Subaru and Emilia were meant for each other...

Subaru and Emilia were meant for each other. They are both two deeply flawed characters which compliment each other perfect. Remove the Mary Sues from the picture (rem) and their characters really shine. I’ll admit Subaru gets a lot better after rem is gone. Just wait for season 2 Subaru haters.

Attached: 107E78D9-CCE9-4B02-93EA-40E578A90C6A.jpg (300x250, 15K)

>Emilia
>Not a mary sue
The bait is too powerful.

Attached: Blinded.jpg (838x501, 87K)

butthurt remfags in 3...2...1...

Emilia is extremely flawed. Just read the WN

She has Mary Sue flaws.

Flaws that were written out and essentially became Roswaal's fault.

Attached: bestgirl.png (1274x720, 400K)

Like what? Can you name a few? In arc 4/5 Subaru and her even have a shouting match because their characters are so fucked up where all they do is demean each other and talk shit about one another. It was a poignant scene because it’s completely true. Both characters are so fucked in the head they can barely do anything right.

Roswaal only manipulated her traits which allow him to gain control over her. These aren’t really her flaws though. Roswaal just knew how to fuck with her.

Pretty much. Any of her real character flaws were erased in the LN.
Those flaws literally only exist so Subaru can help her with them before they essentially disappear forever. And why did you bring up Arc 5? No such thing occurs there. Every flaw Emilia has exists because it's cute, or so Subaru has a reason to save her.

I haven’t read the LN and neither have you. If you have then post it

Post what? Do you want me to compile all of my LNs into one archive and shove them up on MEGA? They're in Japanese though, so you might have trouble.

I don’t read nip

Then what do you want me to do?

Translate it for me. Unfortunately all the WN translations are done by biased remfags

>Remove the Mary Sues from the picture (rem)

Are you unironically calling a character that is compulsively dependent on others, gets hard cucked by the guy she’s obsessed with, is existentially erased, and typically has to be saved more often than she gets to save others a Mary Sue?

The events happening around her have nothing do to with the character ( a flawless supportive waifu maid dream)

You are a filthy newfag. Please off yourself or fuck off.

Waifubait and Mary Sue are 2 entirely different terms with 2 entirely different meanings. You want to call her waifubait that’s fine, but she is not even remotely a Mary Sue.

She's a borderline suicidal sadistic stalker. Even worse, she's autistic.

All of these flaws went out the window by arc 3

They're all present in Arc 3.

Just because she wants to sacrifice herselff for someone doesn’t make her suicidal.

Her thoughts where she's disappointed that she's not allowed to die yet, so much so that she rages at the Witch Cult for taking away her reason to die, is borderline suicidal behavior. Rem wanted to just die there.

That's not what she meant.
Subaru was the thing she wanted to give her life to protect and love.

>Subaru gets a lot better after rem is gone
This.

Absolutely seething in here

Let me post the WN of that scene for you

>Emilia: “Stay like this until morning—Subaru.”
>Subaru can say nothing further in response to Emilia's near-pleading voice.
>He brings the chair closer to the bed, placing Emilia's grasped hand beside her pillow. Emilia looks at him with her eyes wavering. He nods. Subaru: “All right. —I will, Emilia.”
>Emilia: “Mm... thank you.”
>With that short exchange, Emilia's eyes again close.
>Unlike her continued forfeiture of consciousness from this morning, this is self willed sleep, for the sake of resting her wings. What words will she speak when she wakes?
>The worst case scenario that Subaru envision has been conquered by Emilia's own power. >Feeling saved by this fact, Subaru watches over Emilia's sleeping visage.
>Emilia: “...I trust you.”
>Hearing Emilia's half-asleep mutter, Subaru slips a sigh.
>—The situation will start moving again, come morning.
>The big morning is pressing in, only a few hours away.
>And—
---
>—The room was dark. With the lights out, the room interior descends into darkness. The footsteps of twilight and dreams abounded in this space, and would until dawn visited through the window.
>The closed door severed this room from the outside world. Silence overwhelmed this chamber.
>There amid the darkness, in the centre of the room stood a bed, where there lay a girl with her eyes shut.
>A quiet mute of even sleeper's breathing broken now by sound.
>Being,
>Girl: “...Liar.”
>A weak, hazy whisper.
>Voiced by the girl in the bed, resentment recited in faintest verse.
>Girl: “Subaru, you liar.”
>Again, the murmur repeats.
>Clenching her empty hand and left alone in the room, Emilia denounces the lies of the absent boy.
>—The morning of the big day presses in, with only a handful of hours remaining.
The fact you see this as positively romantic baffles me.

