learn and talks like a normal person, while the other alien watched tv and talks like a chuuni. Don't go half-literate.

you use wo for the direct subject stupid, didnt know that did you? monkey

Attached: AkkoSmile.jpg (250x219, 14K)

Define 'learn language', because with that method you'll learn nothing about writing or reading.

But I also taught myself english that way and you don't hear me talking like a hollywood movie hero.

>I'm surprised by how much of that I can read
Your mind is subconsciously cheating because of the translation next to it.

English acting is different from anime acting though.

You don't, watching lacks interaction, if you're thinking about making parallels with children. Then again, you would need to do it full time every day for years, and then still study if you want to read or write.

>Ignorance, Darkness, Mongolia
lmao those chinamen go hard

haha

Attached: 1452473288173.jpg (449x597, 50K)

What I did to learn writing and reading was play a lot of games in japanese, manga would have helped too but it was never my thing. Things that have furigana help a lot in the beginning. Though I didn't get into reading and writing until I had a decent grasp of the language.

お楽しみこれからだ!

I went to Japan and talked to some natives while we watched variety TV. They didn't know either.

>Then again, you would need to do it full time every day for years
Isn't that normal for people on Yea Forums?

Ok, now we talking. I thought you only meant watching anime.

If there is something I have learned in my journey to master Japanese, it's that Japs are shameless about sexism and xenophobia, and it shows in their Kanji and compounds.

don't watch anime exclusively if you wanna actually learn the language
but watching without subs does rock
you don't normally realize how big of a distraction they are

Maybe. Personally I watch one or two shows per season only.

泥中の宝石なんか興味ないな
今このすば読んでいるから

Kanji themselves are borrowed from China.

Some of their meanings differ, though.

The deck has some compound words that are basically just a combination of things you should already know. It makes more sense when you break it into 交通 = traffic and 費 = cost/expense.

Yup. Every day for the past 2 years. I feel like if I stop now I'm going to drop dead.

If you stop you'll eventually forget most of them.

出来ませんでした(´;ω;`)

Attached: Screenshot_20190411-005722_AnkiDroid.jpg (1080x305, 90K)

That's the best and most effective way to learn anything, honestly. Pride is the enemy of man, those without it can always move forward.

絶対絶命

There's a Tae Kim deck? What's in it, verb conjugations?

>using Tae Kim instead of imabi or djg

Well that's how I started anyways, a couple years of watching anime with subs until I tried watching without them and realized I wasn't completely lost, then I started to branch out.
People who haven't learned japanese love to discourage others by telling them anime will never teach you japanese because you'll just end up talking like an anime character, but it doesn't really work that way. The language and its rules are the same, then once you have a grasp on it you could watch for example videos of people irl talking and the difference between casual speech and voice acting will be obvious to you.
Anime is spoken in Japanese, not in a magical chuuni language that is exclusive to anime, and it will teach you to understand Japanese if you put your mind into it.

You mean you learn to differentiate the bad ones from the good ones. Now that I understand spoken Japanese better Albedo's seiyuu for example makes me want to throw up because her voice is so awful.

You won't forget if you use it. If you can get to the point where you can start reading/watching raws.

I don't understand nip and also feel that way about her seiyuu

良い曲です

the practice sentences mostly

Interesting, maybe she's just universally disgusting. It's nice that you share this same sentiment with me. I hope you have a great day.

Doesn't matter, fucked a white girl.
t. Takeshi

My Japanese was good enough to get into a lot of soaplands, and I had no trouble seeing the girls at Tobita Shinchi or seeing a JAV actress, but knowing more Japanese will just open up more doors.

I finished my doctorate, work in industry, and qualify for Japan's highly skilled migrants program, but I am thinking of getting a research job there, and knowing more Japanese will help as well.

But at the end of the, studying Japanese and everything else I've done like grad school was because I'm a sex addict and want more money and access.

youtu.be/4ZqazcgebLs

>xenophobia
retard

Is Korean harder or easier than Japanese? I'd figure it'd be easier since there aren't two different writing systems in the small language

*same language

Korea has a much easier alphabet, but discerning and producing certain sounds is going to be much harder for English speakers, while Japanese will be easier to pronounce. Grammar will probably be about the same. I was able to learn the Korean alphabet in a couple of days with just moderate memorization practice. Japanese kanji will never end.

Attached: korea.webm (700x1050, 2.81M)

Watchcing anime subbed is just as bad as watching it dubbed you nigger.

If you wanna read anything in Korean written before 1971, you gotta know more than a good number of 漢字, no different from Japanese, really.
Besides, knowing 漢字 would allow you to discern homophones which can be told apart in Chinese through tones, but that are indistinguishable solely through pronunciation in Korean or Japanese.

Attached: main-qimg-406644509ccc63c6873667260cfe6b23-c.jpg (568x899, 156K)

Localization faggots have ruined subtitles so no. Even if every single piece of media was translated I'd still learn japanese.

Why do people always mention homophones? Every European language has tons of them but they're always trivial to figure out through context, I don't see how this could ever be a problem.

First started learning in fucking 2012. Seven god damn years I could have been fucking fluent

Attached: 1539589964791.jpg (800x499, 124K)

I use anki in my university studies as well. I don't even understand how I managed before. Does the average student use flashcards? If not what do they use instead?

Quizlet

>take whole 3 days to learn kana
>take a whole week to perfectly remember them
>call it autism
nigga what were you doing, it takes a single afternoon

Attached: 1551271073263.jpg (483x487, 44K)

What stopped you?

Just get yourself a text extractor and yomichan/rikaisama. Write down words that seem important. If necessary, drill 'em down using a custom deck on anki. You will eventually recognize any word you've seen enough times. Otherwise, keep using the glosses.

These threads are always so perfectly timed to my life. Whenever I happen to be slacking off on drilling kanji or something that stupid bitch's face pops up and riles me up for the rest of the day. Thanks Yea Forums, I just may learn nihongo yet.

Attached: JUST_yu_yu_hackashow.png (512x605, 465K)

You were warned

Don't worry, language-learning is a lifelong thing. You have the rest of your life to learn and suffer