>quoting something out of context to help push your nonexistent ship

Attached: 45886D6A-FFCB-4FB7-84AF-935314A7D9B4.jpg (600x703, 131K)

Out of context? Subaru lies directly to Emilia, knowing exactly how important promises are to her. After conspiring with puck to leave Emilia alone so he can become Emilia’s support, which is blatant manipulation.

Yes and it’s one of his flaws. That isn’t the first time. This has nothing to do with their love as a whole. Subaru is just a pussy.

>Subaru and Emilia were meant for each other.
>Subaru knowingly lies directly to her, knowing how important promises are to her. Right after getting her father figure to fuck off so she’ll be forced to rely on Subaru.

Do you hate Emilia or something? Not even a Remfag, but dude Subaru and Emilia isn’t a good relationship. They simply don’t match up.

What was that quote last thread?

How Subaru and Emilia’s relationship didn’t grow stronger after an entire year, in fact it was at a lower point then at the start of the time skip.

Which was ironically at its highest point having become her knight and her lover

Puck knew it was required for her to pass the trial. Did you actually read the fucking book

It’s not like the author can’t write love, he knowingly has made it that Subaru loves Rem way more than whatever you call Subaru’s feelings for Emilia.

How?
>Witch of Lust

I did. Subaru had to manipulate Emilia so she can pass the trial. Telling her things like “I love you” which simply aren’t true.

What the fuck. The entire story is based off of Subaru’s “love” for Emilia. He’s confessed his love for her 9 times, kissed her, gotten closer to her than anyone else. Is this bait?

>lover
Emilia is mentally 13.
They have NO relationship, romantically speaking.
she recognizes him as a Knight, but she is incapable of even understanding his romantic feelings, let alone reciprocating them.

Oh, yeah, Subaru also had his memories eaten by Louis Arneb in Arc 6. He has NO feelings for Emilia outside of respect and friendship. He is unlikely to get them back, either, and if he DOES, Rem will wake up at the same time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW DARE YOU POST THIS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This.

Emilia a best

>The entire story is based off of Subaru’s “love” for Emilia
No it isn’t. I have no idea where you get that.
>He’s confessed his love for her 9 times, kissed her, gotten closer to her than anyone else.
1. Saying =\= doing
2. I don’t see how kissing = love. Have you ever kissed a girl before?
3. So? Everyone else avoids Emilia so it’s not hard to be the “closest”.

I can easily say Subaru doesn’t love Emilia. I for one, take the word “love” seriously. I can disprove that Subaru loves Emilia with a simple comparison. We know for a fact that Subaru loves Rem, the WoL scene confirms it and it’s backed up with numerous scenes where Subaru’s feelings for Rem show, to name a few in no particular order: Arc 3 post From:Zero, the carriage rides where he talks about Rem to Emilia, Rem’s bedside 1, Rem’s bedside 2, that loop where everyone dies and Subaru carries Rem through the blizzard, Arc 6 him talking to Petra, and there’s more that I’m missing. We compare his feelings for Rem to his feelings for Emilia. Typing is hard so let me just hit you with the pasta.

One of the "loves" is not like the other. One clearly outpaces the other (Witch of Lust: Arc 4 Chapter 73), Subaru is clearly more emotionally attached to one of the two.

Rem means so much more to Subaru then Emilia does; when he was looking for strength during Arc 4, who did he turn to? Who peals his weak and brittle heart and replaces it with a "covering of steel" (Arc 4 Chapter 31)? Who's devotion affirmed him and made him stand for the first time?

>There was a girl who desired such of him. Subaru had placed a curse on that girl, and responsibility was on him to repay that girl his curse had bound. —No. Responsibility was nothing in the picture. Just, if she was believing in him, then he wanted to be as someone who would gain that belief. Because that girl told Subaru she loved him, Subaru wished to be someone who would continually gain her 'love you's

I thought Subaru got a lot better after he had THAT talk with Rem? He was consistently cool in episodes 19-25.

Rem became the person he could show his weakness to.
Read Arc 6.

Huge spoilers.
Subaru has amnesia from the time he left the convenience store til the time he work up in the Tower of Pleiades after reading Reid Astraea's Book of the Dead. The reason why is because Louis Arneb (Archbishop Gluttony, Satiation) ate his memories when he read the book and was transported to Od Lugunica/Corridor of Memories. When his memory-wiped self figures out to read Reid's book again, he returns there, and Louis Arneb attempts to get him to discard his old self so she can eat his memories again. Rem's "shadow/soul, etc" appears and tells him to stand up and be her hero. To never give up.

Rem and Subaru's relationship is so strong that it got through that kind of situation.
Rem is far more important to him.

The LN is gonna fix that.

He did. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Arc 4 spoilers

Subaru is a hero, Rem had said.
I will act being as Rem's hero, Natsuki Subaru had decided.
Ever since they shared their promise, Subaru had resolved.
—That in this world, this universe, the only time he could show his weakness, was when with Rem.
When with the Rem who knew Subaru was weak, but even so believed in his efforts to act with strength, was the only time Subaru could go without hiding the fact he was weak.
Not to Emilia, not to Beatrice, not to anyone else could he show it.
The only person could a Subaru who needed to be strong show his weakness to was Rem.

It didn't, mainly because it can't. Subaru's reliance on Rem is something that is deeply embedded in his character. You can try to erase all the scenes where he shows it but you can't remove it from his character.

oh yeah I was in the thread when that chapter came out,totally based

Attached: 1526537228275.jpg (2048x1536, 664K)

woah did he abandon his own thread

They never show though, do they user? You autists screech every thread trying to bait remfags out and you all end talking amongst yourselves. T b h, they live rent free in your head.

what about Rem Sharpio

"Emiliafags" are truly sad. They literally just "love emilia" to be a contrarian and bait remfags, but the supposedly butthurt remfags they never bite. Yet they have been making threads since the season 2 announcement waiting for someone to pay them attention. I guess they are seething hard since subaru and the fanbase pay more attention to a girl that has been 2 arcs (one of them which as long as the three first arcs) and half in a coma, rather than paying attention to their literally retarded main heroine. That is one half. The other half are animeonlies who shitpost because they think rem is a cuck because of the skipped scene in the anime.

>Emilia and Subaru aren't Mary Sues
user....

Attached: D1WnloMXgAAe0UJ.jpg (441x345, 33K)

Attached: 20190410_080349.png (802x401, 369K)

can you stop posting that trash

I don’t particularly like Emilia but she’s a better fit for Subaru than Rem. Rem won’t ever stand up to Subaru when he’s in the wrong after she developed an emotional dependence on him, but when Subaru was acting like an entitled prick in the 3rd Act, it’s Emilia that finally tells him off.

Subaru doesn’t need somebody who enables him, he needs somebody who can honestly tell him when he’s being an overzealous sperg.

Attached: 17FE48F3-8466-440F-95EB-41758F508168.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

>. Rem won’t ever stand up to Subaru when he’s in the wrong
dude are you being serious right now

Subaru is most fucking definitely not a Mary Sue, are you joking? He has a Mary Sue power, but as far as how he actually uses it he is the jobbing king of jobberland. He is the antithesis of a Mary Sue.

why do I keep seeing posts about this anime on this board in the last few days?

Green light for a 2nd season was announced just a couple weeks ago, and also Isekai Quartet is currently airing.

Holy shit it's the textcuck again